With the release of this 1.02.06 i think it's about time to take a look back at the bugs compiled by Monkeyface66 at the BUG LIST & feature request thread. It will show that WD has in fact made progress with our little machines and that, although there's still a long way to get to perfection, improvements have been made.
OTOH, it is also funny to remember the days when the naysayers thought that ScottWD and GuyWD were not from WD, and that no bugs would be crushed, and so on.
Here it is, then:
* External subtitles (srt, ass, ssa) are out of sync most of the time. - SOLVED
* If external subtitles have two or more lines inside them, the -last- line is not centered. - SOLVED
* Embededed subtitles stop being displayed approx. 10 seconds before the end of the video file is reached. - Solved? Can someone confirm this, please?
* Embededed subtitles are rendered a lot uglier than external subtitles - SOLVED
* Words are cut right in the middle and continued in the second line when subtitle lines exceed the display width. - Solved? Can someone confirm this, please? (my subs are all trimmed previously in Subtitle Workshop)
* Embedded subtitles disappear, when the "displace image" function (repositioning of the picture) or the "zoom" feature is used during video playback with activated subtitles. - STILL AN ISSUE.
* In "1080p 24Hz" display resolution mode, 23.976 fps video files (e.g. .M2TS) suffer a short stuttering/juddering in an exactly 40-seconds cycle. - STILL AN ISSUE.
* In "1080p 24Hz" display resolution mode, 23.976 fps video files in .MKV containers stutter extremely hard every ~25 seconds for about 10 seconds. - SOLVED
* USB power is not entirely cut off when USB storage drives are ejected or the WD TV is shut down via remote. - STILL AN ISSUE.
* There is a weird "black level" issue that affects the HDMI video output in a different way depending on 1) the selected resolution in the settings menu (AUTO or a fixed resolution) and 2) the video file. - Solved? Can someone confirm this, please?
* Skipping/stuttering DTS audio issue through digital optical out about every 10 seconds in many .MKV container video files. - SOLVED
* FF and REV (+10 minute jumps) do not work properly during playback of many .MPG, .MPV, .M4V, .VOB and .M2TS files. - Apparently solved, please someone confirm.
* The correct "display aspect ratio" should be read out off the provided .IFO file when a DVD-VIDEO .ISO file or a DVD-VIDEO folder is played back. - Unlikely to be solved for ISO files, they are not officially supported. Still and issue with vob files.
* The "Scanning the attached USB device ..." notification does pop-up when "media library" is set to ON, but NOT when "media library" is set to OFF. - NOT AN ISSUE, apparently.
* The "disk volume name to folder navigation in list mode" feature seems not to work properly. (Or there is a misunderstanding in its real function). It still says "USB1" and "USB2". - STILL AN ISSUE.
* System fonts sizes and subtitle font sizes are too small when COMPOSITE output is used on a CRT TV. - Solved for some who are happy with the 40 size subs, others still believe it's too small.
* It seems that a fixed gain is applied to the audio tracks during playback. - STILL AN ISSUE.
* 24bit/96KHz FLAC audio files get internally down-sampled to 48KHz through digital optical out whereas they should be passed through untouched. - STILL AN ISSUE.
* The WD TV sometimes sounds “jittery” during playback of lenghty audio files (e.g. flac image files bigger than 100.000 KBytes or large WAV files). - Solved? Can someone confirm this, please?
* The CURSOR buttons on the remote react inverted (left = right, up = down) when the "displace image" function (repositioning of the picture) is used during photo and video playback. - STILL AN ISSUE.
* The screen shows "Please select the device you would like to eject" when the previously selected drive is being ejected instead of something like "please wait while the drive is being ejected" - STILL AN ISSUE.
Solved - 5
Unsure - 6
Not yet solved - 8
Partially solved (some users still not happy) - 1
Ok folks, please help me confirm the unsure ones