Forum Jump: 

post #181 of 2071 Old 06-23-2009, 06:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by drm870 View Post

Well they posted recently that their forums would be down due to server maintenance starting around 8:30 AM Korean time. Not sure if that's now though.

K thanks drm, I didn't see that. Apparently it is 10:30am KST right now (Thank you Google!)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 2071 Old 06-23-2009, 07:32 PM

and looks like they have changed their name servers to mvix
post #183 of 2071 Old 06-23-2009, 07:44 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by shtark View Post

and looks like they have changed their name servers to mvix

Shop/Forum still down for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtreamer.net front page View Post

Our Forum & Shop maybe down for maintenance

Sorry for the inconvenience

post #184 of 2071 Old 06-23-2009, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourtwenty2009 View Post

Shop/Forum still down for me.

Same
post #185 of 2071 Old 06-23-2009, 10:25 PM

I think it's up now.
post #186 of 2071 Old 06-23-2009, 10:27 PM

yep
post #187 of 2071 Old 06-24-2009, 02:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy4711 View Post

ordered this thing bluntly last Friday using my credit card. order was immediatley confirmed by e-mail and also shows correct on my account status. credit card has not not yet been debited by today though...hoping this is all fine and shipment takes place in July...if not: gggrrrrrr!

my credit card has been debited today.....by Xtreamer.com, Netherlands

Xtreamer.com as a site is for sale....hhhmmmm
post #188 of 2071 Old 06-24-2009, 04:02 AM

Probably just a mistake. Nothing to worry about.
post #189 of 2071 Old 06-24-2009, 04:23 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy4711 View Post

my credit card has been debited today.....by Xtreamer.com, Netherlands

Xtreamer.com as a site is for sale....hhhmmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtreamer.net View Post

Your credit card will NOT be charged until your order is shipped.
Source: Link

AFAIK, everyone who pre-ordered has been charged BEFORE their order was shipped in direct contradiction to what is written on the pre-order page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtreamer.net View Post

We will email you one week before shipping.

Anyone get their one week email yet?..
post #190 of 2071 Old 06-24-2009, 04:36 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:

AFAIK, everyone who pre-ordered has been charged BEFORE their order was shipped in direct contradiction to what is written on the pre-order page.

Anyone get their one week email yet?..

So either Xtreamer is full of $hit or your orders have been shipped (hopefully the latter!!!)

Cheers,
Damian

MSS.net blog (contributing editor) -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Windows Entertainment and Connected Home MVP 2010-2012

post #191 of 2071 Old 06-24-2009, 05:22 AM

wouldn\\'t that be your credit company\\'s fault?
post #192 of 2071 Old 06-24-2009, 07:50 AM

Does anyone happen to know if the, "xtreamer" user (site admin) over on the forums represents the company, or is it just a volunteer person? Are their different "xtreamer" admins? Here is the reason I think there maybe different admins:

So this was a post by a user asking Xtreamer how it's product compares to O!play.

Potential Customer:

Quote:

Dear Xtreamer company,

Can you please show us the facts where you have claim in the statement of why buy xtreamer over O!play that O!play is using the inferior realtek process RTD1073. We would love to buy from honest company doing the honest statements/claims/comparison of other products. I personally would love to be the buyer of xtreamer with no regrets, but if your claim over O!play is false, you are just lying to your customer to your advantage of getting them to pick you over O!play.

(Above post was abrupt, but was asking a valid point. He asked for info/specs regarding Xtreamer's processor. Thou he did do it in am impolite way.)

Xtreamers first response:

Quote:

The 1073 and the 1283 are nearly the same except minor differences about memory bandwidth and DTV support. The 1283 originaly supports recording function the 1073 is cheaper chipset but lacks this ability.

The Xtreamer Enjoyes the 802.11n unique wireless solution, it is aimed to be community oriented with vast forum and website, it is intended to be sold on online only platforms and therefore expected to be cheaper, it is sold from European HQ and has full UPnP with DDnS NAS feature. The Xtreamer enjoys Movie JukeBox as well as the power of one of the most exprienced manufacturers of media players in the industry.

None of those are applicable to O|Play of Asus.

Asus bought a software solution. Its main business was never media players, actually it is asus first attempt to enter this water.

Which one is better and more supportive we will have to wait and see.

This info source is from the highest officials of Realtek.

If you are happy with O|Play, be our guest and go and write on their forum, if you will be able to find one ....

(The response up until the underlined section was very professional. It was polite, informative, and what you would expect from a company answering a question, even a rude one. I give a lot of credit to Xtreamer for answering this question this way, up until the underlined part. If left at that it would build confidence in Xtreamer for myself. The underline part is some what unprofessional. While mild it has an air of hostility.)

Ok, so the first post was pretty normal, what you would expect from a company. It showed they are willing to answer questions, and made me think that if I have a problem with my unit I'd be able to get good customer service.

A day later, after Xtreamers first response, came this 2nd post by Xtreamer:

Quote:

Reading this post just makes us more encouraged to answer you Amboz trol ! ;-)

The price of xtreamer shocked you as well hey ! ??;-) You are frustrated and coming here to do what exactly ?

Nothing much you can do about it even if the Xtreamer was based on grandma's laundry machine engine.

It does all what it promises and more. and cheaper. and better and yes...it is based on other chipset your vendor may have paid more and got less !

Get it right dude! Simple and clear...xtreamer is here ! no need to pay more...99 Euro + shipping + free USB antenna 802.11n and we are all good to go !

Whatever you may say here or elsewhere will not change this fact ! whatever stock you may bought or intend to keep of other player, the xtreamer is here to say to you and your like - enough !!! no need to pay more for a solid media player...when the xtreamer can do same for much less...we could also be greedy but decided to make it affordable for everyone ...Xtreamer is expected to do more and cheaper !

For those readers of this thread who are amused as we are ...a little note : just watch this nickname "amboz" (amboz@hotmail.com) and invite him to discuss things with us once you will get your Xtreamer devices...

We urge you to compare our xtreamer to the WDTV...to the AC RYAN PlayON and Asus as well as to the e-Great once out.

Compare the specs...the usability..the total look and feel...the remote control reaction...the NAS functionality...the language competability...the graphical user interface...the sound feedback ...the ability to play MKV files ...the streaming power...the ad hoc wireless VPN...the on screen display ...the support platforms that are backing up your media player and the time it take each of them to react to your questions, the general community feeling and vibe...and ofcourse ....the price !!!!

Once you are through with this check list...ask yourself the two simple questions ought to be asked !!!!

WHY PAY MORE ?????
Does the Xtreamer worth the 99 Euro price tag ???

This topic is now locked and will be reopend in July !!!

Good luck to our friend Amboz ...it seems he will go now to rest a little bit...

(Is this a different Admin!?! This has an entirely different tone than the first post. It went from professional, instilling confidence in a company. To what you would expect from a teenager flaming another poster. The underline section is unsettling, is the Xtreamer Admin encouraging it's users to flame the posters email, or to "invite him", I guess by email seeing they posted it?)

I personally think Xtreamer will have a great product. What worries me is the follow-up. The hostile and unprofessional tone of the Xtreamer admins answering users questions isn't (IMO) a great indicator of what to expect from a company.

If they find the poster to be a troll, simply delete the thread and ban the user. You don't bring yourself down to the level, taking the bait, and responding the way I've seen the Xtreamer admin respond in a number of threads. I think their responses more than anything else is what's giving people second thought about the product, not the forum trolls.

I don't know if the Admins of the forum are official payed employees of Xtreamer, or if they are simply volunteers. Whatever the case they are doing a disservice to what looks like a great product.

Not like Xtreamer is going to read this, and improve their public relations....but I'm bored. lol
post #193 of 2071 Old 06-24-2009, 08:12 AM
AVS Addicted Member

@ruktuim - good post. I agree with you as well, definitely makes me feel better about holding off on purchasing the Xtreamer. I really hate rewarding a company for such an utter lack of professionalism, but if the Xtreamer does what it claims it will be tough not to!!!!

Cheers,
Damian

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #194 of 2071 Old 06-24-2009, 08:16 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone1026 View Post

@ruktuim - good post. I agree with you as well, definitely makes me feel better about holding off on purchasing the Xtreamer. I really hate rewarding a company for such an utter lack of professionalism, but if the Xtreamer does what it claims it will be tough not to!!!!

This one is my favorite (so far):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Customer View Post

Before I buy 3 of these Xtreamer units, I need to know if my Hamony remote will work with this. To be clear, does Logitech Harmony remote have Xtreamer on their database?

Please, I repeat. If I don't hear any response, I will NOT buy.

I sent several messages, asking about this very topic and never got any responses from you folks. This makes me a little suspicious and wonder about your commitment to us users. So again, please take a little time to answer this question before I buy.

[messages follow by other posters berating the original poster]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtreamer View Post

Thanks for your concern, guys. But don't worry, I've already dispatched the Xtreamer death squad to take care of this guy.

I don't know if I would be making 'death squad' jokes if I were a serious business and one my potential customers asks a question or expresses frustration at problems accessing an answer. Especially considering the Xtreamer is probably shipping to several countries that actually *have* death squads.

The post remains but the admin later wrote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtreamer View Post

Frankly I'm a little surprised by such an attitude but I do apologize if my joke caused any offense.

post #195 of 2071 Old 06-24-2009, 08:18 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

I don't know if I would be making death squad jokes when my customers ask a question or have problems accessing an answer. Especially considering the Xtreamer is probably shipping to several countries that probably *have* death squads.

LOL, Classic!!!

Cheers,
Damian

post #196 of 2071 Old 06-24-2009, 08:29 AM

Eh guys, you are just overreacting, dont you think?

I actually appreciate this kind of talk, it tells me admins are honest. By my book, this kind of straight talk confirms everything they have been saying and promising about the product.

Just for the sake of argument, imagine this Xtreamer product and company is a complete fraud only there to get our money and disappear. Would in this case their tone be the way it is now? Would their admins be calling people trolls and kicking them out of their forum?..
I dont think so. They would be kissing our asses and smiling 24/7 to our faces.

Nasty talk comes from the heart, while being polite is pure business ,regardless of the quality
post #197 of 2071 Old 06-24-2009, 08:31 AM

Quote:

I don't mind buying an Xtreamer if it lives up to it's boasts, and gets good reviews. I'm not saying Xtreamer is a bad product, I'm not saying not to buy one.

I'm simply saying I feel bad for the people who worked hard to make the Xtreamer. They are being (IMO) represented poorly on the forum.

A big selling point for Xtreamer has been it's community and so far the face of it's community has been less than amazing.

I think their are different people who use the "Xtreamer" admin account. The writing styles change and the tone of the posts change. It ranges from professional, what you would expect from a company, to down right childish.

(For some reason when I read the post I get a mental picture other companies answering people in such a manner.

Can anyone imagine:

Bill Gates for Microsoft doing an interview with reporters being asked why the Ipod is outselling the Zume 8 to 1. Him answering by calling the reporter a "trol" grabbing his nuts....and saying, I got ya Zume right here !&@##.)
post #198 of 2071 Old 06-24-2009, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagoda View Post

Eh guys, you are just overreacting, dont you think?

I actually appreciate this kind of talk, it tells me admins are honest. By my book, this kind of straight talk confirms everything they have been saying and promising about the product.

Just for the sake of argument, imagine this Xtreamer product and company is a complete fraud only there to get our money and disappear. Would in this case their tone be the way it is now? Would their admins be calling people trolls and kicking them out of their forum?..
I dont think so. They would be kissing our asses and smiling 24/7 to our faces.

Nasty talk comes from the heart, while being polite is pure business ,regardless of the quality

I think you got the wrong message out of what I was trying to say.
I don't question the validity of their product. It simply raises concerns for myself about what happens after the product is in the customer's hands.

If my player has problems ranging from hardware, to playback, anything you can think of. When you go to the forum for help, will I get the helpful Admin who is polite and friendly, or will I get the Admin who calls me a "trol" and bans me for, "causing bad waters".

I don't consider being an ass to people, "straight talk", you can be nice to people without being phony.

Edit: Again, This won't stop me from buying the product. I'm also not suggesting in anyway it should stop others from buying the product.

I'm simply pointing out (Imo) the public relations end of the product is being handled poorly.
post #199 of 2071 Old 06-24-2009, 08:50 AM

Liked: 13
Ruktuim, I agree with you, it makes the company look bad when clearly there are more than one person using the XtreamerAdmin account one who seems to be very professional and answers questions in a polite manner and another user who is just rude and obnoxious in his/her replies.

David
post #200 of 2071 Old 06-24-2009, 08:56 AM

Oh, common, the death squad thingie was obviously a joke. It was OK within the context.
post #201 of 2071 Old 06-24-2009, 09:03 AM

Well I would not mind a "death Squad" joke if their product was already out and they had established a good relationship with people on their forums.

Everything is still very new and hence I think they should be more careful then just trying to be more friendly. What we need now is a solid evidence.

They don't accept people talking c**p about them. So why do they sat stupid things.
post #202 of 2071 Old 06-24-2009, 09:12 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crolique View Post

Oh, common, the death squad thingie was obviously a joke. It was OK within the context.

I agree but also keep in mind that this product is being marketed Globally. While some people my find the humor in it you do run the risk of offending/alienating others. Why even take that chance, especially when you are not even an established company.

Cheers,
Damian

post #203 of 2071 Old 06-24-2009, 09:19 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtreamerAdmin View Post

I believe that most of the more pressing questions have been answered and we will continue to dot the i's as we go. The manual will be published within a few days, the code (fingers crossed) somewhere around the release day. As for the tone etc I'd like to apologize. This is a very stressful time and our resources are rather stretched so please be patient with us and we will make it up to you with our wonderful product and good service.

We have prepared many nice surprises for you. You can bet on it.

link
post #204 of 2071 Old 06-24-2009, 09:26 AM

Quote:

I agree but also keep in mind that this product is being marketed Globally. While some people my find the humor in it you do run the risk of offending/alienating others. Why even take that chance, especially when you are not even an established company.

What product?
Anyone seen it for real??
Come on people, can't you see that this company is run by a bunch of cowboys??
As if they had shared drinks previously with the boys to joke about sending the so called death squad to the other guy.

Personally I think that they will deliver.. but what they have been payed for, as for the next batches they better get their act together or they'll be snooping (or sniping) for customers.

Cheers
post #205 of 2071 Old 06-24-2009, 10:00 AM

Quote:

link

It's nice to see XtreamerAdmin realizing and apologizing for the tone of it's responses to people. The rude manner of the replies does nothing but hurt the company.

It does seems like there are two Xtreamer administrator posters. One named Xtreamer, and the other XtreamerAdmin.

The post I quoted before, as well as the post the XtreamerAdmin apologized for, in the link you posted. Where both posted by Xtreamer, and not XtreamerAdmin. Most of the posts I consider rude/childish/obnoxious are coming from "Xtreamer".

On the other hand the posts that answer questions, and I'd consider polite come from XtreamerAdmin.

So what does everyone else think, Xtreamer VS XtreamerAdmin

Check out the different type of replies they give, which do you like more?
post #206 of 2071 Old 06-24-2009, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruktuim View Post

Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde?
post #207 of 2071 Old 06-24-2009, 10:12 AM
Advanced Member

Check this out!

Some guys in Portugal sent an email to http://www.mvix.eu/ asking if Xtreamer was real and developed with help from Mvix...

Response:

"Dear Sir

Xtreamer.net is Unicorn - Mvix online new platform and brand .

Dont worry.

Mvix Europe ltd.
Unicorn information system co., ltdEuropean Business Div./ Supervisor
www.mvix.eu ,www.mvix.net
Unbo b/d 226-16, sukchon-dong, songpa-gu, Seoul, Korea
Tel: 82 2 420 2713 (202) / Fax: 82 2 420 2723"

So I sent an email to Mivxusa and asked the same thing...

Response:

Thanks for your email and interest in our products.

That is definitely not true.

Mvix is launching this unit soon: Mvix Ultio

http://www.mvixusa.com/ultio/1080p-h...heater-pc.html

The Mvix Ultio MX-800HD is a newer model with a newer style design

The mail was sent to the pre-order adress...

Probably the guys from Mvix are not sharing information between them or the guy just want to sell Mvix products...
post #208 of 2071 Old 06-24-2009, 10:23 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Hey, if Xtreamer (the product) provides as much entertainment as Xtreamer (the company) then we may just have a winning product

Cheers,
Damian

post #209 of 2071 Old 06-24-2009, 12:15 PM

At least we have entertainment and fun

An yes, I preordered one

Cheers
AppleRedX
post #210 of 2071 Old 06-24-2009, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruktuim View Post

It's nice to see XtreamerAdmin realizing and apologizing for the tone of it's responses to people. The rude manner of the replies does nothing but hurt the company.

It does seems like there are two Xtreamer administrator posters. One named Xtreamer, and the other XtreamerAdmin.

The post I quoted before, as well as the post the XtreamerAdmin apologized for, in the link you posted. Where both posted by Xtreamer, and not XtreamerAdmin. Most of the posts I consider rude/childish/obnoxious are coming from "Xtreamer".

On the other hand the posts that answer questions, and I'd consider polite come from XtreamerAdmin.

Check out the different type of replies they give, which do you like more?

This guy must change the Xtreamer account name to Screamer.

I've pre-ordered one after that my popcorn a-110 has died two times in nine months.
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page