It seems that many people are upset with the fact that WD decided to fix the crippled Greek subs support introduced with the 1.02.xx series of firmware but let's look at the facts
In the Official Customer Feedback page
the feature request is as of today like this:Top 10 feature list of the official WD uservoice thread
1. Full DVD ISO support -> officialy planned
2. Support fot network adapter /share -> under review , so status unknown'
3. Downconvert DTS to stereo , planned for the next hardware release. Cannot be done in the current gen. So, it cant be done!
4. USB power off. DONE! (The LED cannot be switched off, alas)
5. Copy Files -> planned
6. Better Mkv compatibility ->planned
7. Go to precise time ->under review
8. Subtitles features (colors, bold, italics etc) ->planned
9. Blue ray subs -> status unknown
10. Fix Greek Subs bug -> DONE!
So if we exclude the "cannot be done/under review/unknown/done" things the Greek Subs request was the 5th more popular request planned and it was an easy one to fix , so they fixed it first!
Another interesting statistic is that 3 out of 10 , from the top 10 features are subtitle related , so the subtitle functionality is more important than the native english speakers may think!