Mvix Ultio "It Plays All" HD media streamer debuts in the U.S. July 6 for $179 - Page 42 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1231 of 1256 Old 03-21-2011, 11:17 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
With the Ultio, does anyone know whether it's possible to toggle between video angles in files that have more than one video angle embedded in it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1232 of 1256 Old 04-14-2011, 04:02 AM

New firmware update for Ultio the Mvix download page :

http://www.mvixusa.com/download/firmware/MvixUltio/

The direct link is :
http://www.mvixusa.com/download/firm...ware_V3.16.BAD
Although it is unusual to have BAD at the end of enlace. What does this mean ?
post #1233 of 1256 Old 04-19-2011, 10:24 PM

Well, if they have renamed the zip extension for .BAD I figure it's not a good sign... Nevertheless, I'm stupid and will disregard my own advice and install it and tell you guy what happen.

Edit: Ok installation complete and got stuck on the next Loading... screen, I would advise against trying this update as it was renamed BAD for a reason:0 A quick emergency firmware update did the trick to unbrick the unit.
post #1234 of 1256 Old 04-20-2011, 05:22 PM

Thank You SkinnyV, you are brave.
post #1235 of 1256 Old 04-23-2011, 09:55 AM

brm66 was that link for the latest Ultio, or Ultio Pro firmware? They seem to have replaced it with a firmware that doesn't have the word "BAD" in the link, but I'm not sure for which model this firmware is for.
post #1236 of 1256 Old 04-25-2011, 10:30 AM

http://www.mvixusa.com/download/firmware/MvixUltio/

In this page you can see the word bad at the end of the link of discharge of the firm 3.16
post #1237 of 1256 Old 04-25-2011, 11:19 AM

Now I see it, brm66, thanks!
post #1238 of 1256 Old 04-25-2011, 11:21 AM

Can someone tell us of their experiences streaming high bitrate files through a wireless-N network. Can you also tell us what wireless router you used, as well as the wireless adapter on your Ultio? Thanks!
post #1239 of 1256 Old 10-07-2011, 03:31 PM

Can someone tell us what the final firmware version of the Ultio Pro was, as well as the regular Ultio? Thank you!
post #1240 of 1256 Old 10-07-2011, 06:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocopugg View Post

Can someone tell us what the final firmware version of the Ultio Pro was, as well as the regular Ultio? Thank you!

It seems like this thread is deserted too. I tried getting into the MvixCommunity Forum the other day to see what was going on and it's gone. I thought I would see if there was anything new and pull it out of the closet that's it's been sitting in for the past 1 1/2 years.

I wonder if Mvix is even in business anymore. No one seems to carry the product.
post #1241 of 1256 Old 10-07-2011, 06:56 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnerbum View Post

It seems like this thread is deserted too. I tried getting into the MvixCommunity Forum the other day to see what was going on and it's gone. I thought I would see if there was anything new and pull it out of the closet that's it's been sitting in for the past 1 1/2 years.

I wonder if Mvix is even in business anymore. No one seems to carry the product.

They are still in business... but they are focused on HTPC now... here is their website... may be you can contact them?

http://www.mvixusa.com/

Cheers!

Cameron
post #1242 of 1256 Old 10-07-2011, 07:09 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
The Ultio 800 was my first media player I bought. I thought it was the best thing since sliced bread!
post #1243 of 1256 Old 10-08-2011, 04:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opentoe View Post

The Ultio 800 was my first media player I bought. I thought it was the best thing since sliced bread!

My first one was the 760 and I felt the same, it was great, then I got the 780 and then the 800. I still use the 760/780s once in a while. The thing I like about those is they have the sleep function so I can turn them on when I go to bed and they will shut off. The fan in the 800 is so loud and I like using it with an internal drive so I can't disable it. Plus, after a power interruption it comes back to the on state instead of off.

It's too bad Mvix dropped the ball on their media players. They started out good. They never even updated the FW on the 760/80 to work with the 1.5tb drives.

One thing on the 760/80, I wish I could remove the TV function from the FW. I sometimes accidently press it on the menu and then have to wait to get out of it.

I mainly use my PCH C-200 and A-200 now. They play everything i throw at them, even full BR with the menus. Just NO sleep timer!!!
post #1244 of 1256 Old 10-08-2011, 05:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:

That was my 2nd after an ATV. Always liked it and still use it. The fan was very loud so I cut a hole in the back for an esata connection. Worked great that way. I don't use it as much as the C200 anymore, but in reality it would have served me just as well. After the 800 I went on a crazy media player buying spree looking for the ultimate player which we all know doesn't exist. Quite disappointing really. Very little progress and my current thinking is that the era of media players is coming to an end. Smart TV's, game consoles, Apple stuff, stricter digital copying laws will mean the end of the general mkv player in western countries. Not much point spending a fortune on top media players i suspect. HTPC's make more sense, especially with the decreasing size of components.

Philip
post #1245 of 1256 Old 10-09-2011, 05:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmcd View Post

Not much point spending a fortune on top media players i suspect. HTPC's make more sense, especially with the decreasing size of components.

Philip

I started out by building a HTPC, I could have bought 4 C-200s for what it cost me. I find that the PCH does a much better job, for a lot less money and energy usage. For now anyway. But as you mentioned, things change.

I did the same as you, I was buying media players looking for the best. So far, from what I have the PCH is the best. But I haven't tried Dune or Mede8er which looks very interesting to me. The new MED500X2 looks Very interesting. But when is enough. I just love buying and playing with electronics and gadgets.
post #1246 of 1256 Old 10-10-2011, 01:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I started out by building a HTPC, I could have bought 4 C-200s for what it cost me. I find that the PCH does a much better job, for a lot less money and energy usage. For now anyway. But as you mentioned, things change.

I did the same as you, I was buying media players looking for the best. So far, from what I have the PCH is the best. But I haven't tried Dune or Mede8er which looks very interesting to me. The new MED500X2 looks Very interesting. But when is enough. I just love buying and playing with electronics and gadgets.

My PCH-C200 has served me really well. I like it a lot. I put in th internal pcie wifi and it works great ( it's also wired). I like the look, the way it suspends and powers down and the silence. I can't imagine a player with a fan anymore. That being said, my Mac Mini is pretty darned close to it as a media player ( and does double duty as a main computer system).

I bout an iON based Shuttle for use as an XBMC box. Silent, cheap ( less than a C200) and it's very neat. An HTPC can be had for a price no more than twice the C200 ( that would be a Mini) and also for less ( the Shuttle type players - the passively cooled ones). If you are heavily into Blu-ray then things are more complicated and the price starts increasing.

In any case I seem to more or less be doing what you are ( I did build an HTPC but I couldn't get it silent enough to use it).

Lots of fun playing around with all these gadgets. I guess I am just a bit leery of the really higher end players now for reasons I mentioned.

In the PC world the ability to control the computer with a remote has given me the most hassles ( even though my MCE remote system works, it is very limited compared to the Mini with remote buddy).

Complicated stuff with only so many hdmi ports and few neat new players unfortunately. Maybe this new WDTV Live player will turn out to be interesting.

philip
post #1247 of 1256 Old 10-10-2011, 04:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmcd View Post

That being said, my Mac Mini is pretty darned close to it as a media player ( and does double duty as a main computer system).

philip

I bought a Mac Mini last Christmas when it finally came out with a HDMI port, played with it for a week or two and then it got shelved. I got involved in other projects. But I pulled it out last week and started playing with it. I just may try setting it up as a media player. I know I was really impressed with Plex when I looked at it a year ago. Is that what you use on it?
post #1248 of 1256 Old 10-10-2011, 12:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Hi Philip

I don't know if you saw the preview of the PCH A-300. I just found it today.

Gee, something more we can add to our collection......

http://www.networkedmediatank.com/sh....php?tid=55384
post #1249 of 1256 Old 10-10-2011, 01:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I bought a Mac Mini last Christmas when it finally came out with a HDMI port, played with it for a week or two and then it got shelved. I got involved in other projects. But I pulled it out last week and started playing with it. I just may try setting it up as a media player. I know I was really impressed with Plex when I looked at it a year ago. Is that what you use on it?

Yes, I mainly use Plex on it though I also have XBMC. If you don't have Remote Buddy get it immediately. I waited for a year thinking it was a gimmick, but it allows you complete control of a Mini from a remote. It's very inexpensive and works perfectly.

Philip
post #1250 of 1256 Old 10-10-2011, 01:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Hi Philip

I don't know if you saw the preview of the PCH A-300. I just found it today.

Gee, something more we can add to our collection......

http://www.networkedmediatank.com/sh....php?tid=55384

Yes, it seems to be halfway between a PopBox and an A210. I don't know if you can put it into standby from the remote. Might be a reasonable replacement to the C200 for me. My current pet project is an LG Smart TV with Plex built in. I have been hoping that it might be the magic bullet that does it all.

Philip
post #1251 of 1256 Old 10-10-2011, 08:44 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I think Dune and Popcorn are at the top of the list. I have the A210 and the Dune Prime 3, and both players have been great. I think the Popcorn outperforms the Dune just slightly but that is about it. The Popcorn can play that very high bitrate bird scene just fine and my Dune can't.
post #1252 of 1256 Old 10-10-2011, 11:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I think Dune and Popcorn are at the top of the list. I have the A210 and the Dune Prime 3, and both players have been great. I think the Popcorn outperforms the Dune just slightly but that is about it. The Popcorn can play that very high bitrate bird scene just fine and my Dune can't.

That bird scene is really neat. My C200 plays it really nicely. The problem I had with the Dune line when I was looking is the model I was considering had a fan. That's what is great with the A210, C200 and now the A300. I can't stand these tiny fans. The other issue with the Dunes happened to be pricing up here compared to other brands. The only model carried at the local dealer seems to be the Dune Max.

philip
post #1253 of 1256 Old 10-11-2011, 06:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Well, after reading the thread on the new A-300, I have almost crossed it off my list. There doesn't seem to be much, if any benefit over the A-200. Even the so called Gigabit connection isn't true Gigabit AGAIN. So I think I'll just stick with my C&A-200 since they do exactly what I need and do it well. It's just a pain transferring files to the C-200. I usually just pop the drive out and connect to my pc. I was hoping for a little more on the new units. The new UI is nice but maybe that will be ported over to the existing units. If not, thats ok too. It's the movies I watch not the UI.
post #1254 of 1256 Old 12-22-2011, 10:49 AM

I need help! I can't get my Ultio Pro to see my Network's password anymore. I have tried just about everything...I can see other networks within my group, but not my main network...it keeps asking for my login and password, and I give it, but it rejects the password. Does anyone know what I can do to either to bypass a password altogether or how to fix this problem? It's beyond frustrating. I'm using Windows 7. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
post #1255 of 1256 Old 12-29-2011, 07:55 PM

Has everyone with the latest Ultio Pro firmware also lost the ability to stream Youtube videos on their player? I haven't been able to watch any youtube videos on my Ultio through my network for a couple of months now. I am wondering if the problem is only on my player, or has Youtube made a change, and if so, is there a new Ultio Pro firmware available to fix it. Anyone?
post #1256 of 1256 Old 01-20-2012, 02:06 AM

Does anyone know anything about the Mvix Andros Android 2.3 Media Player?

Like; who is the OEM and do any other vendors sell the same hardware?

Mvixusa has these listed on "that auction site" - but little mention on their website.
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page