Simple and cheaper 1080p media player - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 08-23-2009, 11:08 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi AVers,

I'm looking for a media player that can play digital movies on my TV in the bedroom. I don't want nothing really fancy like XBox, PS3, or Netgear's media player, but something that plays enough different video formats in HD.

I have done a little bit of research, and I found Zinwell ZP 500 HD media player listed on ebay. It seems to play quite a bit of different formats with reasonable price tag.

Has anyone used it before? Any feedback on this player? Does anyone have other recommendatoin?

Thx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 08-23-2009, 11:30 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by asscube View Post

Hi AVers,

I'm looking for a media player that can play digital movies on my TV in the bedroom. I don't want nothing really fancy like XBox, PS3, or Netgear's media player, but something that plays enough different video formats in HD.

I have done a little bit of research, and I found Zinwell ZP 500 HD media player listed on ebay. It seems to play quite a bit of different formats with reasonable price tag.

Has anyone used it before? Any feedback on this player? Does anyone have other recommendatoin?

Thx

Well... if you dont use subtitles and all your movies dont have DTS sound and are light 1080p files (5 reframes max!), I recomend the WD TV.

If you use subs and DTS and have more demanding 1080p files, you can try Egreat M34a, Xtreamer or AC Ryan PLAYHD!

post #3 of 4 Old 08-23-2009, 10:27 PM

you might want to check out on this (zinwell zp500) on ebay:
cgi[dot]ebay[dot]com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230368979234

change [dot] to .

My friends in asia all have good things to say about this product. i think it's reasonably priced, supports lotsa formats and streams media files smoothly. i can't wait to get my hands on one of these.

happy huntings~

didibagle
post #4 of 4 Old 08-26-2009, 09:41 PM

i found something similar to the zinwell zp-500...

www[dot]hardwaresphere.com/2009/07/21/olevia-hd-media-player-decodes-and-playbacks-full-hd-video/#comment-4676

change [dot] to .

the blog says it's selling at $177....mmm...looks to be a little more expensive than the zinwell ($159).
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page