brite-View CinemaTube - Page 10 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #271 of 2730 Old 09-23-2009, 05:07 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
@hydralistor - yes it should support RMVB. Does it not recognize the file format or file name? What language is the file name in? If you continue to encounter the same issue, please let me know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 2730 Old 09-23-2009, 05:11 PM

@blueribb: we understand your concern as we're sort of a new kid on the block. As we have previously stated, even though this is not stated in the warranty policy, we usually do free exchange and refund if your unit turns out to be a defect. We just hope to see the returned unit in a reasonable condition/packaging. We hope you'll be happy with the CinemaTube.
post #273 of 2730 Old 09-23-2009, 05:11 PM

well, I had my doubts but after testing my cinematube, I was pleasantly surprised to find that it plays 1080p mkv's without any problems. Fast forwarding, pausing, rewinding and resuming all worked great! I haven't tried anything besides 720 and 1080p video, but that's really all I bought the unit for.

Hardware used:
HDD: 1 TB western digital external NTFS formatted
TV: 1080p DLP connected via HDMI

nice job briteview! I'm going to recommend this to everyone
post #274 of 2730 Old 09-23-2009, 05:15 PM

brite-view.
I use the rmvb file from this post.
//www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1181902
file name is "SD-25fps-RV40.rmvb".
cinemaTube doesn't display the file in the directory at all.
post #275 of 2730 Old 09-23-2009, 05:20 PM

also when it playback this file "4377kbps-1080p-24fps-L5.0-9ref-AAC.mp4" from the following link h**p://drop.io/ymi31yu, it shows quite some artifacts
post #276 of 2730 Old 09-23-2009, 05:21 PM

oh. I use a fat32 flash drive.
Will the performance be better if the drive is in NTFS format?
post #277 of 2730 Old 09-23-2009, 05:27 PM

@brite-view

I did fix the audio issue with the volume button. The subtitles are not embedded in the video, I can disable them by turning off the subtitles.
post #278 of 2730 Old 09-23-2009, 05:39 PM

@sweetbaboo: that is really great to hear! Thank you so much.
@hydralistor: I'll have our team to download and test the same file, too. Thanks. I don't think FAT32 drive is the issue, although I can double check.
@jmorehouse: I'll ask to see if this can be changed in the setting.
post #279 of 2730 Old 09-23-2009, 06:18 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by sushix View Post

What is the difference between CinemaTube and Acryan Playon!HD?

$69 more price, no restocking fee, and installation of hard drive into the unit possib;le. Any one?

Btw will apple Network wireless n adapters will work with this unit? acryan claim, it will work though.
post #280 of 2730 Old 09-23-2009, 06:47 PM

Brite View, I've made the payment only on 18th, will my cinetube be on the sep 21 batch?
post #281 of 2730 Old 09-23-2009, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romsfou View Post

Ok I found a solution for the buffering problem on playeon. You just have to unselect "Always process entire video" in the General settings sheet.
Netflix, Hulu, Youtube, CBS, CNN and many more work great. This is really awesome.

That didn't seem to fix it for me

Still get buffering....then a blue "stop square" then the "play triangle" then buffering....

post #282 of 2730 Old 09-23-2009, 07:07 PM

will u release this player here in Middle East ? when will this product be available at retail stores like Carrefour ?
post #283 of 2730 Old 09-23-2009, 08:32 PM

More updates...

Playing high motion 1080p or 720 has frame loss and losing audio sync. Both play fine on my Mac in VLC via 802.11g. CinemaTube is hardwired on a Cisco Catalyst 2924. These are mkv files.

I am also having mkv files randomly stop, skip to the next mkv in the directory, and repeat randomly.

I am becoming frustrated with the device...hope these issues can be fixed relatively quickly as this is the primary reason I purchased this device.

Also, GoTo doesn't work in mkv either, nor does Resume...frustration mounting...
post #284 of 2730 Old 09-23-2009, 08:34 PM

Although I was unable to use the RCU data from Brit-View I manually programed all the buttons into my Harmony Remote software. Wonder if there is a way to get this data to others so they don;t have to do all this work, took me almost 2 hours including setting up a new device/activity. Going down now to try it out.

Going to create a DMG file as well to test that as well.

+Peace be with you+
post #285 of 2730 Old 09-23-2009, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akakillroy View Post

Although I was unable to use the RCU data from Brit-View I manually programed all the buttons into my Harmony Remote software. Wonder if there is a way to get this data to others so they don;t have to do all this work, took me almost 2 hours including setting up a new device/activity. Going down now to try it out.

Going to create a DMG file as well to test that as well.

That would be greatly appreciated! I need my harmony!
post #286 of 2730 Old 09-23-2009, 09:28 PM

Well the harmony remote works but like another poster stated i get double actions, down goes down twice. I am not sure but I think they may be a setting for this in the Harmony Software but I will have to research and get back to you all.

DMG files are not recognized while connecting through SMB to my mac, I am going to try one connected directly to an attached drive and see what that does.

+Peace be with you+
post #287 of 2730 Old 09-23-2009, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorehouse View Post

That would be greatly appreciated! I need my harmony!

Anyone know how to share the programs you create through the Harmony Software/Site?

+Peace be with you+
post #288 of 2730 Old 09-23-2009, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorehouse View Post

More updates...

Playing high motion 1080p or 720 has frame loss and losing audio sync. Both play fine on my Mac in VLC via 802.11g. CinemaTube is hardwired on a Cisco Catalyst 2924. These are mkv files.

I am also having mkv files randomly stop, skip to the next mkv in the directory, and repeat randomly.

I am becoming frustrated with the device...hope these issues can be fixed relatively quickly as this is the primary reason I purchased this device.

Also, GoTo doesn't work in mkv either, nor does Resume...frustration mounting...

guess streaming doesn't work as well as plugging in an external drive

one small problem i have noticed is that if i'm watching cable with my cinematube off, the "All-On/All-Off" button turns on the cinematube when i shut down my tv and cablebox
post #289 of 2730 Old 09-23-2009, 09:40 PM

Quote:

Well the harmony remote works but like another poster stated i get double actions, down goes down twice. I am not sure but I think they may be a setting for this in the Harmony Software but I will have to research and get back to you all.

DMG files are not recognized while connecting through SMB to my mac, I am going to try one connected directly to an attached drive and see what that does.

It will not recognize dmg files, sorry.

+Peace be with you+
post #290 of 2730 Old 09-23-2009, 10:16 PM

Hey Brite-View, we can't access U.S media sites like HULU, NBC due to geographic location, i guess we are going to face same issue with this box right? The base of decline will be ip address.

Cheers
post #291 of 2730 Old 09-23-2009, 10:16 PM

Got the Harmony 890 remote working ,had to use the troubleshooting settings for the device I configured for the CinemaTube, and decreased the number to 1 (Default is 5) and the double selection on the remote has gone, and the remote works as it should.

DMG file do not work as reported earlier. And Although VOB files and m2ts file do generally work, 1080p and 720p over the network (Shared folders) shutter badly if you do any sort of FF/RW action. From a directly connected storage device they work fine. I Suspect there is a buffering issue that needs to be dealt with.

Also VOB or M2TS lossless audio files do not play, it gives me a unsupported audio format.

+Peace be with you+
post #292 of 2730 Old 09-23-2009, 10:21 PM

Brite-view: We need NAS support for this device. Then we can leave a drive connected to it, and send files to the attached storage from a remote source/workstation.

Also we need the night mode to not display the stop/play/network speed indicators, they are annoying and distract from the "experience"

OH almost forgot one thing I noticed, when playing multiple files from different audio sources, the unit is very slow on the uptake and switching to the correct output format, could be my receiver's fault though. But there should be some delay between the time the output is synced to and the media starts playing. I am using a Yamaha RX-V663 Receiver.

+Peace be with you+
post #293 of 2730 Old 09-23-2009, 11:07 PM

Quote:

Brite-view: We need NAS support for this device. Then we can leave a drive connected to it, and send files to the attached storage from a remote source/workstation.

Also we need the night mode to not display the stop/play/network speed indicators, they are annoying and distract from the "experience"

OH almost forgot one thing I noticed, when playing multiple files from different audio sources, the unit is very slow on the uptake and switching to the correct output format, could be my receiver's fault though. But there should be some delay between the time the output is synced to and the media starts playing. I am using a Yamaha RX-V663 Receiver.

is this not advrtised with NAS capability??

there are seems a lot of bugs on playback..I have placed my order and by reading here makes me want to cancel it..

anyway my wait is long and I hope by the time I received it the outstanding issues are resolved
post #294 of 2730 Old 09-24-2009, 01:21 AM

Hi briteView,

Looks like a great product so far. Very interested in purchasing a couple of units for corporate/entertainment use.

We are a multimedia agency and most of our work are protected on encrypted hard drives.

Will the CinemaTube be able to read an encrypted drive?

If not, do you have any suggestions how we can view confidential media files on the CinemaTube? We want to see if there is any other solution, rather than having to copy the files from the encrypted drive over to a non-encrypted drive each time we want to view it. Some of our files are 1 or 2 GB in size. So having to copy them over each time is rather inconvenient.

Moreover we have folders filled with 20 or so files which are 1 GB in size and would like to quickly browse through over the CinemaTube player before deciding on 1 specific file to play. It would be a waste of time to have to copy so many files to a non-encrypted drive just to select one in the end. Any suggestions?
post #295 of 2730 Old 09-24-2009, 06:37 AM

I met a strange problem.
When I hook up the cinemaTube to my LG 42 lcd I bought this year via HDMI, Both image and sound are good.
But when I hook it up to my sharp 46 lcd LC-46D64U I bought 2 years ago via HDMI, there is no sound at all no matter what format of media.
I often connect my sharp 46lcd to my computer with HDMI, I also use xbox360 to it with HDMI , no this kind of sound problem at all.

Anyone has any idea what is the problem?
post #296 of 2730 Old 09-24-2009, 07:13 AM

Has anyone used powerline network adapters (such as -> Link ) to stream media ? if so how was the quality?
post #297 of 2730 Old 09-24-2009, 08:31 AM

Hi again,
So my problem regarding wireless network for CInematube and avoid ugly RJ-45 in my room might have a solution. I just found this Airlink 101 for $28.99 that is DD-WRT compatible and therefore as soon as I'll have it I will transform it as a bridge to deplay the Wifi-N coming from my main router (Belkin N1 vision).
Other bargain ? PLAYON has a $10 coupon available till 09/30/2009. Just use Coupon Code FALL10OF.
Enjoy.
post #298 of 2730 Old 09-24-2009, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romsfou View Post

Hi again,
So my problem regarding wireless network for CInematube and avoid ugly RJ-45 in my room might have a solution. I just found this Airlink 101 for $28.99 that is DD-WRT compatible and therefore as soon as I'll have it I will transform it as a bridge to deplay the Wifi-N coming from my main router (Belkin N1 vision).
Other bargain ? PLAYON has a $10 coupon available till 09/30/2009. Just use Coupon Code FALL10OF.
Enjoy.

There are some reports about bridge mode not working on the AR670W in this thread.
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtop...3728c2df2f818c
post #299 of 2730 Old 09-24-2009, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydralistor View Post

I met a strange problem.
When I hook up the cinemaTube to my LG 42 lcd I bought this year via HDMI, Both image and sound are good.
But when I hook it up to my sharp 46 lcd LC-46D64U I bought 2 years ago via HDMI, there is no sound at all no matter what format of media.
I often connect my sharp 46lcd to my computer with HDMI, I also use xbox360 to it with HDMI , no this kind of sound problem at all.

Anyone has any idea what is the problem?

NO... really i just place an order for this unit yesterday and I have the same Sharp 46 LCD at home. Did you manage to found a solution for this issue? If not I better cancel my order because it will just be a paper weight for me too.
post #300 of 2730 Old 09-24-2009, 10:11 AM

@hydralistor: we download these two files: *SD-25fps-RV40.rmvb *4377kbps-1080p-24fps-L5.0-9ref-AAC.mp4 and they did play with CinemaTube. Did you play these files via USB or network-NAS? We tested them with FAT16 and NTFS USB HDD.

@tupac74: yes. But the UPnP with CinemaTube can still be used to stream your Widows Media library, if not Hulu and Netflix.

@akakillroy: noted. We have reported your request regarding NAS, and will report the audio issues too.

@CES229: CinemaTube can access network computer with password protection. But I can double check for you.
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page