Forum Jump: 

post #361 of 2730 Old 09-26-2009, 07:35 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by aalbinger View Post

I used the solution they proposed and am now exactly in same position. Many things work waiting for the preview to start before selecting the vid. Yay!

Still get "format not supported" from NetFLIX.

In my case it's not just Netflix but there seems to be no pattern...I can be in a folder under Hulu for example and 1 show in a series will play and the next will say "Format not supported" It's starting to get really annoying!.

Correction...I may have found a solution to the format not supported problem - at least on Hulu and Netflix. It appears to be a timeout problem - If you get the "format not supported" error on a certain file try moving to the next file up or down and then immediately back to the one that gave you the error. It should play correctly this time (At least it works for me)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #362 of 2730 Old 09-26-2009, 08:00 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
I have a few movies that play with no sound and produce this on-screen error:

"Audio Data Receive Error (too slow)"

These are .WMV (WMV-HD.BD9) 7gb movies streaming from my PC on a wired network or from an external USB drive. The video is perfect, just no audio and the above error message in green displayed at the top of the screen for a couple seconds.

File Info from MediaInfo:

1 Video Stream: VC-1 (Microsoft)
2 Audio Streams: WMA3/WMA2

First Audio Stream:
740kbps, 48.0KHz, 6 channels, WMA3 (M3)

Second Audio Stream:
296kbps, 48.0KHz, 2 channels, WMA2 (L3)

Note: These movies play perfectly with my WD Media Player.
post #363 of 2730 Old 09-27-2009, 05:41 AM

I begin to have the same question even though I have yet received mine. This early-production model seems to have too many problems on the network(ing) side and that is exactly how I would set up mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoro View Post

What is the solution on all these funky behavinf machines around here? Are we getting full return refunds or replacements?

post #364 of 2730 Old 09-27-2009, 09:02 AM

Streaming live Sopcast(P2P) to CinemaTube.
Finally, I am able to stream Sopcast to CinemaTube, using VLC and Tversity. Sopcast is in low resolution so do not expect too much on big screen TV. It has some bugs, I am still trying different setup on Tversity. There are a lot of information posted on web for streaming Sopcast to TV thru XBOX or PS3 using TVersity. I do not have either XBOX or PS3, so I am using CinemaTube. Streaming Sopcast is not really my final goal, I want to stream some higher resolution live video to CinemaTube.
post #365 of 2730 Old 09-27-2009, 06:34 PM

Hi all,

For PlayOn or Tversity streaming issues, please contact PlayOn and Tversity. These 3rd-party software are great, but they are also constantly being worked on and improved, too. I personally had to trouble shoot with them many times to work things out, too. And also, my personal experience is that sometimes one file format "not supported" will become supported if you give it another try. PlayOn would suggest that you check your network setup, speed, etc. Word on the street is, these software are great... when they work.

Now to format support issues and streaming (not through 3-rd party software): this part is the part we'll take full responsibility. If one file is supposed to play but then is not being displayed properly, we'd really appreciate the information on the video (file name, format, file size, network speed, etc) so we can improve that with firmware update later.

We do full refund and free exchange on defects. The full details can be found on our store page (http://www.brite-view.com/store.php) Please scroll down to see "promotional details". We understand the importance of taking care of our customers, so if there is any reason this product does not perform as promised, feel free to contact us at service5@zinnetusa.com. We appreciate any feedback so we can improve.

@dbrons: thank you! Please give us any feedback you have.
@CmdrTekno: sorry we won't be able to answer questions regarding PlayOn and Tversity. But thank you very much for your suggestion regarding randomizing pictures in a slideshow.
@blueribb: sorry for your problem with the wmv files. Could you see if it's wmv9? wmv7 and 8 won't work with CinemaTube.
post #366 of 2730 Old 09-27-2009, 06:49 PM

seriously, is anyone having problems with the unit turning on from other remotes?
post #367 of 2730 Old 09-27-2009, 06:56 PM

Brite-View:

How do I tell if it's WMV9 ?

I used MediaInfo to identify the audio tracks but there was no mention of WMV9 anywhere. I updated my original post above with more info.
post #368 of 2730 Old 09-27-2009, 08:00 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:

Well I'm enjoying the heck out of the CinemaTube, along with the new Denon receiver and Sharp LED TV

The CinemaTube is doing exacly what I had hoped - plaing dvd isos and mkv. I have access to the menus, and FF and rewind and skip all work correctly. I get the DTS or DD track as expected too. These are all things that didn't work for me with the PS3 and PS3 Mediaserver so I'm pleased.

I've had a few files where the audio would break up. I'm not sure but probably a network thing. I'm going to put the files on a hard drive and see how they work. The couple I had issues with were mkv, though I've watched some mkv files that worked fine streamed.

I did notice a file stuttered when I was repairing an archive on my computer, so I guess having enough cpu and memory is an issue. I've had my computer running a few days I'm going to restart and try the mkv again.

Overall, I really like the CinemaTube. I have a 1.5 TB external drive I haven't used yet and I'll probably move a whole bunch of stuff over to it.

Dave
post #369 of 2730 Old 09-28-2009, 06:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueribb View Post

How do I tell if it's WMV9 ?

The "VC-1" is the giveaway. VC-1 is MS's version of h.264, which is what WMV9 uses.
post #370 of 2730 Old 09-28-2009, 08:13 AM

New CinemaTube firmware:

# Version: 500510099161
# Release Date: Sept. 23, 2009

Enjoy !
post #371 of 2730 Old 09-28-2009, 09:30 AM

@blueribb: we checked with Realtek on the chips specs and the WMA limition: 320kbps. Your original file "740kbps, 48.0KHz, 6 channels, WMA3 (M3)" may be over the limition.

@sweetbaboo: some remote controls might share the same RCU codes for some of the function keys, so it sometimes interferes other AV units.
post #372 of 2730 Old 09-28-2009, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brite-View View Post

@sweetbaboo: some remote controls might share the same RCU codes for some of the function keys, so it sometimes interferes other AV units.

Thanks for the response. Is there anything we can do about it? I'm concerned about the cinematube turning on without me noticing and causing my hard drive to run non-stop.
post #373 of 2730 Old 09-28-2009, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellAn View Post

New CinemaTube firmware:

# Version: 500510099161
# Release Date: Sept. 23, 2009

Enjoy !

Wasn't this released on September 16th ? (much earlier in the thread)
post #374 of 2730 Old 09-28-2009, 10:06 AM

It was always a drawback for me the recorded video on my HAVA Titanium can only be watched on my PC using their HAVA Player. I discovered that using CinemaTube, I can now watch my recorded video on my TV since the HAVA Tatanium is also an uPnP device. This is really a plus for me which I did not expect.
post #375 of 2730 Old 09-28-2009, 10:20 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:

@blueribb: we checked with Realtek on the chips specs and the WMA limition: 320kbps. Your original file "740kbps, 48.0KHz, 6 channels, WMA3 (M3)" may be over the limition.

I have ordered one, any idea, when will be available?
post #376 of 2730 Old 09-28-2009, 12:49 PM

@sweetbaboo: I doubt the code can be changed, but I can double check for you.
@blueribb: I posted the latest firmware update information here, on Twitter and Facebook before it was officially available online on our server for automatic update. A little "insider tip".
@wushu2266: thanks for the info! Would it be possible to include this information in our future marketing message?
@zoro: expected shipping date is October 5th, but as soon as we have products available in the warehouse, we'll ship. As soon as we start preparing to ship yours, you should receive information and update by email. You can always check your shipping status with service5@zinnetusa.com, too.
post #377 of 2730 Old 09-28-2009, 02:01 PM

brite-view: while I understand that this is 3rd party software you highlight it quite a bit as a selling point. I was asking if brite-view would at least check to see if something "broke" after the last firmware with Playon support. I would hope your company would do this so that you can honestly keep selling the device as a device that works with Playon. I know this is a new device and as new releases to a broader audience we will find bugs or have issues, but brite-view will survive or fail based on Amazon and other reviews. Enough people stating that a function that you advertise does not work will equal an early demise, and I would hate to see that as I am interested in the device and the functions it brings.

I see you are doing a good job on keeping up with the questions and that is great but do not limit those to internal streaming while still selling the device as a internet streamer.

Others on the forum: If Playon is working with your CinemaTube (or was working then stopped as it did with mine, (my unit now gets stuck in a buffer/probe loop) please comment/confirm.

Thanks,

PS: How do we use the short cuts? i have only found how to set them on network shares when you have to authenticate. It would great to have one of the other colored buttons save the current item to a favorite or Shortcut.

Quote:

Hi all,

For PlayOn or Tversity streaming issues, please contact PlayOn and Tversity. These 3rd-party software are great, but they are also constantly being worked on and improved, too. I personally had to trouble shoot with them many times to work things out, too. And also, my personal experience is that sometimes one file format "not supported" will become supported if you give it another try. PlayOn would suggest that you check your network setup, speed, etc. Word on the street is, these software are great... when they work.

Now to format support issues and streaming (not through 3-rd party software): this part is the part we'll take full responsibility. If one file is supposed to play but then is not being displayed properly, we'd really appreciate the information on the video (file name, format, file size, network speed, etc) so we can improve that with firmware update later.

We do full refund and free exchange on defects. The full details can be found on our store page (http://www.brite-view.com/store.php) Please scroll down to see "promotional details". We understand the importance of taking care of our customers, so if there is any reason this product does not perform as promised, feel free to contact us at service5@zinnetusa.com. We appreciate any feedback so we can improve.

@CmdrTekno: sorry we won't be able to answer questions regarding PlayOn and Tversity. But thank you very much for your suggestion regarding randomizing pictures in a slideshow.
@blueribb: sorry for your problem with the wmv files. Could you see if it's wmv9? wmv7 and 8 won't work with CinemaTube.

post #378 of 2730 Old 09-28-2009, 02:41 PM

@CmdrTekno: we apologize for not solving your issue with PlayOn and may have not worded our response correctly. We've just updated the CinemaTube FAQ with the following information added:

* When steaming videos via UPnP from PlayOn, sometimes I will see "Format is not supported" message, what does it mean?

A: When CinemaTube streams videos from UPnP devices such as a computer having 3rd parties applications like PlayOn installed, it would buffer data before streaming. Sometimes it takes a longer time to buffer enough data and it expires the preview time-window (timeout), in this case the "Format is not supported" message will be shown. You can just scroll up (or down) and choose the same video again, and wait a bit, then you should be able to play the video.

I've personally just tested the CinemaTube with PlayOn - yes it works, but it really depends on the network speed. Right now in the office our network speed is not optimal, so I did have to scroll up and down a few times to get the video to play. I was at a friend's apartment yesterday and PlayOn + CinemaTube worked fine, even though his laptop was connected to the network wirelessly (wirelss G only).

We'll start having official contact with PlayOn, and hopefully things will only keep improving from now on. Thank you very much for sharing your thoughts with us.
post #379 of 2730 Old 09-28-2009, 02:48 PM

I received my cinematube this weekend and was able to get it up and running. DVD ISO files run perfectly from an external HDD. Played with the slideshow option for a few minutes and that ran great too. However, I am unable to play any of my MP3 files. It shows that the MP3 files are playing but I do not get any sound at all. I currently have the audio for the cinematube connect to my receiver via optical cable. Any ideas what is happening?
post #380 of 2730 Old 09-28-2009, 02:59 PM

@mikegung24: if the media file is not too large and if this is not too much trouble, would you mind providing the media file so we can test it out here?

Thank you.
post #381 of 2730 Old 09-28-2009, 04:08 PM

Quote:

@sweetbaboo: I doubt the code can be changed, but I can double check for you.
@blueribb: I posted the latest firmware update information here, on Twitter and Facebook before it was officially available online on our server for automatic update. A little "insider tip".
@wushu2266: thanks for the info! Would it be possible to include this information in our future marketing message?
@zoro: expected shipping date is October 5th, but as soon as we have products available in the warehouse, we'll ship. As soon as we start preparing to ship yours, you should receive information and update by email. You can always check your shipping status with service5@zinnetusa.com, too.

YES. My original intend was to remove my hard drive from HAVA Titanium whenever I want to play the recorded video to my TV using CinemaTube thru USB. HAVA Tutanium cannot play the recorded video back to TV, must use their player to play it on PC(I did not know this before purchasing the HAVA). Now, with both CinemaTube and HAVA Titanium connected to the network, I can play recorded video to my TV without changing any connection on my HAVA.
post #382 of 2730 Old 09-28-2009, 04:49 PM

[quote=CmdrTekno;17261876]brite-view: while I understand that this is 3rd party software you highlight it quite a bit as a selling point. I was asking if brite-view would at least check to see if something "broke" after the last firmware with Playon support. I would hope your company would do this so that you can honestly keep selling the device as a device that works with Playon. I know this is a new device and as new releases to a broader audience we will find bugs or have issues, but brite-view will survive or fail based on Amazon and other reviews. Enough people stating that a function that you advertise does not work will equal an early demise, and I would hate to see that as I am interested in the device and the functions it brings.

I see you are doing a good job on keeping up with the questions and that is great but do not limit those to internal streaming while still selling the device as a internet streamer.

Others on the forum: If Playon is working with your CinemaTube (or was working then stopped as it did with mine, (my unit now gets stuck in a buffer/probe loop) please comment/confirm.

Thanks,

I have not had any problems with Playon on my Cinematube since I turned on the preview function on the Cinematube. I just wait for the preview to load and then select the video and it plays. I do occasionally get the "format not supported" error but as the brite-view rep pointed out if I go to the next or previous file and then back to the one I want it plays every time. I have a 6 meg cable connection which seems plenty fast enough for everything I've tried so far...
post #383 of 2730 Old 09-28-2009, 05:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I am having a problem that no one else seems to be having. I have a large collection of mpeg-2 files both SD and HD that were recorded from a directivo. They were extracted and processed with Video Redo. They have always played fine on my old Roku HD1000 and I have been able to create DVDs without any additional processing. The weird problem is that while they mostly play fine from shares on my WinXP machines they will not play on shares from my Buffalo Linkstation Live giga-bit NAS. When the preview is turned on I get a FatalError message when I try to play a file. With preview off, when I play the file the screen goes blank for a few seconds and then it goes back to the main cinematube menu. This happens on every one of these files, both SD and HD. These are not unusually high bitrate files. What's even weirder is that I have lots of DVD rips in video_ts files (non compressed) that play just fine off the NAS. I have a giga-bit network and the NAS seems to have approximately the same network throughput as my WinXP machines. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.

Jay
post #384 of 2730 Old 09-28-2009, 05:11 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerndl View Post

I am having a problem that no one else seems to be having. I have a large collection of mpeg-2 files both SD and HD that were recorded from a directivo. They were extracted and processed with Video Redo. They have always played fine on my old Roku HD1000 and I have been able to create DVDs without any additional processing. The weird problem is that while they mostly play fine from shares on my WinXP machines they will not play on shares from my Buffalo Linkstation Live giga-bit NAS. When the preview is turned on I get a FatalError message when I try to play a file. With preview off, when I play the file the screen goes blank for a few seconds and then it goes back to the main cinematube menu. This happens on every one of these files, both SD and HD. These are not unusually high bitrate files. What's even weirder is that I have lots of DVD rips in video_ts files (non compressed) that play just fine off the NAS. I have a giga-bit network and the NAS seems to have approximately the same network throughput as my WinXP machines. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.

Jay

can some one try and see if Time capsule from apple can work as NAS drive with this.I could not make that work for my ps3 though.
post #385 of 2730 Old 09-28-2009, 06:51 PM

@jerndl Jay, could you provide the bitrate? Also, here's a list of the max bitrate for all formats CinemaTube can handle: http://briteview.wordpress.com/2009/...ateresolution/
post #386 of 2730 Old 09-28-2009, 07:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

@jerndl Jay, could you provide the bitrate? Also, here's a list of the max bitrate for all formats CinemaTube can handle: http://briteview.wordpress.com/2009/...ateresolution/

SD sample file:
Code:
General
Complete name                    : T:\\sdsample.mpg
Format                           : MPEG-PS
File size                        : 18.2 MiB
Duration                         : 59s 943ms
Overall bit rate                 : 2 553 Kbps

Video
ID                               : 224 (0xE0)
Format                           : MPEG Video
Format version                   : Version 2
Format profile                   : Main@Main
Format settings, Matrix          : Default
Duration                         : 59s 943ms
Bit rate mode                    : Variable
Bit rate                         : 2 067 Kbps
Nominal bit rate                 : 15.0 Mbps
Width                            : 480 pixels
Height                           : 480 pixels
Display aspect ratio             : 4:3
Frame rate                       : 29.970 fps
Colorimetry                      : 4:2:0
Bits/(Pixel*Frame)               : 0.299
Stream size                      : 14.8 MiB (81%)

Audio
ID                               : 128 (0x80)
Format                           : AC-3
Format/Info                      : Audio Coding 3
Duration                         : 59s 936ms
Bit rate mode                    : Constant
Bit rate                         : 384 Kbps
Channel(s)                       : 6 channels
Channel positions                : Front: L C R, Surround: L R, LFE
Sampling rate                    : 48.0 KHz
Stream size                      : 2.74 MiB (15%)
HD Sample:
Code:
General
Complete name                    : T:\\hdsample.mpg
Format                           : MPEG-PS
File size                        : 87.2 MiB
Duration                         : 1mn 3s
Overall bit rate                 : 11.4 Mbps

Video
ID                               : 224 (0xE0)
Format                           : MPEG Video
Format version                   : Version 2
Format profile                   : Main@High
Format settings, Matrix          : Default
Bit rate mode                    : Variable
Bit rate                         : 10.6 Mbps
Nominal bit rate                 : 65.0 Mbps
Width                            : 1 280 pixels
Height                           : 1 088 pixels
Display aspect ratio             : 16:9
Frame rate                       : 23.976 fps
Colorimetry                      : 4:2:0
Scan type                        : Progressive
Scan order                       : 2:3 Pulldown
Bits/(Pixel*Frame)               : 0.317
Stream size                      : 80.7 MiB (93%)

Audio
ID                               : 128 (0x80)
Format                           : AC-3
Format/Info                      : Audio Coding 3
Bit rate mode                    : Constant
Bit rate                         : 384 Kbps
Channel(s)                       : 6 channels
Channel positions                : Front: L C R, Surround: L R, LFE
Sampling rate                    : 48.0 KHz
Stream size                      : 2.93 MiB (3%)

Text
ID                               : 224 (0xE0)-608-1
Format                           : EIA-608
Muxing mode                      : MPEG Video / EIA-708
Muxing mode, more info           : Muxed in Video #1
Stream size                      : 0.00 Byte (0%)
I will post the samples shortly. Thanks.

Jay
post #387 of 2730 Old 09-28-2009, 07:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Here is a link to a sample SD file that causes the FatalError problem: SDsample. Keep in mind it only has problems when played from my Linkstation Live NAS, but plays fine from WinXp shares.

Jay
post #388 of 2730 Old 09-29-2009, 01:27 AM

@brite-View

may i inquire as to what the maximum reference frame limit would be on a 1080p h.264 file? i was rather cheesed with western digital that their hardware limits it to 5 reframes before artifacting like mad. and as an additional aside, i am referring to playback through direct connection, not streaming.

additionally, i saw that the machine supports .ssa subtitles... what about .ass? also, what about subtitle format tags associated with .ssa/.ass, such as {\\i1}hello{\\i0}? on the wdtv, the tags are left exposed and unhidden, which is absolutely unsightly.

thanks!
post #389 of 2730 Old 09-29-2009, 02:13 AM

can someone test the ethernet connection speed (nfs/smb/ftp)?

the torrents can be uploaded from pc?
post #390 of 2730 Old 09-29-2009, 08:25 AM

Hi,

Can anyone check the subtitle attached on Cinematube, for the Turkish letters that appear on the upper line at 2nd sec? I want to make sure Turkish letters appear right with UTF-8 encoding. thank you!
(you may have to remove the .txt extension before you test, I had to put it so that I can upload here, thx again!)

Wedding.Crashers.2005.HDTV.OAR.720p.x264-NWO.srt.txt 151.9765625k . file
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page