brite-View CinemaTube - Page 16 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #451 of 2730 Old 10-01-2009, 04:35 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
@joshjoshlol, candre23: I just downloaded the file to test out the SSA sub, and only see the English sub. I will forward the link to our RD to see if we can display the result as shown in candre23's picture.

@lukano: regarding the GPL code: we do not have the GPL code for CinemaTube. Please correct us if this is wrong, but according to our RD, the device drivers, player fuction, OSD UI, and many programs were written by Realtek and its partners (including Zinnet/brite-View). This portion of the source code does not derive from the public domain and therefore is not open.

@Roadmaster: no, editing/manaing files over the network is not possible with CinemaTube. And at the moment only the universal remote control that you can "train" head-to-head works with CinemaTube's remote.

@jamesadouglas: we do not plan to change the GUI at the moment, but we have noted the RD repartment on people's feedback on the "preview" feature. They have noted and would try to improve that part. I will have to get back on the other 2 questions you have.

@goines72: it only play the files in a folder one by one; doesn't dig up all the files from sub folders. No on Winamp, although it can stream content from Windows Media Library through UPnP. Sorry, no randomizing either.

Video playback: yes, there is a "goto" button on the remote. Press that and you can enter the time you want to "go to" in the movie.

Wireless streaming: 720p videos should all be ok. 1080p and 1080i videos will have to depend on the bitrate and network. When we start selling the dedicated Wifi dongle, a test report will be provided.

@lukano: probably not interms of Netflix, although we do plan on adding Flickr and internet radio down the line. \\

@user-name: thanks! Will definitely report this bug.

@vkristof: technically all 400 units are out (the last 100 will be shipped on Oct 5th) but we decided to keep the $99.99 price open until October 5th. After that date we'll adjust the selling price. We confirmed that CinemaTube will play files recorded in .TP format.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #452 of 2730 Old 10-01-2009, 04:53 PM

Thanks much for the quick response brite-view. The GPL inquiry isn't my own, but rather one I'm fronting for someone else. I'll pass the info along, and get back to you if they feel there's any potential GPL snags that they're aware of.
post #453 of 2730 Old 10-01-2009, 05:06 PM

First off this box is awesome. Its about time Media Centers started considering FLAC!

Anyway my question is about wired network streaming. The network interface port on the device is 10/100 or 10/100/1000? If it is 10/100 does it support full 1080p untouched blu ray files to stream? I know 100mb is > then most blu ray streams of 34mb or lower, however you will never get 100mb.

Anywho, thanks all for clarifying! Cheers,

Jim
post #454 of 2730 Old 10-01-2009, 05:23 PM

Briteview,

Cinematube should play netflix through Playon Correct?
post #455 of 2730 Old 10-01-2009, 05:38 PM

@lukano: Thank you! We welcome all user feedback.

@jimah6786: it's 10/100 Mbps RJ-45 Port. "Theoretically" it should work, but it depends on the video bitrate and the network speed/setup. We've heard users having some issues streaming through the network but when the drive is directly attached to the CinemaTube the videos are fine. Just fyi.

@Geffel34: correct. If you want to see a video, showing the Netflix streaming feature through UPnP support, click here. (It's our YouTube channel showing tutorials and user interface)
post #456 of 2730 Old 10-01-2009, 06:31 PM

Briteview,

Youtube can also be viewed through cinema tube through playon correct?
Thank you for your excellent support thus far. I will be ordering cinematube tommorrow.
post #457 of 2730 Old 10-01-2009, 06:41 PM

@Geffel34: no problem; glad I could help. Yes it streams YouTube as well.
post #458 of 2730 Old 10-01-2009, 06:58 PM

brite-View: Just got my unit and did the s/w updates via Internet and played a movie with external usb drive. The next step is to stream from the ReadyNAS but it seems it doesn't see the NAS at all (actually it doesn't recognize any of my PC). Do I need to recycle all the running machines off as the FAQ suggested for it to see other devices in the same subnet? Also, it has trouble of sync w/ my Sharp LCD at 1080p resolution that every few seconds the screen re-flashed. Other resolution, i.e., 1080i/720p/480p, has no trouble. Any help is appreciated.
post #459 of 2730 Old 10-01-2009, 08:22 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
For all of you having trouble with mkv files...check your h264 profiles. Some of you are posting information about mkv's with profile = High@L5.1. Even popcorn hour limits you to 4.1, as is blue ray spec. When you rip blue ray, stay within blue ray spec....4.1 profile and lower. Yeah it's nice to tweak the insane profiles in x264...I have my own "ludicrous" profiles for home video...but watch your b-frames, and watch your refs, and especially watch your profile.

Blu ray profile must have:
- 3 bframe max adaptative or not
- 4 ref and 3 bref (3 ref and 3 bref here)
- 30 000 Kbits for cpb (less is possible)
- 45 000 Mbps for max bitrate (30 000 here)
- max mvrange at 512 pixel (511 here)
- nal hrd flag for compatibility with HDDVD/BD profile
- level 4.1 for for 1080p compatibility with HDDVD/BD profile
post #460 of 2730 Old 10-01-2009, 09:31 PM

Reporting in folks, despite the few issues this box is going strong!
I have watched several movies streaming from a network drive on my Mac and no issues unless I want to FF/RW which I usually do not do so really a non issue for me.

I have a fully programed Harmony 890 Pro with the IR Repeater and for the Cinema-Tube I just use the IR Blaster located about 3 feet from the box, even at a 90 deg angle to the box, bouncing off the wall, not detect line of sight.
If anyone knows a way to export the programing data from the Harmony software, or get it to Logitech for availability to others please let me know as it took me a couple hours to get it all programed and fully functional, so its a pain to set up as it would be with any other device that is not already available through the "list" of pre-programed remotes in the Harmony Software.

Life is good!

+Peace be with you+
post #461 of 2730 Old 10-01-2009, 11:10 PM

I just got back from vacation and am giving this a second chance...not going so well. Just played a vanilla SD xvid and constantly got an "Unsupported GMC" error message during the video that pixelized the screen so that it looked like satellite TV when you are losing reception. I have just about had it with this thing (and I still haven't opened the second one yet) and am debating trying out the new Asus or modding an AppleTV for 1080p. I guess I was spoiled with XBMC, but I would hope any commercial product would be AT LEAST as reliable as an open source solution.
post #462 of 2730 Old 10-01-2009, 11:50 PM

GMC support appears to be neglected in a lot of hardware releases. would anybody enlighten me as to why that is? archaic nature? hard to code for? hardware intensive? proprietary issues? low proliferation in the wild?
post #463 of 2730 Old 10-02-2009, 12:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by brite-View View Post

@joshjoshlol, candre23: I just downloaded the file to test out the SSA sub, and only see the English sub. I will forward the link to our RD to see if we can display the result as shown in candre23's picture.

Most PC media players that handle SSA subs properly use libass. If you are able to port that library to the realtek chip, you'll be the first. I suspect that it is not terribly difficult, but nobody has bothered to put any effort into it until now.
post #464 of 2730 Old 10-02-2009, 05:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akakillroy View Post

Reporting in folks, despite the few issues this box is going strong!
I have watched several movies streaming from a network drive on my Mac and no issues unless I want to FF/RW which I usually do not do so really a non issue for me.

I have a fully programed Harmony 890 Pro with the IR Repeater and for the Cinema-Tube I just use the IR Blaster located about 3 feet from the box, even at a 90 deg angle to the box, bouncing off the wall, not detect line of sight.
If anyone knows a way to export the programing data from the Harmony software, or get it to Logitech for availability to others please let me know as it took me a couple hours to get it all programed and fully functional, so its a pain to set up as it would be with any other device that is not already available through the "list" of pre-programed remotes in the Harmony Software.

Life is good!

Need the Harmony setup!!!!!
post #465 of 2730 Old 10-02-2009, 05:35 AM

@briteview please let me know on the shortcut issue. Id imagine make a shortcut to anything should be a possible option to add and would make sense to me but ive got my WHS blinders on where it creates videos music and photos shares for you already so id like to point shortcuts for each menu option to each one of the interface screens.

I agree with earlier post tha xbmc is so polished and should be the model for anything commercial
post #466 of 2730 Old 10-02-2009, 06:22 AM

@brite-view ; a followup to the GPL inquiry I was fronting for another party yesterday;

Quote:

If any part of their firmware is built on GPLed code, they are required to publish that portion of the source code, as well as the toolchain necessary to build it. They are not required to publish proprietary source code.

post #467 of 2730 Old 10-02-2009, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukano View Post

If any part of their firmware is built on GPLed code, they are required to publish that portion of the source code, as well as the toolchain necessary to build it. They are not required to publish proprietary source code.

This is not correct as I understand it. They only have to publish any CHANGES they have made. If nothing was changed then they are not required to do anything.

See here http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq....cePostedPublic

Realtek would probably be the only one to be able to answer this question if I had to guess.
post #468 of 2730 Old 10-02-2009, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posh View Post

This is not correct as I understand it. They only have to publish any CHANGES they have made. If nothing was changed then they are not required to do anything.

See here http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq....cePostedPublic

Realtek would probably be the only one to be able to answer this question if I had to guess.

I'm not arguing, I'm just acting as an intermediary for another party asking me these questions.

To my very limited understanding, I believe Zinnet/brite-view is at least obligated to provide a link to source that should be provided by Realtek, as that code is being used in the CinemaTube. Again, I'm hardly a GPL lawyer - and I readily admit I may be wrong in my assumption.
post #469 of 2730 Old 10-02-2009, 08:15 AM

I found an issue with torrent operations.

1.After I start a torrent download, if I turn off the cinemaTube before the job finishes and turn it backon, the torrent will start from 0% again and I lost all the data already downloaded.

2.After a torrent job starts, then I switch to watch video, the torrent will stop. Is it possible to watch video and download torrent at the same time?
post #470 of 2730 Old 10-02-2009, 08:45 AM

I know you can use the next and previous buttons to go a page at a time but is anyone else having problems using the up and down arrows to get to the video you want on a page when it keeps pausing to preview every one? I tried turning off the preview option but I need it to get out around the "format not supported" error...(If I can get it to preview the video will play)
post #471 of 2730 Old 10-02-2009, 10:59 AM

Unfortuantely I'm not going to have the funds available to purchase Cinetube before Oct 5th, so since Xtreamer will be in the same price range after Oct 5th, has anyone compared the CinemaTube to Xtreamer?
post #472 of 2730 Old 10-02-2009, 11:03 AM

I have the Netgear ReadyNAS and on my PC, I've it mapped as //192.168.0.6/movies w/o using username/password. How do I map/discover my NAS drives on this unit (tried diff. things under "PC media" w/o success)? Thx.
post #473 of 2730 Old 10-02-2009, 11:28 AM

Anyone having issues with streaming HD content? More specifically 1080p mkv files? I know you can attach a USB storage device however that will not suit my needs.

-Jim
post #474 of 2730 Old 10-02-2009, 11:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brite-View View Post

@vkristof: technically all 400 units are out (the last 100 will be shipped on Oct 5th) but we decided to keep the $99.99 price open until October 5th. After that date we'll adjust the selling price. We confirmed that CinemaTube will play files recorded in .TP format.

Thanks for the prompt response.

If I order now, can you estimate when the unit would ship? I'm assuming that this unit would come from a follow-on batch.
post #475 of 2730 Old 10-02-2009, 11:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_jbloggs View Post

Unfortuantely I'm not going to have the funds available to purchase Cinetube before Oct 5th, so since Xtreamer will be in the same price range after Oct 5th, has anyone compared the CinemaTube to Xtreamer?

Xtreamer does not have component ouput, HDMI is the only HD output. Cinematube has HDMI and component. Xtreamer supposedly has a better user interface but I have not used it personally. Good luck.

Jay
post #476 of 2730 Old 10-02-2009, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmah6786 View Post

Anyone having issues with streaming HD content? More specifically 1080p mkv files? I know you can attach a USB storage device however that will not suit my needs.

-Jim

I'm steaming 1080p mkvs from my D-Link DNS-321 with no problems. The NAS and the CinemaTube sit on the same 10/100 LAN segment.
post #477 of 2730 Old 10-02-2009, 01:05 PM

Hello all, since Realtek is the real "source" for the GPL source code, you might have to ask from them for the code if necessary.

@jmorehouse: I will forward your reqests and have our team to test it out, and see if the shortcut issue can be solved.

@hydralistor: I just tested out the torrent download myself.

1)No, it'll seem like it'll start from 0%, but it's actually still reading the data on the drive. It'll then pick up from where it was left off.

2)Sorry, this is the chip limitation; it won't be able to handle video playback and downloading together.

@hvn4179: I will ask our engineers to see how we can do this.

@vkristof: we still have some left to be shipped on Oct 5th. The next batch will probably be shipped on around Oct 12.
post #478 of 2730 Old 10-02-2009, 01:10 PM

@hvn4179: 1. Yes, the NAS and CinemaTube must be located on the same subnet. CinemaTube can auto-discover NAS or remote PC, but this function is restricted to the same subnet location. Please locate the NAS and CinemaTube into the same hub or wireless AP and do not across gateway device.
post #479 of 2730 Old 10-02-2009, 01:20 PM

BUG? or DEFECTIVE UNIT?

CTube is powering up from off state when using CableBox remote.

Updated Briteview Firmware: 500510099161

Cable Box: Motorola DCT3416 I - Digital Cable Receiver / DVR
Cable Provider: COX Cable - Southern California Region
Remote: No identifiable serial numbers (Image link only - ignore red ref circle)
coxhelpcenter.com/CoxFAQRelatedDocsList/remoterecord.jpg

When I power down the CTUBE and then use the Cable remote to watch cable...the CTUBE will power up (BLUE LIGHT instead of RED) when I press the following buttons.
Power / Info / DVR LIST. This is not an all inclusive list and is just what I've discovered thus far.

I was able to replicate the error throughout the evening.

There are no other IR devices transmitting during my tests.

Has anyone one else using a similar set-up had this issue?. I saw a post earlier in this thread, however the poster did not specific model, cablebox details.

BRITE-VIEW.....HELP PLEASE?
post #480 of 2730 Old 10-02-2009, 01:35 PM

@skunkwerx: this is a known issue, and we're looking into it now.
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page