brite-View CinemaTube - Page 19 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #541 of 2730 Old 10-05-2009, 10:20 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
@brite-view
i was referring to shortcut or bookmark to a file/folder when browsing the system. so i can save a shortcut to \\\\server\\video instead of just \\\\server and having to go through the shares every time
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #542 of 2730 Old 10-05-2009, 10:23 AM

@neeco80: Hi Nicolas, understood. I do not think you can just select the playlist, but if your files are all in the same folder/directory, after a piece of music or a chapter of the audio book is played, the CinemaTube will go to the next file/chapter and play that one automatically. I hope this helps.

@atrpmma: it does not seem the next firmware update will include this feature quite yet, but we have notified the team to add this item in their agenda.

@computeiro_cps: sorry for the wait. As the order is now still processed by ourselves so you will not receive an email response generated automatically. We send out the emails manually and let people know when their product will be shipped. Usually when you're done with PayPal, there is a link that you can click on and it'll take you to a "Thank You" page. That means the order went through successfully.
post #543 of 2730 Old 10-05-2009, 10:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brite-View View Post

@vkristof: yes I'm in jeans and sneakers ready to pack and ship today. I might be able to post a few packing pictures to twitter/facebook later.

@jamesadouglas: do you mean bookmark in the video, or bookmark a file/folder?

I don't mean to make this thread longer, but thanks for the prompt responses, especially since you're apparently the shipping/packing department AND you're getting a lot of questions.

I'll just lurk until my unit arrives on the east coast.
post #544 of 2730 Old 10-05-2009, 11:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
brite-View, between your posts #502 and #532, I am still confused. I know you're busy today, so I don't expect an answer immediately. But when you get a chance ...

[EDIT: These specific quotes from the two posts need clarification.
From #502
@Sarcoptic: it will NOT bitstream - as long as a player is using the Realtek 1073 chip, it does not bitstream. (Sarcoptic was asking about Dolby TrueHD and DTS-MA; not just DTS)

From #532
2.Passing (bitstreaming) raw audio should allow the receiver to do the necessary decoding, right ? ==>Yes! Many AV receivers allow multiple AV input and can be connected to professional output devices. If we sign a contract and then we are authorized to play DTS 7.1 CH, how do we connect all the 8 speakers to the CinemaTube box? So we support the "pass-through" feature and pass the raw data to external devices. CinemaTube not only decodes DTS signals but also amplifies the signals to fit speakers.

4. what about bitstream (passtrough) DTS HD MA via HDMI (in HDMI - raw settings I think)?
-->downmix to 2CH/LPCM or 6.1CH/raw

If you only passtrough the DTS signal, AFAIK there is no need to have license from DTS (for decoding)? Is it really license/technical issue, or only pressure from movie industry? -->We pay fee for DTS 2CH/LPCM the raw also downmix into 6.1CH.

It is not technical issue; only pressure from movie industry.

Both 2 and 4 answer questions about Dolby TrueHD and DTS-MA with DTS and contractural answers. Can you please clarify this, not just for what the chip or your implementation can do NOW but if the chip is capable, what the plans for the future are with regards to the HI-DEF audio.

END EDIT]

I am not asking about the downmixing or decoding capabilities of your player. I am not asking about plain DTS, and I'm not asking about the analogue output of your player. This question only applies to raw digital data from your player to an AVR.

The only thing I am asking is this: Can this player bitstream HD audio Dolby TrueHD and DTS-MA via HDMI so that my AVR can decode it?

I just want to know if my AVR will show the words "Dolby True HD" or "DTS-MA" in it's little window? Even with my Blu-ray player which can decode or bitstream, I prefer to bitstream because I like to see those words in the little window

Your post #502 seems to say "No", but #532 seems to say "Yes".

As has been said already in this thread, somebody that has the player could hook it up to a capable AVR and test this for us ...
post #545 of 2730 Old 10-05-2009, 12:07 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjgarrison View Post

brite-View, between your posts #502 and #532, I am still confused. I know you're busy today, so I don't expect an answer immediately. But when you get a chance ...

I am not asking about the downmixing or decoding capabilities of your player. I am not asking about plain DTS, and I'm not asking about the analogue output of your player. This question only applies to raw digital data from your player to an AVR.

The only thing I am asking is this: Can this player bitstream HD audio Dolby TrueHD and DTS-MA via HDMI so that my AVR can decode it?

I just want to know if my AVR will show the words "Dolby True HD" or "DTS-MA" in it's little window? Even with my Blu-ray player which can decode or bitstream, I prefer to bitstream because I like to see those words in the little window

As has been said already in this thread, somebody that has the player could hook it up to a capable AVR and test this for us ...

Did you read my post (#540) ?
post #546 of 2730 Old 10-05-2009, 12:22 PM
Advanced Member

AGREED! How can they bitstream DTS 5.1, but not DTS HD-MA?
Why bother being HDMI 1.3? Does not make sense. SOMEONE TEST
A FILE PLEASE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjgarrison View Post

post #547 of 2730 Old 10-05-2009, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidmetal View Post

AGREED! How can they bitstream DTS 5.1, but not DTS HD-MA?
Why bother being HDMI 1.3? Does not make sense. SOMEONE TEST
A FILE PLEASE!

post #528 contains a link to HD Audio samples. To download, click on the number (1) to the right of the file title name. Choose the correct file type!

I'm downloading 2 files now and will report back in a short while with the results.
post #548 of 2730 Old 10-05-2009, 12:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Quote:

How can they bitstream DTS 5.1, but not DTS HD-MA?

See here.

The Cinematube and all similar players are not going to have DTS-MA or TrueHD bitstreaming in the foreseeable future. If you want to blame somebody for that, blame DTS and Dolby Labs.
post #549 of 2730 Old 10-05-2009, 12:43 PM

I downloaded a file called:

hd_dolby_bit_harvest_lossless.m2ts
specs: Dolby TrueHD 7.1

Results:

Video played very choppy (streamed from my pc). No Audio played and error message in green said: "Unknown Audio Format"

I'm downloading and trying another in a few minutes.

Edit: The second file (DTS-HD MA 7.1) was even choppier (video) with no audio again.
Edit: Both files play "almost" perfectly on my pc with excellent audio.
post #550 of 2730 Old 10-05-2009, 12:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
TrueHD and DTS-MA test videos can be found here, along with test videos for numerous other codecs, containers and encoding specs.
post #551 of 2730 Old 10-05-2009, 01:03 PM
Advanced Member

You tried raw audio with HDMI, correct?
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueribb View Post

Results:

Video played very choppy (streamed from my pc). No Audio played and error message in green said: "Unknown Audio Format"

post #552 of 2730 Old 10-05-2009, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by candre23 View Post

TrueHD and DTS-MA test videos can be found here, along with test videos for numerous other codecs, containers and encoding specs.

@candre23, what a great collection for users to base their testing off of.

Can someone run through these files wit their Cinematube and post their test results? Thanks!
post #553 of 2730 Old 10-05-2009, 01:09 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:

Results:

Edit: The second file (DTS-HD MA 7.1) was even choppier (video) with no audio again.
Edit: Both files play "almost" perfectly on my pc with excellent audio.

from where
post #554 of 2730 Old 10-05-2009, 01:57 PM

Second attempt:

I placed 2 files on a USB flash drive and played them via HDMI (raw audio) to a brand new AV Receiver (Yamaha RX-V765) which does handle TrueHD and DTS-HD MA.

Both files play the video very smoothly using the USB flash drive. File #1 plays with NO audio and green error message at top of screen: "Unknown Audio Format". File #2 plays no audio on 8 out of 10 tries with no error message. Two tries resulted in perfect audio but only the DTS LED lit on my receiver - no HD MA light.

File #1: hd_dolby_bit_harvest_lossless.m2ts (Dolby TrueHD 7.1) These 2 files were from the source mentioned in previous posts.
File #2: hd_dts_orchestra_long_lossless.m2ts (DTS-HD MA 7.1)

Edit: I am only running a 5.1 surround system at the moment. Maybe I would have different results if I had more speakers connected. I'm not sure my new Yamaha AV Receiver senses the amount of speakers connected and limits the HD audio decoder choices. I don't have a blu-ray player and have never played these HD audio types before. Someone else with a full 7.1 rig should run these tests.

File #1 Link: http://www.demo-world.eu/trailers/re...t_lossless.rar

File #2 Link: http://www.demo-world.eu/trailers/re...g_lossless.rar
post #555 of 2730 Old 10-05-2009, 02:47 PM

CinemaTube going out today: (only half of them) http://yfrog.com/2pe0gfj
post #556 of 2730 Old 10-05-2009, 02:49 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
5.1 or 7.1 doesn't matter, so looks like this receiver also with wd tv hd media player doesn't pass thru the truehd or dts-hd .

Quote:

Second attempt:

I placed 2 files on a USB flash drive and played them via HDMI (raw audio) to a brand new AV Receiver (Yamaha RX-V765) which does handle TrueHD and DTS-HD MA.

Both files play the video very smoothly using the USB flash drive. File #1 plays with NO audio and green error message at top of screen: "Unknown Audio Format". File #2 plays no audio on 8 out of 10 tries with no error message. Two tries resulted in perfect audio but only the DTS LED lit on my receiver - no HD MA light.

File #1: hd_dolby_bit_harvest_lossless.m2ts (Dolby TrueHD 7.1)

Edit: I am only running a 5.1 surround system at the moment. Maybe I would have different results if I had more speakers connected. I'm not sure my new Yamaha AV Receiver senses the amount of speakers connected and limits the HD audio decoder choices. I don't have a blu-ray player and have never played these HD audio types before. Someone else with a full 7.1 rig should run these tests.

post #557 of 2730 Old 10-05-2009, 05:25 PM
Advanced Member

Nice work! I guess I can stop following this thread though. What a shame.

Quote:

Second attempt:

File #1: hd_dolby_bit_harvest_lossless.m2ts (Dolby TrueHD 7.1) These 2 files were from the source mentioned in previous posts.

File #1 Link: http://www.demo-world.eu/trailers/re...t_lossless.rar

File #2 Link: http://www.demo-world.eu/trailers/re...g_lossless.rar

post #558 of 2730 Old 10-05-2009, 07:39 PM

thanks for testing the files blueribb..yes it does not matter wether if you have 5 or 7 speakers connected..

if DTS lighted up and no DTS-MA..it means its just like the wdtv which can extract the DTS core..

I am a bit disappointed..we have a group buy too from where I came from..so I think I will be cancelling my order..

egreat r1 also made an NMT based on a realtek chipset..the GUI is the same..I don't know if that can pass HD audio..I better audition it..

kudos to briteview for supporting their product upfront!
post #559 of 2730 Old 10-05-2009, 08:08 PM

It's still alot of technology for $99. I don't think any other media player or streamer can top it for the price, but then again new ones are being released as we speak.

Even the $300 Popcorn A-200 has issues - although it does support TrueHD and DTS-HD MA.
post #560 of 2730 Old 10-05-2009, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by czdaryle View Post

If someone can help me I'd appreciate it. I cannot get the torrent piece to download. It just sits and waits. I have tried port forwarding with my wrt54g and turned of windows firewall(not sure it goes thru that anyway) I have tried the sample torrent that is on the cinematube site and nothing works! Any ideas?

thanks

I've done a few download w/ my Netgear w/o any changes to the router configuration. I'd suggest to test BT on the PC alone to see if network or the BT list itself is ok.
post #561 of 2730 Old 10-05-2009, 08:55 PM

Quote:

It's still alot of technology for $99. I don't think any other media player or streamer can top it for the price, but then again new ones are being released as we speak.

Even the $300 Popcorn A-200 has issues - although it does support TrueHD and DTS-HD MA.

yeah I know..its still a great product..I was hoping for this feature though..its the deal breaker for me
post #562 of 2730 Old 10-05-2009, 09:22 PM

Quote:

At a closer price range, A.C. Ryan Playon!HD has the same chipset as CT, Realtek 1073, and it can support these audio format - Dolby Digital AC3/Plus/TrueHD/DTS/DTS Master Audio : Passthrough (via S/PDIF Coaxial/Optical) (http://www.acryan.com/index.php?opti...d=42&Itemid=98). So may be b/c BV decided to turn off HDCP, it won't allow HD bitstreaming?
post #563 of 2730 Old 10-05-2009, 09:41 PM
Advanced Member

Nope. AC Ryan says they will support, but does not work yet:

http://www.acryan.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=1828

By the way, HD audio can only passthrough on HDMI, not optical.
post #564 of 2730 Old 10-05-2009, 10:17 PM

Wireless - GREAT SUCCESS!!!!!!!!!!
I got Airlink101 Wireless 11N 300Mbps Mini USB Adapter 802.11n Adapter, AWLL6075, 1T2R from Meritline... for 18 bucks.... (sorry, can not link it, not enough posts here, just search meritline.com for AWLL6075) AND it works great with my Airlink AR670W router!!!!
Stock router firmware 1.01: SSID broadcast enabled, WPA-PSK, AES, ASCII password.
Cinematube (updated fw) found my wireless SSID, clicked on it, entered ASCII pass - done.
So, we can start a list of compatible USB dongles.

Be glad to answer your questions.
Now, I have to figure out how to stream TV, etc.
Be back with more questions.
Tanks.
post #565 of 2730 Old 10-06-2009, 05:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOHb View Post

Wireless - GREAT SUCCESS!!!!!!!!!!
I got Airlink101 Wireless 11N 300Mbps Mini USB Adapter 802.11n Adapter, AWLL6075, 1T2R from Meritline... for 18 bucks.... (sorry, can not link it, not enough posts here, just search meritline.com for AWLL6075) AND it works great with my Airlink AR670W router!!!!
Stock router firmware 1.01: SSID broadcast enabled, WPA-PSK, AES, ASCII password.
Cinematube (updated fw) found my wireless SSID, clicked on it, entered ASCII pass - done.
So, we can start a list of compatible USB dongles.

Be glad to answer your questions.
Now, I have to figure out how to stream TV, etc.
Be back with more questions.
Tanks.

Thanks KOHb for the great Info

Do you know if this router can be set up as a Bridge I have fios which uses a Actiontec Router? Also Have you tried streaming HD or SD?
post #566 of 2730 Old 10-06-2009, 07:24 AM

Quote:

Nope. AC Ryan says they will support, but does not work yet:

http://www.acryan.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=1828

By the way, HD audio can only passthrough on HDMI, not optical.

That's an interesting link. The results are identical to the CinemaTube (same chipset). A Dolby digital plus file also failed when I tested it. (audio slow error message in green).

Also, a WMV9 file with a high-bitrate audio track failed. More and more of these WMV9 hi-bitrate files are now available via torrents and won't work with the CinemaTube.

At this point, my question is: Will brite-View address these issues in future firmware updates or is this a lost cause. I want my player to be able to play the latest codecs, not the ones from years gone by - if you know what I mean.

brite-View, there are quite a few people concerned over this issue and it seems some have even cancelled orders because of it. It needs detailed discussion asap. And please try to be clear with the subject because your previous posts on the subject were far from clear.

thanks
post #567 of 2730 Old 10-06-2009, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geffel34 View Post

Do you know if this router can be set up as a Bridge I have fios which uses a Actiontec Router? Also Have you tried streaming HD or SD?

I streamed SD. Did not have time to try mts from my HD camera or mkv (I have some Planet Earth in 720p - don't remember where though)

The router I use can not be set as bridge yet (DD WRT team is still working on it). But you don't need the bridge mode. I just plugged USB Dongle in the CinemaTube and it worked. If your Actiontec is wireless router - it should work with Airlink USB dongle.
post #568 of 2730 Old 10-06-2009, 08:49 AM

I have a collection of older SD comedy WMV files that I've accumulated over the years. They all play perfectly on my computer but only a few play on the CinemaTube and WD TV.

What's with these older wmv files ? Is this a license issue or hardware issue ?
post #569 of 2730 Old 10-06-2009, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOHb View Post

I streamed SD. Did not have time to try mts from my HD camera or mkv (I have some Planet Earth in 720p - don't remember where though)

The router I use can not be set as bridge yet (DD WRT team is still working on it). But you don't need the bridge mode. I just plugged USB Dongle in the CinemaTube and it worked. If your Actiontec is wireless router - it should work with Airlink USB dongle.

Yes I assumed it would work (Wireless G and N are Backwards Compatiable) but as mentioned before in the forum you will probably need a wireless N network (N router) to stream HD.

Thanks again
post #570 of 2730 Old 10-06-2009, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesadouglas View Post

@brite-view
i was referring to shortcut or bookmark to a file/folder when browsing the system. so i can save a shortcut to \\\\server\\video instead of just \\\\server and having to go through the shares every time

Local file and "PC Media" book marks are nice, but I was also referring to UPnP shortcuts as well. I know this one will be trickier as the system will have to accept that sometimes the UPnP device my not be there.
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page