brite-View CinemaTube - Page 22 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #631 of 2730 Old 10-07-2009, 05:15 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Wrong. The following models all bitstream HD audio.
brite-view, this list is for you too, since you asked:

popcorn hour a110
http://www.popcornhour.com/onlinesto...spec&item_id=6
popcorn hour c200
http://www.popcornhour.com/onlinesto...pec&item_id=12
egreat m34a
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...8#post16451748

Quote:
Originally Posted by candre23 View Post

It's up to the device manufacturer, not the chip manufacturer. The only Sigma device that properly bitstreams DTS-MA and TrueHD is the C-200. That's because PCH went through the trouble and expense to properly license it's player with Dolby labs and DTS for BD playback. This expense no doubt has something to do with the C-200's $300 price tag.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #632 of 2730 Old 10-07-2009, 05:35 PM

Just received my CinemaTube and over all I'm very pleased. I have not watched a full movie yet, but it has can stream all my mkv's off of files have played fine. These files also played fine on my WDTV. The only issue is the CinemaTube will not recognize my USB drives. Note these are all formatted as HFS+. I have not tried HFS yet anything since streaming works from my MacBook upstairs. Even at 1080i I have not had any issues. Oh yes this is the latest firmware.

Thx,
Dave
post #633 of 2730 Old 10-07-2009, 05:50 PM

Hello

Thanks for the reply brite view.

Im not an expert on electricity so Im not sure what the initials stand for like for example 2A etc so Im not quite sure how to look for an adapter for this unit.

If someone in this thread knows how to find this adapter on ebay or somewhere similar please advice!

Thanks,
Mario
post #634 of 2730 Old 10-07-2009, 06:14 PM

I currently have an Xtreamer, but because of the involvement the Brite-View guy here, I'm seriously considering the Cinematube for my next purchase.

One question here. I'm a big fan of "digital media renderer" functionality. Basically this allows you to do things like use Microsoft Windows Media player to "Play To" the device of your choosing. This opens things up for remotely control the playing of content on devices throughout your home.

Are there any plans on bringing this functionality into the Cinematube?
post #635 of 2730 Old 10-07-2009, 06:49 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I'm interested in this product. Does it support CIFS/SMB? If not, any plans on adding this feature?
post #636 of 2730 Old 10-07-2009, 07:22 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanoPR View Post

Hello

Thanks for the reply brite view.

Im not an expert on electricity so Im not sure what the initials stand for like for example 2A etc so Im not quite sure how to look for an adapter for this unit.

If someone in this thread knows how to find this adapter on ebay or somewhere similar please advice!

Thanks,
Mario

Try searching for "12V DC, 2A, 24W power adapter" at ebay or elsewhere. 2A stands for 2 amps. Be careful the tip polarity is correct or you may damage both the adapter and streamer. If you don't know what I'm talking about, have a knowedgeable friend help you.
post #637 of 2730 Old 10-07-2009, 07:26 PM

Yes found a couple of adapters on Ebay. However I have no idea what tip polatity means and I also don't know if the actual plug that goes in the device (cinematube) will fit.

If anyone cares to help me out maybe find a link for a specific product I will appreciate it.

thanks
Mario
post #638 of 2730 Old 10-07-2009, 07:30 PM

After researching the subject this seems like a bit complicated.

Is there any way I can order a separed Power adapter for the cinematube?
post #639 of 2730 Old 10-07-2009, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanoPR View Post

After researching the subject this seems like a bit complicated.

Is there any way I can order a separed Power adapter for the cinematube?

Contact brite-View directly and ask them.
post #640 of 2730 Old 10-07-2009, 07:41 PM

Done.

Thanks to all.

Can't wait to get my hands on this.

Competition with these players is getting so rough made WD TV 2 have to delay theirs. Im pretty sure it wont be able to compete with this at all.

briteview: thanks again for customer service. Things like this is what gets small companies afloat.

Mario
post #641 of 2730 Old 10-07-2009, 08:15 PM

Can anyone offer me advise on hooking up my cinema tube via network cable to access pc media on my computer. I believe I have it hooked up right but all I get is a folder called my Shortcuts with nothing in it. I have the network cable attached to the cinematube and the other into a lan port on the back of my actiontec router (fios). I am running Vista. I am able to access Tversity of my computer through cinema tube so it seems that its making a connection. I just can find my media files? Any Help would be appreciated.
post #642 of 2730 Old 10-07-2009, 08:47 PM

@liquidmetal: thanks for the list. I am still waiting for the answer from my team to see what level of audio support we have, and why is that.

@cyberdac: glad to hear that. If you have questions you're welcome to post them here, or email service5@zinnetusa.com direclty.

@donjjones: funny you should ask because our team is currently evaluating if there is a market demand on this. I guess the answer is yes then.

@saiga6360: I do not know. Will find out.

@CanoPR: we're looking to bring more accessories in stock because there seems to be more and more demand for them. If you don't hear from service5 then I'll find out for you.

@Geffel34: I got that today, too. I was told that sometimes it takes a few tries for the units on the same network to "familarize" with each other, so I restarted my PC and CinemaTube and then the CinemaTube found my PC on the network. If this does help, let us know. You can post it here of email service5@zinnetusa.com.

Thanks!
post #643 of 2730 Old 10-07-2009, 09:01 PM

Btw, just want to show that, although brite-View is a new brand, Zinnet is not exactly too small. I would like everyone to know we're backed up by a sizable company.

Zinnet has sold millions digital converter boxes in the U.S. to this point. Just fyi.

this is what I posted earlier regarding who's brite-View/Zinnet in another thread:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1185741

"@kjgarrison: thank you for giving us a chance to introduce ourselves.

brite-View is a new brand, but the parent company (Zinwell) is not. Zinwell is a leader in the set-top box market, and is dedicated in the multimedia and networking technology. We have another product that has generated quite some interest called the Air HD (Wireless HD solution), for example.

I hope it shows that, compared with other companies, we are focused on our core business and on providing the most advanced technology based on our in-depth knowledge. (A company and W company are great, but multi-media solutions are not their focus). ViewSonic is just one example of a bigger brand trusting our know-how.

And yes Zinnet (subsidiary of Zinwell) is located in the US. The main office is in Los Angeles and we (the online marking/sales department) are in San Jose.

Thanks again."
post #644 of 2730 Old 10-07-2009, 10:40 PM

Hi Brite-View,

I just ordered a CinemaTube from your website 5 minutes ago, and I just wanted you to know that probably the biggest factor for me in helping decide between CinemaTube and other similar products is the amazingly active role you are playing in these forums. This shows a true commitment to your product and customers that is unfortunately absent in most companies.

I hope Brite-View will continue this great service and also improve the CinemaTube (via firmware updates) with fixes and better functionality. The other members of this forum have offered a lot of great suggestions that I hope you will consider implementing soon.

Thanks again, and keep up the awesome work!
post #645 of 2730 Old 10-07-2009, 10:45 PM

Liked: 12
Brite-View, I am in San Jose. Is it possible to pickup the box in San Jose office so that I don't have to pay SH?
post #646 of 2730 Old 10-08-2009, 04:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brite-View View Post

@Geffel34: I got that today, too. I was told that sometimes it takes a few tries for the units on the same network to "familarize" with each other, so I restarted my PC and CinemaTube and then the CinemaTube found my PC on the network. If this does help, let us know. You can post it here of email service5@zinnetusa.com.

Thanks!

Still No luck I shutdown both about 5 times and can't find the media files. Where should they be stored? OK update I changed a setting in Mcafee and when I open PC media I now can access my computer but when I attempt to open the location of media I get a box that says
Net User ID-Realtek_guest
Password-************
ok and save to MyShortcuts
OK cancel
when I hit ok and save to my shortcuts it says login failed?
post #647 of 2730 Old 10-08-2009, 05:06 AM

BRite-view...Great product I have one and another on the way. Question, don't know if it is even possible, any plans on including internet radio access?
post #648 of 2730 Old 10-08-2009, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geffel34 View Post

Still No luck I shutdown both about 5 times and can't find the media files. Where should they be stored? OK update I changed a setting in Mcafee and when I open PC media I now can access my computer but when I attempt to open the location of media I get a box that says
Net User ID-Realtek_guest
Password-************
ok and save to MyShortcuts
OK cancel
when I hit ok and save to my shortcuts it says login failed?

Did you set the pc's folders to "share" ?
post #649 of 2730 Old 10-08-2009, 09:42 AM

Hi.

I am interested in the CinemaTube but I live in Europe (Spain) and I guess that the pre-order offer is not applying to European customers (because of different power adapters etc). Is this correct?

However, will you sell the CinemaTube in Europe? When/Where/How? Will there be another pre-order discount?

And do you already have (or have plans for) German and Spanish language support (esp. subtitles with letters like ñ or ß).

One last question: I have seen on YouTube that the surface of the CinemaTube seems to be a fingerprint magnet - will you consider a change to a more brushed/matte finish?

Thanks.
post #650 of 2730 Old 10-08-2009, 09:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueribb View Post

brite-View,

Is it brite-View that didn't purchase the Dolby license or was it Realtek (chipset manufacturer) ?

Other (more expensive) streamers that do support Dolby TrueHD seem to use the Sigma Designs chipset instead. Maybe Sigma paid the license fee and that's the reason those streamers cost more.

I'm beginning to wonder about these other streamers. The Dune 3 specs say that the HD audio only bitstreams with Blu-ray. It isn't completely clear, but I'm wondering if they are only talking about the prime version that has a BR player. Otherwise even they seem like they might not be able to handle the HD audio stuff.
post #651 of 2730 Old 10-08-2009, 10:26 AM

@bramiah: that's is so great to hear. We are working on improving the product and we hope to implement some, step by step. All of you on the forum have been a tremendous help to us, too and we really appreciate your opinions and input.

@valley_nomad: Yes. Please send your request to service5@zinnetusa.com.

@Geffel34: I will have to report this to my team. Could you tell me more? Which kind of McAfee software?

@czdaryle: yes, we're negotiating licensing issues still. Will update when I know more.

@stimm: thank you for your interest! We have handled some international shipping so far; just fyi. If you're interested, you can email service5@zinnetusa.com and we'll calculate the shipping rate.

A lot of people have inquired about the language support. I will post a list asap.

We do not plan to change the casing at the moment.

@kjgarrison, liquidmetal, blueribb: it is unclear at the moment but it was implied by my team member that it was Dolby who would not want us to be able to bitstream and therefore no licensing for DD+ and DD TrueHD. I will have to keep digging.
post #652 of 2730 Old 10-08-2009, 11:08 AM

BlueRibb-Yes I set them to share

Brite-view- Mcafee Security Center

I still can't get in
post #653 of 2730 Old 10-08-2009, 11:21 AM

@Geffel34: I'm personally using Vista too, and sometimes I have to try several times for the CinemaTube to find my PC. However, it doesn't seem to have any trouble finding the PCs in the same office network running XP at all. It does find my PC using UPnP every time, though. I am trying to confirm if this only happens with Vista users, or is it the firewall, or if this is a setting issue. I will report back asap.
post #654 of 2730 Old 10-08-2009, 11:28 AM

Hello Brite view,

I havent heard word still from the email team about me buying an additional ac adapter or power supply

thanks,
mario
post #655 of 2730 Old 10-08-2009, 11:35 AM

@CanoPR: Apologies. Some of us are on business trips at the moment and that might be the reason why the answer is delayed. Please allow us to get back to you by the end of today.
post #656 of 2730 Old 10-08-2009, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brite-View View Post

@Geffel34: I'm personally using Vista too, and sometimes I have to try several times for the CinemaTube to find my PC. However, it doesn't seem to have any trouble finding the PCs in the same office network running XP at all. It does find my PC using UPnP every time, though. I am trying to confirm if this only happens with Vista users, or is it the firewall, or if this is a setting issue. I will report back asap.

Ok I was able to access a single file on the C drive but 99% of my media files are on a seperate hard drive (B) in my computer that I cant access. I shared (b) but still get the USER ID and Password Prompt. Were you able to find out what this means? Also I disabled Mcafee and all firewalls but still can't get in
post #657 of 2730 Old 10-09-2009, 12:00 AM

I apologize if this was already asked, but I read the first 10 pages of this and it took an hour, and I don't have another hahaha

Is there a reason why it says the Wireless N adapter is for non-HD streaming? Because I stream 1080p video over my wireless N network to my Xbox 360 just fine. So I was just wondering if its impossible to stream HD with it, also, how much does it cost?
post #658 of 2730 Old 10-09-2009, 05:45 AM

Hi,
Does anyone have any idea why the CinemaTube is no longer available on Amazon.com?
post #659 of 2730 Old 10-09-2009, 06:35 AM

@Topper59: wired connection is better for HD streaming because it's more "stable"; but in any case, streaming relies heavily on the network condition. Our dedicated dongle will be available by the end of this month the latest.

@Yes, although the price is listed differently there ($109.99).
post #660 of 2730 Old 10-09-2009, 06:36 AM

We got a Twekatown review; thanks to Cameron!

http://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/295...iew/index.html
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page