brite-View CinemaTube - Page 90 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 01-28-2011, 12:38 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi cinematube_warez, have any restriction to install? Like the version 14 o 16 of CT?
If not appear anything I can back to the briteview firmware?

Thanks a lot for your contribution.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2011, 11:15 AM

There is no restrictions, you can always go back to any firmware you want, is your choice, cannot be compared with the beta firmwares from briteview, it will not affect anything.
I will stay with this awesome custom firmware, because it have many many things that work very good, I can use thumbgen, I can use yamj, I have transmission torrent, internet links, I can use playlists, I have a decent audio player, all in one.
Old 01-30-2011, 03:26 AM

Great job, dan35, everybody should share their firmwares, it is an open community so act like one
Old 01-30-2011, 01:34 PM

Hello Dan35 and Cinematube_Warez,

I tried to upgrade these fw to the CT and it won't load because I think it requires the "Install.img-sig.txt" file. So can you guys help me on the instruction how to load these super fw to the CT w/o the image file.

Thank you so much for sharing this fw and make my CT looks/play much and much better than the factory one.

HP,
Old 01-30-2011, 01:41 PM

@hp_92117
installation mode : plug out the device's power, press power button and keep pressed, plug in the power and release the button after 10 seconds.
Old 01-30-2011, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinematube_warez View Post

@hp_92117
installation mode : plug out the device's power, press power button and keep pressed, plug in the power and release the button after 10 seconds.

3s to 5s is alright.

1. Download the alternative firmware. Unrar it. Save install.img in the root menu of your USB stick/hard drive
2. Power off the unit; unplug your media player
3. Hold the power button on the unit
4. Plug the AC adapter back (without letting go off the power button for 3-5 seconds)
5. You'll enter USB Update. Please plug in the USB drive with the alternative firmware, and the update will begin.
Old 01-30-2011, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan35 View Post

3s to 5s is alright.

1. Download the alternative firmware. Unrar it. Save install.img in the root menu of your USB stick/hard drive
2. Power off the unit; unplug your media player
3. Hold the power button on the unit
4. Plug the AC adapter back (without letting go off the power button for 3-5 seconds)
5. You'll enter USB Update. Please plug in the USB drive with the alternative firmware, and the update will begin.

Ok, so I installed this software update on my Briteview BV-5005hd and now I cant get it to work at all. How do I set up the network? I think I got it right...doing adhoc to my network but it doesnt find any of the files. How do I get it to find my PC?!?!?!? HELP!
If I can't get this to work...can I go back to another brite view software update??
Old 01-31-2011, 01:09 AM

Thank you so much for your installation instruction to Dan35 and Cinematube_warez, and it worked beautiful on these 2 fw and way much much better than CT original fw.

I have a question for you both before I try to load a totally different fw to CT to make sure that it will be OK after installed and it will not brick the CT is that:
I want to load this fw version HD2 1.12.06 rev3 from the
http://www.moservices.org/forum/view...885d2c&start=0 to my CT.
I have tried to load 2 different fw to CT and it works fine and just wondering that this fw from the 'moService" will be fine too. Please let me know if you think this is OK to do so.

Again, thank you so, so much for all your support...
Old 01-31-2011, 02:08 AM

@hp_92117
You cannot install any other foreign firmware on your device if it's not designed for it.
You can "brick" your device permanently.
If the instructions does not say cinematube, don't install it...it is safer for you. You can wait until somebody with more experience will try it
Old 01-31-2011, 05:08 AM

@LunaDigital: Read Only (or just ask pre-sales questions) in Mede8er's forums.

Easy Connect to your Win7 shares using guest account

Yes, you can go back to BV's firmwares anytime.
Old 01-31-2011, 10:46 AM

First let me say thanks so much for those posting the alternate Firmwares for the Cinematube. If you helped design or code them then double thanks but even if you just posted links to work someone else did. Thanks just the same.

The Medi8er firmware basically makes the CT exactly like a Medi8er from what I can tell.

The Romanian ACRyan one I like the best except for a couple of things. The majority of the apps and links, etc. are in Russian or Romanian.

I have no idea how to remove them or replace them with US/English versions. Is there a userguide for the ACRyan one? Can I just use the ACRyan regular manuals to figure out all the stuff or is it customized enough that I won't be able to get it to work?

Most of the links to live channels, etc. that show up don't work for me. The BBC links, etc. all say Unable to Play so I'm assuming it's because those are coded to work outside the US and not in the US.

Any direction anyone can give me to customizing that AC Ryan version would be awesome.

Thanks.
Old 01-31-2011, 03:14 PM

well...cstroman, I'm afraid that you have to figure it out by yourself. Most of the scripts besides the regular xml language are written in php.
Old 01-31-2011, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan35 View Post

@LunaDigital: Read Only (or just ask pre-sales questions) in Mede8er's forums.

Easy Connect to your Win7 shares using guest account

Yes, you can go back to BV's firmwares anytime.

I finally did figure it out. Not to keen on some of the new button mapping but overall it is cool. I just wish I knew how to use the movie jukebox.
Old 02-02-2011, 12:56 PM
Advanced Member

There is a known issue with these units.

If you have a Motorola cable box: a Motorola (from a remote) signal, turns on the CinemaTube (if it is off).

This bug has been known for more then a year. There seems to be no solution.

Can you imagine the inconvenience? For your cable remote to not turn on your brite-view box, you must unplug your bright-view after each use.

Buy something else.
Old 02-07-2011, 08:46 PM

hey guys-- anyone else trying to load either of the custom firmwares on an older (14/16) unit? I'm having no luck here-- just goes through the update, gives me the brite-view splash, then turns off. Looks like I'm going to need to go back to the crappy older firmware again...
Old 02-09-2011, 03:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lessbones View Post

hey guys-- anyone else trying to load either of the custom firmwares on an older (14/16) unit? I'm having no luck here-- just goes through the update, gives me the brite-view splash, then turns off. Looks like I'm going to need to go back to the crappy older firmware again...

I also have an older 14/16 box, but haven't tried it and don't plan to. A friend of mine also has the older box and tried it a few days ago. He says it works fine with the Medi8er f/w. He accomplished this as above instructions i.e. pull the AC cord, press on the power button on the CT.....and keep it pressed down while putting the AC plug back in.....for 10 seconds........it should re-boot a couple of times as it installs the f/w. Did you see the progress bar as it loaded the f/w from your usb stick?
Old 02-09-2011, 10:18 AM

Does the AC Ryan firmware have a feature like the Video Wall on the mede8er firmware? I really like this feature it makes getting to my network movies quick and easy but I would also like youtube.
Old 02-09-2011, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by giddy169 View Post

Does the AC Ryan firmware have a feature like the Video Wall on the mede8er firmware? I really like this feature it makes getting to my network movies quick and easy but I would also like youtube.

It does, but for the life of me I can't get it to work. IF you install it and get it work, please put some instructions on how to do so because I can't seem to find anything on line in the way of a user guide that explains it.
Old 02-10-2011, 08:58 AM

Thanks for the reply. It isn't bad with the mede8er firmware so maybe I will stick to that. If you movies are on the network you have to make a shortcut by using the blue button if I remember correctly on the remote. Then after you made your shortcut you just have to push the blue button the folder you want to add to the wall and select the wall icon.
Old 02-12-2011, 10:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
First I like the Brite-View because its one of the few that supports BT and Media Severs like PlayOn and TVersity.

I have this player listed as a device to use for this season's American Le Mans Series coverage that will be only available on ESPN3 (Flag to Flag). You can access ESPN3 via PlayOn (and TVersity but its a bit unclear on their forums).

Before I suggest this, I thought about buying one.

I can get either one, I have a Buffalo Internet Converter (basically a bridge with four Ethernet ports)

Its also one of the few feature rich media players that work with older CRT's.

Is there anything I should be aware of?

A. Thomas -
GSN: djfourmoney
'03 SRT-4 12.74@106 in the 1/4
PSN - DJFourMoney
Old 02-15-2011, 01:02 PM

Hello people, the man from Romania did another version of the firmware for cinematube 5005HD, with many changes inside : http://www.mediafire.com/?d4m4mrn1r3cz21r
Old 02-16-2011, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj4monie View Post
First I like the Brite-View because its one of the few that supports BT and Media Severs like PlayOn and TVersity.

I have this player listed as a device to use for this season's American Le Mans Series coverage that will be only available on ESPN3 (Flag to Flag). You can access ESPN3 via PlayOn (and TVersity but its a bit unclear on their forums).

Before I suggest this, I thought about buying one.

I can get either one, I have a Buffalo Internet Converter (basically a bridge with four Ethernet ports)

Its also one of the few feature rich media players that work with older CRT's.

Is there anything I should be aware of?
Playon works well for the most part on cinematube, but not all plugins and features work. In my case, ESPN3 does not work. I have tried many things but playon has indicated to me they believe it is a limitation of the cinematube.

Still a great box, but don't bet on ESPN3 functionality.
Old 02-16-2011, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Hello people, the man from Romania did another version of the firmware for cinematube 5005HD, with many changes inside : http://www.mediafire.com/?d4m4mrn1r3cz21r
i downloaded and flashed this firmware. has some nice features.

Most of the internet content doesn't work for me. Thoughts?

Also, how do you get the torrent feature to work with this?

Finally, is there a forum or website one can go to read about this firmwares features and instructions on use?

Thanks!
Old 02-17-2011, 02:56 AM

Small fix for r4824 revision4 available here : http://brite-viewforum.com/viewtopic...1&p=7675#p7675
Old 02-17-2011, 01:21 PM

The mede8er firmware is great, thanks. I was on the verge of scrapping my CT, but this has definitely bought it some time. One question: I can't figure out how to create playlists using the CT remote or a Logitech Harmony 700. Any help?
Old 02-17-2011, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipboy View Post

The mede8er firmware is great, thanks. I was on the verge of scrapping my CT, but this has definitely bought it some time. One question: I can't figure out how to create playlists using the CT remote or a Logitech Harmony 700. Any help?

MAKING MULTIPLE M3U PLAYLIST'S
The Mede8er supports m3u playlist files that can be easily generated when the unit is connected to your PC via USB or Samba Network. You can use any 3rd party programs to make your custom playlist's and we recommend Playlist Creator 3.6.2 as it is free and works well. In the case of Playlist Creator 3.6.2 you must make the following changes under settings - change Saving Playlist Entries to Relative. The m3u playlists will work on the internal Hard Drive, USB Drive or Network Share

NOTE: The Playlist file ie xxx.m3u must be saved to any folder on the same drive as the music source files. The xxx.m3u will not work if you save it to the root directory of a Hard Drive. We suggest you make a PLAYLIST folder and save all your playlists in this folder.Playlist Creator 3.6.2 can be downloaded free of charge from oddgravity.com
Old 02-25-2011, 04:10 PM

Very curious to try this... as the firmware on CT is pretty weak.

But I do not want to brick my box.

If this doesnt work, how can I get the old firmware back on the box?

Also, just to verify, this is for the original cinematube BV-5005HD, not the mini right?

Thanks

Quote:

The firmware is available (url removed)
Remember, your player will not suffer, no harm done if you try it, you just have to install it like you installed the latest beta firmwares from brite-view.
I forgot to tell you that this firmware is for cinematube 5005hd.
(url removed)Enjoy it

Old 02-25-2011, 05:08 PM

Went ahead and installed the custom firmware listed above.
Install went super easy and works great.
Only problem is it was flickering on my tv after install. I had to find my way to setup and change video settings to something that wouldnt flicker. Not an easy thing to do, but once I did it, looks great now.
Tested youtube real quick, got a video to work.
Got wifi to work.
Browsed my shared library of movies on my pc and started a movie..works great.
Also love that you can jump through the movie to a specific part... a big feature missing on CT's original firmware.
Now I need to explore and find what other features I can add.
Thanks alot!
cj
Old 03-02-2011, 09:13 PM

Installed the mede8er firmware, but the remote didn't seem to function. I also use a jp1 capable universal remote, but it also didn't work with the mede8er firmware. Had to revert back to cinematube IPB10106251 firmware. Am I missing something?

Thanks
Old 03-07-2011, 07:02 AM

New cinematube bv5005hd custom firmware based on mede8er med400x v4.0.4 (3 march 2011).
Download available here : http://www.mediafire.com/?r9ivlgev4255fr8