Dune HD Base 3.0 and Prime 3.0 on Sigma 8642 in Q4 2009 - Page 19 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #541 of 6075 Old 12-17-2009, 10:23 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 15
SUBTITLES DOES work correctly!!!!! I'm watching friday the 13th blu-ray iso streaming from my hp mediasmart server ex495 without any hicups. Im glad i upgrade my processor on my server. i install intel core 2 duo E8500 3.1GHZ processor. this processor is really fast on my server. hell i can have multiple hd streams coming out of my hp mediasmart server without any hiccups. this processor is a beast when it comes to streaming hd content through the house. I can rip a bluray movie and stream at the same time without any slow down on my server. im a happy camper now. thanks mike from duneplayer.com for hooking me up with my dune player!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #542 of 6075 Old 12-17-2009, 11:39 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by rojames30 View Post

SUBTITLES DOES work correctly!!!!! I'm watching friday the 13th blu-ray iso streaming from my hp mediasmart server ex495 without any hicups. Im glad i upgrade my processor on my server. i install intel core 2 duo E8500 3.1GHZ processor. this processor is really fast on my server. hell i can have multiple hd streams coming out of my hp mediasmart server without any hiccups. this processor is a beast when it comes to streaming hd content through the house. I can rip a bluray movie and stream at the same time without any slow down on my server. im a happy camper now. thanks mike from duneplayer.com for hooking me up with my dune player!!!!!

LOL, now I am bummed, been trying to see my movies that setting on a hp mediasmart server and it is like they do not exist. Did you have to set up anything on the Dune player to make this happen or is it all in the configuration of the hp mediasmart server?

thanks
post #543 of 6075 Old 12-17-2009, 11:48 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrolmstd View Post

LOL, now I am bummed, been trying to see my movies that setting on a hp mediasmart server and it is like they do not exist. Did you have to set up anything on the Dune player to make this happen or is it all in the configuration of the hp mediasmart server?

thanks

Did you set up a smb share? I don't have a dune but do have the PCH C-200. I have SMB and NFS streaming from my WHS to my C-200, shoudl be the same for the dune.

Cheers,
Damian

MSS.net blog (contributing editor) - http://www.mediasmartserver.net

Windows Entertainment and Connected Home MVP 2010-2012

post #544 of 6075 Old 12-17-2009, 12:07 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I'm local to Digital Connections, so dropped by and they did not have the Base. Nice folks. I picked up a Prime from them. I'm new to MP world so I don't know much.

Anyway, I was able to get some ripped Blurays and DVDs to try out. I got really bad studdering and realized I had my setup streaming at 1Gig, which was considered "experimental" on the Dune player. I changed the setting back to 10/100 and studdering was gone.....
post #545 of 6075 Old 12-17-2009, 12:09 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maison View Post

Anyway, I was able to get some ripped Blurays and DVDs to try out. I got really bad studdering and realized I had my setup streaming at 1Gig, which was considered "experimental" on the Dune player. I changed the setting back to 10/100 and studdering was gone.....

This the issue many people have with the PCH C-200 as well. I believe it is a Sigma issue

Cheers,
Damian

post #546 of 6075 Old 12-17-2009, 12:16 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killroy View Post

Where did you get your player from again?

LOL! I literally chuckled out loud after reading this! I also liked how he answered you too!
post #547 of 6075 Old 12-17-2009, 12:19 PM

i install i program called allegro nfs on my whs. this program allow me to create nfs shares for my dune base player.
post #548 of 6075 Old 12-17-2009, 12:23 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:

i had to enable in flow control my switch. before the change i was only getting 2MB/s of speed. so after i enable the flow control my speed between the dune player and the server just from 2MB/S To 12MB/S. no stuttering no more. I can stream blu-ray to 3 devices whatout any hiccups.

The flow control, is that on the Dune player setting? I'm at work now so I can't try it out. Thanks!!
post #549 of 6075 Old 12-17-2009, 12:28 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

i install i program called allegro nfs on my whs. this program allow me to create nfs shares for my dune base player.

You can also install nfs in WHS using Microsofts free Unix software (see my writeup here - http://www.mediasmartserver.net/2009...up-nfs-in-whs/)

Cheers,
Damian

post #550 of 6075 Old 12-17-2009, 12:50 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1158 Post(s)
Liked: 875
Quote:

i have my dune 3.0 base player, i can tell you that this player can load bluray isos very fast!!!!!!!!. it takes about 5 to 10 secs to load a bluray isos from my server. also its comes with an 2GB thumb drive for storage. I've already added a 2TB 3.5 hard drive to my base player. it also shows the cover art and film info too. i really like this player alot. it does everything i want it to do. I also hook up an ext usb blu-ray drive into its usb 2.0 ports. the player automatic detect the drive and media!!!!!

Isn't 5 to 10 seconds normal, with 10 seconds being on the slow end?
I know with my PCs it's definitely under 5 seconds to load a BD iso and with the Xtreamer it's probably 5 to 7 seconds.

53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3--32TB unRAID1a
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
post #551 of 6075 Old 12-17-2009, 12:54 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:

Having the dual processor doesn't do much for streaming but it does for encoding. Even my EX470 with the original cpu(before I upgraded to the 2.6Ghz CPU) could handle many multiple HD streams. There isn't to much processing involved with a few slow HD streams from a BD iso. The EX470 with stock CPU has no difficulty getting 250mbs speeds from the WHS.
I know even with my EX470 which has the 2.6Ghz athlon I have no issues ripping two BD titles simultaneously to the WHS and also streaming other BD iso content silmultaneously to my xtreamer and to a PC. Although I have not tested what the limit is.

LED DLP
post #552 of 6075 Old 12-17-2009, 01:10 PM

agree, i rather have more processing power than not enough.
post #553 of 6075 Old 12-17-2009, 01:55 PM
Advanced Member

Update - All were my TV issues. Turns out I had some Samsung AnyNet software turned on that was causing the issues.

I do still have a high pitched whining sound out of the BD drive when playing discs.

What is with the Channel 111 flashing before and after watching something and returning to the menu?
Is that the Prime or my TV?
I have never seen that, so I assumed it might be the Dune player.

Also, I can play TS and TIVO files from a shared drive off my PC, but when I play an ISO, it is static on the screen and says Weak or No Signal, but the audio plays.

Jeff
post #554 of 6075 Old 12-17-2009, 02:10 PM

ok so I just got my prime. Mainly I've been having probs.

1) So far have been unable to connect to my NAS. I can browse the SMB share, workgroup and open the NAS but when I try to access the movies folder I get a "network resource is not accessible" error. The folders are not password protected and I tried the admin user name and password without success. I have at least 10 other devices that connect to the nas regularly without problem. I can browse the NAS from my other media streamers and computers. The nas itself is a readynasNV with 4TB o data

2) I can access shares on my other computers but the network speeds are super slow. There are long delays to start files and all the high def files stutter after less than 30 seconds

Any ideas

My network is a gigabit lan with a netgear switch and router.

K
post #555 of 6075 Old 12-17-2009, 02:14 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:

agree, i rather have more processing power than not enough.

Yes more is always better. Having a dual core processor allows the WHS to do many more things than I could with my single core Athlon. Plus the new HP WHS boxes can use a 5 bay external box with the port multiplier so you can have more storage for BD ISO titles to play on the Base or Prime.

LED DLP
post #556 of 6075 Old 12-17-2009, 02:22 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post

Yes more is always better. Having a dual core processor allows the WHS to do many more things than I could with my single core Athlon. Plus the new HP WHS boxes can use a 5 bay external box with the port multiplier so you can have more storage for BD ISO titles to play on the Base or Prime.

Ageed. I just built a dual core WHS after having an EX470 and definitely a nice jump. I got my dad set up with the EX495 + TR5M as well

Cheers,
Damian

post #557 of 6075 Old 12-17-2009, 04:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 14
So I've been following this thread since its first post. I was interested at first, but was really leaning towards the PCH C-200 because I like the YAMJ interface. After more research and the sluggish release quality of the C-200, I'm now leaning towards the Dune. That with the fact it can display MyMovies data (anybody have screen shots of this?).

My questions are:

1) Are the differences between the base and prime just the blu-ray drive?
2) Can both models bit-stream or decode lossless HD audio from networked media like a mts or m2ts file? I don't care about ISOs.
post #558 of 6075 Old 12-17-2009, 07:10 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejhuzy View Post

So I've been following this thread since its first post. I was interested at first, but was really leaning towards the PCH C-200 because I like the YAMJ interface. After more research and the sluggish release quality of the C-200, I'm now leaning towards the Dune. That with the fact it can display MyMovies data (anybody have screen shots of this?).

My questions are:

1) Are the differences between the base and prime just the blu-ray drive?
2) Can both models bit-stream or decode lossless HD audio from networked media like a mts or m2ts file? I don't care about ISOs.

Question #1-no its also 100$ differences (only kidding,yes they same)

Question #2 yes option Flack .
post #559 of 6075 Old 12-17-2009, 07:28 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kupermanp View Post

ok so I just got my prime. Mainly I've been having probs.

1) So far have been unable to connect to my NAS. I can browse the SMB share, workgroup and open the NAS but when I try to access the movies folder I get a "network resource is not accessible" error. The folders are not password protected and I tried the admin user name and password without success. I have at least 10 other devices that connect to the nas regularly without problem. I can browse the NAS from my other media streamers and computers. The nas itself is a readynasNV with 4TB o data

2) I can access shares on my other computers but the network speeds are super slow. There are long delays to start files and all the high def files stutter after less than 30 seconds

Any ideas

My network is a gigabit lan with a netgear switch and router.

K

Read post #544,I think you have same problem with "experimental" 1Gb.
post #560 of 6075 Old 12-17-2009, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike:SH View Post

Read post #544,I think you have same problem with "experimental" 1Gb.

Thanks for the advice but that was the first thing I checked and it set to 10/100

K
post #561 of 6075 Old 12-17-2009, 08:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Thanks for the advice but that was the first thing I checked and it set to 10/100

K

Are you just using the network browser, or did you create a share in the Dune?
post #562 of 6075 Old 12-17-2009, 09:03 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsjames View Post

Update -

Also, I can play TS and TIVO files from a shared drive off my PC, but when I play an ISO, it is static on the screen and says Weak or No Signal, but the audio plays.[/i]

You can stream files off you TivoHD to your pc,and stream those files back to the Dune (in their native Tivo wrapper, or have the files been decrypted and the Tivo wrapper removed, leaving a regular mpeg2 file?
post #563 of 6075 Old 12-17-2009, 09:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 14
I put an post-it note on my door with the tracking number and my signature (which they have accepted before), but they still gave me an exception notice. I then call them up and say I want to pick it up, and they call back and say that I can pick it up from 8pm - 9pm. Well, they could not get my package until like 10pm (and I was there at 8pm). After that I did a little Christmas shopping (I know I could have gone home), but I don't think I'll get to fiddle with the Prime until Saturday as I have a company party tomorrow.

Oh well, I guess I waited this long, 2 more days won't matter........
post #564 of 6075 Old 12-17-2009, 10:06 PM

Went through all this with duneplayer.com. Mike told me that in his opinion SMB is not the best method for doing high bitrate stuff. He had me install allegro NFS, configured it with me on the phone, and I was up and perfect in 5 min. He said you MUST select UDP, and reminded me several times Linux is case sensative. Forward slash must be there, and use the IP for the server name.

Cheers!
post #565 of 6075 Old 12-17-2009, 11:08 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 468LS1Vette View Post

Went through all this with duneplayer.com. Mike told me that in his opinion SMB is not the best method for doing high bitrate stuff. He had me install allegro NFS, configured it with me on the phone, and I was up and perfect in 5 min. He said you MUST select UDP, and reminded me several times Linux is case sensative. Forward slash must be there, and use the IP for the server name.

Cheers!

I have similar positive information also. Using UDP protocol wth NFS and so far (just one flick) has been a good thing. I got the same personal help right over the phone. I'll be burning the player in hopefully over the weekend and fingers crossed for all good news. Thanks.
post #566 of 6075 Old 12-18-2009, 12:02 AM

Man, looks like you guys are working hard to get this to work the way you want it to.

I'm just watching directly from hard drive and external hard drive. I'm not going to have to go through all the network set-up you guys are doing, right?
post #567 of 6075 Old 12-18-2009, 03:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kei Clark View Post

Are you just using the network browser, or did you create a share in the Dune?

I am currently using the network browser as trying to make a direct share did not work out. I got an unable to connect error. I have tried making shares using both smb and nfs (both udp and tcp). my readynas is already nfs enabled. I have rebooted the whole network as well but that didn't do much for me either

I'm going to try and make a new share with password protection and see if that works, but so far I've been less than impressed. Even playing a blu-ray disk itself (inglorious bastards) there was considerable delay selecting menu items (like 30 sec from the time the navigation button is pushed to when it does something. makes chapter selection impossible). Load time was also pretty slow. It loads to the menu pretty quick but it took 5 minutes to start the movie once selected.

k
post #568 of 6075 Old 12-18-2009, 05:45 AM

Quote:

I am currently using the network browser as trying to make a direct share did not work out. I got an unable to connect error. I have tried making shares using both smb and nfs (both udp and tcp). my readynas is already nfs enabled. I have rebooted the whole network as well but that didn't do much for me either

I'm going to try and make a new share with password protection and see if that works, but so far I've been less than impressed. Even playing a blu-ray disk itself (inglorious bastards) there was considerable delay selecting menu items (like 30 sec from the time the navigation button is pushed to when it does something. makes chapter selection impossible). Load time was also pretty slow. It loads to the menu pretty quick but it took 5 minutes to start the movie once selected.

k

If trying to connect via smb try using the share name as the username and no password, that worked for me. The network browser won't work for NFS. For this I just added a network folder from the main page. When setting up the NFS folder I used the ReadyNas ip address for the server name and for the folder I used a leading '/' and the name of the share.
post #569 of 6075 Old 12-18-2009, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aronsonstack View Post

Man, looks like you guys are working hard to get this to work the way you want it to.

I'm just watching directly from hard drive and external hard drive. I'm not going to have to go through all the network set-up you guys are doing, right?

Welcome to my party! I am only using the dune with attached usb hard drives and so far everything looks good . I have not hooked it up downstairs to my projector yet, but i have been playing tru-hd and dts-hd audio and it looks damn good. Looking forward to 2 week break from work and messing with it some more.
post #570 of 6075 Old 12-18-2009, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 468LS1Vette View Post

Cheers!

What is and where did you install allegro NFS -- Dune or your media server?

I can not get SMB to work but it sounds like I do not want to go in that direction anyway. NFS attemps (regardless of options used) result in Dune hanging requiring a system reboot to get out of it.

I did find out that I can browse the network to the media server but what shows up as the video directory is really the converted video directory. I copied a couple of movies there and could see/play the file from there but no MyMovie love to be seen.

What I want to be able to do is to map server/directory to a new main page option. Click on it and have MyMovies work it magic so I am presented with cover art not file names but this is still a work in progress.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Tags
Dune Hd Base3d Media Player , Xbox 360 Console , Popcorn Hour C 200 Networked Media Tank Black

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page