Seagate's New Networked HD Media Player (WDTV2's Competitor) - Page 13 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #361 of 366 Old 06-28-2011, 10:54 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquaholik View Post

I updated to 2.23 via online update. It works fine for both of my FAT+ via wired or wireless.

The good:

The Iphone remote app is cool, no more remote lag. Audio dropout and scratchy audio via HDMI seems to be fixed( I was updating from 1.55)

The bad:

Windows 7 checkdisk issue. Every time I connect a Freeagent Go or GoFlex drive to the FAT+ and then powering it down to disconnect it. I would get a checkdisk prompt when I connect the hard drive to my windows 7 machine although it never finds anything after running checkdisk.

I just updated mine. I was a bit skittish as I had read the only advantage was netflix and I have mine in my car and don't use neflix with it.

Ironically I have found 2.23 handles external drives better, not worse, than the older firmware.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #362 of 366 Old 07-08-2011, 08:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
How does this compare to the WD? PQ, file support, speed, etc?

thx

bob
post #363 of 366 Old 07-08-2011, 12:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 307
Quote:
Originally Posted by spongebob View Post
How does this compare to the WD? PQ, file support, speed, etc?
It doesn't hold a candle to the WD Live +. I started with the FAT+ because at the time it was the only player with Netflix. While DVD.iso playback over a network with full menu support is flawless, full bitrate BD.m2ts playback can only be done from an attached HDD (and the Seagate offers no network maintenance of an attached HDD). The FAT+/GoFlex TV have a Realtek chipset and do not have the network chops to stream BD.m2ts from a NAS -- even using DLNA. I moved from this to the Live+ and with the current firmware the Live+ is head and shoulders above for a lower price.

And the Netflix interface on the Live+ is the new v3 interface that allows searching for content and managing your instant play list from the unit without having to use a PC.

- kelson h

The bitterness of poor quality lasts long after the sweetness of the low price is forgotten . . . life is too short to drink bad wine

post #364 of 366 Old 02-12-2012, 11:20 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
If I use an attached drive and rip BD to it will I be able to get the HD Audio or is it a limitation in general of the device? is there anyway to get HD audio to work from rip at all?
post #365 of 366 Old 02-29-2012, 04:16 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My brother in-law just gave me this player. I couldn't find the eject button for usb hard drive like on WDTV. So how do you guys eject the drive safely?
post #366 of 366 Old 02-29-2012, 06:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 307
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVS66 View Post

My brother in-law just gave me this player. I couldn't find the eject button for usb hard drive like on WDTV. So how do you guys eject the drive safely?

Turn the unit off before removing the USB drive.

- kelson h

The bitterness of poor quality lasts long after the sweetness of the low price is forgotten . . . life is too short to drink bad wine

Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page