Official Codec/Container Test Videos - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 46 Old 04-27-2010, 01:57 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Test results for the HDX-Bone.

Notably it played the killa sample without a problem and seems to support more audio formats than the published specs.

Note that all these results are for video played off the hard disk and delivered to a stereo TV by HDMI. I'll do more tests for HD-Audio passthrough later and post them on one of my sites.

Any Bone questions or any files you want testing please ask here or in the Bone thread.

* M2TS: Standard 1080p M2TS ripped from a blu-ray - PLAYED PERFECTLY
* WMV9: 1080p WMV9 video with 5.1 WMA audio - PLAYED PERFECTLY
* HDTV: 1080i 60hz HDTV rip - PLAYED NO SOUND
* AVCHD: 1080p M2TS from a Sony HD camcorder - PLAYED PERFECTLY
* Improper encode: The infamous Planet Earth clip with an absurd 16 reframes - PLAYED PERFECTLY
* DTS: Standard DTS 5.1 audio - PLAYED PERFECTLY
* DTS-MA: 7.1 DTS-MA lossless audio - PLAYED PERFECTLY.
* Dolby TrueHD: 7.1 lossless TrueHD audio - PLAYED PERFECTLY
* MP4: Apple trailer with 9 reframes and AAC audio - PLAYED PERFECTLY
* 5.1 FLAC + SSA: Multichannel FLAC audio and SSA subs including complex styles and transitions - PLAYED PERFECTLY
* RMVB: Real Video variable bitrate Unknown if it is RM9 or RM10, as they both use the same header (RV40) - PLAYED PERFECTLY

iboum.com
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 46 Old 04-27-2010, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabriciogcbh View Post

Teste com CinemaTube / Test CinemaTube

resolução de 720p / resolution 720p
firmware IPB10102111,
10-04-2010
Adaptador USB/SATA-IDE, HD externo Seagate 80Gb (USB 2.0)

@fabriciogcbh : thanks a bunch! This is exactly what I was looking for. I only have one problem - the thread starter didn't list what version of SSA he's using. The reason this is important is that SSA underwent a major revision as of 4.0 (now better known as Advanced SubStation Alpha, or ASS for short) and it is not backwards compatible. I'm downloading the files now to check what subtitle stream they're using, but it would've been nice if this info was in the post.
post #33 of 46 Old 04-27-2010, 10:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Can someone please test with a Popcorn Hour A200 or C200. Thanks, very useful thread.

HD Media Keen Videosaurus
post #34 of 46 Old 04-27-2010, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by candre23 View Post

EDIT: I have been informed that the drop.io links no longer work. You can get the entire collection in two parts here: part 1, part 2

All current-generation streamers can play standard encodes with ease. They'll all do Divx/Xvid and h.264 DVD rips with AC3 or MP3 audio. Nearly all will do reasonable BD rips as well. It's only when you get to the really high-end encodes or uncommon stuff that you can run into compatibility issues.

Below is a collection of test files to determine the limits of a given device. I've tried to cover all the bases, but if something is missing, please let me know. All files have been uploaded to drop.io because they're one of the few file hosts that doesn't have annoying transfer limits, capchas or timers. Once I'm sure there's nothing worth testing that isn't included, I'll bundle it up into one big pack.
  • M2TS: Standard 1080p M2TS ripped from a blu-ray - link
  • DVR-MS: Microsoft's old proprietary TV recording format - link
  • WMV9: 1080p WMV9 video with 5.1 WMA audio - link
  • HDTV: 1080i 60hz HDTV rip, no audio - link
  • AVCHD: 1080p M2TS from a Sony HD camcorder - link
  • Improper encode: The infamous Planet Earth clip with an absurd 16 reframes. The bird scene stutters even on high end PCs - part1 part2
  • DTS: Standard DTS 5.1 audio link
  • DTS-MA: 7.1 DTS-MA lossless audio - link
  • Dolby TrueHD: 7.1 lossless TrueHD audio - link
  • MP4: 1080p L5.0 Apple trailer with 9 reframes and AAC audio - link
  • 5.1 FLAC + SSA: Multichannel FLAC audio and SSA subs including complex styles and transitions - part1 part2 part3 part4
  • OGG: 720p Ogg Theora video with Vorbis audio - link
  • RMVB: Real Video variable bitrate. Unknown if it is RM9 or RM10, as they both use the same header (RV40) - link
  • TRP: 1080p Kaon DVB Transport Stream with dual AC3 audio - link
  • UTF-8: MKV with the following UTF-8 SRT sub tracks: Arabic, Chinese, English, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Thai, Turkish and Vietnamese - link
  • Deinterlacing: 1080i test pattern to determine deinterlacing capabilities (see here for details) - link

If anybody can point me to small (under 300MB if possible) DVD and BD ISOs with menus and/or a short clip with 7.1 FLAC, I'd love to add them.

I checked the SSA file that you posted - indeed, it does actually contain SSA v4.0 subs (aka ASS). You might want to add that information to the post, as many players do not list that they support 4.0, as it is very different from earlier versions.
post #35 of 46 Old 07-16-2010, 02:35 PM

Quote:

EDIT: I have been informed that the drop.io links no longer work. You can get the entire collection in two parts here: part 1, part 2

All current-generation streamers can play standard encodes with ease. They'll all do Divx/Xvid and h.264 DVD rips with AC3 or MP3 audio. Nearly all will do reasonable BD rips as well. It's only when you get to the really high-end encodes or uncommon stuff that you can run into compatibility issues.

Here is what is included in this collection of test files to determine the limits of a given device. I've tried to cover all the bases, but if something is missing, please let me know.
  • M2TS: Standard 1080p M2TS ripped from a blu-ray
  • DVR-MS: Microsoft's old proprietary TV recording format
  • WMV9: 1080p WMV9 video with 5.1 WMA audio
  • HDTV: 1080i 60hz HDTV rip, no audio
  • AVCHD: 1080p M2TS from a Sony HD camcorder
  • Improper encode: The infamous Planet Earth clip with an absurd 16 reframes. The bird scene stutters even on high end PCs
  • DTS: Standard DTS 5.1 audio
  • DTS-MA: 7.1 DTS-MA lossless audio
  • Dolby TrueHD: 7.1 lossless TrueHD audio
  • MP4: 1080p L5.0 Apple trailer with 9 reframes and AAC audio
  • 5.1 FLAC + SSA: Multichannel FLAC audio and SSA (ASS 4.0) subs including complex styles and transitions
  • OGG: 720p Ogg Theora video with Vorbis audio
  • RMVB: Real Video variable bitrate. Unknown if it is RM9 or RM10, as they both use the same header (RV40)
  • TRP: 1080p Kaon DVB Transport Stream with dual AC3 audio
  • UTF-8: MKV with the following UTF-8 SRT sub tracks: Arabic, Chinese, English, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Thai, Turkish and Vietnamese
  • Deinterlacing: 1080i test pattern to determine deinterlacing capabilities (see here for details)

If anybody can point me to small (under 300MB if possible) DVD and BD ISOs with menus and/or a short clip with 7.1 FLAC, I'd love to add them.

Wow... Thanks! I'm going to use them to test out my Nixeus Fusion HD...
post #36 of 46 Old 07-21-2010, 07:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 208 Post(s)
Liked: 252
Quote:

These?
http://www.gimell.com/musicstore-dow...est-files.aspx

Downloadable FREE demo discs:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Did you really need to quote that entire post in your reply?
post #37 of 46 Old 07-23-2010, 05:18 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 704 Post(s)
Liked: 733
I was able to download the second set of test files but everytime I tried the first set, it stop parted way through.

I'm trying the second set on the PopBox.

39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3

XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

post #38 of 46 Old 07-23-2010, 12:43 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastButNotLeast View Post

These?
http://www.gimell.com/musicstore-dow...est-files.aspx

They have 5.1, but no 7.1. There is already an MKV with 5.1 FLAC in the collection, so I don't really need another.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post

I was able to download the second set of test files but everytime I tried the first set, it stop parted way through.

Mediafire is flaky sometimes. It's free, so I can't exactly complain. I know others have successfully downloaded both parts, so maybe just try again later.
post #39 of 46 Old 07-24-2010, 06:08 PM

Can anyone verify these test files have no viruses and spyware or may brick my media players? I haven't downloaded them and tested them yet....Thanks!
post #40 of 46 Old 07-25-2010, 04:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgvZ4roadster View Post

Can anyone verify these test files have no viruses and spyware or may brick my media players? I haven't downloaded them and tested them yet....Thanks!

they are video files..no, they dont have those things.
post #41 of 46 Old 08-03-2010, 07:28 PM

Here are my results using a Viewsonic NexTV VMP75 with firmware v.1.13.05.21. All files were tested streaming over wired Ethernet from shared Windows folder (SMB share). VMP75 connected directly to LG 47LH90 with HDMI cable.
  • M2TS: Standard 1080p M2TS ripped from a blu-ray - (8.3mbps-1080p-30fps-L4.1-3ref.m2ts) - Played perfectly.
  • DVR-MS: Microsoft's old proprietary TV recording format (6mbps-480i-MPEG-ASF.dvr-ms) - The file is invisible to the player.
  • WMV9: 1080p WMV9 video with 5.1 WMA audio - (8mbps-1080p-24fps-WMV9-6chWMA.wmv) - Played perfectly.
  • HDTV: 1080i 60hz HDTV rip - (10mbps-1080i-60fps-L5.1-8ref-HDTV.mkv) - Played perfectly, but no audio.
  • AVCHD: 1080p M2TS from a Sony HD camcorder - (11.6mbps-1080p-AVCHD-Sony-Camcorder.m2ts) - Played perfectly.
  • Improper encode: The infamous Planet Earth clip with an absurd 16 reframes. The bird scene stutters even on high end PCs - (19mbps-1080p-24fps-L5.1-16ref-improper.mkv) - Played almost perfectly. There is almost unoticeable stuttering at the very beginning of the clip, one noticeable but very short (~0.5 second?) in the middle of the bird scene.
  • DTS: Standard DTS 5.1 audio - (10.2mbps-1080p-24fps-L4.1-5ref-DTS.mkv) - Played perfectly, you can choose between 2 audio tracks.
  • DTS-MA: 7.1 DTS-MA lossless audio - (28mbps-L4.1-DTS-MA.m2ts) - Player perfectly. Sound is reported as DTS-HD 6ch 48KHz.
  • Dolby TrueHD: 7.1 lossless TrueHD audio - (30mbps-L4.1-TrueHD.m2ts) - Played perfectly, but no audio. The audio track was recognized by the player as TrueHD 6ch 48KHz 640Kbps. According to the manual "Media Player does not decode audio with DTS format, but pass through to S/PDIF for external AV amplifier". Would it bitstream TrueHD? Unfortunately, I don't have a reciever to test this.
  • MP4: Apple trailer with 9 reframes and AAC audio - (4377kbps-1080p-24fps-L5.0-9ref-AAC.mp4) - Played with issues. Static scenes are fine but any movements bring heavy video artifacts. Audio is fine.
  • 5.1 FLAC + SSA: Multichannel FLAC audio and SSA subs including complex styles and transitions - (L4.1-8ref-6ch-FLAC-SSAsubs.mkv) - Played perfectly, but no audio. Subs are fine, I can see the outlining of the subs are changing
  • OGG: 720p Ogg Theora video with Vorbis audio - (4.6mbps-720p-30fps-Theora.ogg) - Would not play. 'File not supported' message appears.
  • RMVB: Real Video variable bitrate Unknown if it is RM9 or RM10, as they both use the same header (RV40) - (SD-25fps-RV40.rmvb) - The file is invisible to the player (expected as it's not supported by Sigma chip)
  • TRP: 1080p Kaon DVB Transport Stream with dual AC3 audio - (15mbps-1080p-L4.0-4ref-dualAC3.trp) - Played perfectly with some audio issues. Takes long to start, there is an audio noise for a split moment at start and after there is no sound. If you switch to the second audio track and back to the first one, the audio starts playing with no problems to the end of the file. The second audio track appears to be empty.
  • UTF-8: MKV with the following UTF-8 SRT sub tracks: Arabic, Chinese, English, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Thai, Turkish and Vietnamese - (Multilanguage-UTF8-SRT.mkv) - Played perfectly. All subs are fine except Hindi (6/12) which appears to be missing. Shows empty squares instead of charachters.
  • Deinterlacing: 1080i test pattern to determine deinterlacing capabilitie. - (Slicies MPEG2 NTSC 1080i 2997.ts) - Seems to be Adaptive Deinterlacing
post #43 of 46 Old 01-05-2011, 04:56 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
maybe mkv with header compression should be added to the set ?
some devices do not play this at all.

just use mkvmerge 4.1.0 or newer to create such file.

http://www.bunkus.org/videotools/mkv...al_compression
post #44 of 46 Old 09-15-2012, 12:41 AM

It seems that the links to the test files are dead again. Would really like to have them so would love if someone could put them up somewhere.

Perhaps there are also other test file collections on the net?
post #45 of 46 Old 10-17-2012, 10:56 AM

I would love to get some of these test files,I have given up codec packs for good and gone ffdshow all the way.I use this machine for transcoding and like to keep it clean and with a proper chain.After the megaupload "incident" these links have been seized by the FBI,does anyone have any other links or sites to share?
post #46 of 46 Old 10-17-2012, 11:02 AM

Try these files out...comprehensive list!
http://samples.mplayerhq.hu/
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page