easy way to get dvd cover art for movie poster and info for movie slides. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 09-30-2009, 04:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
FIRST POST GUYS! man i have been reading these forums for a long time now and i have placed an order for a wd tv SO EXCITED,(i have been doing the archos 605 with dvr station way for a while and am ready for hd) got it for 73.00 bucks and it comes with a free hdmi SHWEEET DEAL.

anyways letgs get to the point nicky. so i got a collection of probably 700 movies , (mostly avi's. ARRRRRRRR MI MATEYS) and looking into the homebrew scene and such, is there a program that can automaticy detect movie name files and download dvd covers and movie slide imdb info and such. or do i have to do each one manually. UGHHHHHH PLEASE NOOOOO. and if there is a website to get it all easily and fast where at?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 09-30-2009, 05:11 PM

Nick, the only way I know to add thumbnails is to manually download jpg's from either movieposterdb.com or Google Images. Put them in the appropriate movie folder and rename them. I.E. moviename.avi + moviename.jpg + (if applicable) moviename.srt/sub etc.

There might be a program out there, but personally, I have never heard of one.

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways,
totally worn out, shouting '...holy sh*t ....what a ride!'
post #3 of 8 Old 09-30-2009, 06:07 PM - Thread Starter

oh ok. that's not so bad i guess i dont mind little projects. how exactly does the filenaming go? becuase i have seen different ways. like naming it folder.jpg and not the movie name and some weird stuff. and to generate a movie slide do i download those or do i have to create each one myself? and with what software would i do that.
post #4 of 8 Old 09-30-2009, 06:25 PM

WD TV Media Player uses moviename.avi and moviename.jpg. Also, if you get subtitle files, you will want to name them moviename.srt/sub/ass/ssa (I think those are the only subtitle file extensions WD TV will recognize).

I will tell you in a few days what the Asus O!Play uses. I have one on order that should be here by Friday.

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways,
totally worn out, shouting '...holy sh*t ....what a ride!'
post #5 of 8 Old 09-30-2009, 06:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derelict_Drvr View Post

Nick, the only way I know to add thumbnails is to manually download jpg's from either movieposterdb.com or Google Images. Put them in the appropriate movie folder and rename them. I.E. moviename.avi + moviename.jpg + (if applicable) moviename.srt/sub etc.

There might be a program out there, but personally, I have never heard of one.

There are tons of programs like Ember which is designed for XBMC that will do exactly that and more.... sounds like if thats all you need ember, or media companion or media info plus would do what you need....

http://xbmc.org/forum/showthread.php?t=50348

Sean
post #6 of 8 Old 09-30-2009, 06:53 PM - Thread Starter

thanks sean, my best friends name is sean, but spelled shawn anyways i am using ember, and it loaded all ma mobies. but it didnt automatically load anything else like cover art and stuff, it just says no media found. i am trying a couple of things ill probably figure it out but whatever if you could tell me b4 i figure it out its all good.
post #7 of 8 Old 09-30-2009, 06:58 PM - Thread Starter

figured it out lol i used the scraper thing. dang this is sick. its funy i thought of every type of google search to try to find something like this. so yeah so for those who got the wd tv what setting are best for movie slides and posters and stuff?(so that its fast to load the thumbnails but still looks good)
post #8 of 8 Old 10-01-2009, 09:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Glad it worked out for you... Ember is a useful tool..... Now it has another use....

Sean
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page