Streaming Netflix to HDMI receiver - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 11-17-2009, 09:05 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 385
After being a subscriber to Netflix for about a year I decided to try the option of playing movies instantly off of their site. I would like to get a device that I can connect to my Onkyo 886 using HDMI supporting 1080p/HBR audio. I am also hoping that a device such as this is also available with a remote opposed to a keyboard or mouse. There is no need for a wireless device unless that is a standard offering as my PC is close to my HT system.

I am a complete noob when it comes to computers and streaming audio/video from my PC. I do not have a laptop and will most likely not have one for awhile. Any advice or thoughts on a device that would work would be appreciated.

Bill

My SACD collection, watch it grow and my wallet shrink ;-).

Denon 4311 (in preamp mode), Parasound 2100, Boston Acoustics A7200 amp, Oppo BDP-103, Consonance CD120, Panasonic TC-P60GT50 plasma, Panamax 5100EX, Salk Song Towers, Song Center, ADS 300C (surrounds) and two Rythmik F12SEs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 11-17-2009, 09:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Mac View Post

After being a subscriber to Netflix for about a year I decided to try the option of playing movies instantly off of their site. I would like to get a device that I can connect to my Onkyo 886 using HDMI supporting 1080p/HBR audio. I am also hoping that a device such as this is also available with a remote opposed to a keyboard or mouse. There is no need for a wireless device unless that is a standard offering as my PC is close to my HT system.

I am a complete noob when it comes to computers and streaming audio/video from my PC. I do not have a laptop and will most likely not have one for awhile. Any advice or thoughts on a device that would work would be appreciated.

Bill

Roku might be an option for you.

A Nice Radio Station with Great Music. For Those That Like That Sort of Thing: RadioParadise.com

post #3 of 3 Old 11-17-2009, 09:48 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Mac View Post

Bill

Insignia BluRay player with NetFlix streaming. BestBuy sale price around $100.
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page