Forum Jump: 
 2Likes

post #91 of 2558 Old 01-14-2010, 06:19 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Just as an FYI, I tried getting my Synology DNS (DS409, with Disk Manager 2.2) to stream either FLAC or Apple Lossless using transcoding, but unfortunately it only will transcode to .WAV and not PCM, and the Oppo won't play it. I tried to fool around with the MIME type so it would see it as PCM instead of WAV, and it plays, but not correctly at all. Hopefully Oppo either will be able to add support for WAV in the future, or Synology will let me transcode to PCM instead, so I can avoid running Asset or Twonky (both of which I have installed on my desktop, but I prefer to keep it off when not in use and just have the NAS handle everything).

Chris Heinonen
Senior Editor, Secrets of Home Theater and High Fidelity,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Displays Editor,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Contributor,
and

ISF Level II Certified Calibrator,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 2558 Old 01-14-2010, 06:27 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwolfman View Post

One of the freely available DLNA servers is called "PS3 Media Server". Ignoring the fact that it was written to serve to the PS3, it also works with other DLNA clients, such as our BDP-83. I set it up on my PC to serve-up a directory of DVD ISO files (not Blu-ray). I am able to stream them on my 83 and they look quite nice. Sound is also 5.1 Dolby Digital (I think DTS also works). The DVD ISO I was watching last night was upscaled to 1080i/60.

Interesting...

Does the DVD menu navigation work? Are you able to chapter skip?
post #93 of 2558 Old 01-14-2010, 06:29 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcclain View Post

That's interesting. I think you are the first person to report doing this.

What file type does the ISO content appear in the OPPO browser?

-Bill

Yes, I was surprised when it worked. I am going from memory here since I am not in my home theater at the moment. When I select the ISO folder I see the files with ".iso" file types. At first I thought it wasn't going to work because it seemed to take a long time (30 seconds?) from the time I selected the ISO folder to the time I saw the list of files.

When you select an ".iso" file, again it takes a long time (another 30 secs?) and you are presented with a list of the contents of the ".iso" file, such as "title 1", "title 2", .etc. From experience I have found that "title 1" is almost always the main movie but almost always it has SUBTITLES turned ON. In addition to the "title" contents being listed there is also a "#transcode" choice at the top of the list. Selecting that shows another list where you can now select titles with/without subtitles and also those with alternate language sound tracks. I usually pick the first one which usually indicates AC3 for 5.1 surround sound.

Interestingly, while streaming the movie on the 83 I hit "info". The movie was streaming at about 10Mbs. I believe its quality was close to (or as good as) actually slapping the original DVD into my 83's drive.
post #94 of 2558 Old 01-14-2010, 06:34 AM
One-Man Content Creator

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 383 Post(s)
Liked: 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smackrabbit View Post

Just as an FYI, I tried getting my Synology DNS (DS409, with Disk Manager 2.2) to stream either FLAC or Apple Lossless using transcoding, but unfortunately it only will transcode to .WAV and not PCM, and the Oppo won't play it. I tried to fool around with the MIME type so it would see it as PCM instead of WAV, and it plays, but not correctly at all. Hopefully Oppo either will be able to add support for WAV in the future, or Synology will let me transcode to PCM instead, so I can avoid running Asset or Twonky (both of which I have installed on my desktop, but I prefer to keep it off when not in use and just have the NAS handle everything).

Is that NAS working otherwise for DLNA and the OPPO? I'm keeping a list in the FAQ.

-Bill

|

Unofficial OPPO FAQS:
|
|
|

post #95 of 2558 Old 01-14-2010, 06:37 AM
One-Man Content Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwolfman View Post

Yes, I was surprised when it worked. I am going from memory here since I am not in my home theater at the moment. When I select the ISO folder I see the files with ".iso" file types. At first I thought it wasn't going to work because it seemed to take a long time (30 seconds?) from the time I selected the ISO folder to the time I saw the list of files.

When you select an ".iso" file, again it takes a long time (another 30 secs?) and you are presented with a list of the contents of the ".iso" file, such as "title 1", "title 2", .etc. From experience I have found that "title 1" is almost always the main movie but almost always it has SUBTITLES turned ON. In addition to the "title" contents being listed there is also a "#transcode" choice at the top of the list. Selecting that shows another list where you can now select titles with/without subtitles and also those with alternate language sound tracks. I usually pick the first one which usually indicates AC3 for 5.1 surround sound.

Interestingly, while streaming the movie on the 83 I hit "info". The movie was streaming at about 10Mbs. I believe its quality was close to (or as good as) actually slapping the original DVD into my 83's drive.

Wow. I think your server is doing considerable magic here. It would be good to know exactly how this is configured.

When you get a chance: is there an OPPO browser icon for the ISO files?

-Bill

|

Unofficial OPPO FAQS:
|
|
|

post #96 of 2558 Old 01-14-2010, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkuster View Post

Interesting...

Does the DVD menu navigation work? Are you able to chapter skip?

(PS3 Media Server)...no, you do not see the DVD navigation menu. Actually I suspect those menus are stored as other titles on a DVD (and ISO), so I presume if I selected a title such as "title 6" I might see the menu, but none of the navigation would work.

As for chapter skip, I don't think that works either, but I will try it tonight to verify this. Over the past few months I have been using the PS3 Media Server with my PS3 (surprisingly). Both the Oppo and the PS3 seem to work the same way with these ISO files. I don't remember being able to skip to the next chapter via the remote. I understand that DLNA streaming is meant to continuously stream and not jump around in the stream, so this may be a limitation of DLNA. It is great for watching an entire movie.

One note, episodic DVDs such as those for TV episodes usually have their individual episodes stored as separate titles on the disk (and in the ISO file). The 4 episodes might equate to titles 4-7 so you just have to pick the appropriate one.

On the PS3 I can scan forward at say (1.5x) but any faster and the streaming often dies. I'll also try this on the Oppo tonight.

Final note, the PS3 Media Server is actually a Java application. It runs on Windows PCs, Mac (intel based) and Linux. Just Google "PS3 Media Server" for lots of info.
post #97 of 2558 Old 01-14-2010, 06:51 AM

I was all excited about this DLNA thing. While I'm mostly buying BD now, I have a large collection of ripped DVDs, and also my CD music collection, on a linux file server. It would be really nice to use have my DVDs upscaled by my 83SE, and even better to play my CDs through the SE's upgraded DACs.

I set up Asset uPnP on my HTPC and have it set up to transcode WMA lossless to LPCM. While this works, browsing to my albums on the Oppo is cumbersome, thumbnail artwork doesn't display, and I can only play one song at a time (I tried selecting the album directory and pressing 'play', but that doesn't work). I guess I need to create playlists for each album?

I set up miniDLNA on my linux box to serve up my DVD movies. Since the Oppo can't play VIDEO_TS folders and my movies are split into multiple VOB files, I used Handbrake to transcode them to H.264 MKV files. Thanks to the previous suggestion to manually add the ":weightp=0" to the advanced options, I can now create very high quality (I can't preceive any loss of quality over the original DVD) and smaller movie files that the 83SE can play. But once again browsing is cumbersome, artwork doesn't display, and chapter skipping doesn't work. Only FF/RW works.

So, if I want the best audio/video playback (using the Oppo, not my HTPC + Onkyo pre/pro) it seems like I still need to use media center on the HTPC to browse my collection, then after deciding what to watch/listen I switch over to the Oppo and find the movie/album, and once it starts I have limited playback control.

So as it stands, there are a bunch of tradeoffs for me
post #98 of 2558 Old 01-14-2010, 07:57 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 229 Post(s)
Liked: 221
Unable to get PS3 Media Server to transcode any FLAC or WAV to LPCM, it all comes out wav on the -83. Am I missing something?
post #99 of 2558 Old 01-14-2010, 08:00 AM
AVS Club Gold

Liked: 15
One other thing in my set up:

Both TwonkyMedia and Serviio servers on Mac easily access any .VOB in my VIDEO_TS folders using FOLDER view in either program, and the video looks great. However, there is (or what I assume is) HDMI handshaking when going from one .VOB to the next (chapter change) which is very troublesome (seems to occur at the most unfortunate times during the movie) as several seconds of audio and a couple seconds of video are lost at each handshake. I guess for the DVD-rips I think benefit most from playback via the 83 I'll combine the .VOBs into one (I seem to remember I can do that with VLC or DVD2oneX2). I'll also rename the .VOBs and VIDEO_TS folders so I'll be able to select the appropriate one(s) in the 83's list.

If more of us valued food and cheer above hoarded gold, it would be a much merrier world.

post #100 of 2558 Old 01-14-2010, 08:09 AM
One-Man Content Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by grubavs View Post

One other thing in my set up:

Both TwonkyMedia and Serviio servers on Mac easily access any .VOB in my VIDEO_TS folders using FOLDER view in either program, and the video looks great. However, there is (or what I assume is) HDMI handshaking when going from one .VOB to the next (chapter change) which is very troublesome (seems to occur at the most unfortunate times during the movie) as several seconds of audio and a couple seconds of video are lost at each handshake. I guess for the DVD-rips I think benefit most from playback via the 83 I'll combine the .VOBs into one (I seem to remember I can do that with VLC or DVD2oneX2). I'll also rename the .VOBs and VIDEO_TS folders so I'll be able to select the appropriate one(s) in the 83's list.

Multiple VOB files can simply be concatenated together. You can use a command-line copy utility to do it (on linux at least; I forget what's current on Windows and Mac).

-Bill

|

Unofficial OPPO FAQS:
|
|
|

post #101 of 2558 Old 01-14-2010, 09:06 AM

Quote:

Multiple VOB files can simply be concatenated together. You can use a command-line copy utility to do it (on linux at least; I forget what's current on Windows and Mac).

-Bill

I thought I read somewhere that you have to be careful or else "timecode errors" can occur. In any case, there are free tools that will join the vob files and fix any errors.
post #102 of 2558 Old 01-14-2010, 09:43 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdgrimes View Post

Unable to get PS3 Media Server to transcode any FLAC or WAV to LPCM, it all comes out wav on the -83. Am I missing something?

No, I don't think so. PS3 Media Server doesn't recognize the Oppo and I haven't found any way to alter its media profiles. It is not suggested for the Oppo, which does not support MP4 or WAV containers like the PS3.

UPDATE: I dug around and compiled 1.20. It has some basic profiling available. Once you install it, drop into the java/renderers path a new file for the oppo, e.g. OppoBDP83.conf. Save as a text with the following code:

Code:
# ps3mediaserver renderer profile for Oppo BDP-83 
# Refer to PS3.conf for help

RendererName=Oppo BDP-83
RendererIcon=pch.png
UserAgentSearch=IPI/1.0 UPnP/1.0 DLNADOC/1.50
Video=true
Audio=true
Image=true
SeekByTime=false
TranscodeVideo=MPEGAC3
TranscodeAudio=PCM
DefaultVBVBufSize=true
MuxH264ToMpegTS=true
MuxDTSToMpeg=true
WrapDTSIntoPCM=false
MuxLPCMToMpeg=false
MaxVideoBitrateMbps=0
MaxVideoWidth=0
MaxVideoHeight=0
H264Level41Limited=true
TranscodeExtensions=hdmov,hdm,flac,fla,dts,ogg,asf,asx,m2v,m4a,mov,mp4,iso,avi
StreamExtensions=mkv,jpg,mp3,mpg,pcm,png,vob
From there, I was streaming MKV and transcoding AVI. I'd like it to remux AVI but didn't have time to dig into that. I expect Mediatomb can remux AVI to MKV using the CLI tool "mkvmerge" that is part of MKVToolnix.

post #103 of 2558 Old 01-14-2010, 09:44 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 30
Quote:

Is that NAS working otherwise for DLNA and the OPPO? I'm keeping a list in the FAQ.

-Bill

As soon as I get a chance, I'll place some extra video and picture content on it to make sure it works fine. I have some mp3's on there still, but very few, but I can track some of them down and see how they play as well.

Chris Heinonen
Senior Editor, Secrets of Home Theater and High Fidelity,

Displays Editor,

Contributor,
and

ISF Level II Certified Calibrator,
post #104 of 2558 Old 01-14-2010, 10:09 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizziness View Post

No, I don't think so. PS3 Media Server doesn't recognize the Oppo and I haven't found any way to alter its media profiles. It is not suggested for the Oppo, which does not support MP4 or WAV containers like the PS3.

I can see and browse all the files just fine, they are simply not being transcoded correctly to LPCM. They show up as WAV. I thought others were using PS3 Media Server without issues.
post #105 of 2558 Old 01-14-2010, 10:42 AM
One-Man Content Creator

Quote:

I can see and browse all the files just fine, they are simply not being transcoded correctly to LPCM. They show up as WAV. I thought others were using PS3 Media Server without issues.

Indeed, on ths very page kwolfman describes serving ISO files with it, a first. I have it on linux but the player is not seeing it so I have to mess with the configuration.

-Bill

|

Unofficial OPPO FAQS:
|
|
|

post #106 of 2558 Old 01-14-2010, 11:05 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Indeed, on ths very page kwolfman describes serving ISO files with it, a first. I have it on linux but the player is not seeing it so I have to mess with the configuration.

-Bill

I noted that the PS3 server was starting and stopping with an apparent mind of it's own. When it's off, there's no way to re-start it short of a reboot of the PC. When the big "restart" button on the interface is grayed out, it's off. Uninstalled the thing cause the player was getting wonky when the server stopped. More JAVA fun, no thanks.
post #107 of 2558 Old 01-14-2010, 12:04 PM

Quote:

I noted that the PS3 server was starting and stopping with an apparent mind of it's own. When it's off, there's no way to re-start it short of a reboot of the PC. When the big "restart" button on the interface is grayed out, it's off. Uninstalled the thing cause the player was getting wonky when the server stopped. More JAVA fun, no thanks.

I wish I was at home at the moment to help you guys. Again from memory, I'm using the PC version, when I bring up the PS3 Media Server settings screen, it typically shows a big red X (something like that) meaning it can't find a PS3 online (true, mine is off almost all the time). However, none of that seems to matter. When I go to my Oppo and bring up the Network display, I see the PS3 Media Server listed. I guess it doesn't seem to matter that the PS3 MS doesn't "see" the Oppo, instead the Oppo "sees" the server.

How do you know the server is not running? My understanding is these DLNA servers run as background programs on your PC. Periodically, they send out an "I'm Alive" message out on the network. DLNA clients (eg. Oppo) sees that and adds it to the list of available servers. Optionally, DLNA clients and send out a request for available servers. I can force this in the PS3 and I think the Oppo has a way too. I'm thinking that maybe you already had the Oppo up and running then start up the PS3 MS on your PC (via reboot?). It might take a could of minutes for the Oppo to see the server in that case. By the way, what version of Java do you have installed on your system. If it is too old (Java 1.4 or older) maybe the PS3 MS may have problems with that (just a thought).

I have had the PS3 MS installed on my PC for a few months now. Over time I have tweaked a parameter or two to see how it affected my PS3. Last night was the first time I tried to access ISO files from my Oppo. I hope to write down the configuration settings I have in case any of these tweaks has the effect of enabling the Oppo to work with it. Honestly, I think I have only adjusted two or three settings.
post #108 of 2558 Old 01-14-2010, 02:20 PM
AVS Addicted Member

I found out the hard way that if you add the "Folder and File Name Browsing" to the browser tree, it will break the player's playback from anything other than the "Artist" container. Reported to Asset/Illustrate, let's hope there's a fix.

Playback of stereo 24/192 wave and FLAC files is working wonderfully, transcoded to LPCM. 5.1 files playback is wonky, Oppo is looking into this to see if it can be fixed in the player. Cross fingers and toes.
post #109 of 2558 Old 01-14-2010, 03:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 26
Quote:

Playback of stereo 24/192 wave and FLAC files is working wonderfully, transcoded to LPCM. ...

+1

And thanks for improving both the server AND the client

Styln
post #110 of 2558 Old 01-14-2010, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soyuppy View Post

You mean you can only view ONE mkv? or you only just tried/test for one mkv file?

I only tried/tested one
post #111 of 2558 Old 01-14-2010, 03:14 PM

I've been trying the network streaming and it seems there are file or buffer size limitations that prevent this feature from working with bluray rips. I convert a bluray to a mkv file and if the size is above 4-5GB, the BP-83 will freeze. It has to be then turned completely off. Smaller files work fine, VOB ok, VOB converted to mkv are fine. I am streaming on a GB network using PS3 Server. Also noticed that TrueHD or DTS-MA don't work, only standard AC3 or DTS. You can select the HD audio stream but no sound.
post #112 of 2558 Old 01-14-2010, 03:41 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I found out the hard way that if you add the "Folder and File Name Browsing" to the browser tree, it will break the player's playback from anything other than the "Artist" container. Reported to Asset/Illustrate, let's hope there's a fix.

Playback of stereo 24/192 wave and FLAC files is working wonderfully, transcoded to LPCM. 5.1 files playback is wonky, Oppo is looking into this to see if it can be fixed in the player. Cross fingers and toes.

Thanks for this, it was driving me crazy. I added the "File browsing" as well and couldn't get any files to play. That would be great if they could fix this.
post #113 of 2558 Old 01-14-2010, 04:06 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by johsti View Post

Thanks for this, it was driving me crazy. I added the "File browsing" as well and couldn't get any files to play. That would be great if they could fix this.

Also there is a setting "Dynamic Playlist Count" in Asset that seems to work better with a lower value, i.e. 25 or 15.

Listened through the Kansas City Symphony Britten recording from Reference Recordings in 24/96 last night. Spectacular. I can't wait for the SE upgrades to come off backorder. (Ordered 12/30.)

FYI: I added some PS3 Media Server code to the first post as a starting point for its use.

post #114 of 2558 Old 01-14-2010, 04:15 PM - Thread Starter

Serviio looks the most promising for full format capability since it has the ability in its device profiles to adjust what DLNA Profile ID is sent to the player for each format. This means it can be configured to send the same sort of LPCM ID's as Asset (if we determine what they are.)

If someone can run through these instructions and see if they can't get some sort of DLNA "getProtocolinfo" response from their Oppo. With that info, the developer can help us write a profile.

Quote:

n order to support more devices let me know of what yours supports. One way is to send me the Sink protocol information of your device.

Install Intel UPnP tools (link in my signature)
run Device Spy
It should list all your UPnP device and among them yout device (eg TV, console, etc)
Expand the device's tree and find service: urn:upnp-org:serviceId:ConnectionManager:1
Expand that and double click on GetProtocolInfo(...).
Click on Invoke and send me (or attach a file) the result in field Sink.

With VMWare Fusion on my Mac, I could not "see" the Oppo with the Intel tool.

post #115 of 2558 Old 01-14-2010, 04:41 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizziness View Post

Serviio looks the most promising for full format capability since it has the ability in its device profiles to adjust what DLNA Profile ID is sent to the player for each format. This means it can be configured to send the same sort of LPCM ID's as Asset (if we determine what they are.)

If someone can run through these instructions and see if they can't get some sort of DLNA "getProtocolinfo" response from their Oppo. With that info, the developer can help us write a profile.

With VMWare Fusion on my Mac, I could not "see" the Oppo with the Intel tool.

I've just glanced through the log files available in Asset, and I think you may find what you want in there. You have to turn the logging on in the advanced settings and play some files.
post #116 of 2558 Old 01-14-2010, 05:34 PM

Here are the main PS3 Media Server settings screens as I have them configured so that I can stream DVD ISO files to my Oppo. Blu-ray ISO files do not work although it looks like the PS3 MS authors are working on that.

I think all other screens are set to their defaults.
LL
LL
LL
post #117 of 2558 Old 01-14-2010, 06:35 PM

I've got Asset uPnP running and transcoding my lossless wma music library to LPCM.

I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, or if this is simply not possible. Is anyone able to play an entire album?? It seems that all I can do is select one track at a time.

I created m3u and pls playlists and put them in the music folders, but the Oppo doesn't seem to see them. What now
post #118 of 2558 Old 01-14-2010, 07:31 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkuster View Post

I've got Asset uPnP running and transcoding my lossless wma music library to LPCM.

I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, or if this is simply not possible. Is anyone able to play an entire album?? It seems that all I can do is select one track at a time.

I created m3u and pls playlists and put them in the music folders, but the Oppo doesn't seem to see them. What now

Not sure about the playlists issue, mine haven't worked either but that may be because I'm running it in VMWare. On your first issue, mine advanced to the next track automatically in my custom "bits" container and the "album" container.

Quote:

I've just glanced through the log files available in Asset, and I think you may find what you want in there. You have to turn the logging on in the advanced settings and play some files.

You are right, the log does provide the necessary clues to get streaming of 24/96 audio from Serviio. I've grown fond of Asset though.

I still need the results of the Intel uPNP browser to find out what formats the Oppo can truly handle. Our early information has proven inaccurate with kwolfman streaming ISO successfully.

For example, using this tool, I can see what formats I have configured to stream from Twonky. The PN= string is essential. I'd love to just download the string list from DLNA.org's site but they want $10k for a username or 350 franks for the document. From here you can see Twonky outputs the wrong LPCM flags and ID for the Oppo to do 24-bit LPCM (comparing to the debug log from Asset):

Code:
http-get:*:image/jpeg:DLNA.ORG_PN=JPEG_SM;DLNA.ORG_CI=1;DLNA.ORG_FLAGS=00f00000000000000000000000000000,http-get:*:image/jpeg:DLNA.ORG_PN=JPEG_MED;DLNA.ORG_CI=1;DLNA.ORG_FLAGS=00f00000000000000000000000000000,http-get:*:image/jpeg:DLNA.ORG_PN=JPEG_LRG;DLNA.ORG_CI=1;DLNA.ORG_FLAGS=00f00000000000000000000000000000,http-get:*:image/jpeg:DLNA.ORG_PN=JPEG_TN;DLNA.ORG_CI=1;DLNA.ORG_FLAGS=00f00000000000000000000000000000,http-get:*:audio/L16;rate=32000;channels=2:DLNA.ORG_PN=LPCM_low;DLNA.ORG_CI=1;DLNA.ORG_FLAGS=01700000000000000000000000000000,http-get:*:audio/L16;rate=24000;channels=2:DLNA.ORG_PN=LPCM_low;DLNA.ORG_CI=1;DLNA.ORG_FLAGS=01700000000000000000000000000000,http-get:*:audio/L16;rate=16000;channels=1:DLNA.ORG_PN=LPCM_low;DLNA.ORG_CI=1;DLNA.ORG_FLAGS=01700000000000000000000000000000,http-get:*:audio/L16;rate=12000;channels=2:DLNA.ORG_PN=LPCM_low;DLNA.ORG_CI=1;DLNA.ORG_FLAGS=01700000000000000000000000000000,http-get:*:audio/L16;rate=11025;channels=1:DLNA.ORG_PN=LPCM_low;DLNA.ORG_CI=1;DLNA.ORG_FLAGS=01700000000000000000000000000000,http-get:*:audio/L16;rate=8000;channels=1:DLNA.ORG_PN=LPCM_low;DLNA.ORG_CI=1;DLNA.ORG_FLAGS=01700000000000000000000000000000,http-get:*:video/x-ms-wmv:DLNA.ORG_PN=WMVMED_PRO;DLNA.ORG_OP=11;DLNA.ORG_FLAGS=01700000000000000000000000000000,http-get:*:video/x-ms-wmv:DLNA.ORG_PN=WMVMED_FULL;DLNA.ORG_OP=11;DLNA.ORG_FLAGS=01700000000000000000000000000000,http-get:*:video/x-ms-wmv:DLNA.ORG_PN=WMVHIGH_PRO;DLNA.ORG_OP=11;DLNA.ORG_FLAGS=01700000000000000000000000000000,http-get:*:video/x-ms-wmv:DLNA.ORG_PN=WMVHIGH_FULL;DLNA.ORG_OP=11;DLNA.ORG_FLAGS=01700000000000000000000000000000,http-get:*:video/3gpp:DLNA.ORG_PN=MPEG4_H263_MP4_P0_L10_AAC;DLNA.ORG_OP=01;DLNA.ORG_FLAGS=01700000000000000000000000000000,http-get:*:video/mpeg:DLNA.ORG_PN=MPEG_TS_SD_NA_ISO;DLNA.ORG_OP=01;DLNA.ORG_FLAGS=01700000000000000000000000000000,http-get:*:video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts:DLNA.ORG_PN=MPEG_TS_SD_NA;DLNA.ORG_OP=01;DLNA.ORG_FLAGS=01700000000000000000000000000000,http-get:*:video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts:DLNA.ORG_PN=MPEG_TS_SD_EU;DLNA.ORG_OP=01;DLNA.ORG_FLAGS=01700000000000000000000000000000,http-get:*:video/mpeg:DLNA.ORG_PN=MPEG_TS_HD_NA_ISO;DLNA.ORG_OP=01;DLNA.ORG_FLAGS=01700000000000000000000000000000,http-get:*:video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts:DLNA.ORG_PN=MPEG_TS_HD_NA;DLNA.ORG_OP=01;DLNA.ORG_FLAGS=01700000000000000000000000000000,http-get:*:video/mpeg:DLNA.ORG_PN=MPEG_PS_PAL;DLNA.ORG_OP=01;DLNA.ORG_FLAGS=01700000000000000000000000000000,http-get:*:video/mpeg:DLNA.ORG_PN=MPEG_PS_NTSC;DLNA.ORG_OP=01;DLNA.ORG_FLAGS=01700000000000000000000000000000,http-get:*:video/x-ms-wmv:DLNA.ORG_PN=WMVMED_BASE;DLNA.ORG_OP=11;DLNA.ORG_FLAGS=01700000000000000000000000000000,http-get:*:image/png:DLNA.ORG_PN=PNG_TN;DLNA.ORG_OP=01;DLNA.ORG_FLAGS=00f00000000000000000000000000000,http-get:*:image/png:DLNA.ORG_PN=PNG_LRG;DLNA.ORG_OP=01;DLNA.ORG_FLAGS=00f00000000000000000000000000000,http-get:*:audio/x-ms-wma:DLNA.ORG_PN=WMAPRO;DLNA.ORG_OP=11;DLNA.ORG_FLAGS=01700000000000000000000000000000,http-get:*:audio/x-ms-wma:DLNA.ORG_PN=WMAFULL;DLNA.ORG_OP=11;DLNA.ORG_FLAGS=01700000000000000000000000000000,http-get:*:audio/mpeg:DLNA.ORG_PN=MP3;DLNA.ORG_OP=01;DLNA.ORG_FLAGS=01700000000000000000000000000000,http-get:*:audio/mp4:DLNA.ORG_PN=HEAAC_L2_ISO;DLNA.ORG_OP=01;DLNA.ORG_FLAGS=01700000000000000000000000000000,http-get:*:audio/mp4:DLNA.ORG_PN=AAC_ISO;DLNA.ORG_OP=01;DLNA.ORG_FLAGS=01700000000000000000000000000000,http-get:*:audio/L16;rate=48000;channels=2:DLNA.ORG_PN=LPCM;DLNA.ORG_OP=01;DLNA.ORG_FLAGS=01700000000000000000000000000000,http-get:*:audio/L16;rate=48000;channels=1:DLNA.ORG_PN=LPCM;DLNA.ORG_OP=01;DLNA.ORG_FLAGS=01700000000000000000000000000000,http-get:*:audio/L16;rate=44100;channels=2:DLNA.ORG_PN=LPCM;DLNA.ORG_OP=01;DLNA.ORG_FLAGS=01700000000000000000000000000000,http-get:*:audio/L16;rate=44100;channels=1:DLNA.ORG_PN=LPCM;DLNA.ORG_OP=01;DLNA.ORG_FLAGS=01700000000000000000000000000000,http-get:*:audio/x-ms-wma:DLNA.ORG_PN=WMABASE;DLNA.ORG_OP=11;DLNA.ORG_FLAGS=01700000000000000000000000000000,http-get:*:image/jpeg:*,http-get:*:audio/x-wav:*,http-get:*:audio/mp4:*
Having this information from the Oppo is the Rosetta Stone for creating the ideal streaming user profile.

post #119 of 2558 Old 01-14-2010, 08:11 PM
Advanced Member

You may want to get the latest version from El Gato. They are up to 1.6.4 now:

http://www.elgato.com/elgato/na/main...onnect.en.html

This is what I have installed and the Oppo plays .mkv files from it just fine. Unfortunately, .avi files do not appear to be supported on the Oppo over DLNA right now. I have 9 days left on my trial of EyeConnect and I'm debating if I should plunk down $49 for it. The price seems kind of steep for what it does. I've tried MediaLink ($20) by Nullriver but the Oppo just freezes when I try to access the share. Perhaps something to do with MediaLink being UPnP only and no DLNA?

Just read about Serviio today but my first attempt at running it failed miserably. I will have to do more reading up on it.

Can anyone recommend something as simple and reliable as EyeConnect but for less $$?

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Nrrrd™ View Post

I have El Gato's EyeConnect 1.5.3 on a MacBook Pro. My luck with it and the BDP-83 so far isn't so good.

MP3's seem to play OK. So do MPEG videos. That's the extent of the good news.

The bad:

- It's not recognizing any of my MKV's or AVI's. Going down into the folders yields empty folders, even though I know a .mkv or .avi file is inside.

- JPEG display is messed up. Most are 'Polarized', but mainly they are pixel-shifted. Imagine cutting a photo vertically about 2/3rds of the way over, then swapping the 2 pieces that result. There is also blank space underneath the displayed part of the image. Some JPEGs caused the Oppo to seize up entirely.

- VOB files do play, but without full DVD/menu support, what's the point? My eGreat EG-M31B Networked Media Tank box supports playing ISO disc images as well as VIDEO_TS folders as full DVDs with menu support. I'd love to see the Oppo supplant the eGreat eventually due to superior image quality, but it has a looooong way to go just to catch up.

I have no idea how much of this behavior is due to EyeConnect's limitations or Oppo's.

post #120 of 2558 Old 01-14-2010, 08:59 PM
Advanced Member

I have twonky installed on a D-link DNS-323 which plays well with the Oppo. So I installed Tversity on my Windows 7 PC just to have a play. When it installs on Windows 7 the directory for the server is in a different place to the FAQ, which is fine, but it does not have a profiles.xml file installed anywhere. (I searched all of C: for it). Does anyone know how to add the Oppo device info in this circumstance? I tried dropping the downloaded profiles.xml file in the appropriate directory but the Oppo still wont play mkv files. (It plays them off the Twonky server fine)
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Tags
Oppo Bdp 83 Blu Ray Player , Oppo Bdp 93 Blu Ray Player , Oppo Bdp 95 Blu Ray Player , Oppo Bdp 103 3d Blu Ray Player , Oppo Bdp 105 Blu Ray Player

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page