Oppo BDP-83/93/95/103/105 DLNA/UPnP thread - Page 62 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1831 of 2526 Old 10-12-2011, 06:28 AM
One-Man Content Creator
 
wmcclain's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 16,873
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Liked: 313
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyJ View Post

Yikes - didn't realize this. I guess this means I can store music flacs on NAS and play via DLNA on the BDP-93 but ISO rips will have to be on a separate local hard drive connected to the 93 via USB?

Correct.

Quote:


How big is the average BluRay ISO file size rip and how long does it take to rip one?

A complete copy will be the same size as the original disc: 25-50GB. It's relatively quick, working as fast as the devices allow: copying off the disc and into a file.

You can save some space by copying the main feature only, dropping audio tracks, etc.

Reencoding with DVDFab, Handbrake, etc, can reduce the size but will take hours. It's CPU intensive and so depends on your PC.

-Bill
wmcclain is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1832 of 2526 Old 10-12-2011, 06:32 AM
AVS Special Member
 
WillyJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Atlanta Metro Area, Georgia, USA
Posts: 1,607
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 68
We're getting off topic a bit but I'm assuming I'll need a BluRay capable drive and will Windows XP Pro handle the process OK?
WillyJ is offline  
post #1833 of 2526 Old 10-12-2011, 06:35 AM
One-Man Content Creator
 
wmcclain's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 16,873
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Liked: 313
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyJ View Post

We're getting off topic a bit but I'm assuming I'll need a BluRay capable drive and will Windows XP Pro handle the process OK?

Try the DVDFab web site. They have active forums, useful even if you are using other tools.

-Bill
wmcclain is online now  
post #1834 of 2526 Old 10-14-2011, 12:29 PM
Member
 
hawkfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 199
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I currently own a bdp-83 and am considering purchasing the 93 in the next few days. I bought a WD Live 3TB NAS a few days ago and currently have it hooked to the 83 through a gigabit router and powerline ethernet connection. The 83 is behaving MUCH better than when I was using my wireless laptop with Tversity, Asset, Windows Media Player, etc. It still has some issues with freezing, album art, response to remote commands, etc when streaming music from the WD. I know the 93 supports more file formats and is DLNA certified, so how is the GUI on the 93 for navigating files and folders? Is it identical to the 83? Is the 'streaming' more stable? Changing to a hard wired NAS helped the 83 streaming experience a lot, but if the 93 is more 'stable' and user friendly, I'm getting it ASAP.
hawkfan is offline  
post #1835 of 2526 Old 10-14-2011, 12:54 PM
One-Man Content Creator
 
wmcclain's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 16,873
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Liked: 313
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkfan View Post

I currently own a bdp-83 and am considering purchasing the 93 in the next few days. I bought a WD Live 3TB NAS a few days ago and currently have it hooked to the 83 through a gigabit router and powerline ethernet connection. The 83 is behaving MUCH better than when I was using my wireless laptop with Tversity, Asset, Windows Media Player, etc. It still has some issues with freezing, album art, response to remote commands, etc when streaming music from the WD. I know the 93 supports more file formats and is DLNA certified, so how is the GUI on the 93 for navigating files and folders? Is it identical to the 83? Is the 'streaming' more stable? Changing to a hard wired NAS helped the 83 streaming experience a lot, but if the 93 is more 'stable' and user friendly, I'm getting it ASAP.

The user interface is the same.

I think DLNA is more stable on the 93, but I haven't exercised the 83 recently to confirm that. Apart from new file formats it might be best to consider them the same.

-Bill
wmcclain is online now  
post #1836 of 2526 Old 10-14-2011, 03:02 PM
Member
 
hawkfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 199
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcclain View Post

The user interface is the same.

I think DLNA is more stable on the 93, but I haven't exercised the 83 recently to confirm that. Apart from new file formats it might be best to consider them the same.

-Bill

Thanks. The 93 supports WAV and is fanless so I'll probably end up getting it regardless. I've loved the 83 but the urge to upgrade is overpowering. The 83 will make a nice gift to my brother who just got an HDTV.
hawkfan is offline  
post #1837 of 2526 Old 10-14-2011, 04:07 PM
AVS Special Member
 
WillyJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Atlanta Metro Area, Georgia, USA
Posts: 1,607
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkfan View Post

..... so how is the GUI on the 93 for navigating files and folders? Is it identical to the 83? Is the 'streaming' more stable? Changing to a hard wired NAS helped the 83 streaming experience a lot, but if the 93 is more 'stable' and user friendly, I'm getting it ASAP.

I have the 93 and find the interface the weakest feature of the player but hopefully they will improve this with future updates; They seem to be pretty good about rolling out updates.
WillyJ is offline  
post #1838 of 2526 Old 10-16-2011, 12:03 PM
Senior Member
 
spike9876's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 347
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hello,

I recently purchased a BDP-93 and I'm interested in streaming music & Pictures from my network.

I'm really looking something that I can easily navigate through my libraries. Navigating through Music & Pics with my IPhone would be really nice...

I've been trying XBMC but I'm having issues connecting it to OPPO and wanted to check what other owners use to stream...

Thanks in advance.

Fronts: B&W CM8
Center: B&W CM Center
Surround: B&W CM1
JL Audio F112
Integra DHC-80.3
Emotiva XPA-5
OPPO 93
HTPC
spike9876 is offline  
post #1839 of 2526 Old 10-16-2011, 02:54 PM
Member
 
ronton3's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Macon, Mo
Posts: 111
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I use Playback on a PPC Mac. Very simple for video.
ronton3 is offline  
post #1840 of 2526 Old 10-17-2011, 02:51 AM
Member
 
frankly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Eindhoven de gekste
Posts: 37
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcclain View Post

The user interface is the same.
I think DLNA is more stable on the 93, but I haven't exercised the 83 recently to confirm that. Apart from new file formats it might be best to consider them the same. -Bill

Hi Bill, I momentarily own an 83, and was about to upgrade to the 93EU (waited for the MP3 licence) when I read your post.
Since my DLNA runs just fine, and you consider the 83 and 93 the same; where can I find the last comparison with the 'new file formats' ?

Just read http://watershade.net/wmcclain/BDP-9...om-the-bdp-83;
•New media file support: mp4, wmv, mov, m4a, m4v, ts, m2ts, wav, ogm, ogg, flac, aac, ape, asf, iso, bdmv
These are, after all FW upgrades, still not supported by the 83?

Setup; Oppo 83 - QNAP TS 412 turbo - Onkyo TX-NR3007.

Samsung 51F8500 - Dreambox 7020HD - Onkyo NR TX818 - OPPO 93 - PS3 - EPSON 5910 - KEF 2005 (5.1) QNAP 4 x 2TB
frankly is offline  
post #1841 of 2526 Old 10-17-2011, 05:01 AM
One-Man Content Creator
 
wmcclain's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 16,873
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Liked: 313
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankly View Post

New media file support: mp4, wmv, mov, m4a, m4v, ts, m2ts, wav, ogm, ogg, flac, aac, ape, asf, iso, bdmv
These are, after all FW upgrades, still not supported by the 83?

Correct.

-Bill
wmcclain is online now  
post #1842 of 2526 Old 10-17-2011, 07:32 AM
Member
 
frankly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Eindhoven de gekste
Posts: 37
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thnx Bill,
Guess the first one is the dealbreaker for keeping my 83,
or the reason to get me a 93

Samsung 51F8500 - Dreambox 7020HD - Onkyo NR TX818 - OPPO 93 - PS3 - EPSON 5910 - KEF 2005 (5.1) QNAP 4 x 2TB
frankly is offline  
post #1843 of 2526 Old 10-17-2011, 08:57 AM
Member
 
hawkfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 199
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankly View Post

Thnx Bill,
Guess the first one is the dealbreaker for keeping my 83,
or the reason to get me a 93

Agreed. I tried the 83 with my new WD live NAS and found out just how limited the 83 is without Asset or Tversity doing any transcoding.
hawkfan is offline  
post #1844 of 2526 Old 10-17-2011, 10:51 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
rdgrimes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Nuevo Mexico
Posts: 15,956
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 194
Even with the 93/95 models, attached storage is still the preferred method for playing media files. DNLA has a certain amount of suckage even under the best of circumstances. For me, ISO support is the main selling point for attached drives.
rdgrimes is offline  
post #1845 of 2526 Old 10-27-2011, 06:13 AM
AVS Special Member
 
WillyJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Atlanta Metro Area, Georgia, USA
Posts: 1,607
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Following up on my post on 10/12, I bought the WD Live 2TB NAS and it was pretty much plug N play. I simply hooked it up and my BDP-93 recognized the Twonky network immediately. Simple as a screwdriver.

I am using 2 network switches, going through a router and a cable modem. Seems to play fine.

Copying over all my music files from my USB drive to the WD Live is a bit time consuming but I am letting it do it in the background. I have quite a bit of high resolution FLAC music so it will take a few hours.
WillyJ is offline  
post #1846 of 2526 Old 10-28-2011, 01:51 PM
Newbie
 
CraigNZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 14
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Has anyone tried the "Play To" feature of WMP12 sent to BDP-83? I tried this with a music selection but when I go to the 83 I don't hear anything or see any menu item to select it.
CraigNZ is offline  
post #1847 of 2526 Old 10-28-2011, 03:50 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
rdgrimes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Nuevo Mexico
Posts: 15,956
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigNZ View Post

Has anyone tried the "Play To" feature of WMP12 sent to BDP-83? I tried this with a music selection but when I go to the 83 I don't hear anything or see any menu item to select it.

Experience with WMP or Win-7 streaming has been pretty negative across the board, not just with Oppo.
rdgrimes is offline  
post #1848 of 2526 Old 10-30-2011, 07:20 AM
Newbie
 
bruinfn4lf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyJ View Post

Following up on my post on 10/12, I bought the WD Live 2TB NAS and it was pretty much plug N play. I simply hooked it up and my BDP-93 recognized the Twonky network immediately. Simple as a screwdriver.

I am using 2 network switches, going through a router and a cable modem. Seems to play fine.

Copying over all my music files from my USB drive to the WD Live is a bit time consuming but I am letting it do it in the background. I have quite a bit of high resolution FLAC music so it will take a few hours.

I was thinking of purchasing the same drive for music. Can you use the Twonky interface to make playlists or do you have to use the Oppo's?
bruinfn4lf is offline  
post #1849 of 2526 Old 10-30-2011, 11:03 AM
AVS Special Member
 
WillyJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Atlanta Metro Area, Georgia, USA
Posts: 1,607
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinfn4lf View Post

I was thinking of purchasing the same drive for music. Can you use the Twonky interface to make playlists or do you have to use the Oppo's?

I haven't had time to play with it much yet but from what I can tell, the Twonky interface is more robust. I am not sure how the 2 interact or even whether I have a choice of one or the other.

IMO, one of the big shortcomings of the Oppo interface via USD HDD was the inability to create playlists of entire directories. I found I could create playlists of individual songs but this was too time consuming. I wanted to create a playlist that would play all my Beatles albums consecutively for instance. I am hoping the Twonky interface will allow this.

From what I can tell though in a very cursory look see, the top menu seems to have sorted all my music in various ways (all songs as one big list, album, artist, genre, etc.) so I am hoping I can create more flexible playlists from this as a start point.

EDIT: Looks like Twonky will read .M3U playlists that you can create using Foobar, Winamp and such. Maybe someone else can comment on that.........I don't see a dedicated Twonky thread nor did I see a forum on the Twonky website.
WillyJ is offline  
post #1850 of 2526 Old 10-30-2011, 11:32 PM
AVS Special Member
 
himey's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Tampabay, FL
Posts: 1,355
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigNZ View Post

Has anyone tried the "Play To" feature of WMP12 sent to BDP-83? I tried this with a music selection but when I go to the 83 I don't hear anything or see any menu item to select it.

Pretty sure this only works with foobar2000.
himey is offline  
post #1851 of 2526 Old 10-31-2011, 04:18 AM
Senior Member
 
boondocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Florida
Posts: 346
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have been struggling with getting my Oppo BDP-80 to recognize a media server. I have tried TVersity, Twonky, Foobar, Asset, etc but no luck.

Just because I ran out of things to check, I manually downgraded the firmware to an older version, then let the Oppo check for the latest version on the internet, download and install it. So that tells me the unit is functional on my network.

I have successfully used Foobar as a media server between the two pc's on my home network, yet no luck with the Oppo. When I say no luck, I mean I can absolutely not see any media server displayed from the Oppo.

So I guess I'm wondering if there could be some kind of hardware problem with the Oppo?
boondocks is offline  
post #1852 of 2526 Old 10-31-2011, 04:48 AM
One-Man Content Creator
 
wmcclain's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 16,873
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Liked: 313
Quote:
Originally Posted by boondocks View Post

I have been struggling with getting my Oppo BDP-80 to recognize a media server. I have tried TVersity, Twonky, Foobar, Asset, etc but no luck.

Just because I ran out of things to check, I manually downgraded the firmware to an older version, then let the Oppo check for the latest version on the internet, download and install it. So that tells me the unit is functional on my network.

I have successfully used Foobar as a media server between the two pc's on my home network, yet no luck with the Oppo. When I say no luck, I mean I can absolutely not see any media server displayed from the Oppo.

So I guess I'm wondering if there could be some kind of hardware problem with the Oppo?

If network firmware installation works then there is no hardware problem.

Check the FAQ: How do I get DLNA working? (The info applies to the BDP-80 as well as the other players).

-Bill
wmcclain is online now  
post #1853 of 2526 Old 10-31-2011, 06:29 AM
Senior Member
 
boondocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Florida
Posts: 346
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcclain View Post

If network firmware installation works then there is no hardware problem.

Check the FAQ: How do I get DLNA working? (The info applies to the BDP-80 as well as the other players).

-Bill

Thanks, Bill. I have read that. OK, I will accept that the Oppo is working correctly.
It's curious that I can get Foobar working from pc to pc on the network but the Oppo always displays the default screen under "Network". (My Network Search).
I have spent a lot of time on this, trying different media servers.
But I will start over from scratch as I really want this to work.
boondocks is offline  
post #1854 of 2526 Old 10-31-2011, 02:30 PM
AVS Special Member
 
WillyJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Atlanta Metro Area, Georgia, USA
Posts: 1,607
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 68
As a follow-up to my post yesterday (10/30), I confirmed the WD MyBookLive with Twonky server (that ships with WDLIVE) will use both m3U and m3u8 filetype playlists.

Using Foobar2000, I was able to quickly create several custom playlists and save them to the "\\\\MyBookLive\\Public\\Shared Music" folder. One can also save the playlists into a folder of your own choosing in the same \\Public directory or you can save them in any subfolder that you want under \\Public. The only limitation seems to be that you can't save them into the top folder \\Public - they have to be in a subfolder in that directory.

You can create any number of playlists and Foobar makes it really easy and fast. You can create playlists of albums, songs, genres or even entire music directories. You can create a playlist for your 30th high school reunion for instance containing only songs from that era. Or, you can create jazz only or rock only playlists. The things you can do with playlists this flexible is endless.

By default, Twonky creates the following folders that are visible to the Oppo BDP 93 from the NETWORK icon. These I think are gathered from the mp3 tags attached to the songs. All your music will be sorted into these folders automatically. Your playlists of course, will be located in the Playlist folder once you create them (and save them as noted above).

Album
All Tracks
Artist
Artist Index
Artist Album
Composer
Folder
Genre/Album
Genre/Artist
Genre/Song
Personal Rating
Playlists

Since all my music is FLAC, and if you are like me and you like to sort your music by sound quality or resolution (MP3, CD, HDCD or DVD-A, HD Tracks downloads, etc.), then you can easily create your own folders under the
\\Public directory and Twonky will still see them and you can navigate to these folders from the Oppo by going to the FOLDER group noted above in the Oppo/Twonky interface. I have all my DVD-Audios in one folder. Inside of that folder I have each artist and then each album. I then have a stereo folder and a multi-channel folder under each album. All of these songs will show up in the ALL TRACKS folder in Twonky but since Twonky lists them altogether, it can be hard to find what you are looking for if you have several thousand songs (or more). Thus it might be easier to create your own playlists and/or use your own folders.
Cheers!
WillyJ is offline  
post #1855 of 2526 Old 11-01-2011, 02:03 AM
cwt
AVS Special Member
 
cwt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: nsw australia
Posts: 1,220
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Curious as to why my 95 will not play a vc1 bd file in m2ts [mpeg or avc equivalents are fine] yet when I create an iso of the vc1 ;no problems .

Similarly m2ts bd files with dd truhd will not bitstream the lossless but the same file converted to iso with imgburn - success

Never had this circumstance with dts hdma m2ts files to clarify. Needless to say very appreciative to oppo to have this workaround as its no problem to run a usb hdd as well as my nas for dnla Should have tried this quite a while ago but was discouraged when an iso didnt read[obviously corrupted somehow]
cwt is offline  
post #1856 of 2526 Old 11-01-2011, 04:29 AM
One-Man Content Creator
 
wmcclain's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 16,873
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Liked: 313
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwt View Post

Curious as to why my 95 will not play a vc1 bd file in m2ts [mpeg or avc equivalents are fine] yet when I create an iso of the vc1 ;no problems .

Similarly m2ts bd files with dd truhd will not bitstream the lossless but the same file converted to iso with imgburn - success

Never had this circumstance with dts hdma m2ts files to clarify. Needless to say very appreciative to oppo to have this workaround as its no problem to run a usb hdd as well as my nas for dnla Should have tried this quite a while ago but was discouraged when an iso didnt read[obviously corrupted somehow]

Just guessing: DVD Video, Blu-ray, and media file containers are supported by different software kits or libraries within the firmware. When playing ISO the player uses the disc-oriented subroutines which support all the HD audio formats, but when playing m2ts, mkv, etc, it uses the media file routines which don't have that support.

So there is no technical reason, just issues of software support from the chipset maker, development time, etc.

Would there be additional licensing issues? I don't know.

-Bill
wmcclain is online now  
post #1857 of 2526 Old 11-01-2011, 07:52 AM
cwt
AVS Special Member
 
cwt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: nsw australia
Posts: 1,220
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcclain View Post

Just guessing: Video, Blu-ray, and media file containers are supported by different software kits or libraries within the firmware. When playing ISO the player uses the disc-oriented subroutines which support all the HD audio formats, but when playing m2ts, mkv, etc, it uses the media file routines which don't have that support.

So there is no technical reason, just issues of software support from the chipset maker, development time, etc.

Would there be additional licensing issues? I don't know.

-Bill

Thanks Bill; that makes perfect sense especially watching imgburn adding cryptic files to make the iso after the stream was made available ; the nice thing is doing main movie only with dvdfab to make a smaller file as you suggested a few posts ago.Quite a difference after doing national treasure 2 with 2 lossless tracks managed 43 gbs
cwt is offline  
post #1858 of 2526 Old 11-05-2011, 03:47 AM
Senior Member
 
boondocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Florida
Posts: 346
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm pretty well stumped so far getting anything going on my BDP-80.
Looking at my router's DHCP Client Table I can see the unit listed as bdp-80.
My home network has a DSL modem/router and an old Linkys router. Since I've tried everything else I can think of I'm going to order a switch to replace the old router.
(My DSL modem/router only has one ethernet port; that's why I have the Linksys).
Comments, help, suggestions welcome.
boondocks is offline  
post #1859 of 2526 Old 11-05-2011, 04:58 AM
Member
 
ronton3's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Macon, Mo
Posts: 111
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a 4 or 5 years old Actiontec router with 4 ports, one wired to the BDP-83 and I use Playback, on a PPC G5 mac and it works well, for movies. ron
ronton3 is offline  
post #1860 of 2526 Old 11-06-2011, 04:24 AM
Senior Member
 
boondocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Florida
Posts: 346
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronton3 View Post

I have a 4 or 5 years old Actiontec router with 4 ports, one wired to the BDP-83 and I use Playback, on a PPC G5 mac and it works well, for movies. ron

ron, if you were replying to me, I have a Windows setup. But good to know.
Still not sure what my problem is exactly. It just don't work.
Nothing showing up at the Oppo.
boondocks is offline  
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Tags
Oppo Bdp 83 Blu Ray Player , Oppo Bdp 93 Blu Ray Player , Oppo Bdp 95 Blu Ray Player , Oppo Bdp 103 3d Blu Ray Player , Oppo Bdp 105 Blu Ray Player

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off