2Likes

post #2551 of 2575 Old 09-06-2014, 08:43 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal Rubinson View Post
I use this arrangement because I prefer to have a real display in the listening room than to use the iPad (which is often as elusive as the proverbial remote control). And, yes, I prefer the server via USB to the exaSound to the Oppo using either HDMI or analog. There is no USB output from the Oppos. I also preferred the HDMI output (of the Baetis or the Oppo) to Marantz over the Oppo's analog output to the Marantz. Too many variables here but the issues for me are the convenience of device in the listening room (with the NAS elsewhere) and the superiority of the exaSound DAC over the DACs in the Oppo or the Marantz.
Thanks for the prompt reply. Sounds like its time to consider a multichannel exaSound but don't you have a custom config with three of the 2 channels connected together?

South Florida is my Theater
Listen to live music and recreate it at home.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2552 of 2575 Old 09-06-2014, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal Rubinson View Post
I use this arrangement because I prefer to have a real display in the listening room than to use the iPad (which is often as elusive as the proverbial remote control). And, yes, I prefer the server via USB to the exaSound to the Oppo using either HDMI or analog. There is no USB output from the Oppos. I also preferred the HDMI output (of the Baetis or the Oppo) to Marantz over the Oppo's analog output to the Marantz. Too many variables here but the issues for me are the convenience of device in the listening room (with the NAS elsewhere) and the superiority of the exaSound DAC over the DACs in the Oppo or the Marantz.
Any what about the DAC's in the exaSound compared to the SSP-800 ?

post #2553 of 2575 Old 09-06-2014, 01:26 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by wadeh911 View Post
Thanks for the prompt reply. Sounds like its time to consider a multichannel exaSound but don't you have a custom config with three of the 2 channels connected together?
I had a stack of Myteks with their proprietary MCH driver but no longer.

Quote:
Any what about the DAC's in the exaSound compared to the SSP-800 ?
??? It has been quite a while since I have had the SSP-800.

Kal Rubinson

"Music in the Round"
Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile
http://www.stereophile.com/category/music-round

post #2554 of 2575 Old 09-06-2014, 04:03 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 18
I've got a new Oppo 103, and, I have used JRiver on a desktop for many years. I'm currently running MC20

I can see JRiver playlists from the Oppo and navigate those playlists via the Oppo remote and the Oppo on-screen file navigation tree. This is functional, but, not a particularly nice browsing method for my large library.

I can see and navigate JRiver playlists using WebGizmo on a different computer in the house. WebGizmo asks for the key that enables it to locate JRiver. WebGizmo gives me the choice of playing back on the computer on which I'm running WebGizmo, or, on the desktop that is running JRiver. I do not get any option to play back on the Oppo.

I can see and navigate JRiver using JRemote on an iPad. JRemote asks for the key that enables it to locate JRiver. JRemote gives me the choice of playing back on the iPad, or, on the desktop that is running JRiver. I do not get any option to play back on the Oppo.

I'd like to navigate my library with JRemote on my iPad and have playback come from/through the Oppo.

The question is how do I push to an Oppo 103 using JRemote controlling JRiver MC20? Put differently,how do I get the Oppo to show up in theJRiver MC20 player list?

Note:
"Use Media Network to share this library and enable DLNA" is checked
"DLNA Server (share your media with other DLNA devices) is checked
"DLNA Renderer (allow other DLNA devices to Control Media Center" is checked
"DLNA Controller (control other DLNA devices)" is checked
post #2555 of 2575 Old 09-07-2014, 09:48 AM

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucemck2 View Post
I've got a new Oppo 103, and, I have used JRiver on a desktop for many years. I'm currently running MC20

I can see JRiver playlists from the Oppo and navigate those playlists via the Oppo remote and the Oppo on-screen file navigation tree. This is functional, but, not a particularly nice browsing method for my large library.

I can see and navigate JRiver playlists using WebGizmo on a different computer in the house. WebGizmo asks for the key that enables it to locate JRiver. WebGizmo gives me the choice of playing back on the computer on which I'm running WebGizmo, or, on the desktop that is running JRiver. I do not get any option to play back on the Oppo.

I can see and navigate JRiver using JRemote on an iPad. JRemote asks for the key that enables it to locate JRiver. JRemote gives me the choice of playing back on the iPad, or, on the desktop that is running JRiver. I do not get any option to play back on the Oppo.

I'd like to navigate my library with JRemote on my iPad and have playback come from/through the Oppo.

The question is how do I push to an Oppo 103 using JRemote controlling JRiver MC20? Put differently,how do I get the Oppo to show up in theJRiver MC20 player list?

Note:
"Use Media Network to share this library and enable DLNA" is checked
"DLNA Server (share your media with other DLNA devices) is checked
"DLNA Renderer (allow other DLNA devices to Control Media Center" is checked
"DLNA Controller (control other DLNA devices)" is checked
Given that the "pull" method (using the Oppo to browse the server and "pull" media from it), the Oppo should be visible on the player list. Note, however, that there can be delays as to when the Oppo shows up in the player list on a DLNA server after both components have been activated.

I think you know this, but just to be certain - to push using JRemote (which I do with MC20 and a BDP-103 all the time), you need to select the
"OPPO BDP-103" as the playback device in jRemote - which is the bottom-left corner of the screen. (Do this after connecting JRemote to your instance of JRMC) That selection will "stick" and you should not need to do it again except after jRemote updates from the iStore.

I have experienced some odd-ball problems with SSDP (the discovery protocol used by DLNA/UPnP devices) on certain wireless networks. It appears that some wireless access points (including some that are embedded in wireless routers) do not handle multicasting correctly - and SSDP is dependent on multicasting. I've had 3 different ones in the last year and none of them handles it quite right. I have an SSDP "sniffer" that i wrote for my iPad and the iPad only sees about 20% of the SSDP multicasts and replies that are picked up by the sniffer on my wired-network PC. Hence, my Oppo and the PC running JRMC are WIRED to the network - which is extremely reliable.

I have occasionally had issues with cached information in jRemote, where I tried setting the playback device too soon - before the Oppo showed up on jRiver's list. Then, even when the Oppo eventually does show up on JRMCs player list, the list on JRemote does not change and I am stuck. This has happened only VERY rarely, when I need to reselect due to an update or whatever. It has never happened when the Oppo was already selected as the playback device. The solution for me was to restart the iPad, which of course flushes the app and its cache data so the cache can be properly refreshed when the app is restarted. (Don't you just LOVE the fact that we have to reboot to accomplish that little task?)

There are also several settings in JRMC's Media Network that you need to set to make the best use of it with the Oppo. Basically, you can run "multiple" instances of the DLNA server at once. Each DLNA server has a profile - and you want to make one JUST for your Oppo. If you only use JRMC with the Oppo, then this can be the default instance. Otherwise, create a new one and call it "for Oppo" or something like that. Then you will connect JRemote to the "for Oppo" DLNA server.

To create a new DLNA server instance...
1) Use the menus to select Tools >> Options
2) In the left-hand navigation pane of the Options dialog, select "Media Network"
3) In the right-hand pane of the Options dialog, Select "...Add or Configure DLNA servers..."
4) Click the Add button on the top right of the DLNA Servers dialog
5) Select "Generic DLNA" in the resulting popup menu
6) In the bottom pane of the DLNA Servers dialog, select and set the "Display name" to something more meaningful.
7) Press the "OK" button at the bottom of the DLNA Servers dialog
8) Press the "OK" button at the bottom of the Options dialog.

Whether you took the default server or created a new one using the instructions above, you will want to get all the transcoding turned OFF for this instance. To do this:
1) Use the menus to select Tools >> Options
2) In the left-hand navigation pane of the Options dialog, select "Media Network"
3) In the right-hand pane of the Options dialog, Select "...Add or Configure DLNA servers..."
4) In the upper pane of the DLNA Servers dialog, select the media server that you will use with the Oppo in the upper list.
5) In the lower pane of the DLNA Servers Dialog, make the following settings changes:
Audio - Uncheck Stereo Downmix and Volume Leveling, and set Sample rate to "Same as source".
Audio Format: PCM 24-bit
Audio Mode: Original
Video Mode: Original
6) Press the "OK" button at the bottom of the DLNA Servers dialog
7) Press the "OK" button at the bottom of the Options dialog

Note - you do NOT need to have the "DLNA Renderer (allow other DLNA devices to Control Media Center)" option checked.
A renderer plays back media. In your setup the Oppo is the renderer and JRMC is both the controller and the server. JRemote is an odd-ball. In a pure DLNA environment, IT would be the controller. But with JRMC and JRemote, Jremote is NOT USING DLNA to talk to JRMC. This is part of why JRemote is SO much more reliable and robust than other generic DLNA controllers. It is JRMC specific and can take advantage of lots of non-DLNA things that JRMC makes available to it.
scolumbo likes this.

Display: Panasonic P60UT50 (Plasma)
Speakers: (4) Monitor Audio Silver 9i (Front and Surround), (1) Monitor Audio Silver 12i (Center), (4) Monitor Audio Silver 4i (Rear and Wide), (2) Aperion Audio Bravus II 8d (Subwoofers)
Receiver: Pioneer Elite SC-87 AVR (9.2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103, Roku 3, Cable...

Last edited by LairdWilliams; 09-07-2014 at 10:08 AM.
post #2556 of 2575 Old 09-07-2014, 10:06 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by LairdWilliams View Post
Given that the "pull" method (using the Oppo to browse the server and "pull" media from it), the Oppo should be visible on the player list. Note, however, that there can be delays as to when the Oppo shows up in the player list on a DLNA server after both components have been activated.

I think you know this, but just to be certain - to push using JRemote (which I do with MC20 and a BDP-103 all the time), you need to select the
"OPPO BDP-103" as the playback device in jRemote - which is the bottom-left corner of the screen. (Do this after connecting JRemote to your instance of JRMC) That selection will "stick" and you should not need to do it again except after jRemote updates from the iStore.

I have experienced some odd-ball problems with SSDP (the discovery protocol used by DLNA/UPnP devices) on certain wireless networks. It appears that some wireless access points (including some that are embedded in wireless routers) do not handle multicasting correctly - and SSDP is dependent on multicasting. I've had 3 different ones in the last year and none of them handles it quite right. I have an SSDP "sniffer" that i wrote for my iPad and the iPad only sees about 20% of the SSDP multicasts and replies that are picked up by the sniffer on my wired-network PC. Hence, my Oppo and the PC running JRMC are WIRED to the network - which is extremely reliable.

I have occasionally had issues with cached information in jRemote, where I tried setting the playback device too soon - before the Oppo showed up on jRiver's list. Then, even when the Oppo eventually does show up on JRMCs player list, the list on JRemote does not change and I am stuck. This has happened only VERY rarely, when I need to reselect due to an update or whatever. It has never happened when the Oppo was already selected as the playback device. The solution for me was to restart the iPad, which of course flushes the app and its cache data so the cache can be properly refreshed when the app is restarted. (Don't you just LOVE the fact that we have to reboot to accomplish that little task?)
Thanks for the help. All my devices (other than JRemote) are wired.

All is working now. I added the desktop acting as the server to the Windows homegroup, which seems to have done the trick. I suspect there's some odd firewall rule being applied to units outside the homegroup. (Alternatively, it may just have taken a very long time for the Oppo to show up in the list of available players.)
LairdWilliams likes this.
post #2557 of 2575 Old 09-07-2014, 10:15 AM

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucemck2 View Post
Thanks for the help. All my devices (other than JRemote) are wired.

All is working now. I added the desktop acting as the server to the Windows homegroup, which seems to have done the trick. I suspect there's some odd firewall rule being applied to units outside the homegroup. (Alternatively, it may just have taken a very long time for the Oppo to show up in the list of available players.)
Well that make sense...I don't have a home group here...so never had the issue. (I also run JRMC on Win7 right now).

If you have a large collection, try playing around with the "customize Views" settings in the DLNA server instance. You can build custom menus based on tags. I, for example, have a custom menu under "Audio" called "Surround Music", that then goes into submenus by Genre/Artist/Album. It lists only those tracks/albums with more than 3 channels. If I feel specifically like listening to surround music, I go straight to that menu so my 1500 other (non-surround) albums are NOT listed. I have another custom menu for my classical genre collection that is organized by composer rather than artist. A little time invested here can make finding what you want a TON easier if you have a large collection.

Display: Panasonic P60UT50 (Plasma)
Speakers: (4) Monitor Audio Silver 9i (Front and Surround), (1) Monitor Audio Silver 12i (Center), (4) Monitor Audio Silver 4i (Rear and Wide), (2) Aperion Audio Bravus II 8d (Subwoofers)
Receiver: Pioneer Elite SC-87 AVR (9.2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103, Roku 3, Cable...
post #2558 of 2575 Old 09-08-2014, 04:31 PM

Laird that was an extremely well written explanation of JRMC setup and configuration. Concise and easy for any new user to understand.

post #2559 of 2575 Old 10-30-2014, 12:21 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
FLAC over DLNA from Plex Media Server

Can BDP-93 users stream FLACs from Plex (transcoded or otherwise)? I am a new PMS user and I can't get it to work at all. I am using the Android Media Control app to start the playback. BDP-93 just seems to loop between the first 5 - 6 seconds of the file (as shown in the app).

mp3s work just fine over DLNA. FLAC doesn't, at all. PMS is version 0.9.11.1. BDP-93 and PMS have wired connection between them.

I thought of posting this to the Plex forum, but from all the BPD-93 related posts in forums.plex.tv, it seems support for BDP-93 didn't get much traction there.
post #2560 of 2575 Old 10-30-2014, 08:49 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Laird that was an extremely well written explanation of JRMC setup and configuration. Concise and easy for any new user to understand.
I agree!

I did a quick google search for the exact question and found this thread on one of my favorite forums!

Great job!
post #2561 of 2575 Old 10-31-2014, 12:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by saurav View Post
Can BDP-93 users stream FLACs from Plex (transcoded or otherwise)? I am a new PMS user and I can't get it to work at all. I am using the Android Media Control app to start the playback. BDP-93 just seems to loop between the first 5 - 6 seconds of the file (as shown in the app).

mp3s work just fine over DLNA. FLAC doesn't, at all. PMS is version 0.9.11.1. BDP-93 and PMS have wired connection between them.

I thought of posting this to the Plex forum, but from all the BPD-93 related posts in forums.plex.tv, it seems support for BDP-93 didn't get much traction there.
I tried Plex awhile back and never could get FLAC files to play on my 93. MP3 would work, along with video files, but not FLAC. Another problem I had was the navigation seemed to be very slow using Plex, at least streaming to the 93, using Plex on the pc was fine. Since there are more robust media servers, particularly on the audio side, I didn't spend much time fiddling with settings to try to get it to work. Maybe someone that's spent more time with Plex can better help you.

If you like Plex for video, which I believe is what it's really designed for, you could try another media server for audio files. I prefer JRMC, or as an audio-only player/streamer, Foobar is unmatched (and free), although a bigger learning curve to set up and use.

Last edited by scolumbo; 10-31-2014 at 12:29 PM.
post #2562 of 2575 Old 10-31-2014, 01:02 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Another decent free music file only UPnP media server is MinimServer - minim for efficiency not ability. Can be installed on some makes of NAS (those that are able to run the Java runtime) as well as computers. Unlike the excellent Foobar2000 (and the rather bloated JRiver), its only function is to be a UPnP server:
http://minimserver.com/index.html

Last edited by Cebolla; 10-31-2014 at 01:11 PM.
post #2563 of 2575 Old 10-31-2014, 02:07 PM
AVS Special Member

I might disagree with the characterization of "bloated", but I agree if all you want is to stream FLAC or MP3 files, JRMC is overkill. If you want to do more complex tasks such as streaming SACD ISOs, for example, using "bloated" software like JRMC (or Foobar) becomes indispensable.

MinimServer is a nice little media server. Another one that is free and has a small footprint for streaming to the 93 is oShare: http://sourceforge.net/projects/oshare/

Last edited by scolumbo; 10-31-2014 at 02:27 PM.
post #2564 of 2575 Old 10-31-2014, 03:53 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 351 Post(s)
Liked: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by saurav View Post

Have you tried oShareUI? That's what Oppo recommends. Free and self-contained.
post #2565 of 2575 Old 10-31-2014, 10:20 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdgrimes View Post
Have you tried oShareUI? That's what Oppo recommends. Free and self-contained.
Seems like windows-only. I need to run this in a FreeNAS jail.

I can always use minidlna which used to work for FLAC streaming over DLNA and is available as a FN plugin. But I wanted something that can do some transcoding for some video files captured with my android phone which bdp-93 cannot play. Not to berate Plex, but if it creates more problems than it solves with bdp-93, I guess I will have to look for alternatives.
post #2566 of 2575 Old 11-01-2014, 02:40 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by scolumbo View Post
I might disagree with the characterization of "bloated", but I agree if all you want is to stream FLAC or MP3 files, JRMC is overkill. If you want to do more complex tasks such as streaming SACD ISOs, for example, using "bloated" software like JRMC (or Foobar) becomes indispensable.

MinimServer is a nice little media server. Another one that is free and has a small footprint for streaming to the 93 is oShare: http://sourceforge.net/projects/oshare/
Yes, sorry didn't mean to sound flippant. Just that JRiver started off as a player cum media library, with UPnP/DLNA bolted on afterwards. To a certain extent Foobar2000 did too, but the main difference between them are their GUIs (JRMC's excellent, Fb2k's klunky) and that the 'bolt-ons' of Fb2k are mostly optional (including GUI improvement with skins), hence the much larger footprint of JRMC.

Certainly there's room for improvement for all these UPnP media servers. You implicitly mentioned that MinimStreamer can't load SACD ISOs, but it does support streaming of DSD files themselves. It can even transcode DSD files to DoP as WAV (JRMC's UPnP server can, Fb2k's UPnP server can't). Another example is Fb2k's ability to transcode DSD files to PCM and even the SACD ISOs to PCM (the tracks appear as WAV files to the UPnP controller & player), JRiver's UPnP server can't do this (even though its own music player can) and neither can MinimServer.

Last edited by Cebolla; 11-01-2014 at 02:49 PM.
post #2567 of 2575 Old 11-01-2014, 11:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cebolla View Post
Yes, sorry didn't mean to sound flippant. Just that JRiver started off as a player cum media library, with UPnP/DLNA bolted on afterwards. To a certain extent Foobar2000 did too, but the main difference between them are their GUIs (JRMC's excellent, Fb2k's klunky) and that the 'bolt-ons' of Fb2k are mostly optional (including GUI improvement with skins), hence the much larger footprint of JRMC.

Certainly there's room for improvement for all these UPnP media servers. You implicitly mentioned that MinimStreamer can't load SACD ISOs, but it does support streaming of DSD files themselves. It can even transcode DSD files to DoP as WAV (JRMC's UPnP server can, Fb2k's UPnP server can't). Another example is Fb2k's ability to transcode DSD files to PCM and even the SACD ISOs to PCM (the tracks appear as WAV files to the UPnP controller & player), JRiver's UPnP server can't do this (even though its own music player can) and neither can MinimServer.
There is certainly no perfect all-in-one solution. At various times I might use Foobar, JRMC, MinimServer, XBMC, MediaMonkey, and Twonky. The variety of available plug-ins gives Foobar incredible flexibility and capability. For example, it is still the only media player/streamer that I'm aware of that can play DVD-A ISOs. JRMC and MediaMonkey excel as media managers with advanced capabilities for organizing/indexing files and creating custom playlists. Paired with Bubble UPnP and JRemote, JRMC is an excellent media library/server for android and iOS devices. XBMC plays BD-Audio ISO files. MinimServer is a great classical music organizer/server. JRMC and Foobar play and stream SACD ISOs. Foobar has DTS and HDCD decoder capability. Different tools for different purposes.
post #2568 of 2575 Old 11-07-2014, 11:24 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Question Having issues. Hopefully a oppo can help.

Just bought a Panasonic and its going back for these reasons. Doesn't see Jriver (sees oshare), freezing and can't cant the subtitles from not showing during dnla playback. Seems alot of people use jriver here so I think that should be no problem. Does the oppo have controls for close captions during Dlna playback? Also the oppo decodes dts master and dolbytrue HD in dlna playback right? My current set up is a htpc with no issues at all but moving it to another room and trying the streaming again. I gave up on it years ago.
post #2569 of 2575 Old 11-10-2014, 09:57 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Oppo 103 streaming control issues via iPad app

Hello - I've been around a few times with Oppo Support, and thought perhaps this forum might have some suggestions. I'm experiencing issues controlling streaming audio via the iPad Oppo MediaControl HD for BDP10x app. While my files appear in the app (all in FLAC format), when attempting to play anything I receive an error: ""DMR not ready. Please make sure 'My Network' is open."

Oppo Support is advising me that the player needs to be on the Home menu before attempting to use the app; however, that does not work. Instead, I'm finding that I need to browse to the actual media server/folder via the player and TV screen before a file can be selected to play via he app. Personally, I was hoping that I could use the player and app for streaming audio without having to use my plasma display - am I misunderstanding capabilities of the machine here, or are others able to browse/stream via the app and not use their TV display?

I'm currently using JRiver 20, but oShare results in the same error. (I've also tried Logitech Media Server and MediaMonkey but my FLAC files do not display in the app using these two applications for whatever reason.) The 103 is running latest firmware.

Any insight is appreciated...
post #2570 of 2575 Old 11-10-2014, 01:26 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 226 Post(s)
Liked: 178
murz, first off, please make sure that you have the latest firmware installed in the player.
One thing that may also help, is to try and reset the player to factory default or even re-install the latest fw via usb or disc method.
IF the player may be experiencing some king of glitch, that can sometimes cure it, but not guranteed, just something to try.

Also, the MC HD app isn't really the latest and greatest version I don't think.
You should try the newer (non-HD) MC app that is available.
Perhaps you will get different/better results with that app. Some think that the "HD" app is better because it has "HD" in the title,
but it is actually the older version of their MC app.
You can try going into the app store and do a search and see the other Media Control app in there, install it and then see if your issues are better with it.

~Dave

...Theater Room Setup...
JVC DLA-RS40-U... Oppo BDP-105D... Toshiba HD-XA2... Uverse VIP-2250... Roku Streaming Stick... Emotiva XPA-3... Onkyo TX-SR805
JBL LC2 (x3) ... JBL L820 (x6) ... SVS PB10-ISD (x2) ... SVS 20-39-PCI
post #2571 of 2575 Old 11-11-2014, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smarty-pants View Post
murz, first off, please make sure that you have the latest firmware installed in the player.
One thing that may also help, is to try and reset the player to factory default or even re-install the latest fw via usb or disc method.
IF the player may be experiencing some king of glitch, that can sometimes cure it, but not guranteed, just something to try.

Also, the MC HD app isn't really the latest and greatest version I don't think.
You should try the newer (non-HD) MC app that is available.
Perhaps you will get different/better results with that app. Some think that the "HD" app is better because it has "HD" in the title,
but it is actually the older version of their MC app.
You can try going into the app store and do a search and see the other Media Control app in there, install it and then see if your issues are better with it.
Thank you for this suggestion. As it turns out, I did have the latest app but misremembered the name. My player does have the current firmware (just bought it last week and updated), but what I tried was a reinstall of the app on my iPad. That yielded success...until I shut down the player and iPad - which then gave me the error again when I tried playing audio later. Do we think that its possible that the player and app lose sync in some way, which only gets restored by an app reinstall? Is anybody using their player wirelessly (vs. hard ethernet) - I'm wondering if maybe the fact that I'm using wireless is an issue?
post #2572 of 2575 Old 11-11-2014, 01:15 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 226 Post(s)
Liked: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by murz View Post
Thank you for this suggestion. As it turns out, I did have the latest app but misremembered the name. My player does have the current firmware (just bought it last week and updated), but what I tried was a reinstall of the app on my iPad. That yielded success...until I shut down the player and iPad - which then gave me the error again when I tried playing audio later. Do we think that its possible that the player and app lose sync in some way, which only gets restored by an app reinstall? Is anybody using their player wirelessly (vs. hard ethernet) - I'm wondering if maybe the fact that I'm using wireless is an issue?
Wireless might be an issue if the signal strength is weak,
but another thing I forgot to mention, be sure that you have the player set to QUICK START
in the setup menu and not Energy Efficient.
That might actually be what your issue is, since you need Quick Start engaged for the media app
to be able to see the player when it's turned off.

~Dave

...Theater Room Setup...
JVC DLA-RS40-U... Oppo BDP-105D... Toshiba HD-XA2... Uverse VIP-2250... Roku Streaming Stick... Emotiva XPA-3... Onkyo TX-SR805
JBL LC2 (x3) ... JBL L820 (x6) ... SVS PB10-ISD (x2) ... SVS 20-39-PCI
post #2573 of 2575 Old 11-15-2014, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smarty-pants View Post
Wireless might be an issue if the signal strength is weak,
but another thing I forgot to mention, be sure that you have the player set to QUICK START
in the setup menu and not Energy Efficient.
That might actually be what your issue is, since you need Quick Start engaged for the media app
to be able to see the player when it's turned off.
Thanks again. For whatever reason, connection and functionality seems to have stabilized with JRiver without me tweaking anything...

Now, does anybody who has success using Media Monkey have any specific settings/tweaks that are necessary? I've already purchased MM in the past, would prefer to use that going forward vs. paying for JRiver since that's the only thing that's working right now.
post #2574 of 2575 Old 11-16-2014, 02:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by murz View Post
Thanks again. For whatever reason, connection and functionality seems to have stabilized with JRiver without me tweaking anything...

Now, does anybody who has success using Media Monkey have any specific settings/tweaks that are necessary? I've already purchased MM in the past, would prefer to use that going forward vs. paying for JRiver since that's the only thing that's working right now.
I don't use MM as much as I used to for streaming purposes. However, I can't think of any specific settings that are necessary with MM except to make sure the Auto-conversion boxes are unticked so you don't mistakenly transcode files. Also, make sure all of the file formats (e.g. FLAC), sample rates, and channels are included in the Supported formats in the same dialog box.
post #2575 of 2575 Old 11-20-2014, 07:57 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Does anyone know of a DMC that I can use command line to "push" media to the Oppo? I want to integrate my Oppo 103 with Mediabrowser Theatre so when I click on a movie it pushes the movie to the Oppo to play.
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Tags
Oppo Bdp 83 Blu Ray Player , Oppo Bdp 93 Blu Ray Player , Oppo Bdp 95 Blu Ray Player , Oppo Bdp 103 3d Blu Ray Player , Oppo Bdp 105 Blu Ray Player

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page