Oppo BDP-83/93/95/103/105 DLNA/UPnP thread - Page 90 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 21Likes
post #2671 of 2688 Old 02-02-2015, 12:36 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Anyone using the latest iSedora (2.0.6) with their Oppo BDP-83? It improves in all the areas I was hoping for, but there's one small problem with it-- .mkv files created with HandBrake prior to 0.10.0 are not playable. Most of my library consists of .mkv files created with older versions.

Last edited by jdryyz; 02-02-2015 at 12:39 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2672 of 2688 Old 02-02-2015, 01:06 PM

Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdryyz View Post
Anyone using the latest iSedora (2.0.6) with their Oppo BDP-83? It improves in all the areas I was hoping for, but there's one small problem with it-- .mkv files created with HandBrake prior to 0.10.0 are not playable. Most of my library consists of .mkv files created with older versions.
Do the same files play from a USB stick? In other words - is it the files or the DLNA server.

If the exact same files play via USB and not via iSodora, then I would suspect transcoding in iSodora is the issue. Try turning transcoding off for video.
If the files don't play via USB, then it is either the Oppo or the files.

Display: Panasonic P60UT50 (Plasma)
Speakers: (4) Monitor Audio Silver 9i (Front and Surround), (1) Monitor Audio Silver 12i (Center), (4) Monitor Audio Silver 4i (Rear and Wide), (2) Aperion Audio Bravus II 8d (Subwoofers)
Receiver: Pioneer Elite SC-87 AVR (9.2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103, Roku 3, Cable...
post #2673 of 2688 Old 02-02-2015, 01:13 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Well, I'll do one better-- the files play fine on version 1.7.9 of iSedora! My files always play fine via USB, but DLNA is where it gets iffy.

I'm more curious about other BDP-83 owners using iSedora. I've tried other software and iSedora has been my favorite, and like I said, the latest version improves quite a bit except for this problem. I've already been in contact with the support people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LairdWilliams View Post
Do the same files play from a USB stick? In other words - is it the files or the DLNA server.

If the exact same files play via USB and not via iSodora, then I would suspect transcoding in iSodora is the issue. Try turning transcoding off for video.
If the files don't play via USB, then it is either the Oppo or the files.
post #2674 of 2688 Old 02-07-2015, 10:48 AM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
I have a 103 on the way and there is a task I'd like to perform but cannot find a direct answer for. Probably because it's so basic, hmmmm. I'll be storing a bunch of music on a USB flash drive connected to the 103. I would like to add music files to it on occasion and would prefer to to it via my network. You see, I can be super lazy and would rather not have to unplug the drive and walk across the room to the Mac to add files lol. So, please let me know the simplest way to go to my Mac and push files to that USB drive. Thanks in advance
post #2675 of 2688 Old 02-07-2015, 11:13 AM
One-Man Content Creator

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 884 Post(s)
Liked: 449
Quote:
Originally Posted by tym2relax View Post
I have a 103 on the way and there is a task I'd like to perform but cannot find a direct answer for. Probably because it's so basic, hmmmm. I'll be storing a bunch of music on a USB flash drive connected to the 103. I would like to add music files to it on occasion and would prefer to to it via my network. You see, I can be super lazy and would rather not have to unplug the drive and walk across the room to the Mac to add files lol. So, please let me know the simplest way to go to my Mac and push files to that USB drive. Thanks in advance
Cannot be done.

The player can access files on the Mac if you run a DLNA server on the computer, as discussed in this thread.

-Bill

Review older films here: 1979 and earlier | 1980s | Combined reviews: Strange Picture Scroll
Unofficial OPPO FAQS: BDP-103 | BDP-93 | BDP-83 | BDP-80    
post #2676 of 2688 Old 02-07-2015, 07:59 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 690 Post(s)
Liked: 347
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcclain View Post
Cannot be done.

The player can access files on the Mac if you run a DLNA server on the computer, as discussed in this thread.

-Bill
Doesn't NFS also work? I'm not an iPerson so I don't keep up. I know SMB has been problematic for the Mac stuff.
post #2677 of 2688 Old 02-08-2015, 01:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked: 101
As I understand it, tym2relax is wondering if the Oppo supports (for want of a better phrase) basic NAS features.... Which it doesn't, of-course

I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY
I've been testing hardware media playback devices and software A/V encoders and decoders since 2001 | My Network Layout and A/V Gear
post #2678 of 2688 Old 02-08-2015, 04:31 AM
One-Man Content Creator

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 884 Post(s)
Liked: 449
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdgrimes View Post
Doesn't NFS also work? I'm not an iPerson so I don't keep up. I know SMB has been problematic for the Mac stuff.
My NFS servers do appear in the network browser sometimes, but not with 100% reliability. I've played content over NFS, but also had lockups. I don't think OPPO has ever mentioned NFS in the release notes, so this is definitely not supported at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeMoreDigital View Post
As I understand it, tym2relax is wondering if the Oppo supports (for want of a better phrase) basic NAS features.... Which it doesn't, of-course
Right, that was my understanding: he wants to remotely modify USB content while the drive is attached to the OPPO. No can do.

-Bill

Review older films here: 1979 and earlier | 1980s | Combined reviews: Strange Picture Scroll
Unofficial OPPO FAQS: BDP-103 | BDP-93 | BDP-83 | BDP-80    
post #2679 of 2688 Old 02-08-2015, 08:20 AM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Thanks guys for the info. Down the road I suppose I could do this with a NAS connected directly to the Oppo.
post #2680 of 2688 Old 02-08-2015, 08:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
... I suppose I could do this with a NAS connected directly to the Oppo.
I use a 2-bay Synology NAS myself, connected via a gigabit switch. The best file storage decision I ever made

I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY
I've been testing hardware media playback devices and software A/V encoders and decoders since 2001 | My Network Layout and A/V Gear
post #2681 of 2688 Old 02-08-2015, 11:03 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Thanks guys for the info. Down the road I suppose I could do this with a NAS connected directly to the Oppo.

The NAS isn't connected directly to the Oppo but instead on the home network with the Oppo. And ditto on Synology. That's what I use. You can store all your music and movies/tv there and stream to the Oppo. I have around 600gb of hi res music, another 500 gb flac, and 5-6 tb movies and tv. No more dealing with missing covers, kids fingerprints and scratched discs. All easy to find. It will revolutionize your life.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
post #2682 of 2688 Old 02-16-2015, 05:04 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamnperry View Post
The NAS isn't connected directly to the Oppo but instead on the home network with the Oppo. And ditto on Synology. That's what I use. You can store all your music and movies/tv there and stream to the Oppo.
Do you set the Synology to stream to the Oppo, or, do you browse it from the Oppo as if it were a large networked attached storage device?
post #2683 of 2688 Old 02-16-2015, 07:18 AM

You browse from the Oppo just like a NAS. It is using Synology's own DLNA server but in use you browse folders just like you would an attached storage. Sound wise there's no difference whether directly attached or streamed from the NAS that I can tell. Mine has the Modwright mod and is just amazing. Can't say enough about that. I mostly stream high res up to 24/192

post #2684 of 2688 Old 02-16-2015, 11:36 AM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamnperry View Post
You browse from the Oppo just like a NAS. It is using Synology's own DLNA server but in use you browse folders just like you would an attached storage. Sound wise there's no difference whether directly attached or streamed from the NAS that I can tell. Mine has the Modwright mod and is just amazing. Can't say enough about that. I mostly stream high res up to 24/192

Does the Oppo still not support gapless playback as a UPnP/DLNA renderer?
post #2685 of 2688 Old 02-16-2015, 12:04 PM

Don't really know. I've kept my Oppo at firmware that still allowed iso's
post #2686 of 2688 Old 02-16-2015, 06:36 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cebolla View Post
It is my understanding that the Oppo only supports gapless play via an attached drive or via an SMB network connection. I don't believe it currently supports gapless play via a DLNA connection.

Speakers: Martin Logan Ethos (front) Martin Logan StageX (center) Axiom QS8 (rears) Axiom EP-800 (subwoofer)
Amplifiers: McIntosh MC452 Axiom A1400-8
AVP: Nuforce AVP-18 (used as direct analog pass thru, only)
Source: Oppo BPD-105
post #2687 of 2688 Old 02-17-2015, 01:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cebolla View Post
No... Support for gapless playback is still in the development stage.

A dedicated 'Oppo BDP-103/105 Cue Files/Gapless playback support' topic can be found here...

post #2688 of 2688 Unread Today, 07:47 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
After reading so many posts back, I am still confused. Which software can i use to allow NAS direct stream to Oppo which allows me to browse using iPad like a movie browser (with movie cover and synopsis) ? eg. xmbc style

If above is not possible, can i do it via a NAS - PC (movie selection via iPad) - Oppo?

I am using a Oppo 103.

Cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Tags
Oppo Bdp 83 Blu Ray Player , Oppo Bdp 93 Blu Ray Player , Oppo Bdp 95 Blu Ray Player , Oppo Bdp 103 3d Blu Ray Player , Oppo Bdp 105 Blu Ray Player

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page