Oppo BDP-83/93/95/103/105 DLNA/UPnP thread - Page 92 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 24Likes

post #2731 of 2735 Old 08-16-2015, 08:46 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am having IP control issues with my BDP103. When powered off, the player intermittently will not respond to IP power on commands from both my control software as well as the media control app. When this is happening, the media control app doesn't even see the player. The only solution is to power cycle the player from the front panel. This is not convenient as the player is in a rack across the house.

Sometimes it functions perfectly. Sometimes it is unresponsive. I have not determined a consistent pattern to its behavior.

It's physically wired with cat6 to a Cisco gigabit switch, and has a static IP.

I've had many software glitches as well, but this is definitely the most annoying.

I believe it is running the latest firmware, as when I attempt to upgrade it tells me my software is up to date.

Has anyone else experienced these same issues, and if so what was the resolution?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2732 of 2735 Old 08-16-2015, 09:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 492 Post(s)
Liked: 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecriswell View Post
I am having IP control issues with my BDP103. When powered off, the player intermittently will not respond to IP power on commands from both my control software as well as the media control app. When this is happening, the media control app doesn't even see the player. The only solution is to power cycle the player from the front panel. This is not convenient as the player is in a rack across the house.

Has anyone else experienced these same issues, and if so what was the resolution?
What is this "control software" you're speaking of? So your 103 won't even respond to its own handheld remote either? There is a new Beta version of fw available (only available direct from Oppo site), but I don't think it will solve/lessen your controlling issue.
post #2733 of 2735 Old 08-16-2015, 11:59 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 920 Post(s)
Liked: 443
^^^
Keep in mind that the Oppo will only respond to network commands in standby if its in "Quick-Start" mode
post #2734 of 2735 Old 08-16-2015, 12:36 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 13
My 105 is connected to a wireless router and am using CA5 direct network connection with no problem. Am trying to replace the pretty old router with up to date dual band router. With the same CA5 direct network connection, In the 105 menu, the computer which is networking with the 105 is gone. Same problem with a media player hooked up through wireless connection. Any suggestions for trouble shooting. Tried a few different brand router, same problem. Is there some firewall related functions which are present with the newer wireless router that prevents the networking to work? Thanks in advance !
post #2735 of 2735 Old Today, 01:56 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanF8500 View Post
What is this "control software" you're speaking of? So your 103 won't even respond to its own handheld remote either? There is a new Beta version of fw available (only available direct from Oppo site), but I don't think it will solve/lessen your controlling issue.
Quick start is turned on.

Control software is both Roomie Remote as well as the Oppo Media Comtrol App. Behavior is the same for either app. It just seems as though the player ignores power on commands at times.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Tags
Oppo Bdp 83 Blu Ray Player , Oppo Bdp 93 Blu Ray Player , Oppo Bdp 95 Blu Ray Player , Oppo Bdp 103 3d Blu Ray Player , Oppo Bdp 105 Blu Ray Player