Oppo BDP-83/93/95/103/105 DLNA/UPnP thread - Page 92 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 25Likes

post #2731 of 2756 Old 08-16-2015, 09:46 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am having IP control issues with my BDP103. When powered off, the player intermittently will not respond to IP power on commands from both my control software as well as the media control app. When this is happening, the media control app doesn't even see the player. The only solution is to power cycle the player from the front panel. This is not convenient as the player is in a rack across the house.

Sometimes it functions perfectly. Sometimes it is unresponsive. I have not determined a consistent pattern to its behavior.

It's physically wired with cat6 to a Cisco gigabit switch, and has a static IP.

I've had many software glitches as well, but this is definitely the most annoying.

I believe it is running the latest firmware, as when I attempt to upgrade it tells me my software is up to date.

Has anyone else experienced these same issues, and if so what was the resolution?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2732 of 2756 Old 08-16-2015, 10:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 575 Post(s)
Liked: 281
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecriswell View Post
I am having IP control issues with my BDP103. When powered off, the player intermittently will not respond to IP power on commands from both my control software as well as the media control app. When this is happening, the media control app doesn't even see the player. The only solution is to power cycle the player from the front panel. This is not convenient as the player is in a rack across the house.

Has anyone else experienced these same issues, and if so what was the resolution?
What is this "control software" you're speaking of? So your 103 won't even respond to its own handheld remote either? There is a new Beta version of fw available (only available direct from Oppo site), but I don't think it will solve/lessen your controlling issue.
post #2733 of 2756 Old 08-16-2015, 12:59 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1149 Post(s)
Liked: 556
^^^
Keep in mind that the Oppo will only respond to network commands in standby if its in "Quick-Start" mode
post #2734 of 2756 Old 08-16-2015, 01:36 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 13
My 105 is connected to a wireless router and am using CA5 direct network connection with no problem. Am trying to replace the pretty old router with up to date dual band router. With the same CA5 direct network connection, In the 105 menu, the computer which is networking with the 105 is gone. Same problem with a media player hooked up through wireless connection. Any suggestions for trouble shooting. Tried a few different brand router, same problem. Is there some firewall related functions which are present with the newer wireless router that prevents the networking to work? Thanks in advance !
post #2735 of 2756 Old 08-28-2015, 02:56 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanF8500 View Post
What is this "control software" you're speaking of? So your 103 won't even respond to its own handheld remote either? There is a new Beta version of fw available (only available direct from Oppo site), but I don't think it will solve/lessen your controlling issue.
Quick start is turned on.

Control software is both Roomie Remote as well as the Oppo Media Comtrol App. Behavior is the same for either app. It just seems as though the player ignores power on commands at times.
post #2736 of 2756 Old 09-05-2015, 01:53 PM
boe
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 439 Post(s)
Liked: 202
I was very excited to see 4.0 for the ipad come out but was very disappointed it still has the same major flaw (IMHO) in that it won't search subdirectories. So if you have a few thousand tv shows and movies they expect you to have them all in the same directory or expect you to go directory after directory to get to the movie - not great for many movies that straddle sci-fi/action/adventure...
post #2737 of 2756 Old 09-14-2015, 10:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 195 Post(s)
Liked: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by boe View Post
I was very excited to see 4.0 for the ipad come out but was very disappointed it still has the same major flaw (IMHO) in that it won't search subdirectories. So if you have a few thousand tv shows and movies they expect you to have them all in the same directory or expect you to go directory after directory to get to the movie - not great for many movies that straddle sci-fi/action/adventure...
I deal with the need to cross-file something by using a free program called Link Shell Extension that lets you drag and drop a dynamic link to the current folder to somewhere else as a "junction folder."

Think of it as a wormhole across your folder trees. Anything you do to the files (or subfolders) in the junction folder is really being done to the original, since there's only one real copy of the files. The junction folders are just shortcuts to them.

I keep my original music files in one folder tree called my Music Library. A second folder tree is my Music Index. I can drag multiple junction folders from the Libray into the Index, to file a disk under the leader and prominent sidemen, or the composer or conductor.

The UPnP / DLNA library server looks only at the Index, which is arranged in a set of nested folders: [A - G], [H - M], [N - S], [T - Z]. with individual letters under those, and the individual letters are sometimes broken into ranges by second letter, like an encyclopedia. This keeps scrolling down lists to a minimum. Instead you "drill down" to where you want to be.

In addition to music, you could do the same thing with movies that straddle different genres, with a tree for each genre into which you can drag a junction folder for a movie.

It's dangerous if you're not careful to break the link before deleting a junction folder - you'll take out the original (and the target for other junctions) at the same time. And avoid junctions across parts of the Index, which will greatly slow down any updates of the DLNA/UPnP server's library list by requiring recursive searches.

And when you decide to migrate to a larger disk, use LSE's own Smart Copy Function (on the right-click menu) to copy the disk, since a plain copy operation will put real copies of all the files into each of the junction folders, greatly multiplying the amount of space (and time) needed.

Last edited by Philnick; 09-14-2015 at 11:32 AM.
post #2738 of 2756 Old 11-07-2015, 04:51 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
FLAC From JRiver to a BDP103 via DLNA - Tags

I'm running the latest version of JRiver Media Center on a Win7 PC. I've spent a lot of time in JRiver getting the tags right on about 700 CD's that I ripped to FLAC. In addition, the album art is embedded in each track and exists as a separate file in each directory twice, named once with the artist & album title and once with "cover.jpg".

For listening on the go, I've converted all of my library to MP3 to fit on a 64 Gig microSD card to play on my Galaxy S5 using PlayerPro. It works great and sounds okay, showing all the tags and the album art.

But when I'm home, I use JRiver to select what music to play and then send the selected FLAC files wirelessly to my BDP103 (updated today to the latest firmware) via DLNA. It sounds great. However I can't find any way to have the monitor plugged into the BDP103 display any tags besides the song title and length. No album name, no artist, and definitely no album art.

Is there is way to select FLAC files on a PC using JRiver, send them to the BDP103 using DLNA AND have the album art display?

My apologies if this question has been answered before. I've spent a lot of time researching this, both here and on the JRiver site and can't come up with a clear answer.
post #2739 of 2756 Old 11-07-2015, 05:29 PM

Quoted: 165 Post(s)
Liked: 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by TallahasseeWrek View Post
I'm running the latest version of JRiver Media Center on a Win7 PC. I've spent a lot of time in JRiver getting the tags right on about 700 CD's that I ripped to FLAC. In addition, the album art is embedded in each track and exists as a separate file in each directory twice, named once with the artist & album title and once with "cover.jpg".

For listening on the go, I've converted all of my library to MP3 to fit on a 64 Gig microSD card to play on my Galaxy S5 using PlayerPro. It works great and sounds okay, showing all the tags and the album art.

But when I'm home, I use JRiver to select what music to play and then send the selected FLAC files wirelessly to my BDP103 (updated today to the latest firmware) via DLNA. It sounds great. However I can't find any way to have the monitor plugged into the BDP103 display any tags besides the song title and length. No album name, no artist, and definitely no album art.

Is there is way to select FLAC files on a PC using JRiver, send them to the BDP103 using DLNA AND have the album art display?

My apologies if this question has been answered before. I've spent a lot of time researching this, both here and on the JRiver site and can't come up with a clear answer.
Unfortunately, no. When using the BDP units as players, they display album art, album, song title, artist, etc., but when using them as renderers (which is what you are doing when you push music to them from JRiver) they don't do nearly as well with metadata display. They PLAY fine...but the metadata/tag display is, well, pretty dismal.

Display: Panasonic P60UT50 (Plasma)
Speakers: (4) Monitor Audio Silver 9i (Front and Surround), (1) Monitor Audio Silver 12i (Center), (4) Monitor Audio Silver 4i (Rear and Wide), (2) Aperion Audio Bravus II 8d (Subwoofers)
Receiver: Pioneer Elite SC-87 AVR (9.2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103, Roku 3, Cable...
post #2740 of 2756 Old 11-08-2015, 02:32 PM

FLAC From JRiver to a BDP103 via DLNA - Tags - A Solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by LairdWilliams View Post
Unfortunately, no. When using the BDP units as players, they display album art, album, song title, artist, etc., but when using them as renderers (which is what you are doing when you push music to them from JRiver) they don't do nearly as well with metadata display. They PLAY fine...but the metadata/tag display is, well, pretty dismal.
Thanks for the reply. Being the type who is always wanting to try one more time, I took another stab at it. And I had some success! But I'm not sure at what cost because I'm not sure exactly what the JRiver settings mean.

For those that use JRiver and stumbled on this, this is what my settings were and this is what I changed:

In JRiver: "Tools.Options.Media Control.Add or configure DLNA servers..."

My DLNA server is of type "Audiophile 24-bit DAC". I chose this based on the information I found here: http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/DAC_Settings

If you read that page, you will find that it recommends that under "Audio", that "Mode" be set to "Specified output format" and that "Format" be set to "PCM 24 Bit".

Result: Using these settings, all that appeared on the monitor connected to the Oppo was the song title.

I changed "Mode" from "Specified output format" to "Original".

Result: Changing this one setting, the following appeared on the monitor connected to the Oppo: song title, artist, album, genre, and album art!

In theory, there was a change in audio quality, but I couldn't hear it. YMMV.

I'm pretty sure that I have tried this in July of 2014 and it worked for MP3's but not for FLAC. Does it work for FLAC now due to a change in the Oppo? Due to a change in JRiver Media Center? Something else? Really, there is no telling. I'm just happy this is working now!

Display: Panasonic TC-P50ST0 (Plasma)
Speakers: (2) Monitor Audio Bronze B4 (Front), (1) Monitor Audio Bronze BX Centre (Center), (2) Monitor Audio Bronze BXFX (Wide), (1) Monitor Audio Bronze ASW 100 (Subwoofer)
Receiver: Yamaha RX-V2300
Sources: Oppo BDP-103

Last edited by TallahasseeWrek; 11-08-2015 at 02:48 PM.
post #2741 of 2756 Old 11-08-2015, 03:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 195 Post(s)
Liked: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by TallahasseeWrek View Post
Thanks for the reply. Being the type who is always wanting to try one more time, I took another stab at it. And I had some success! But I'm not sure at what cost because I'm not sure exactly what the JRiver settings mean.

For those that use JRiver and stumbled on this, this is what my settings were and this is what I changed:

In JRiver: "Tools.Options.Media Control.Add or configure DLNA servers..."

My DLNA server is of type "Audiophile 24-bit DAC". I chose this based on the information I found here: http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/DAC_Settings

If you read that page, you will find that it recommends that under "Audio", that "Mode" be set to "Specified output format" and that "Format" be set to "PCM 24 Bit".

Result: Using these settings, all that appeared on the monitor connected to the Oppo was the song title.

I changed "Mode" from "Specified output format" to "Original".

Result: Changing this one setting, the following appeared on the monitor connected to the Oppo: song title, artist, album, genre, and album art!

In theory, there was a change in audio quality, but I couldn't hear it. YMMV.

I'm pretty sure that I have tried this in July of 2014 and it worked for MP3's but not for FLAC. Does it work for FLAC now due to a change in the Oppo? Due to a change in JRiver Media Center? Something else? Really, there is no telling. I'm just happy this is working now!
Why would there be any loss in sound quality if you're sending the Oppo the original file, which appears to be what you've now set JRiver to do?

If you were playing a 24 bit download file, setting JRiver to PCM 24 bit would simply decode the audio to PCM and pass it through. [Edit: Pure PCM doesn't take tags, hence the problem.] Setting it to Original would send the Oppo the original file, complete with the metadata.

If you were playing a standard 16 bit CD, outputting it as 24 bit PCM would be nothing more than - after decoding the audio in the FLAC - adding eight leading zeros to each of the 16 bit values to use all 24 available bits. But $0,000,000,010.00 will not buy you anything more at a store than you could get with a $10.00 bill! Sending the 16 bit original FLAC file will sound exactly the same and apparently allow the display of the metadata.

Rejoice! You've found the solution for yourself and for a lot of other folks who read this thread. You aren't hearing any loss of quality because there isn't any.

The problem appeared to have been caused by "too many cooks spoiling the broth" - a UPnP/DLNA server should do the minimum processing to the files needed to make them play, not act like Procrustes making all travelers fit his bed.

[Edit: Since FLAC gives an average of 50% reduction in file size, sending a ripped CD file still in its FLAC format would be about 50/150 (1/3) as much data, for a savings of about two-thirds compared to decoding it to the 16 bit PCM and then further inflating the file to one and a half times its size to send 24 instead of 16 bits for each sample - a whole lot of "empty calories."

Similarly, sending the 24 bit FLAC files as is rather than decoded to PCM saves about half of the bandwidth required.

The only reason to decode to PCM would be if the player doesn't understand FLAC. Maybe JRiver's wiki instructs people to do that to avoid getting support calls from folks whose players don't know from FLAC and were hearing nothing.]

Last edited by Philnick; 11-08-2015 at 05:35 PM.
post #2742 of 2756 Old 11-08-2015, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philnick View Post
Why would there be any loss in sound quality if you're sending the Oppo the original file, which appears to be what you've now set JRiver to do?

If you were playing a 24 bit download file, setting JRiver to PCM 24 bit would simply decode the audio to PCM and pass it through. [Edit: Pure PCM doesn't take tags, hence the problem.] Setting it to Original would send the Oppo the original file, complete with the metadata.

The only reason to decode to PCM would be if the player doesn't understand FLAC. Maybe JRiver's wiki instructs people to do that to avoid getting support calls from folks whose players don't know from FLAC and were hearing nothing.]
A problem for me is that the JRiver options section for adding DLNA servers doesn't have anything explaining what the different options are for and why one setting should be selected instead of another in a given situation. So when you write "Why would there be any loss in sound quality if you're sending the Oppo the original file, which appears to be what you've now set JRiver to do?", my response is "Oh, so that's what that setting means". I'm afraid that I'm a bit dense and need things spelled out for me.

In any case, even the "right" setting for me didn't help me in July 2014. At that time, this setting would display album art for MP3's, but not FLAC. So I'm still curious as to whether or not the fact that for me, FLAC's display album art and other tags is because of a change in JRiver MC, a change in the firmware of the BDP-103, or both.

Once again, thank you for your help.

Display: Panasonic TC-P50ST0 (Plasma)
Speakers: (2) Monitor Audio Bronze B4 (Front), (1) Monitor Audio Bronze BX Centre (Center), (2) Monitor Audio Bronze BXFX (Wide), (1) Monitor Audio Bronze ASW 100 (Subwoofer)
Receiver: Yamaha RX-V2300
Sources: Oppo BDP-103
post #2743 of 2756 Old 12-17-2015, 07:03 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Ok, so I just learned about the Oppo app for my Ipad, I downloaded it 2 days ago and installed it, came right up, when I went to sources it showed the external hard drive I have connected with some old dvd rips, my computer, my router and one that was listed as my device (meaning the ipad), I clicked my device and I was streaming the music from my Ipad to the Oppo, it was awesome, now when I hit source, My Device is gone from the list... I have contacted Oppo support to no luck yet... anyone had this happen, I just want to get that back on as it was great to scroll though my list of music and play it through the oppo.

Thanks
Steve

I have the BDP-103D model
post #2744 of 2756 Old 12-18-2015, 04:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 228 Post(s)
Liked: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by balboarules View Post
Ok, so I just learned about the Oppo app for my Ipad, I downloaded it 2 days ago and installed it, came right up, when I went to sources it showed the external hard drive I have connected with some old dvd rips, my computer, my router and one that was listed as my device (meaning the ipad), I clicked my device and I was streaming the music from my Ipad to the Oppo, it was awesome, now when I hit source, My Device is gone from the list... I have contacted Oppo support to no luck yet... anyone had this happen, I just want to get that back on as it was great to scroll though my list of music and play it through the oppo.
If you're using a Windows machine, then first try rebooting the PC that your hard drive is connected to, and then restarting the Oppo. If that doesn't do it, recheck the sharing permissions for your external hard drive. Finally, stop your firewall software and see if the hard drive then shows up on the Oppo Media Control app.

I've had issues like this, and I think it's caused by a combination of my internet security software (Norton) and changes in the sharing permissions that seem to be made by Windows updates.

AT&T U-Verse Northeast Ohio

Denon x4000, Carver m1.0t, Samsung LED TV, B&W 704 mains, two M&K subwoofers, Oppo 103, Roku 2, etc.
Headphone system: Sennheiser HD600, AKG K701, Burson HA-160, Marantz CD5004, Denon DVD-3910
post #2745 of 2756 Old 12-21-2015, 08:49 AM

Liked: 0
Hi all,

I have a Windows Media Centre with about 9 terrabytes of movies in ISO format. Seeing as most players won't support ISO anymore (seems bizarre considering I own all the discs!!) and I now have an Oppo that supports DLNA and DMR I'm thinking of moving to a NAS device, probably a QNAP.

What's the best way to set this up that will give me control of the media library, hopefully with a content rich library similar to My Movies which I was running before. I'd prefer a simple app on my iphone that I can use to push a movie via DMR to the Oppo.

Is this possible with a an Oppo-QNAP setup and what software could I run? I'm prepared to batch convert all my ISO's to MP4 if I have to but since I stopped messing around with this stuff in 2011 I don't want to head off on a tangent with it all. The beauty of the ISO and My Movies is the content rich environment and the full disc features but I'm prepared to live with MP4 if I can at least get some movie artwork rather than just an ugly file list to work with.

Thoughts?
post #2746 of 2756 Old 12-21-2015, 09:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 375 Post(s)
Liked: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilc71 View Post
I'm prepared to batch convert all my ISO's to MP4 if I have to but since I stopped messing around with this stuff in 2011 I don't want to head off on a tangent with it all....
If any of your BRD.iso files contain say VC-1 video and/or high-def audio streams then the .mp4 container will not be suitable. You're much better off using the .mkv (Matroska) container...

I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY
I've been testing hardware media playback devices and software A/V encoders and decoders since 2001 | My Network Layout and A/V Gear
post #2747 of 2756 Old 12-26-2015, 12:42 PM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Hi guys,

I have Oppo 93 with Iso capability. I am thinking now about NAS. Is it possible to connect NAS directly to Oppo (lets say WD My cloud, which has DLNA/Upnp), and play Iso files as well as bluray?

Thanks
post #2748 of 2756 Old 12-26-2015, 03:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jare View Post
Hi guys,

I have Oppo 93 with Iso capability. I am thinking now about NAS. Is it possible to connect NAS directly to Oppo (lets say WD My cloud, which has DLNA/Upnp), and play Iso files as well as bluray?

Thanks
I have a 93 with ISO capability as well. The 93 will only play ISOs from locally (directly) attached USB storage. It won't play ISOs via the ethernet connection, for instance.

Chris

Epson 5020UB (won on AVSForum!) on Elite Sable 16:9 100", Oppo BDP-83 / 93 (ISO firmware) / 103D, Dune HD Base 3.0 / Smart units, Darblet, Sony MDR-DS7500 Wireless Surround Headphones & Onkyo TX-SR707
post #2749 of 2756 Old 01-01-2016, 02:45 PM

Can't connect to Internet on Oppo BDP-93

Happy new year. Not sure if I am putting this in the right spot or not.

I have an Oppo BDP-93 and want to watch Netflix to it. I went to the menu, selected Netflix and it is telling me that I am not connected to the Internet and to check my settings.

It defaults to Ethernet connection. That's not practical as I'd need a super long cable to do that.

Seems I can also do Wi-Fi. I am running a Mac with OS 10.7.5 (Computer still works fine) and an Airport Extreme setup.

Is there a way to connect to the Internet with the Oppo wirelessly with the gear I have and, if so, what am I doing wrong in trying to connect to it?

I did some searches and could not find the answer, so I am asking here

Thanks!
post #2750 of 2756 Old 01-01-2016, 03:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 375 Post(s)
Liked: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabbo5150 View Post
I have an Oppo BDP-93 and want to watch Netflix to it. I went to the menu, selected Netflix and it is telling me that I am not connected to the Internet and to check my settings.

It defaults to Ethernet connection. That's not practical as I'd need a super long cable to do that.
Although it is entirely possible to connect the Oppo to a home network via WiFi, I recommend you try 'Powerline' network adaptors instead...

I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY
I've been testing hardware media playback devices and software A/V encoders and decoders since 2001 | My Network Layout and A/V Gear
post #2751 of 2756 Old 01-01-2016, 03:04 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 418 Post(s)
Liked: 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabbo5150 View Post
Happy new year. Not sure if I am putting this in the right spot or not.

Seems I can also do Wi-Fi. I am running a Mac with OS 10.7.5 (Computer still works fine) and an Airport Extreme setup.

Is there a way to connect to the Internet with the Oppo wirelessly with the gear I have and, if so, what am I doing wrong in trying to connect to it?

I did some searches and could not find the answer, so I am asking here

Thanks!
I'm sure someone else more familiar with Apple products will chime in, but just to get you started,
if you aren't already aware, the Oppo doesn't have built in wifi support due to its rigid metal housing.
So you must use the wifi dongle that is included with the player, plug it into one of the rear USB ports of the player,
and then in the settings menu of the player, select wifi as your preferred connection method, and then proceed from there.
The player manual is also very well written, and may be able to help you get it all done.

I don't use a MAC daily and have never used an Airport Express, but again those more familiar with those items may be able to help more.
If you don't get more responses here, you can also try the Owner's Thread here on AVS for the BDP-93.

~Dave

...Theater Room Setup...
JVC DLA-RS40-U... Oppo BDP-105D... Toshiba HD-XA2... Uverse VIP-2250... Roku Streaming Stick... Emotiva XPA-3... Onkyo TX-SR805
JBL LC2 (x3) ... JBL L820 (x6) ... SVS PB10-ISD (x2) ... SVS 20-39-PCI

Last edited by Smarty-pants; 01-01-2016 at 05:04 PM.
post #2752 of 2756 Old 01-01-2016, 03:12 PM

Thanks. I will look into those suggestions. At the time I got the Oppo, I didn't have a wireless setup in my house, so it wasn't an issue. Now that I do, I'd like to use it if possible.
post #2753 of 2756 Old 01-25-2016, 12:47 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Anyone using serviio 1.6 with their BDP-83? It sees my .mkv files just fine but not .avi and .mp4 files. I know the last two are not natively supported over DLNA but will work with transcoding. The trick is to enable transcoding for the non-native formats only so you are not just transcoding everything. Someone on the serviio forums posted some code to append to the profiles config file but it is not working for me.

Does anyone have a working profile for the 83?
post #2754 of 2756 Old Yesterday, 11:47 PM

Quoted: 205 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Which Oppo for noob?

Hello everyone, I just bought a new JVC pj and want to get a quality player for 1080p and 3D. What is the least expensive model that can handle this and the latest movies. I also have a Denon 4200 AVR with Atmos XT32 and DTS:X in my sig line.
Thanks in advance

Denon 4200+Sony 2ch receiver=5.1.4, Energy 5.2 Atmos sats, Energy 8.2 sub, JVC Rs-500, ML LX16 for LCR, Monoprice CL2 12/2, Amazon 4k HDMI
post #2755 of 2756 Old Today, 05:59 AM
One-Man Content Creator

Quoted: 1578 Post(s)
Liked: 701
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrick View Post
Hello everyone, I just bought a new JVC pj and want to get a quality player for 1080p and 3D. What is the least expensive model that can handle this and the latest movies. I also have a Denon 4200 AVR with Atmos XT32 and DTS:X in my sig line.
Thanks in advance
The least expensive current model is the BDP-103, which is $499 new.

-Bill

Review older films here: 1979 and earlier | 1980s | 1990s | Combined reviews: Strange Picture Scroll
Unofficial OPPO FAQS: BDP-103 | BDP-93 | BDP-83 | BDP-80    
post #2756 of 2756 Old Today, 10:32 AM

Quoted: 205 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcclain View Post
The least expensive current model is the BDP-103, which is $499 new.

-Bill
Thanks Bill

Denon 4200+Sony 2ch receiver=5.1.4, Energy 5.2 Atmos sats, Energy 8.2 sub, JVC Rs-500, ML LX16 for LCR, Monoprice CL2 12/2, Amazon 4k HDMI
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Tags
Oppo Bdp 83 Blu Ray Player , Oppo Bdp 93 Blu Ray Player , Oppo Bdp 95 Blu Ray Player , Oppo Bdp 103 3d Blu Ray Player , Oppo Bdp 105 Blu Ray Player

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page