Oppo BDP-83/93/95/103/105 DLNA/UPnP thread - Page 93 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 26Likes

post #2761 of 2765 Old 04-17-2016, 02:47 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecriswell View Post
I am having IP control issues with my BDP103. When powered off, the player intermittently will not respond to IP power on commands from both my control software as well as the media control app. When this is happening, the media control app doesn't even see the player. The only solution is to power cycle the player from the front panel. This is not convenient as the player is in a rack across the house.

Sometimes it functions perfectly. Sometimes it is unresponsive. I have not determined a consistent pattern to its behavior.

It's physically wired with cat6 to a Cisco gigabit switch, and has a static IP.

I've had many software glitches as well, but this is definitely the most annoying.

I believe it is running the latest firmware, as when I attempt to upgrade it tells me my software is up to date.

Has anyone else experienced these same issues, and if so what was the resolution?
I've noticed the same sort of behaviour in my unit. It goes AWOL on the network until power cycled. Also today I used "play to" to it from a phone app, worked fine, then tried the same thing later and the player was not present (tried from multiple other devices too). Again, this required a power cycle to make it appear on the network again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2762 of 2765 Old 04-17-2016, 04:17 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 22
I found using the oppo ipad app caused all those problems. When I stopped using it I stopped having problems controlling it via iRule.
post #2763 of 2765 Old 09-18-2016, 05:01 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Question Stream from a Mac to an Oppo bdp 105?

Hello, first post on this forum, looking for some help so here's my problem.
I have a customer who has a Mac desktop and a network connected Oppo 105. At the moment he transfers the media he wants to watch onto a USB stick and then connects it to his TV, which works. However he really would like to have the Oppo talking to a shared folder on the Mac which he can then access through the Oppo and then onto his TV. I'm sure it must be possible but if someone out there has done it I could do with a "how to" as I am unfamiliar with both bits of kit, but Windows networking is part of my day to day stuff so I should be able to get it done.

I hope I made that clear enough, but any questions, please ask. Thanks in advance.
post #2764 of 2765 Old 09-18-2016, 05:11 AM
One-Man Content Creator

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1955 Post(s)
Liked: 871
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yiannisinthemani View Post
Hello, first post on this forum, looking for some help so here's my problem.
I have a customer who has a Mac desktop and a network connected Oppo 105. At the moment he transfers the media he wants to watch onto a USB stick and then connects it to his TV, which works. However he really would like to have the Oppo talking to a shared folder on the Mac which he can then access through the Oppo and then onto his TV. I'm sure it must be possible but if someone out there has done it I could do with a "how to" as I am unfamiliar with both bits of kit, but Windows networking is part of my day to day stuff so I should be able to get it done.

I hope I made that clear enough, but any questions, please ask. Thanks in advance.
Welcome to AVSForum.

A DLNA server running on the Mac will do that. There is a Network function on the player that will find the server and browse whatever contents that the server makes available.

You have many choices but I have not looked at Mac offerings for a while. Perhaps others will contribute notes on what they are using.

-Bill

Review older films here: 1979 and earlier | 1980s | 1990s | Combined reviews: Strange Picture Scroll
Unofficial OPPO FAQS: BDP-103 | BDP-93 | BDP-83 | BDP-80    
post #2765 of 2765 Old 09-18-2016, 10:52 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Arguably, one of the best music file dedicated cross platform UPnP/DLNA media servers is the excellent free MinimServer (requires the Java Runtime to be installed first):
http://minimserver.com/installing.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Tags
Oppo Bdp 103 3d Blu Ray Player , Oppo Bdp 105 Blu Ray Player , Oppo Bdp 83 Blu Ray Player , Oppo Bdp 93 Blu Ray Player , Oppo Bdp 95 Blu Ray Player

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page