Xtreamer stutters when streaming BD over network- any fix? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 01-18-2010, 10:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have an xtreamer and very happy overall.

I rip BD to m2ts files using AnyDVD HD.

If i play the movie back saved on an USB external HD directly connected to back of xtreamer , plays fine.

But, If I try to play it back via my HP EX485 Media server, it stutters badly, I noticed with the recent Star Trek movie.
I even tried a giga-bit router - no difference.

So the way I stream the movie right now is the EX485 is connected via cat6 to a router. The xtreamer is connected via it's etherport to the same router via cat6.

All 3 of these components are within 4 ft of each other...its' not like I am streaming over cat6 over 200 ft or something. This method works fine for standard DVD but not BD. Again, all of this is with cat6, NOT wireless.

Seems like to me some bandwidth issue. Is there a faster way to stream from my media server to the xtreamer instead of via an ethernet port (aside from an external harddrive). I have tried direct USB connections from my xtreamer to the HP EX485 media server but xtreamer does seem to recognize it since it runs on windows home server OS i am guessing.

When I do stream it via the ethernet port, the xtreamer finds it as an .smb file
I have heard the NSF is faster but don;t know how to get to that.
I am running ver 2.13 on the xtreamer.

I have even thought about buying a ethernet adapter to plug into the xtreamer via one of the 2 usb ports (bypassing the built in ethernet port)...i can get one that is gigaspeed capable even ...anyone tried this to see if it will work?
Would converting to ISO make any difference? I don't see how it could..

Any insight greatly appreciated....right now I have lots of BD movies but can't watch without the movie choking and pausing every 10 seconds or so.

thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-19-2010, 03:24 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
All Realtek based players have network problems with samba/cifs (due to bad firmware libraries).

USE NFS

If you don't want to do that, just return the player to the store...
post #3 of 3 Old 01-19-2010, 11:47 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Get the IP address of your Xtreamer and stick that into your web browser. From one of the setup options there you can configure NFS from there. This is what I had to do with mine. Support themselves was useless, I had to figure everything out on my own which took my quite some time. I'll be selling my WDTVLIVE since I can't use NFS with that.
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page