Originally Posted by WizardOfZo
I found a link to 2.1 on Facebook
Go there and search for "Argosy-Media-Players"
You will find it in there under discussions.
I have not tried to install it yet.
Yeah, make sure you go towards the end of the discussion to get the latest versions.
It's not the most efficient way to handle this sort of thing, IMO.
I'm using the latest version they have there and it seems relatively stable.
My current issues are as follows:
- The Web interface doesn't properly display the items it's supposed to. It doesn't show storage data and often struggles with BT info.
- Large network file transfers regularly cause lock-ups for me. I cannot bulk send a bunch of files (some large BD rips) without it locking up before the transfer is complete (I often just want to queue a bunch up to transfer over night since it's so SLOW via network). This then requires me to unplug the device and plug it back in.
- I'd be a fan of box art for music and movies.
- For some reason, subtitles start on for some movies and not others. I'm not sure if this has to do with the movie file itself or a something in the HV335t
- Again, the slow network performance is a killer for me. It takes me as long to transfer certain movies as it does to rip them. I'm not sure if firmware tweaks can help this or not. Using USB is hardly an option for a device that touts wireless capabilities. For me, my PC is often a long way from my HV335T, so running a USB cable is a huge pain.
- The BT options seem way too limited. I'd like port options, directory options, etc.
- The BT status messages are often wrong/broke. It's frustrating to have 25GB of a 32GB download complete only to have it stop and not explain why. Is the torrent just down? Is it corrupt somewhere? The Transfer status will say "started" or "working" but it'll show 0% and a 0 rate. 0% despite it already having downloaded 78% of it the last time I checked.
Those are most of my issues. I've heard others complain about issues with navigating MP3s but since I don't use MP3s on it much, I can't vouch for them.
Theme/graphical interface options would be nice, but is fairly low on my list of desires here.
The Blue Light things sucks ( I think we all agree here) but I'm not too hopeful that a software tweak can fix that. Even a dimmer would be welcome. I don't want to just tape over it if I don't have to. Some light is good. Tape looks crappy.
Integration with anything like IMDB, Rotten Tomatoes, Flixster, Netflix, etc would be awesome. I'd like to be able to browse my movie collection in a bit more visually aesthetic manor. Plus, it'd be very helpful when showing my collection to someone not familiar with some of the movies as they could see boxart and a brief description/tagline.
Full-fledged Netflix integration would be awesome, but I'm not holding my breath for that.