Official DVICO TViX N1 discussion - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 07-09-2010, 09:27 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hi Kei,

Thanks for the update. I have two issues with the device. The 1st one is major loss of functionality. The 2nd is a minor annoyance.

1. The N1 is unable to play BDMV folder or Bluray ISO image, when it contains multiple m2ts files. Do you know if/when that is going to be fixed?

2. Your quote contradicts what I experience. Subtitle off is *not* persistent. I have to disable subtitles every time I watch a video. I'm hoping for a way to configure subtitles as default to off. Do you know if that is planned?

Thanks,
Ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kei Clark View Post

Supports the subtitle OFF status.
If you turn off the subtitle, then the status will be saved and be applied next time you boot-up.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-11-2010, 01:17 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Ben,

1. I would like to say that it has been corrected but I just realized I converted all my BD rips to ISO's due to the way the cover art works (when there are multiple files in a folder). I'll have to check it again.

2. This was a comment in relation to the new Beta firmware, not the official 1.9.9 which requires you to turn off subtiltes specifically for each movie.
Old 07-11-2010, 06:52 PM

Liked: 10
I finally got my TViX N1 player and it really is a nice device. When I plugged it in yesterday I did the network firmware update so I have the latest there. I only have one thing so far that I can't seem to get to work. From the main menu I go to IMS and then weather. I put in my zipcode and it pulls up the weather just like it's supposed to. I then select the save this location option and as long as I don't turn the unit off the saved location is there. If I turn it off my zipcode is not listed when I go back to the weather and I have to put it in again. It seems kind of foolproof so can someone else try this and see if it saves your location between power shutdowns?

Thanks!

-Doug
Old 07-12-2010, 01:02 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyback View Post

I only have one thing so far that I can't seem to get to work. From the main menu I go to IMS and then weather. I put in my zipcode and it pulls up the weather just like it's supposed to. I then select the save this location option and as long as I don't turn the unit off the saved location is there. If I turn it off my zipcode is not listed when I go back to the weather and I have to put it in again.

Just tried this on a M6620NP and it is still there after power recycle. Are you using the latest firmware v2.0.3?
Old 07-12-2010, 01:47 PM

Thanks for replying. Yes, It is at version 2.0.3.
Old 07-12-2010, 05:49 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I tried it with the N1, and sure enough, it does not store the city. It must be saving the info on the internal hard drive (of the M66x0N). I'll mention it to the engineers.
Old 07-12-2010, 06:28 PM

Thanks!

-Doug
Old 07-13-2010, 12:40 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Apprently, the problem with saving the weather by zip is a known problem on the N1 and will be fixed.

I highly recommend everyone do the upgrade to the latest release v2.0.3 as it fixes the 24Hz Blu-Ray playback as well as turning off subtitles by default when it is turned off on any video during playback.
Old 08-30-2010, 08:30 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
My previous Tvix experience is having a M4000 & M5000 for the last few years. I have had my Tvix HD-N1+ for about two weeks now. The player is nice and compact and feels high quality. I updated to fw ver 2.0.3. DVD ISOs, JPGs, MP3s, AVCHD camcorder movies all play well. Even the menus using Tvixie look great. DVD ISOs display with fanart perfectly. I have it connected via HDMI to a plasma at 1080i.

The big issue is Blu-ray. I am having the exact same problems as bbird in #25. No Blu-ray ISOs play either from USB HD or from my NAS. I have tried converting my Blu-rays to MKV & TS using various software. Most of the MKVs & TS also cause the N1 to crash/reboot/black screen. Sometimes I get "Unsupported format" with Blu-ray ISOs.

I hope this will be fixed with a firmware update or maybe I have a bad unit.
Old 08-30-2010, 09:06 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Matt--

BD ISOs don't play yet(?) on N1, but you can play M2TS files if you turn off the "smart menus" in Setup.
Old 08-30-2010, 09:06 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Matt--

BD ISOs don't play yet(?) on N1, but you can play M2TS files if you turn off the "smart menus" in Setup.
Old 08-30-2010, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPeterson View Post

Matt--

I ripped one of my Blu-rays to directory instead of ISO to check. In the BDMV directory structure, the file does not play. However, when I move it to a movie directory it plays. I watched about 25 minutes and had a three video/audio breakups. Otherwise it seems to work.
Old 08-30-2010, 11:54 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Did you turn off "smart menu" in Setup? That should allow you to navigate to the m2ts in the Stream folder to play it.
Old 08-31-2010, 05:23 AM

Quote:

Did you turn off "smart menu" in Setup? That should allow you to navigate to the m2ts in the Stream folder to play it.

Yes, I had changed the option called Navigation: Smart or Normal. I tried both settings.
Old 08-31-2010, 08:40 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Yeah, that's the setting. I find that in Normal mode I can navigate to the Stream folder to play the m2ts.
Old 09-10-2010, 12:21 AM
AVS Addicted Member

DViCo has released version 2.0.5 of the firmware for the N1 (and all other newer Realtek TViX models). This version supports playback of BD disks and images while Smart Navigation is enabled. (But it still doesn't fully support BD menus and just plays the main movie) Download it by going to Automatic F/W update in System Setup.
Old 09-17-2010, 03:05 AM

Hi. Bought this product yesterday and updated immediately to 2.0.5.

If I have the native framerate setting enabled, the digital audio produces an annoying jitter both on SDPIF and HDMI. If I set it to off, there is fine audio but jerky picture flow on 23.98fps/24fps video.

Anyone experienced the same? I submitted a question to DVICO on their webpage but no answer yet.
Old 09-17-2010, 10:34 AM
AVS Addicted Member

cbens--

We've been seeing quite a few posts regarding strange behavior of the Realtek chipset TViXes following f/w updates. I don't know if it will solve your problem, but repeating the update is a good thing to try anyway, and while you're at it I suggest that you go ahead and use the "safe upgrade" mode rather than the Automatic f/w Download method.

If you do try the repeat update, please let us know here whether or not that seems to help.
Old 09-18-2010, 04:54 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:

DViCo has released version 2.0.5 of the firmware for the N1 (and all other newer Realtek TViX models). This version supports playback of BD disks and images while Smart Navigation is enabled. (But it still doesn't fully support BD menus and just plays the main movie) Download it by going to Automatic F/W update in System Setup.

Just installed 2.0.5. Now I can play some previously unplayable BD rips. So, that is good news. Unfortunately, still no BD menu support.

I have a problem with TrueHD streams that contain embedded AC3 5.1 audio. My receiver can decode 5.1, but not TrueHD. I've configured the N1 for SPDIF digital output. This work just fine with with DTS-HD MA that contains DTS core 5.1 streams. The N1 outputs the DTS core 5.1 stream. However, with the embedded AC3 5.1 streams in TrueHD I only receive 2channel.

Anyone else have this problem? Any hopes of this being fixed? Maybe there something I'm doing wrong? Other than buying a receiver that handles HDMI audio and TrueHD. Of which, I will probably do anyway.

Thanks,
Ben
Old 09-21-2010, 02:26 AM

Quote:

cbens--

We've been seeing quite a few posts regarding strange behavior of the Realtek chipset TViXes following f/w updates. I don't know if it will solve your problem, but repeating the update is a good thing to try anyway, and while you're at it I suggest that you go ahead and use the "safe upgrade" mode rather than the Automatic f/w Download method.

If you do try the repeat update, please let us know here whether or not that seems to help.

Thanks for the reply. But that doesn't make much sense. The issue is related to native framerate mode which was introduced in this firmware. It is clearly a software bug in their demuxer since they must have forgotten to reclock the audio properly when switching from 50Hz to 24Hz. Otherwise, the issue would not appear on both HDMI and SPDIF. My question was, I think, if anyone else has experienced the same problem.

cheers
Old 09-21-2010, 08:40 AM
AVS Addicted Member

The answer to your question is evidently, "no". Let me know how it goes after you've tried redoing the f/w update using "safe upgrade".
Old 09-21-2010, 03:21 PM

Quote:

The answer to your question is evidently, "no". Let me know how it goes after you've tried redoing the f/w update using "safe upgrade".

Looking around the forum it seems to be your standard solution to any problem. FYI, it did not help, because it is a software problem. I can also add that it occurs on the analog output, so their demuxer is definitely getting wierd about syncing audio with a 23.98/24 Hz framerate.
Old 09-21-2010, 04:38 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Nothing weird ("wierd"???) about either 60-Hz or native frame-rate playback of 23-something fps BD rips on my N1 using f/w 2.0.5. What sources have you been using? And do they play properly on some other player?
Old 09-22-2010, 12:09 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbens View Post

Hi. Bought this product yesterday and updated immediately to 2.0.5.

If I have the native framerate setting enabled, the digital audio produces an annoying jitter both on SDPIF and HDMI. If I set it to off, there is fine audio but jerky picture flow on 23.98fps/24fps video.

Anyone experienced the same? I submitted a question to DVICO on their webpage but no answer yet.

I don't see this problem at all, and I use both SPDIF and HDMI (but HDMI on TV, not an A/V receiver). Did you try the "audio" button to see if it's an issue with the audio stream being used? Are you using TrueHD/DTS-MA or DD/DTS when you are connected via S/PDIF?
Old 09-23-2010, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kei Clark View Post

I don't see this problem at all, and I use both SPDIF and HDMI (but HDMI on TV, not an A/V receiver). Did you try the "audio" button to see if it's an issue with the audio stream being used? Are you using TrueHD/DTS-MA or DD/DTS when you are connected via S/PDIF?

It is happening with any S/PDIF-capable format, DD, DTS, PCM (TrueHD/DTS-MA will not be transferred over S/PDIF). I also have HDMI only to TV and S/PDIF to external DAC, but the ticks are in the TV speakers too. Even on analog output = problem definitely lies within the N1

It is not sufficient to enable native framerate, you have to explictly set it to switch to 1080p/24Hz with 24Hz material, since all settings default to 'off'.

I have asked DIVCO and uploaded a sample clip for them to try. I'll post some info when they get back to me.

thanks!
Old 09-23-2010, 10:13 AM
AVS Addicted Member

cbens--

You mentioned "50 Hz" in one post. Are you in PAL land? (Your location is not in your info panel. You can add it by editing your profile) If so, are you able to test 60-Hz sources too and do they also show the same problem on your N1?
Old 09-24-2010, 03:04 AM

Quote:

cbens--

You mentioned "50 Hz" in one post. Are you in PAL land? (Your location is not in your info panel. You can add it by editing your profile) If so, are you able to test 60-Hz sources too and do they also show the same problem on your N1?

Yes I'm in PAL land, but my Panasonic plasma can handle 60 Hz material too. Can you point me to a link where I can find some?

thanks
Old 09-24-2010, 11:24 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Now that I've asked the question, I'm not sure that it makes any sense, as 23.9xx fps sources are the same in PAL and NTSC lands and the N1 presumably doesn't care that your mains run at 50 Hz. But you can try some 59.xxx/29.xxx stuff by, e.g., googling "HBO trailers".
Old 09-24-2010, 02:37 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbens View Post

It is happening with any S/PDIF-capable format, DD, DTS, PCM (TrueHD/DTS-MA will not be transferred over S/PDIF). I also have HDMI only to TV and S/PDIF to external DAC, but the ticks are in the TV speakers too. Even on analog output = problem definitely lies within the N1

It is not sufficient to enable native framerate, you have to explictly set it to switch to 1080p/24Hz with 24Hz material, since all settings default to 'off'.

I have asked DIVCO and uploaded a sample clip for them to try. I'll post some info when they get back to me.

thanks!

Okay, so I'm trying to figure out what you and I are doing differently....or how I could reproduce this problem.

I'm not sure how the 50Hz figures into the problem.
Old 09-24-2010, 04:25 PM
AVS Addicted Member

cbens, does it make any difference to your N1's playback of 23.9xx sources if you select 1080p@60 instead of 1080p@50 for your default output? That strikes me as the only real difference between your setup and Kei's and mine. If you still get the audio problem I'd conclude that the issue is with either the sources or your specific N1.