Forum Jump: 

post #451 of 792 Old 12-13-2010, 05:01 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by hartlenb View Post

I'm working my way through the 15 pages of this thread and haven't seen an update to this (so far)... I was wondering if anyone has had success with h.264 or AVI files? I'm hoping I can view the raw files (.MTS from my HD camcorder & .AVI from an older DV camera) without requiring any conversions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritInVA View Post

You will need to run Mediainfo on the files and determine what audio/video codecs are being used.

This is what it says for the .MTS h.264 files that I pull off of my HD camcorder. Is there another post that lists codecs or codec ids that are supported?

General
ID : 0 (0x0)
Complete name : \\\\Dns321\\volume_1\\Media\\Home Movies\\IMxLibraryVer6\\Combine\\20101212\\20101212101819.mt s
Format : BDAV
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
File size : 2.44 GiB
Duration : 21mn 4s
Overall bit rate : 16.6 Mbps
Maximum Overall bit rate : 18.0 Mbps

Video
ID : 4113 (0x1011)
Menu ID : 1 (0x1)
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : High@L4.0
Format settings, CABAC : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames : 2 frames
Codec ID : 27
Bit rate mode : Variable
Bit rate : 15.6 Mbps
Maximum bit rate : 16.0 Mbps
Width : 1 920 pixels
Height : 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate : 29.970 fps
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Interlaced
Scan order : Top Field First
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.252
Stream size : 2.30 GiB (94%)

Audio
ID : 4352 (0x1100)
Menu ID : 1 (0x1)
Format : AC-3
Format/Info : Audio Coding 3
Mode extension : CM (complete main)
Codec ID : 129
Bit rate mode : Constant
Bit rate : 256 Kbps
Channel(s) : 2 channels
Channel positions : Front: L R
Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
Bit depth : 16 bits
Compression mode : Lossy
Video delay : -67ms
Stream size : 38.6 MiB (2%)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #452 of 792 Old 12-13-2010, 06:21 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItzMe View Post

While I don't have a solution for you, I can confirm that my DirecTV HR acts the same way with my Samsung. We can see the HRs and their programs, but of course we could never play them via the Samsung because of DirecTVs encryption. Our HRs and DVR access cards are both a function of decryption for that encryption.

I can see the HR but I can't see the programs. When I try to load the playlist I get the error. So you are getting further along than I am if you can see the program names.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Sherwood View Post

Regarding:

I was under the impression that you have the TV connected to the bridge by ethernet cable and the bridge connected to the router by ethernet cable?

If so a simple ethernet/ethernet connector block would allow you to bypass everything in between...

Hmm... That explains some of the questions you asked. A bridge is used to wirelessly connect networkable devices that don't have built-in wireless connectivity. Many bridges only have one Ethernet port, plugging that port into a router basically makes the bridge inoperable.
post #453 of 792 Old 12-14-2010, 04:42 AM

Quote:

That did it, thanks!
post #454 of 792 Old 12-14-2010, 05:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscpsycho View Post

I haven't tried calling Samsung about this but like any self-respecting company, they will blame connectivity problems on me, my equipment, my ISP... Anything to deflect the fact that they can't/don't want/don't know how to fix the problem.

Well, I tried online chat with Samsung. They didn't even bother to help me, just told me my router settings "changed" and to call router support. This is how it went:

Kate: Hi, thanks for reaching out to Samsung tech support. How can I help you today?

Me: I am having trouble getting my TV connected to the Internet.

Kate: Could you give me the model number of the unit?

Me: pn63c8000

Me: When I do the network test I get to the last step, Internet Service Test, and then the test fails. It says "Connecting to external device failed. Please contact your network service provider." What is happening? Why is this failing? What external device is my TV trying to connect to? Ever since I got the TV on the network my computer can see four different 63c800 related devices so the TV is connected to my network. But I can't access any of the Internet featuers on the TV. Also my computer also keeps trying to install Samsung drivers. I keep getting this message "windows needs to install driver for your samsung dtv dmr" but the computer can't find the drivers.

Kate: It is failing due to the settings on the router which got changed and as you are getting the message "Connecting to external device failed. Please contact your network service provider" which indicates that the router is not recognizing the device.

Kate: Please contact your router support who will change the settings on the router to fix the issue.

Me: Is there someone with more advanced knoweldge of home networks I can speak to?

Kate: I'm sorry as we are the basic support we do not have information on the router settings, please contact our tier 2 suppoort for further assistance at:1-800-SAMSUNG (1-800-726-7864) Hours of operation : 9:00am - 9:00pm Eastern - Monday – Friday and 9:00am - 7:00pm Eastern - Saturday & Sunday.

I'm going to give Samsung a call but not expecting any help. When it comes to connectivity problems technical support ALWAYS blames someone else. The only time a company will accept responsibility for network problems is your ISP when there is an otuttage (who can they blame for that?).
post #455 of 792 Old 12-14-2010, 06:49 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:

This is what it says for the .MTS h.264 files that I pull off of my HD camcorder. Is there another post that lists codecs or codec ids that are supported?

Well the support may well vary depending on the blu-ray payer/TV model (best look up the user guide on Samsung Support) but the BD-C5500 player does support AVC/AC-3 but according to spec not a .MTS container althou I recollect some folks have changed the file extension to .MPG and they worked.

If you want to PM me for my email and send me a short test file I will be happy to try for you.

=====================================

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
index on 1st post

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #456 of 792 Old 12-14-2010, 06:54 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

BTW - I ended up shelling out the $29.95 for mezzmo....... its really performed well with my BD-C5500's and HT-C5500.

The few issues I encountered were quickly solved via there email support or on their forum.

My only oustanding issue is the playlist sharing permissions don't work which I'd like to use to restrict content from my kids. No one else seems to have this feature and I'm confident they will eventually fix.

index on 1st post

post #457 of 792 Old 12-14-2010, 08:48 AM

Quote:

Well the support may well vary depending on the blu-ray payer/TV model (best look up the user guide on Samsung Support) but the BD-C5500 player does support AVC/AC-3 but according to spec not a .MTS container althou I recollect some folks have changed the file extension to .MPG and they worked.

If you want to PM me for my email and send me a short test file I will be happy to try for you.

I appreciate the offer. PM sent.
post #458 of 792 Old 12-14-2010, 09:43 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I appreciate the offer. PM sent.

Responded in PM but thought would post results here.

With Mezzmo it played without any changes to the file (.mts) and I have transcoding switched off.

With PCSM it did not initially display the file, I changed file extention to .mpg and it then recognised and played.

Cheers,
Mark

index on 1st post

post #459 of 792 Old 12-14-2010, 09:50 AM

Quote:

Responded in PM but thought would post results here.

With Mezzmo it played without any changes to the file (.mts) and I have transcoding switched off.

With PCSM it did not initially display the file, I changed file extention to .mpg and it then recognised and played.

Cheers,
Mark

Thanks Brit! That's great news.
post #460 of 792 Old 12-15-2010, 05:24 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:

It's exactly so: the codecs are supported, but for some strange reason Samsung forgot to tell her TVs/players about the .mts (or BluRay's .m2ts) containers.
I too had this problem on my C class TV when I tried to play .mts or .m2ts files via the USB port, and I resolved it by simply changing the file extension to .ts
This way both my HD camcorder's and BluRay files are being recognized and played without any fuss.

Carpe Diem
post #461 of 792 Old 12-15-2010, 08:25 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikek View Post

I use winavi all-in-one converter.

Here are my settings:

(Bear in mind: I am a novice.)

Video Setttings:

Video Encoder: H.264/AVC

Bit rate: Usually about 4400 kbps (I use custom output size)

Frame rate: Keep original frame rate

Audio Settings (I think this is the important part)

Audio encoder: ATSC A/52A (AC-3)

Sample rate: 48000 Hz

Bitrate: 192 Kbps

That is what works for me. I hope this helps. I use my stereo speakers and get Dolby Digital and audio and video are synced.

-mk

mk, I'm playing with WinAVI now. I'm trying your settings and its encoding now. Even though it looked like I downloaded a free version, It tells me I'll get the watermark until I register and pay Is there a free version?

Also as I look at the preview window it looks like it is encoding the subtitles. I don't want the subtitles. I think the subtitle file was in the same folder. Should I have removed that srt file? Thanks!
post #462 of 792 Old 12-15-2010, 12:17 PM

I hope this question has a place here.

I'm a very very basic consumer, but would like to take advantage of the quality of HDTV and the service available from netflix. 90 percent of the technical discussion on maintaining databases, libraries, third party management software, etc in this thread just strengthens my desire to keep it simple since I'm having so many problems just hooking up the basics. Maybe next year for all that. But for now....

Monday morning at 10 am I unboxed the 50" Samsung Plasma and the BDC6500. I did not have a router in the house so I plugged the blu ray into the six year old cable modem directly. I chose the samsung based on reviews and to enable netflix with a minimum of complexity. But now I'm wondering if going through my laptop with an HDMI cable (I have a high speed 30ft cable from Monoprice) might suit me better?

The modem/blu ray setup would not get beyond the ping mode. Samsung and ISP phone support was no help. I went and got a new cable modem, motorola from walmart, and it got everything up and running, passed all connectivity tests, but when I got to the netflix screen i was advised that I had no connection to the internet. Phone help went nowhere again. Un/reconnected and retested over and over. Returned the modem and got a Zoom modem from Best Buy. All of a sudden the Samsung is talking to the modem like good buddies! No problems. Evidently this was indeed a modem problem for me.

Not knowing better, I thought I might not need a router if I used the USB connection on my modem to connect the laptop. It wasn't working out so I googled it and discovered that this was not possible to do.

I'm about to go to the store to get a router and suddenly find out that Samsungs' servers are down for 24hr maintenance so I won't be able to watch netflix or indeed even work on anything to establish my connectivity.

What suprised me here was that all along I was running under the assumption that my blu ray player was essentially connecting to netflix direct. I had no idea that it was funneled through Samsung, that apparantly I'm dependant on Samsungs' servers for my future use. Now I'm reading this thread I'm understanding it a bit more, but still can't wrap my head around why the firmware inside the device can't simply connect to and utilize netflix stream independant of samgsung into the future. But that's no doubt technically so far beyond me that it is not important.

I just watch movies and cable stations. No music, no saved libraries, no desire for feature sets beyond the ability to view, pause, forward, backward and basic navigation screens provided by the player and television out of the box.

Should I "just" use my laptop with HDMI connection?
It's a new HP 8510W workstation with dual core Intel processor.
post #463 of 792 Old 12-15-2010, 02:56 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by frascati View Post

What suprised me here was that all along I was running under the assumption that my blu ray player was essentially connecting to netflix direct. I had no idea that it was funneled through Samsung, that apparantly I'm dependant on Samsungs' servers for my future use. Now I'm reading this thread I'm understanding it a bit more, but still can't wrap my head around why the firmware inside the device can't simply connect to and utilize netflix stream independant of samgsung into the future. But that's no doubt technically so far beyond me that it is not important.

What makes you think Netflix goes via Samsung? As far as I'm aware it does not and would be horrendous as Samsungs servers are in South Korea. Wondering if you got confused as thats where the speed tests and likely the firmware upgrades come from.

Quote:

I just watch movies and cable stations. No music, no saved libraries, no desire for feature sets beyond the ability to view, pause, forward, backward and basic navigation screens provided by the player and television out of the box.

Should I "just" use my laptop with HDMI connection?
It's a new HP 8510W workstation with dual core Intel processor.

Thats obviously an option but do you not want to play Blu-rays? Also the streaming from PC is a really good feature but guess you could do that with PC too. The one downside you have is with using PC is that if your watching a movie noone can use PC.

index on 1st post

post #464 of 792 Old 12-15-2010, 06:31 PM

Hey,

I have samsung B6500 blu ray player. It detects my laptop's Windows 7 media player playlist automatically and plays all the default files that came with the system. But when I add new files to the media player playlist they are not getting detected. Any Ideas ?

Help is very much appreciated. Thanks
post #465 of 792 Old 12-15-2010, 11:18 PM

Quote:

I'm going to give Samsung a call but not expecting any help. When it comes to connectivity problems technical support ALWAYS blames someone else. The only time a company will accept responsibility for network problems is your ISP when there is an otuttage (who can they blame for that?).

Yep. As expected Samsung service was no help AT ALL.

They first blamed my firewall but wouldn't tell me which ports to open. I was sure the firewall wasn't the problem so I turned the firewall off and that didn't solve anything.

At one point the lady I was talking to asked me if I was using a splitter. I said what the hell is a splitter? She described a switch, so I asked her if that's what she was talking about and she said, "you can call it that if you want." Really? So a "splitter" is the correct terminology? WTF? How does Samsung have people this incompetent giving techincal support?

Then they blamed my ISP's firewall. My ISP is Time Warner. I'm pretty darn sure TWX isn't blocking ports that this TV uses or this would be a well-known & widespread problem.
post #466 of 792 Old 12-16-2010, 04:53 AM

After a week of frustration I finally have my TV connecting to the Internet. And of course there are other issues now...

When I try to use the Twitter app I get a message that says "This is available to a registered user only. Create a user account in the Settings menu and register a service site before you can login."

I've already gone to Settings -> Internet@TV Login ID -> Create your Login ID and created a login ID there.

Then I go to Settings -> Internet@TV Login ID -> Manage your App account -> App Account -> Samsung Apps -> Connect

Now it asks for a Samsung Apps site ID and password. I've tried entering my Internet@TV Login ID and I've tried entering my login info from Samsung.com (this is my email address and a password). Neither one of those work.

Is the "Samsung Apps site ID" a totally different account? And if so, how do I sign up for this? There shouldn't be THREE different logins. This is out of control.

And yes, I have already gone to Settings -> Internet@TV Login ID -> Manage your App account -> App Account -> Twitter and connected my Twitter account to the TV.

Thanks for your help.
post #467 of 792 Old 12-16-2010, 05:22 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

^^^

I had the same problem with Facebook. It might be that your problem is that you are not Logged in.

At the bottom of the Internet@TV screen is a red Login A button. Press it and put in your 4 digit password.

Dumb I know and not explained anywhere! That I found at least!

index on 1st post

post #468 of 792 Old 12-16-2010, 12:13 PM

Quote:
What makes you think Netflix goes via Samsung? As far as I'm aware it does not and would be horrendous as Samsungs servers are in South Korea. Wondering if you got confused as thats where the speed tests and likely the firmware upgrades come from.

This is encouraging no matter what the facts are. If it's true then it eases my mind a bit. If not, and netflix is being routed through Samsung's servers, then I'm feeling a little less like "the last one to get the memo" as as I did when this was first pointed out to me.

I was in the middle of a service phone call to Samsung and the woman, one of the thousands of community college part timers with seemingly less technical knowledge than she was born with that samsung sees fit to hire, told me she wouldn't be able to do anything for me anyway for a while since their servers were under maintenance for netflix streaming and nothing could be done. I thought surely that meant that updates, firmware, etc might not be available, told her so, and asked to proceed with the simple hooking up part of it. She said she couldn't. I practially screamed (ok, i in fact did) at her that she did not know what she was talking about.... that she knew nothing about this stuff... that it was like "toshiba telling me my laptop won't connect to the internet because toshiba's servers were down". She said she'd transfer me to her supervisor and he actually confirmed what she was telling me.

Still suspicious of a run around (i'd been getting them from samsung's help line employees nonstop for two days now) I telephoned Netflix. The first person confirmed it and again I went to a supervisor. The supervisor confirmed it as well. He told me that neflix has contracted with LG, Samsung, etc, as well as Roku and various game player machines and EACH of these delivers netflix content through their respecive servers.

If all these people are pulling my leg still, it's a frighteningly sad comment on the community of tech help employees out there (as if it could be worse in most peoples experience) For god's sake, is Samsung serious with some of these hires? Even their supervisors seem less capable than my eight year old.

Actually, two companies that I was astonished with in the help department were Zoom and Netgear. Netgear in fact answers your call within the first three rings (consistent through five separate occasions at various times of day) and the workers were all exceptionally confidence inspiring and knowledgeable. Hewlett Packard (my laptop which thanks to god rarely gives me fits) left me waiting for someone for 35 mins. I quit. Called back and waited 25 mins. Started nodding off. Just gave up entirely. Somehow, tragically, that was less agonizing than dealing with the nearly total uselessness of Samsung's service. At least my half hour was spent reading a good book instead of ripping my hair out in wads.
post #469 of 792 Old 12-16-2010, 12:33 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
For anyone interested -

A user at the LimeTech forums got MediaTomb w/unRAID working on his Samsung.

http://lime-technology.com/forum/ind...90780#msg90780
post #470 of 792 Old 12-16-2010, 03:48 PM

Quote:

^^^

I had the same problem with Facebook. It might be that your problem is that you are not Logged in.

At the bottom of the Internet@TV screen is a red Login A button. Press it and put in your 4 digit password.

Dumb I know and not explained anywhere! That I found at least!

Yes, that was one problem. Another problem is that last night Samsung's servers were having issues so it wasn't accepting my Samsung Apps login (that's why I thought some third login was needed).

Annoying that you need two different logins and that there are so many different places where you have to login in order for everything to work. So now I've got the networking on the TV working right but still have an issue on my computer. I keep getting a pop up on my Vista x64 that says "windows needs to install driver for your samsung dtv dmr."

Samsung says that this only happens on Vista x64 and there is nothing that can be done about it. But based on my experience with Samsung tech support so far I'm not inclined to take their word for it. Anyone got a solution? I haven't installed the Samsung PC software yet, I'm thinking that if I install that it might take care of the problem. Crossing my fingers.
post #471 of 792 Old 12-17-2010, 09:42 AM

This stuff is just an inviting rabbit hole of elation and wonderment down one passage and then disappointment and frustration waiting around the bend.

I was watching "The Bountyhunter" last night. It's about the 10th movie I'd watched via streaming netflix through the samsung, so what I began to percieve made me wonder if I was merely getting more discriminating in my observations or if there was something inherent to this particular movie. I started noticing that body movements, automobiles moving, etc, were exhibiting an irritating strobe effect. I recognized it as low frame rate and just googled "netflix frame rates per second" and found plenty to confirm my worries right on the first of many pages.

http://netflixcommunity.ning.com/for...mment%3A959231

Is there a method of determining FPS when streaming via the blu ray player? I just called netflix and they have logs which indicate that last night while I was watching "The Bountyhunter" my speed was as high as 21mb and never lower than 9mb. Netflix tech asst assured me that frame rate was very unlikely to be impaired at that speed. My ISP is surely going to tell me the same thing. There is no doubt that I was witnessing it with my own eyes.

What's the next step?
post #472 of 792 Old 12-17-2010, 11:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
After a week of frustration I finally have my TV connecting to the Internet.
So, very curious what you changed to get the TV connection to the internet working?

Al
post #473 of 792 Old 12-17-2010, 06:07 PM

Quote:

I'm about to go to the store to get a router and suddenly find out that Samsungs' servers are down for 24hr maintenance so I won't be able to watch netflix or indeed even work on anything to establish my connectivity.
I had a similar moment when talking to Samsung service yesterday - how is using the Samsung servers a sensible thing? I am still having connection problems. Anyone else still having issues?

frascati, as to your question of whether you should just hook up your computer via HDMI to your TV and stream that way... at least for my setup, Samsung BDP2550 and Samsung LN40A550, streaming using the Samsung player has a significantly better picture than using a computer. The BDP2550 has a Reon HQV video processor, which I know current players do not have. Still, I have to imagine that your bdc6500 will also provide a better picture than streaming from your computer.
post #474 of 792 Old 12-18-2010, 02:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Sherwood View Post

So, very curious what you changed to get the TV connection to the internet working?

Previously I had been either setting everything up manually or automatically. Just for kicks I decided to set Internet Protocol Setup to auto and manually set the DNS Server. That worked for some inexplicable reason.

The IP Setup consists of IP Adress, Subnet Mask and Gateway. When setting them manually they were all set correctly and the TV passed its own test for these items. But it wasn't connecting to the Internet.

I can't tell you why setting both to manual or both to auto fails. Sometimes things just don't make sense and this is one of them. Might be a unique issue the TV software has with my bridge or my router. But that wouldn't make any sense because all bridges & routers should look the same to the TV.

I'm just glad I finally got the darn thing working. I appreciate your taking a stab at trying to help me.
post #475 of 792 Old 12-18-2010, 02:15 AM

Quote:

I keep getting a pop up on my Vista x64 that says "windows needs to install driver for your samsung dtv dmr."

Samsung says that this only happens on Vista x64 and there is nothing that can be done about it. But based on my experience with Samsung tech support so far I'm not inclined to take their word for it. Anyone got a solution? I haven't installed the Samsung PC software yet, I'm thinking that if I install that it might take care of the problem. Crossing my fingers.

My hunch was right. Samsung insisted there are no drivers for my computer and that installing the software wouldn't help me. They said I'd have to live with the pop ups forever.

Well, as has often been the case, Samsung tech support was wrong. As soon as I installed the Samsung PC Share Manager software these annoying pop ups went away. Even on Vista 64 bit.

Now, finding a working link to download the software was a challenge. Samsung's site has many dead links pointing to the software. But their chat support was able to give me a link to download the software.
post #476 of 792 Old 12-18-2010, 12:35 PM

Quote:

My hunch was right. Samsung insisted there are no drivers for my computer and that installing the software wouldn't help me. They said I'd have to live with the pop ups forever.

Well, as has often been the case, Samsung tech support was wrong. As soon as I installed the Samsung PC Share Manager software these annoying pop ups went away. Even on Vista 64 bit.

Now, finding a working link to download the software was a challenge. Samsung's site has many dead links pointing to the software. But their chat support was able to give me a link to download the software.

Just an update/clarification to this, the link I got from Samsung was for v4.03. I saw another thread on CNET where people installed the newest version 4.2 and they still have the problem with driver pop ups.

Question for the veterans here. I noticed that the beginning of this thread has downloads to several versions of the PC Share Manager software. Is there a reason 4.03 has so many more downloads than any other version? IIRC more downloads for 4.03 than all the other versions combined.

I'm tempted to download v4.2 but afraid the driver pop ups will come back. Is there a change log? I'm wondering what the changes are in 4.2.
post #477 of 792 Old 12-18-2010, 01:05 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I don't use PCSM any more but recollect 4.2 had issues and I reverted to 4.1

index on 1st post

post #478 of 792 Old 12-18-2010, 01:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:

Just an update/clarification to this, the link I got from Samsung was for v4.03. I saw another thread on CNET where people installed the newest version 4.2 and they still have the problem with driver pop ups.

Question for the veterans here. I noticed that the beginning of this thread has downloads to several versions of the PC Share Manager software. Is there a reason 4.03 has so many more downloads than any other version? IIRC more downloads for 4.03 than all the other versions combined.

I'm tempted to download v4.2 but afraid the driver pop ups will come back. Is there a change log? I'm wondering what the changes are in 4.2.

The information for the changes or fixes that each version applied were vaugue at best. I would be surprised if the pop-ups came back when using a later version, I did not have any.

Regarding PCSM v4.2, I did not have any new or differnt issues when using this version then the earlier version on Vista 32.

I have since moved to Windows 7 on the platform that is connected to the TV so PCSM is not installed anymore (AFAIK W7 is not supported by PCSM), I got tired of the audio/video sync issues and AllShare.

Quote:

Previously I had been either setting everything up manually or automatically. Just for kicks I decided to set Internet Protocol Setup to auto and manually set the DNS Server. That worked for some inexplicable reason.

The IP Setup consists of IP Adress, Subnet Mask and Gateway. When setting them manually they were all set correctly and the TV passed its own test for these items. But it wasn't connecting to the Internet.

I can't tell you why setting both to manual or both to auto fails. Sometimes things just don't make sense and this is one of them. Might be a unique issue the TV software has with my bridge or my router. But that wouldn't make any sense because all bridges & routers should look the same to the TV.

I'm just glad I finally got the darn thing working. I appreciate your taking a stab at trying to help me.

You're welcome!

Al
post #479 of 792 Old 12-21-2010, 03:01 PM

I am using PCSM and I can see all my computers on my TV, but can only get into my movie folder very sporadically. It just seems like it stalls out and then errors out. I can get into my music folder no problem and when I do finally access my video folder, it seems like it takes 10-20 tries to finally access.

Once I am in, it works fine. Any ideas?
post #480 of 792 Old 12-21-2010, 06:32 PM

Strange thing is I downloaded Mezzmo and everything shows up just fine. For some reason, on PCSM, it just lags when I try to open up the video folder. All other folders open up fine.
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page