Hi. I'm a newbie to these boards, but very impressed with the great info. Very informative.
I need help. Issue: I cannot stream MP4 video files from my NAS (Buffalo LinkStation Quad LS-QL/R5) to my new Samsung TV (UN55ES6100) using Samsung AllShare. I see many others have had this problem, too, but I still don't know what to do. Any Ideas?
More background info: Have a wired ethernet network (Linksys BEFSR41) with wireless access point (Linksys WRT160NL). TV is connected via HDMI to Onkyo TX-NR609 AV receiver. Apple TV connected to Onkyo, too. There are 2 desktop PC's and 2 portable PC's, all running Win 7.
For the exact same MP4 video file: 1. I can plug it into the TV USB port and it will play properly on the TV; 2. I can stream it successfully to the Samsung TV via Apple TV through ITunes playing on desktop PC but accessing file on NAS; 3. I can successfully stream the movie from the NAS to a Western Digital Live TV Plus box connected to a different TV.
Some posts suggest using Serviio to solve problem. I've gone to the site, but I do not understand how to use it or install it. If Serviio is the solution:
1. How, specifically, do I install Serviio on the NAS?
2. I want to be able to stream the files from the NAS, without a PC turned on.
3. Do I have to load Serviio every time I want to play a video file, or will it operate passively in the background?
4. If I install Serviio, will it screw up anything else?
5. Any links to where I can read more info on this?
Any other options (preferably easier), other than Serviio?
Sorry this post is so long, but I wanted to give as much info as possible. Thanks for any help.