Samsung AllShare and Internet@TV Discussion - Page 27 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #781 of 792 Old 04-30-2013, 08:49 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi guys, please help me with the installation of allshare. Since i'm not good at English, so take a look at these pics:
I'm trying to install Allshare and that thing give my this:

The firewall have been turn off already:

I don't even use such thing called 'anti-virus'

And I have installed dotNetFx4.0 already.
But I still can't install Allshare. Guys, plz help me ....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #782 of 792 Old 05-05-2013, 07:27 PM

Hi Folks,

I have an ES8000 46", on which I plugged an USB external HD (Western Digital 320 GB). I formatted the disk, checked it, and made the performance test. It passed smoothly through all this and, in the end, I got a message saying that "The recording and timeshift functions are available". However, when I switch back watch the cable TV and press the record button a message pops up on the screen saying "not available"!

Could you help me with that?

Thanks,

Sergio
post #783 of 792 Old 07-05-2013, 08:52 AM

I guess that I have a solution for the issue:

I had installed Allshare media server software in my main PC (Win 7 Pro 64 bits).
I had a Cisco Linksys router (150 Mbps plus 100 Mbps wired).
The connection of the PC and the router was wired.
Allshare server worked Ok.
The I changed to a dual band router and installed a Wifi network card in the PC. So I had two network interfaces in the PC.
The Allshare service started to crash continuously.
I tried to use other DLNA servers but they kept crashing.

Then I deactivated the Wireless interface in the PC and the Allshare service started to work OK.
When I reactivated the Wireless card the crashing started again.

Finally I created a network bridge between the two network interfaces in the PC (the wired and teh wireless) so the Allshare server could only see one interface.

So far the Allshare server has been working flawlessly for a couple of days.

I´m using the DHCP of the router for all the devices connected to my home network, which include Ipods, Ipads an other three PCs with Win 7. So far it has worked OK.

My idea is that the issue is related to having more than one network interface in the Allshare server, so the service does not know which one to use. After the interfaces had been bridged, the Allshare service only saw one network interface and the problem seems to be gone.
Any additional comments would be great.
post #784 of 792 Old 07-22-2013, 12:58 PM

Just curious if anyone else has this problem. When I stream a movie to my Samsung HDTV using the Samsung Link (All Share)...after about 2 1/2 hours the computer just shuts down. Any advise?
post #785 of 792 Old 07-23-2013, 07:07 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirkotc View Post

When I reactivated the Wireless card the crashing started again.

Wireless is typically the week link. If it was using the wireless connection to your PC instead of the hardwired, the quality of that connection was most likely your problem. Its also possible the PC wireless adapter was interfering with your bridge wireless connection.

I know from experience that Samsung DLNA is extremely sensitive to connection quality.
post #786 of 792 Old 07-26-2013, 02:43 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by darwin1975 View Post

Just curious if anyone else has this problem. When I stream a movie to my Samsung HDTV using the Samsung Link (All Share)...after about 2 1/2 hours the computer just shuts down. Any advise?
Computer going to sleep? Since no keyboard or mouse activity, computer does not think it is being used. Go hit the shift key every hour and see if problem goes away to test and then you can go from there (turn off sleep, extend time, etc.). /Dan
post #787 of 792 Old 07-28-2013, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danki6x View Post

Computer going to sleep? Since no keyboard or mouse activity, computer does not think it is being used. Go hit the shift key every hour and see if problem goes away to test and then you can go from there (turn off sleep, extend time, etc.). /Dan

Thanks for the reply...no. It's just shutting down. Once, I was on the computer when it happened. Another time, I was just watching the show and no one was at the computer. Yet another time, I was not logged into Allshare but the icon was grey on the toolbar "running programs"...I just don't know what is going on. Any other comments would be welcome. PS running Windows 7...could that be it? Don't think so but...just don't know.

Thanks again.
post #788 of 792 Old 07-29-2013, 06:04 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 30
This snippet may help troubleshooting....I copied & saved this, can't recall the source, but never used it.

Logging power events with Event viewer..

1 Open Event viewer and right click on Custom View and click on 'create custom view
2 Under the Filter Tab ; check "By Source" and from the Event sources dropdown select Kernel-Power, Power-Troubleshooter. Also check all the Event Levels.
3 Just above the Task Category you have space to enter the Event ID.. This is important as you dont need all the information except for entering sleep and resuming from sleep. Just enter 42,1
4 Leave the rest and click ok
5 Give a name for this Log ... and you are good to go.

I think 42 is the sleep event code?, you may need to find and replace with the shutdown event code?

sorry for incompleteness........
post #789 of 792 Old 09-30-2013, 08:59 AM

hi Guys,

anyone had experience connecting Synology DS213+ to samsung tv ? I have Samsung PS60F5500 smart 2013 model. Will this NAS be sufficient enough or should I choose another NAS ? What functions does NAS suppose to have in order to stream or access movies with samsung smart tv over it ?

Thank you

post #790 of 792 Old 03-19-2014, 09:03 AM

Hi all.

Im running Win 8.1 and my allshare is eating 20% CPU when starting windows with it? If I go to task manager and "end task" the service restarts and takes 0.1% again. This is happening all the time. I have tryed reinstallation with no luck.
Any ideas or anyone has the same problem?
post #791 of 792 Old 03-27-2014, 06:43 PM

Guys, I thought this would be an easy install. But, I cannot get my TV to allow me to see the videos and pics on my shared folder with Link. I get "The request cannot be complete. Media share..."

I have windows firewall turned off and all anitvirus disabled. How in WORLD do I get this to connect???? On the smart hub, it clearly see my PC but thats as far as I can get. There is not settings in my wireless router to change to my knowledge. What gives? WHy is this so incredibly flaky and difficult?
post #792 of 792 Old 06-06-2014, 04:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akerhage View Post

Hi all.

Im running Win 8.1 and my allshare is eating 20% CPU when starting windows with it? If I go to task manager and "end task" the service restarts and takes 0.1% again. This is happening all the time. I have tryed reinstallation with no luck.
Any ideas or anyone has the same problem?

Exactly the same issue for me.. windows 8.1 and I have cpu usage of 20, 30% on samsung link.. I had to turn it off beacause it was affecting my cpu temperature too much.. I have a powerful intel I7 computer.
Any solution..?
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page