Samsung AllShare and Internet@TV Discussion - Page 7 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #181 of 792 Old 06-01-2010, 11:42 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Al Sherwood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Victoria, BC Canada
Posts: 3,386
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 198 Post(s)
Liked: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by dovestar View Post

I was very tempted by the BD-C5500 but this forum is changing my mind. My main concern is the media streaming; can it stream from a simple Windows file share or do you really have to use DLNA software? I don't want to be messing around with DLNA when in my experience a simple file share produces much better results. Every other media player I've had has been able to use file shares.

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma9o7 View Post

It won't use windows file shares. Really wish it did tho.

News Flash!!!

I am going to check the details regarding my discovery tomorrow, but I have my PN58C550 sharing my Video/Audio/Picture files from a Windows Vista PC, and it does not have PC Share Manger installed...

I have an ASUS-R2Hv UMPC connected to my network wirelessly, when I turned on the TV and when to the 'source' menu there it was, discovered by AllShare. I went to the UMPC and there was a dialog box open:

Quote:
Windows Media Player Found: Unknown Device (**TV MAC ADDR**)
Windows Media Player can share Music, Pictures, or Video to this device
(click here to set up sharing)

Of course I opened the GUI and set up the permissions (BTW this GUI also listed my HTPC) and went back to the TV... and I could access all of the media files on the UMPC. Pretty cool, and no PC Share Manager!

BTW, the UMPC shows up in the PC Share Manager-'Set Device Policy' table... but I have not enabled it there.

I will do some more checking, but this may be an adition option?

Al
Al Sherwood is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #182 of 792 Old 06-02-2010, 03:40 PM
rdn
Advanced Member
 
rdn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bainbridge Island, WA
Posts: 587
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My BC-C5500 can see files in WMP, Tversity, Serviio and PCSM (not all will play, however).

Bob
rdn is offline  
post #183 of 792 Old 06-02-2010, 03:57 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Al Sherwood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Victoria, BC Canada
Posts: 3,386
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 198 Post(s)
Liked: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdn View Post

My BC-C5500 can see files in WMP, Tversity, Serviio and PCSM (not all will play, however).

Hmmm, I have been playing with this a bit, the GUI has the device listed as a 58-C590 (which is right) and it will access and play everything I have tried so far, video, audio and pictures...

I would hazard to guess if the files type or container is compatible with the lists found in the Samsung user manual it will work.

BTW, AllShare lists the ASUS UMPC as a Windows Media Player 11 device (which seems appropriate) and even has the correct graphic to go with it.

Al
Al Sherwood is online now  
post #184 of 792 Old 06-02-2010, 07:52 PM
Newbie
 
reyemka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Sherwood View Post

News Flash!!!

I am going to check the details regarding my discovery tomorrow, but I have my PN58C550 sharing my Video/Audio/Picture files from a Windows Vista PC, and it does not have PC Share Manger installed...

I have an ASUS-R2Hv UMPC connected to my network wirelessly, when I turned on the TV and when to the 'source' menu there it was, discovered by AllShare. I went to the UMPC and there was a dialog box open:



Of course I opened the GUI and set up the permissions (BTW this GUI also listed my HTPC) and went back to the TV... and I could access all of the media files on the UMPC. Pretty cool, and no PC Share Manager!

BTW, the UMPC shows up in the PC Share Manager-'Set Device Policy' table... but I have not enabled it there.

I will do some more checking, but this may be an adition option?

Al,

Can you provide more information about how you did this? Any audio sync issues this way?
reyemka is offline  
post #185 of 792 Old 06-02-2010, 08:22 PM
Newbie
 
reyemka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Sherwood View Post

News Flash!!!

I am going to check the details regarding my discovery tomorrow, but I have my PN58C550 sharing my Video/Audio/Picture files from a Windows Vista PC, and it does not have PC Share Manger installed...

I have an ASUS-R2Hv UMPC connected to my network wirelessly, when I turned on the TV and when to the 'source' menu there it was, discovered by AllShare. I went to the UMPC and there was a dialog box open:



Of course I opened the GUI and set up the permissions (BTW this GUI also listed my HTPC) and went back to the TV... and I could access all of the media files on the UMPC. Pretty cool, and no PC Share Manager!

BTW, the UMPC shows up in the PC Share Manager-'Set Device Policy' table... but I have not enabled it there.

I will do some more checking, but this may be an adition option?


Nevermind... I got it working. Still some audio sync issues, but I was using my laptop over the wireless network. I'll have to test it over the wired network.
reyemka is offline  
post #186 of 792 Old 06-07-2010, 09:38 PM
Member
 
HankTheTurtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 115
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Is there any way to stop Serviio from eating up half my system resources when it's not even being used?

I have it set to not update automatically and my TV is turned off, yet it's still using up a lot of resources. The Library Status says it's checking for new files, but I'm pretty sure everything's already all available from my TV.
HankTheTurtle is offline  
post #187 of 792 Old 06-13-2010, 03:47 PM
Senior Member
 
superflysocal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 385
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Has anyone gotten this error message when trying to add folders in Samsung PSM 4.1?

"Can only share folder items"

I think i have narrowed it down to folders from external hard drive hooked up to a PC or networked share drive
(as oppose to an internal hard drive)
superflysocal is offline  
post #188 of 792 Old 06-13-2010, 04:36 PM
Senior Member
 
superflysocal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 385
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by superflysocal View Post

Has anyone gotten this error message when trying to add folders in Samsung PSM 4.1?

"Can only share folder items"

I think i have narrowed it down to folders from external hard drive hooked up to a PC or networked share drive
(as oppose to an internal hard drive)

BREAKTHORUGH for me!!
Been frustrated with the above bug, but figured out a way around it. If I go to a folder and drag it over or select it to add to share it gives me the above error and doesn't add that folder. BUT, if i select the folder i want to share and right click then select Properties, I am given a pop up menu. I click on Share (instead of Unshare), and then OK. It still gives me the error, but IT ADDS THE FOLDER!!
superflysocal is offline  
post #189 of 792 Old 06-13-2010, 06:00 PM
AVS Special Member
 
almostinsane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 4,027
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Sherwood View Post

News Flash!!!

I am going to check the details regarding my discovery tomorrow, but I have my PN58C550 sharing my Video/Audio/Picture files from a Windows Vista PC, and it does not have PC Share Manger installed...

I have an ASUS-R2Hv UMPC connected to my network wirelessly, when I turned on the TV and when to the 'source' menu there it was, discovered by AllShare. I went to the UMPC and there was a dialog box open:



Of course I opened the GUI and set up the permissions (BTW this GUI also listed my HTPC) and went back to the TV... and I could access all of the media files on the UMPC. Pretty cool, and no PC Share Manager!

BTW, the UMPC shows up in the PC Share Manager-'Set Device Policy' table... but I have not enabled it there.

I will do some more checking, but this may be an adition option?

I never installed this PCSM software. Just opened Windows MEdia Player and added the folder to my stuff and shared it. Shows up on my TV and I can play files perfectly.
almostinsane is offline  
post #190 of 792 Old 06-13-2010, 06:17 PM
Senior Member
 
superflysocal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 385
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by superflysocal View Post

BREAKTHORUGH for me!!
Been frustrated with the above bug, but figured out a way around it. If I go to a folder and drag it over or select it to add to share it gives me the above error and doesn't add that folder. BUT, if i select the folder i want to share and right click then select Properties, I am given a pop up menu. I click on Share (instead of Unshare), and then OK. It still gives me the error, but IT ADDS THE FOLDER!!


spoke too soon. Software gets stuck at about 80% while adding my movie folder. I can end the program and rerun he server and the movies already added will play. Not sure which movie casued it to crash or stuck.

Anyone got Tversity to play? I tried changing the profiles.xml file as shown in one of the earlier posts and it casued lots of issues with Tversity (and still doesn't play).
superflysocal is offline  
post #191 of 792 Old 06-13-2010, 06:47 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Al Sherwood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Victoria, BC Canada
Posts: 3,386
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 198 Post(s)
Liked: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by almostinsane View Post

I never installed this PCSM software. Just opened Windows MEdia Player and added the folder to my stuff and shared it. Shows up on my TV and I can play files perfectly.

I and others are experiencing audio/video sync issues, from your quote above, you are using AllShare on the TV right? (me too)

When I play MKV Hi-Def files or reduced definition Xvid files the sound will go out of sync with the picture after only a few minutes, varies between 15-20 minutes into the show...

Next time you watch a few shows, did you want to watch(listen) for this?

Thanks!

Al
Al Sherwood is online now  
post #192 of 792 Old 06-13-2010, 08:00 PM
Senior Member
 
superflysocal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 385
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by superflysocal View Post

spoke too soon. Software gets stuck at about 80% while adding my movie folder. I can end the program and rerun he server and the movies already added will play. Not sure which movie casued it to crash or stuck.

Anyone got Tversity to play? I tried changing the profiles.xml file as shown in one of the earlier posts and it casued lots of issues with Tversity (and still doesn't play).

Figured which movie is causing the stuck. I removed it and everything is fine now.

However, just discovered Serviio which works great!! One mkv wouldn't play but I changed profile to Samsung Wiselink Pro and now that file plays fine.
superflysocal is offline  
post #193 of 792 Old 06-16-2010, 10:51 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
BritInVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Ashburn, VA
Posts: 3,816
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Looks like on the newer blu-ray player firmware Samsung have improved the Forward/Rewind feature.

If you press the L/R directional key once it jumps forward/back around 10s but if you hold the button down its more FF/REW like (althou it more of a multi 1min+ jump).

Works for me on AVI's, MKV's and MP4's too.

Kudos to Samsung on improving that!

=====================================
My HT Thread index on 1st post
Samsung AllShare and Internet@TV Discussion
BritInVA is offline  
post #194 of 792 Old 06-27-2010, 12:59 PM
Member
 
Murry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 28
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Need some help. I have the Samsung 55" LCD 2010 model with the usb wireless dongle for allshare to stream videos, pics, and music from my vista pc using the latest version of Samsung pc share manager 4.03. Everthing works except that after the server database updates, it includes all my unwanted videos on my pc. Why is the program doing this after assigning the shared folders I only want to use ex. e:\\movies? It's including videos from even my camera from some other unselected folder on my pc?
Murry is offline  
post #195 of 792 Old 06-27-2010, 02:28 PM
Newbie
 
AroundTheCorner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just after I mounted my Samsung UE32C6005 LED TV on the wall I started to fiddle with the AllShare functionality. After a while I managed to get the PC Share Manager Software downloaded, reading the guides, and finally gotten it installed on my file server.

Well Samsung PCSM isn’t very capable, is it? I was so disappointed. When adding my media library, the progress bar didn’t even move! Something must be wrong!

After more googling – I found this forum, where I found the other media servers that are good-to-go with a Samsung TV. I’ve tried them, some of them work better than others, but none of them are “The Media player” for my TV.
More googling! And then I found Mezzmo by Conceiva www.mezzmo.com This is the media server! Easy to install, simple to manage, and very competent. It works like a charm, it’s fast, it indexes music and images very quickly. I like Mezzmo and so does my Samsung!
Check it out at www.mezzmo.com

The Mezzmo DLNA has preconfigured profiles for Samsung A, B, C series devices. Be sure to use the correct profile!!

=======================
Gone and Away, Back in a Day
AroundTheCorner is offline  
post #196 of 792 Old 06-27-2010, 03:09 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Al Sherwood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Victoria, BC Canada
Posts: 3,386
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 198 Post(s)
Liked: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murry View Post

Need some help. I have the Samsung 55" LCD 2010 model with the usb wireless dongle for allshare to stream videos, pics, and music from my vista pc using the latest version of Samsung pc share manager 4.03. Everthing works except that after the server database updates, it includes all my unwanted videos on my pc. Why is the program doing this after assigning the shared folders I only want to use ex. e:\\movies? It's including videos from even my camera from some other unselected folder on my pc?

If you are positive that you didn't assign the 'other' folders via PC Share Manager, it could be Windows itself making these available.

Media Player within Windows will recognize the Samsung TV as a 'computer' to share media files with, and you could have the defaults for this process open to allow this on that particular PC.

How/where and what is the Samsung seeing these files as?

Al
Al Sherwood is online now  
post #197 of 792 Old 06-27-2010, 03:13 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Al Sherwood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Victoria, BC Canada
Posts: 3,386
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 198 Post(s)
Liked: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by AroundTheCorner View Post

Just after I mounted my Samsung UE32C6005 LED TV on the wall I started to fiddle with the AllShare functionality. After a while I managed to get the PC Share Manager Software downloaded, reading the guides, and finally gotten it installed on my file server.
Well Samsung PCSM isn’t very capable, is it? I was so disappointed. When adding my media library, the progress bar didn’t even move! Something must be wrong!
After more googling – I found this forum, where I found the other media servers that are good-to-go with a Samsung TV. I’ve tried them, some of them work better than others, but none of them are “The Media player” for my TV.
More googling! And then I found Mezzmo by Conceiva www.mezzmo.com This is the media player! Easy to install, simple to manage, and very competent. It works like a charm, it’s fast, it indexes music and images very quickly. I like Mezzmo and so does my Samsung!
Check it out at www.mezzmo.com

The Mezzmo DLNA has preconfigured profiles for Samsung A, B, C series devices. Be sure to use the correct profile!!

Looks kind of interesting, not expensive either, I'll have to do some reading to determine file compatibility for my usage.

My only real complaint other then speed for sorting through files (especially music) is the audio/video sync issues I get when playing back video programs... It can take awhile and seems to be worse with Hi-Def MKV's but eventually the audio gets out of sync with the video.

Can you test this with your install? Thanks!

Al
Al Sherwood is online now  
post #198 of 792 Old 06-28-2010, 02:47 AM
Newbie
 
AroundTheCorner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Sure, I will give it a go.

What I did do was put my Avatar DVD into the file server, ripped it to disc (using the original encoding), splitting it to one file per chapter. As soon as the the first chapter had been completed, I added the folder to mezzmo and started to watch it. Aside from the small glitch between chapters mezzmo served the complete movie without a problem. I tried to compare the quality between playing it in the DVD player as compared to having it stream by Mezzmo. I can't tell any differnce, although there might be an ever so slight better image quality from Mezzmo. Should there be a difference?

I thought the music index was very quick. Did you disable the cover lookup functionality?
(I didn't reflect on the actual time it took index my music files, and I have more than 3000 .mp3 in my library.)

=======================
Gone and Away, Back in a Day
AroundTheCorner is offline  
post #199 of 792 Old 07-01-2010, 12:13 PM
Newbie
 
smeg918's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi Everybody, New to forum, hope somebody can help me here, because Samsung Support need to learn what Support means. Firstly I'm not that technical when it comes to PC and streaming etc, so if you can keep it in plain English that would help. So, here's the problem.

I've got a Samsung 46C7000 TV that i want to use the Allshare facility with my PC, wirelessly. The PC has Windows 7. I've loaded the Allshare but when I go to set device there is no TV. What am i doing wrong!!!!.

I Know it would cost more but I'm tempted to get a wireless HDMI set-up
smeg918 is offline  
post #200 of 792 Old 07-01-2010, 08:38 PM
Member
 
enigma9o7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 180
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm not familiar with that TV, but first obvious question - does the tv have even have wireless, and if so is it successfully connected to your network? For example can you access any internet-based services from your tv?

If you can't get it going yourself, you might be better off hiring a cheap computer/tech consultant from craigslist to come over and set it up for you. There's usually lotsa tech-savy people advertising housecalls, and I'm sure even if they only advertise computer stuff, just call anyway, I'm sure someone would be happy to setup your tv... Or call bestbuy/nerd-heard if you wanna pay twice as much for the same thing.
enigma9o7 is offline  
post #201 of 792 Old 07-02-2010, 10:36 AM
Newbie
 
smeg918's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi Enigma,
Yes it's wirless, I can access the samsung apps, everything is set up apart from the allshare, I've been told that the allshare doesn't work with windows 7, anybody know diffrent.
smeg918 is offline  
post #202 of 792 Old 07-05-2010, 12:00 PM
Newbie
 
gPaq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My TV is the UN55C6300, and it appears to be the only 2010 model in the USA that does not support the Internet@TV fuctionality (it does have the share and DLNA functionality). Is there no means to upgrade the firmware, perhaps with a version of a supported model, to enable Internet@TV? I can't imagine that the hardware would be any different than e.g. the UN55C6500 model... Anyone have any experience with cross-model firmware?
gPaq is offline  
post #203 of 792 Old 07-05-2010, 07:41 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
BritInVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Ashburn, VA
Posts: 3,816
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by gPaq View Post

My TV is the UN55C6300, and it appears to be the only 2010 model in the USA that does not support the Internet@TV fuctionality (it does have the share and DLNA functionality). Is there no means to upgrade the firmware, perhaps with a version of a supported model, to enable Internet@TV? I can't imagine that the hardware would be any different than e.g. the UN55C6500 model... Anyone have any experience with cross-model firmware?

I believe Internet@TV require on-board memory which may not be on the other model

=====================================
My HT Thread index on 1st post
Samsung AllShare and Internet@TV Discussion
BritInVA is offline  
post #204 of 792 Old 07-07-2010, 01:33 PM
Newbie
 
RickatIndy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm looking to create a digital library of the hundreds of DVD's we have and we just got a Samsung BD-C6900. We can connect an external hard drive to the player to stream media off it... Doesn't appear it supports VOB, VOD, or ISO formats, so I'm asking, of the supported formats,
(1.) what looks best (MP4?) and
(2.) what software would you recommend to use to rip the full DVD (want to keep it as close to the original full disk as possible) Similar to what I've been able to do with Windows Media Player and my music CD's.
I know I need to do much more research, but am feeling information overload and I'm not sure the best place to start. (other than here... )

Thanks for the help.
RickatIndy is offline  
post #205 of 792 Old 07-08-2010, 10:13 PM
Member
 
enigma9o7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 180
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickatIndy View Post

I'm looking to create a digital library of the hundreds of DVD's we have and we just got a Samsung BD-C6900. We can connect an external hard drive to the player to stream media off it... Doesn't appear it supports VOB, VOD, or ISO formats, so I'm asking, of the supported formats,
(1.) what looks best (MP4?) and
(2.) what software would you recommend to use to rip the full DVD (want to keep it as close to the original full disk as possible) Similar to what I've been able to do with Windows Media Player and my music CD's.
I know I need to do much more research, but am feeling information overload and I'm not sure the best place to start. (other than here... )

Thanks for the help.

http://handbrake.fr/details.php
I'd recommend using handbrake to rip each dvd into a mkv. Use h.264 for video, and for audio use passthru to keep the original dolby/dts... and include subs if you think you might want them, they take very very little space. Right now my bd player (BD-C5500) doesnt support subtitles within mkv, and I assume your player is the same, but hopefully with firmware they'll fix that. It also keeps the chapters for you.

When you play from USB you aren't really using AllShare and so you won't have the network/streaming issues/limitations to deal with, you'll just plug and play.
enigma9o7 is offline  
post #206 of 792 Old 07-09-2010, 06:33 AM
Newbie
 
DalekSec's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 13
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi all,

I would like to know if anyone has tried the DLNA streaming of the C550 with a Synology disk station? I have good success streaming to my Oppo BDP-83 and I am looking at the C550 as a player for the study (as it's 1/4 the price of the Oppo here in Australia).

I have a Synology DS-508.

Cheers
Simon
DalekSec is offline  
post #207 of 792 Old 07-11-2010, 07:42 AM
Newbie
 
gPaq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by BritInVA View Post

I believe Internet@TV require on-board memory which may not be on the other model

I believe you may indeed be on to the real difference between these models: memory. The latest firmware for the 6300 series is named "2010_DTV_firmware_for_Valencia_128M" whereas the file for most other models is "2010_DTV_firmware_for_Valencia_1G". This leads me to believe that the UNxxC6300 would have 128MB of memory and other models that do support Internet@TV have a full 1 GB of memory. Seems like it would be a challenge to open the panel and add memory, if that were even an option. Something tells me that might void warranty also... Bummer!
gPaq is offline  
post #208 of 792 Old 07-16-2010, 12:41 PM
Newbie
 
Hight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Does All Share support cover art for music tracks?
Hight is offline  
post #209 of 792 Old 07-16-2010, 12:53 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
BritInVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Ashburn, VA
Posts: 3,816
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hight View Post

Does All Share support cover art for music tracks?

Not currently with the PC Share Manager software. If you use another DLNA server (like Serviio) then you can get support for cover art via local file.

I think all Samsung TV's & Blu-ray players will support a DLNA server sending the coverart (I now it does on the BD-C5500)

=====================================
My HT Thread index on 1st post
Samsung AllShare and Internet@TV Discussion
BritInVA is offline  
post #210 of 792 Old 07-16-2010, 01:01 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Al Sherwood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Victoria, BC Canada
Posts: 3,386
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 198 Post(s)
Liked: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by BritInVA View Post

Not currently with the PC Share Manager software. If you use another DLNA server (like Serviio) then you can get support for cover art via local file.

I think all Samsung TV's & Blu-ray players will support a DLNA server sending the coverart (I now it does on the BD-C5500)

Actually that is not entirely true, I have a some music that has cover art for each track and some that do not. (PC Share Manager talking to a Samsung PN58C590)

Al
Al Sherwood is online now  
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off