Q) How do I Refresh the Library?
A) The PCSM does not appear to have a auto-refreash capability. After adding files and/or folders you need to open PCSM, the within the Share menu select Refreash DBQ) How to I Forward/Rewind while watching a movie?
A) There does not appear to be a true FF/RW function. There is a crude method of jumping using the directional keys. One push of left or right seems to jump forward or back about 10-15s. Holding down apears to jump a little further.
Also while a video is playing, if you press the "tools" button it brings up a pop-up menu. Arrow down to the "Playing Time" option. Enter the time that you want to skip to (e.g. enter 4500 for 45 mins) then press the "Enter" button to jump to that point in the video.Q) Where do I find the PC Share Manager Software
Look up your player/TV in Samsung Support, select Downloads and then Software. Here is link to the BD-C5500 Downloads
As sometimes new versions can break whats working here are current & old versions:
- Samsung PC Share ManagerQ) Why is a supported file not working?
Are you sure the file has a supported video and audio codec?Mediainfo
can display file information, including codecs.Q) Are their other Media Servers that work with Samsung TV's and Blu-ray players?
Yes, the following has been tested:Mezzmo
- A number of AVS members are using this inc BritinVA (BD-C5500), gliot1 (BD-6500) and NavySeal (UN46C6400).
- Very simple to use, and easily customizable including creating playlists
- auto-sync database
- Can set sharing permissions per media device that connect to it.
- Supports transcoding
- Cost $29.99 (15 day trial)Serviio
- Tested OK by BritInVA (BD-C5500C), enigma9o7 (BD-C5500) and Veaux (LN40B650) with AVI, MP4, WMV, MPG, MKV, MP3, WMA & JPG.
- Make sure you select the Samsung WiselinkPro renderer profile..... and ensure you Stop and Start the server process (or restart PC)
- Due to the Samsung renderer images pulled from theMovieDB.org get squished/Stretched (at least on BR players) but you can disable the searching for online metadata option and add your own custom file images if required
- Very simple GUI
- Supports transcoding but transcoded file cannot use the Jog & move to timestamp feature (likely same with any Server)
- Downside is its developed by one guy and while he does a great job on answering questions etc its a risk.
- Currently free but Donations welcomedMediatomb
- chateau2361 has had success using Mediatomb running on a Buffalo Linkstaion Live V2 NAS with a Samsung BD-C5500
- see this post
for further details
- FreeJ River Media Center
- britinva has tested with BD-C5500C and other report of working with LCD-TV 650 series (LE37B650)
- Make sure you have DLNA Server selected in Options, and within Advanced select both DLNA and DLNAExtra.
- Much more than a DLNA Server, some very nice cataloging features but check out their website for a full description
- Cost $49.98 (30day free trial)
If you have another Media server working with the Samsung AllShare Renderer please post your results and they will be added.Q) Playing single or selected files
If your in a directory full of movies or songs and just select the movie with the Enter button at the end of play it will automatically jump to the next movie or song in the directory. However, if you use the yellow "C" button you can select or deselect the movie(s)/Song(s) and it will just play those selected. If you dont select anything, it plays all. if you select one movie, only that movie plays. if you select three, those three will play only.