Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan_h View Post

That's cool.

I have got flac (locally stored on the ipad) to play fine, but I have never gotten streamed flac from the Logitech Media Server to stay "flac". The LMS always converts it to the MP3 stream before sending it to Ipeng and Squeezepad. This happens both with the analog output, headset output, and digital output via USB camera kit.

Clearly there are some settings I need to adjust. Do you know what they are?

I've searched for every mention of ipeng in the 3rd party player section of the Slimdevices forum since 2011 and I haven't found anyone who succeeded in playing anything other than the converted flac -> mp3 stream on their iDevice. But I would LOVE to know how. Then the only limitation would be on syncing, which is still dicey with the software players.
I'll have to look into that, I think the server settings determine what format they are streamed in.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1052 of 1058 Old 03-27-2014, 12:02 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Hello fellow SBT owners.

I realize this is a bit of a long shot, but I would like to find another Touch for my own use. I have one in the living room and would like another in the home theater. If anyone has a Touch laying around not in use, please let me know.

thanks,
steve

Apologies if I am not allowed to post this sort of thing in this thread.

I turn the sharpness on my TV all the way up, because that's how I like my picture... real sharp.
post #1053 of 1058 Old 03-27-2014, 12:08 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Kuester View Post

Hello fellow SBT owners.

I realize this is a bit of a long shot, but I would like to find another Touch for my own use. I have one in the living room and would like another in the home theater. If anyone has a Touch laying around not in use, please let me know.

thanks,
steve

Apologies if I am not allowed to post this sort of thing in this thread.
Keep your eye on eBay. I have picked up several from there already. Im up to 4 SBTs and 5 SBRs now. Dont pay more than $300 for a Touch or more than $100 for a Radio though. Just wait and youll find a better deal.

post #1054 of 1058 Old 03-27-2014, 12:14 PM

Liked: 27
Yeah, I've been looking at eBay. I would just trust someone more from this site, though. Thanks.

I turn the sharpness on my TV all the way up, because that's how I like my picture... real sharp.
post #1055 of 1058 Old 03-27-2014, 12:16 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Kuester View Post

Yeah, I've been looking at eBay. I would just trust someone more from this site, though. Thanks.
If you buy through ebay you have both Paypal AND eBay buyer protection and since they both always rule in favor of the buyer you have nothing to worry about. Buying from someone on ebay is usually safer in my experience. Not that I have had any problems here, but just speaking of forums in general.

post #1056 of 1058 Old 08-02-2014, 12:22 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 10
would you guys till buy another SBT?? will they be usable down the road.... I'm so confused!!
post #1057 of 1058 Old 08-03-2014, 04:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 18
It's probably the best bang for buck network player out there with incredible audio sound and features. How "usable" it will be going forward really depends.

If your only interest is your own music collection the long term issues are few:
1. server software won't be updated (eventually) so need to keep OS stagnant to run LMS server
2. SBT hardware failure 5 years from now, likely not find replacement

If you stream music from online there are much more immediate and catastrophic issues:
1. eventually MySqueezeBox.com will be shut down, no idea when
2. using LMS 7.8 you have basic Internet Radio even if MySB.com goes away (but almost no subscription services)
3. even if MySB.com is around for a while a simple API change from the service can make that service unusable (cuz there will be little to no effort from Logitech to fix a discontinued product/service)
4. there is a MySB.com replacement underway, but it's a volunteer effort with a questionable future and probably limited services. It's called "ickstream". On the plus side it was developed and is run by Squeezebox enthusiasts and third party developers.
post #1058 of 1058 Old 08-04-2014, 03:18 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 10
wow Thanks for your answer!!
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Tags
Logitech Inc Squeezebox Touch Catalog Category Distributed Audio Video Multiroom Solutions

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page