Logitech Squeezebox Touch Owners Thread - Page 36 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 2Likes

post #1051 of 1067 Old 02-13-2014, 08:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan_h View Post

That's cool.

I have got flac (locally stored on the ipad) to play fine, but I have never gotten streamed flac from the Logitech Media Server to stay "flac". The LMS always converts it to the MP3 stream before sending it to Ipeng and Squeezepad. This happens both with the analog output, headset output, and digital output via USB camera kit.

Clearly there are some settings I need to adjust. Do you know what they are?

I've searched for every mention of ipeng in the 3rd party player section of the Slimdevices forum since 2011 and I haven't found anyone who succeeded in playing anything other than the converted flac -> mp3 stream on their iDevice. But I would LOVE to know how. Then the only limitation would be on syncing, which is still dicey with the software players.
I'll have to look into that, I think the server settings determine what format they are streamed in.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1052 of 1067 Old 03-27-2014, 11:02 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Hello fellow SBT owners.

I realize this is a bit of a long shot, but I would like to find another Touch for my own use. I have one in the living room and would like another in the home theater. If anyone has a Touch laying around not in use, please let me know.

thanks,
steve

Apologies if I am not allowed to post this sort of thing in this thread.

I turn the sharpness on my TV all the way up, because that's how I like my picture... real sharp.
post #1053 of 1067 Old 03-27-2014, 11:08 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Kuester View Post

Hello fellow SBT owners.

I realize this is a bit of a long shot, but I would like to find another Touch for my own use. I have one in the living room and would like another in the home theater. If anyone has a Touch laying around not in use, please let me know.

thanks,
steve

Apologies if I am not allowed to post this sort of thing in this thread.
Keep your eye on eBay. I have picked up several from there already. Im up to 4 SBTs and 5 SBRs now. Dont pay more than $300 for a Touch or more than $100 for a Radio though. Just wait and youll find a better deal.

post #1054 of 1067 Old 03-27-2014, 11:14 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Yeah, I've been looking at eBay. I would just trust someone more from this site, though. Thanks.

I turn the sharpness on my TV all the way up, because that's how I like my picture... real sharp.
post #1055 of 1067 Old 03-27-2014, 11:16 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Kuester View Post

Yeah, I've been looking at eBay. I would just trust someone more from this site, though. Thanks.
If you buy through ebay you have both Paypal AND eBay buyer protection and since they both always rule in favor of the buyer you have nothing to worry about. Buying from someone on ebay is usually safer in my experience. Not that I have had any problems here, but just speaking of forums in general.

post #1056 of 1067 Old 08-02-2014, 11:22 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 22
would you guys till buy another SBT?? will they be usable down the road.... I'm so confused!!
post #1057 of 1067 Old 08-03-2014, 03:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 23
It's probably the best bang for buck network player out there with incredible audio sound and features. How "usable" it will be going forward really depends.

If your only interest is your own music collection the long term issues are few:
1. server software won't be updated (eventually) so need to keep OS stagnant to run LMS server
2. SBT hardware failure 5 years from now, likely not find replacement

If you stream music from online there are much more immediate and catastrophic issues:
1. eventually MySqueezeBox.com will be shut down, no idea when
2. using LMS 7.8 you have basic Internet Radio even if MySB.com goes away (but almost no subscription services)
3. even if MySB.com is around for a while a simple API change from the service can make that service unusable (cuz there will be little to no effort from Logitech to fix a discontinued product/service)
4. there is a MySB.com replacement underway, but it's a volunteer effort with a questionable future and probably limited services. It's called "ickstream". On the plus side it was developed and is run by Squeezebox enthusiasts and third party developers.
post #1058 of 1067 Old 08-04-2014, 02:18 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 22
wow Thanks for your answer!!
post #1059 of 1067 Old 12-15-2015, 12:26 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by llep64 View Post
wow Thanks for your answer!!
I'm still using three Squeezebox Touches, have been for years, and haven't seen anything around that I like better. Has anyone heard anything about how long Logitech will keep the squeezebox servers running? I'd hate to lose any of the functionality I've been so happy with, go away.

Main system: Thiel 3.6 L/R speakers, Pair of Velodyne F1500r subs, B&W HTM center, Emotiva and Polk RTi 28 surrounds, Integra DHC 9.9 pre/proc, Pair of Emotiva XPA-1's, Emotiva XPA-5, Threshold SA/4e, pair of Threshold S/200's, Oracle Delphi TT w Magnepan Unitrac 1 arm and Shure V15 - Vmr, Logitech Squeezebox Touch, Oppo BDP 83 optical disc player, Threshold T2 preamp, Denon DR-M44HX cassette, Pioneer CLD-97 Laserdisc. LG PF1500 led projector,Elite 100"tab tension-ed motorized screen.
post #1060 of 1067 Old 12-15-2015, 10:30 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I to have been using 3 SB Duets for years and I love the functionality. Concerned that Logitech will terminate server support. Haven't heard/read anything to that regard however and would like to know. I'd hate to invest in another technology now as this is working great for me.

Relentless pursuit of perfection... within budget!
post #1061 of 1067 Old 12-16-2015, 03:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by strindl View Post
.... Has anyone heard anything about how long Logitech will keep the squeezebox servers running? .....
If Logitech knows, they are not saying (which is to be expected). But I'd bet they don't know and have no target cut-off date. Could be 5 days or 5 years, anyone's guess.
post #1062 of 1067 Old 12-16-2015, 10:54 AM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by toby10 View Post
If Logitech knows, they are not saying (which is to be expected). But I'd bet they don't know and have no target cut-off date. Could be 5 days or 5 years, anyone's guess.
I forgot I was subscribed to this thread. I still have my squeezebox up and running and have it running with a Vortexbox. It was definitely worth every dollar I paid for it.
post #1063 of 1067 Old 12-16-2015, 10:55 AM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by toby10 View Post
I forgot I was subscribed to this thread. I still have my squeezebox up and running and have it running with a Vortexbox. It was definitely worth every dollar I paid for it.
post #1064 of 1067 Old 12-16-2015, 11:27 AM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarrod2750 View Post
My SBT is still going strong, and I love it. In a vacation house I have SB Player by Angry Goat installed on a Fire TV stick, plugged into an AVR, that I control with Orange Squeeze (Orange Bike Labs) on a tablet. It's the functional equivalent of having another SBT, and I highly recommend this option to all of you looking to pick up another Touch. It's an inexpensive alternative with much easier to fix hardware.

Also to note: I use the Orange Squeeze application to control my Touch -- I love that app!

One other thing I would recommend to keep all of this going indefinitely is saving copies of all versions of the LMS install software on a CD in case Logitech's DL sites disappear. I've done that, hope I can remember where I stashed the CD.

Last, does anybody know how to repair a Duet and would they be willing to do it for me? I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the wireless card, for a while re-seating it would get me up and running. When that stopped working I got what I think is a correct replacement card off Ebay, but still no joy.

Happy Holidays everyone!
post #1065 of 1067 Old 12-16-2015, 04:08 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarrod2750 View Post
I forgot I still have a Squeezebox Touch sitting around. It's a great device but I never use it anymore. Hmmm, maybe I should put it up for sale in the classifieds here on AVS?
post #1066 of 1067 Old 12-16-2015, 06:10 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnelson87 View Post
I forgot I still have a Squeezebox Touch sitting around. It's a great device but I never use it anymore. Hmmm, maybe I should put it up for sale in the classifieds here on AVS?
You should. I'd post it on the Squeezebox forum though, there is still a very active community there. The LMS software is now community driven, and a lot of folks are building replacement units with raspberry pi's. There is always people looking for replacement units, I don't think you would have a problem getting ride of it.
post #1067 of 1067 Old 12-16-2015, 07:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 390 Post(s)
Liked: 695
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnelson87 View Post
You shouldn't have an issue selling it. I sold mine and radio box as well. I stream everything to my HT for music using Spotify via HTPC or my iPhone music collection. My wife and kids like it better as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Tags
Logitech Inc Squeezebox Touch Catalog Category Distributed Audio Video Multiroom Solutions

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page