Forum Jump: 

post #1801 of 1827 Old 10-01-2012, 06:14 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKrell View Post

What Dish receiver do you have? What GTV do you have? Logitech Revue integration is available for the 612/622/722/722k only. I personally never sprang for the extra $4/mo to integrate mine.
As for your Internet problem, are you hardwired or wireless? I know some people have done bizarre things such as hook their Dish receiver into the Revue, and let the Revue bridge itself and the receiver to a wireless network. Personally I hardwire everything that's bandwidth sensitive, such as streaming video.

I just got off the phone with logitech and dish support. They both say the same thing: GTV/revue is not compatible with the Dish Hopper 2000.

They said Dish have no ETA when they will update the Hopper 2000 to support GTV.

So I threw a hail Mary, reset the revue to production defaults...and it now works! I got through all of the steps and I can now control the Hopper with the keyboard and the channels are all adjusted for Dish etc. Phew.

I think support got the fact that the DVR integration did not work with this model set top box.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1802 of 1827 Old 10-01-2012, 07:17 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Greczkowski View Post

Mine has been doing strange things and I can honestly say at this point I don't like it.
As I said... its better then the Logitech Revue, but I still feel its crap.

+1

You can add that the Sony GTV box Netflix app, while exactly the same as the one in the WD TV SMP, regularly crashes and forces a reset of the Sony. The WD TV SMP on the other hand almost never crashes.

All in all I was hoping this was going to be a good device but it is just a another P.O.S.
post #1803 of 1827 Old 10-02-2012, 08:42 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefyn View Post

I just got off the phone with logitech and dish support. They both say the same thing: GTV/revue is not compatible with the Dish Hopper 2000. They said Dish have no ETA when they will update the Hopper 2000 to support GTV.
So I threw a hail Mary, reset the revue to production defaults...and it now works!

Phew indeed! The Revue will work with most HDMI sources, including the Hopper. But Dish and Google went the extra mile to integrate GTV with some of their receivers more closely. In particular, on the models I mentioned above, you can search for programs and the GTV will search not only live programming, but also recordings saved on the Dish DVR. That's nice, but IMHO not worth $4/mo, so I never paid it.

Also, don't hold your breath waiting for Dish to offer that integration for the Hopper. I am pessimistic that they will ever add it, considering the bath Logitech (and probably Dish) took on the Revue.
post #1804 of 1827 Old 10-02-2012, 02:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by theslydog View Post

You can add that the Sony GTV box Netflix app, while exactly the same as the one in the WD TV SMP, regularly crashes and forces a reset of the Sony. The WD TV SMP on the other hand almost never crashes.

All in all I was hoping this was going to be a good device but it is just a another P.O.S.

Odd as I have never had that issue with the Sony GTV box. Perhaps you have a defective box or something else is up.

Philip
post #1805 of 1827 Old 11-05-2012, 03:43 PM

Anyone know when the Sony NSZ-GP9 Blu-ray player will be released in the US? I see it's been released internationally and it was supposed to be released here too according to early reports but for some reason hasn't.
post #1806 of 1827 Old 11-05-2012, 04:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by gullit View Post

Anyone know when the Sony NSZ-GP9 Blu-ray player will be released in the US? I see it's been released internationally and it was supposed to be released here too according to early reports but for some reason hasn't.

Where have you seen the GP9 released?
I would say possibly never if the sales of the 7 are as sluggish as I think they are?
Time will tell.
post #1807 of 1827 Old 11-05-2012, 07:24 PM

Back in June we reported that Google TV was finally launching outside of the U.S., arriving in the UK with the launch of Sony's new NSZ-GS7 Internet player and NSZ-GP9 Blu-ray player. Following its UK rollout, both devices were introduced in Canada, Australia, France, Germany and Netherlands, with the NSZ-GS7 Internet player also becoming available in Brazil and Mexico.
post #1808 of 1827 Old 11-09-2012, 05:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Back in June we reported that Google TV was finally launching outside of the U.S., arriving in the UK with the launch of Sony's new NSZ-GS7 Internet player and NSZ-GP9 Blu-ray player. Following its UK rollout, both devices were introduced in Canada, Australia, France, Germany and Netherlands, with the NSZ-GS7 Internet player also becoming available in Brazil and Mexico.

Where has the GP9 been sighted in a real store? It doesn't seem to be widely available.

Philip
post #1809 of 1827 Old 11-10-2012, 11:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:

It has not been released anywhere in the world.
If you have seen it, please do post a link to where it can be purchased. Maybe in Japan only?
Sony would have it out by now for the christmas shopping season, but tha fact that it is not avaliable is a telling sign that the GoogleTV platform on Sony is not going well.
post #1810 of 1827 Old 12-10-2012, 05:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Asus and Netgear are set to release Google TV devices.

http://gigaom.com/video/asus-netgear-google-tv/
post #1811 of 1827 Old 12-11-2012, 12:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 193
I've been trying to get Plex to play nicely with my Logitech Revue.

After digging around the Plex forums it seems I should be able to transcode audio only and not touch video. But I cannot find any setting specific to this. I see numerous video quality settings of different bitrates, but nothing about "leave video alone." When I try to play a file with DTS audio my cpu cannot keep up, giving me a lagging buffering video stream. That tells me it is trying to do both audio and video.

My HTPC front end set up
Integration for whole home ATSC, CableCARD, FM radio, Blu-Ray, HD-DVD, DVD, VHS control & capture, video games, and archived & streaming media playback
Mironto's Panasonic plasma black level restoration guide
Restore the initial MLL on a 2009 Panasonic plasma
post #1812 of 1827 Old 12-29-2012, 12:07 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 32
I'm new to Google TV as of last Friday. I purchased the Sony NSZ-GS7 mainly because my Directv "Genie" did not have an optical port and our laptop is currently busted. I've initially killed two birds with one stone. Optical audio passthrough and full browser. Audio from my soundbar on movies with DD from Directv sound great and the browser does the job. I'm still learning how to navigate through all the apps and such. My one complaint is the HDMI Passthrough. Before I bought the GS7, Directv was flawless. When I opened the Guide and changed channels the screen would go black and change the channel. (about 2.5 seconds). Now that I have the GS7 and DVR hooked together, (when changing channels/playing from recorded list) the channel goes black, shows a split-second of the current program, makes two popping noises, and then goes to newly requested channel. I have native off on Directv and only one resolution checked (1080p). Also, when I select a recorded show from the list the picture stutters for a second. There are also popping noises if I fast forward or re-wind. I have tried everything I can think of to fix this very annoying issue. Since the Sony GS7 only outputs in one resoluion at a time and my TV is 1080p I leave it on 1080p and not Auto. I have set my Directv to just 1080p as well to no avail. I called Sony and that was a joke! Directv could not give me any more than Sony did. Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
post #1813 of 1827 Old 03-29-2013, 05:21 PM
AVS Special Member

You guys have to check rhis out if u havent heard if it, all I have to say is download tv portal app and you will not need any other app for watching any tv series or movie ever again, its the cable cutters dream. The interface sucks but version 2.0 is going to have all kinds of bells and whistles.

Pioneer Kuro...your time is up...mwahahhahhha
post #1814 of 1827 Old 03-29-2013, 08:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeydrunk View Post

You guys have to check rhis out if u havent heard if it, all I have to say is download tv portal app and you will not need any other app for watching any tv series or movie ever again, its the cable cutters dream. The interface sucks but version 2.0 is going to have all kinds of bells and whistles.

Doesn't seem to be in the Google Play store, or is this yet another indexing app that lives on the fringe?
post #1815 of 1827 Old 03-30-2013, 11:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmcd View Post

Doesn't seem to be in the Google Play store, or is this yet another indexing app that lives on the fringe?
Its in the a amazon app store and the slideme app store

post #1816 of 1827 Old 03-30-2013, 10:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Quote:

Its in the a amazon app store and the slideme app store

Isn't the Amazon store for the Kindle Fire? What does that have to do with Google TV?

Philip
post #1817 of 1827 Old 03-31-2013, 01:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Isn't the Amazon store for the Kindle Fire? What does that have to do with Google TV?

Philip

No, its one of the many many alternative android app stores. Here is the link:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/mas/get-appstore/android/ref=mas_gs_mbl_redir

post #1818 of 1827 Old 03-31-2013, 01:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Philip

Oh, make sure you go into setting and check the box that allows for app installs from unknown sources. Theres allot of great alternate app stores with great apps out there. Make sure you have a good video player gtvbox now called vimu is great and download loaderdroid and you can download from tvportal as well as stream the content. You will have to sideload it or get it from a alternate market that allows install of non google tv android apps or a fileshare site-or better yet a file share app.

post #1819 of 1827 Old 04-02-2013, 01:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Philip

Oh also I've been trying to download xbmc to my revue but found out I couldnt becuase google tv is the only android OS that google hasn't released the complete NDK for, anyway I downloaded an unoficial build that comes preloaded with all kinds of cool addons, one of which was "1 channel". To my great surprise they have an app specific to google tv in the google play store. Its like tv portal only better,it only has tv(no movies) but it streams them flawlessly without any stutter and has a better interface, more options and a built in player. So between these twi apps you seriously literally need nothing else.

EDIT-1 channel does have movies but you have to buy the upgraded version and it is well worth the $2. Oh and it has a built in player or you can choose to use an external player if you choose.

post #1820 of 1827 Old 05-15-2013, 06:11 AM

Liked: 13
Quote:

I am new to this Forum, and I have been using TV Portal for a while now..rolleyes.gif That is before I found Google TV's biggest secret app so far!...eek.gif
After using 1channel, TV portal became my second favorite app!rolleyes.gif
Oh by the way, after downloading and installing 1Channel I went to settings and made sure to check off the use the alternative website! (secret)
It was smooth sailing to all my favorite TV shows, and did I mention Movies too, the selection of movies on 1channel is the BOMB!.....rolleyes.gif
A lot more movies than TV Portal offers...rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif
https://play.google.com/store/search?q=1channel&c=apps
first app on list...rolleyes.gif

Izzy
Sony NSZ-GT1 with Google TV
post #1821 of 1827 Old 07-02-2013, 12:31 PM

Does anyone here know if you can attach an external USB 2.0 blu-ray drive to the Sony NSZ-GS7 GTV box ?

I tried connecting a USB HDD and it does not work. Only flash drives seem to be able to get recognized.

Any help or pointers to the web for more information is most appreciated. Thanks!
post #1822 of 1827 Old 07-06-2013, 07:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
I tried the Vizio and the Sony just less than a year ago and found them buggy and very unresponsive. Is there a new google tv device on the market that is responsive?
post #1823 of 1827 Old 07-07-2013, 02:13 PM

Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by work4mike View Post

..I tried connecting a USB HDD and it does not work. Only flash drives seem to be able to get recognized.

Any help or pointers to the web for more information is most appreciated. Thanks!

Btw, is this non-powered HDD? if so, try to connected it via a “Y” usb-power-adapter or via powered-sub-Hub.
Also, check for hidden VCD (Virtual CD) partitions (& remove it). if not, check out this.
post #1824 of 1827 Old 07-08-2013, 12:48 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by work4mike View Post

Does anyone here know if you can attach an external USB 2.0 blu-ray drive to the Sony NSZ-GS7 GTV box ?

I tried connecting a USB HDD and it does not work. Only flash drives seem to be able to get recognized.

No, @work4mike, you can't connect a USB BD to a GTV.

But USB HDDs should work as long as they are either AC-powered or draw a low-enough current from the GS7's on-board USB port.
I have both a 500-Gb Toshiba un-powered HDD and a 640-Gb WD Mybook powered HDD attached to my GS7. But it wasn't always that way:

http://www.googletvforum.org/forum/sony-s-nsz-gs8-nsz-gs7/7402-usb-hd-causing-gtv-crash.html

Since the REL07 update in March, the problem has been solved.

You can also try connecting a non-powered HDD via a powered USB hub.
post #1825 of 1827 Old 10-08-2013, 04:05 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 45
It sounds like GoogleTV is going to be replaced according to some info spotted on another GoogleTV forum.

The up coming Android 4 will change the platform to Android TV as it's name. Specifically Google services for TV on Android will probably be the GTV part on top of regular Android.

Various LG set top boxes running Android 4.2 based off the platform were demoed at a trade show. Plus Google employee responsible for GoogleTV title has changed to Android TV.

Whether this applies to the older boxes I've no idea but I hope it does. This is a good thing as there are way too many unofficial Android TV devices out there, may as well bring everyone into the fold and try to unify the mess.
post #1826 of 1827 Old 10-08-2013, 04:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by theslydog View Post

+1

NOW it doesn't crash. Up until the latest update to the WDTV, a month or so ago, the Netflix app was crashing quite a bit for many. The last update seemed to have fixed it tho.
post #1827 of 1827 Old 10-08-2013, 02:11 PM

Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary J View Post

Asked and never answered. They simply did not do their homework before buying and now it is Google's fault.

Wow, I got a notification from this forum that I have not been on in a year.
I would have responded to post, but I never got the notification a year ago.
To answer your question, No, I did not check to see if it played DTS. But I would not check the sticker to see if a car came with brake fluid either. I have 4 of this type of media streamers and all played my videos without a glitch. The Google Play being more expensive, I just thought it would as well. Well, I was wrong, and as you point out to me, it’s all on me, not Google TV.
Buy the way, I got the new Comcast X1 box a month or so ago, and you would not believe what it won’t do. You can’t view the guide at 59 minutes before the hour, or it will freeze. The recording light comes on when it wants to even if it is not recording. It automatically resets the video and sound settings when it feels like it. Just to mention a few. But I went back and looked at the specs and nowhere did it say that it would hold the resolution, or that the recording light won’t come on when it wanted to, or the guide would not freeze. So foolish me. Also, when I listed the issues I had with the X1 did anybody accuse me of not looking to make sure it worked properly? No, I got help…
Look, I am not knocking the box in general. It is just that for what I used the box for and what you use it for must be two different things. For me, playing the DTS was just so important. It’s 90% of what I use it for. And maybe I am a fool, but I think you would be hard pressed to find a device like that that won’t play DTS. All my previous ones did. So therefore I did not specifically look at the list of what it can do for this. (I did not look to make sure the menus were in English as well, thank god they were, but that would have been on me as well.) And I know the Google TV does a lot more that what is listed on the box. So that my friends, is why I was very disappointed in the limitations of this box. And my only reason was that I wanted to watch my movies and I could not.
PS I am 60 years old and have not done homework in years. My bad!
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page