PopBox Owners' Thread: Impressions, Reviews & Tips - Page 130 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #3871 of 3881 Old 01-05-2014, 02:06 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'll let this thread die if nobody else is enjoying their popbox like me. I have two issues.

1) I'd like to use an Android app to cue music located on my mybooklive NAS playing from my popbox controlled by my tablet so i dont have to turn tv on. Anyone know how to do this or what app to use? someone on original popbox forums made a video tutorial how to do this but I never got around to doing it and the forums have since died. I believe the Android apps sounded like bubble.

2) I'm still using Popbox stock interface and am curious about yamj/eversion. I haven't tried it up till now because it seemed a little complicated and i didnt own a universal remote until now. I know people here said it greatly improved their experience. this is just for improved cover art right? The playback functionality remains the same? Anyone know best current setup instructions for this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3872 of 3881 Old 01-06-2014, 10:08 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
wow, this thread is still alive? I have 2 popboxes, they play all my content great but recently they both started losing the media library. Appears to be something to do with the SDcard slot as different cards yield the same results. Too bad, I can browse to my files but the list is so long that it's a real pain. The media library is a must.
post #3873 of 3881 Old 01-31-2014, 04:31 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
just got my first 3d TV. Popbox handles mkv 3d content fine.however Iso bluray rips lack menu navigation ability. does this mean there's no way to play the 3d version of a iso using popbox? if not can someone recommend a tool 2 extract the 3d movie from the iso so I can play it on popbox?
post #3874 of 3881 Old 05-28-2014, 06:27 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I have had the original Popbox for several years now and had preformed like a champ. Now she doesn't boot anymore. The green LED on the power adapter just blinks a faint green as does the blue LED light on the Popbox itself. Is the Power supply bad or the Popbox itself? Anyone have a power supply or an old Popbox they are looking to get rid of? smile.gif
post #3875 of 3881 Old 05-28-2014, 06:31 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Never thought I'd see this thread ever resurrected from the semi-dead eek.gifwink.gif! Re: power supply, I can only imagine you'd be able to get one off anyone still selling PopBox on eBay.

HD Media Keen Videosaurus
post #3876 of 3881 Old 05-28-2014, 06:34 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brajesh View Post

Never thought I'd see this thread ever resurrected from the semi-dead eek.gifwink.gif! Re: power supply, I can only imagine you'd be able to get one off anyone still selling PopBox on eBay.

I was thinking the same thing...Long live the Popbox thread!

For streaming all my Blu Ray isos and bitstreaming all HD audio, this thing has worked like a champ! Hate to see it die.

Does the Xbox ONE or PS4 stream isos off a server and bitstream DTS-Master and TrueHD?
post #3877 of 3881 Old 05-28-2014, 06:38 PM
Advanced Member

No luck on Ebay
post #3878 of 3881 Old 05-28-2014, 07:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 59
you dont need to original adapter its nothing special take the orginal one to radio shack they should have a universal with the same tip size. Just find same tip size and make sure the amps/voltage are equal or greater then what is listed on the old adapter.
post #3879 of 3881 Old 06-13-2014, 01:15 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfelite View Post
you dont need to original adapter its nothing special take the orginal one to radio shack they should have a universal with the same tip size. Just find same tip size and make sure the amps/voltage are equal or greater then what is listed on the old adapter.
No luck at Radio Shack. I'll look online for a 5v/3A adapter. I am still not 100% sure if it is the adapter or the Popbox itself.
post #3880 of 3881 Old 06-13-2014, 05:33 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daveyd View Post
No luck at Radio Shack. I'll look online for a 5v/3A adapter. I am still not 100% sure if it is the adapter or the Popbox itself.
Couldn't you plug in the adapter and check the output at the tip with a multimeter? Electrical isn't my thing, just thinking out loud.
post #3881 of 3881 Old 07-14-2014, 05:04 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by leiff View Post
I'll let this thread die if nobody else is enjoying their popbox like me. I have two issues.

1) I'd like to use an Android app to cue music located on my mybooklive NAS playing from my popbox controlled by my tablet so i dont have to turn tv on. Anyone know how to do this or what app to use? someone on original popbox forums made a video tutorial how to do this but I never got around to doing it and the forums have since died. I believe the Android apps sounded like bubble.

2) I'm still using Popbox stock interface and am curious about yamj/eversion. I haven't tried it up till now because it seemed a little complicated and i didnt own a universal remote until now. I know people here said it greatly improved their experience. this is just for improved cover art right? The playback functionality remains the same? Anyone know best current setup instructions for this?
for 1, I built a web-app years ago (running on my server) to queue up my music, which uses TheDavidBox api to control the popbox. It works on my phone and tablet via the web browser. Based on just browsing directories (which works well for how I organized my collection) I originally had it up on google-code with links in the forums, but shortly afterwards syabas pulled the forums, and then google changed their system so I lost access to it... I could zip it an post it somewhere, if I can find a location. Works for both my popbox, and my a400 (the a400 has some weird issues with the music queue, the api doesn't always return the correct filename back in the "currently playing", and the a400 doesn't seem to recognize DVD or ISO as queue'able items..)

I've been using YamJ/Eversion for years (customized it for my preferences). Plex was also getting pretty decent, until plex removed the ability to index ISOs and VIDIO_TS. (if you don't use disk formats, plex may still be ok for you). I thought plex sucked for music though. My web app works better for me there.
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Tags
Popbox 3d Multimedia Player Black

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page