Old 07-16-2010, 02:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by guilheb View Post

Do you realize that calling 5+ times in the same day will do nothing but annoy the tech support agent?

They're working on it, what else can the poor guy tell you?

I'm not saying Syabase didn't push a beta product, I'm just having a thought for the tech guy... use some common sense.

LOL..DID your Mom tell you to be nice to everyone...
;;;;.. Settle down there big boy before things get nasty.... Nice first post by the way... Welcome to the forums.
I could care less about the "Poor Tech Support Guy" ...., that is his job and he not equipped to do it efficiently.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2010, 02:22 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Dear Popbox Users,

We are currently monitoring and tracking the feedback provided to us in this thread. We will be working on resolving these issues as soon as possible. Please stay tuned for new updates.
Old 07-16-2010, 02:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 158 Post(s)
Liked: 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackssr View Post

LOL..DID your Mom tell you to be nice to everyone...
;;;;.. Settle down there big boy before things get nasty.... Nice first post by the way... Welcome to the forums.
I could care less about the "Poor Tech Support Guy" ...., that is his job and he not equipped to do it efficiently.

LOTS of first-time posters all of a sudden. I think Syabas is among us.

CD

Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything. -Plato
Old 07-16-2010, 02:23 PM

booted up without the SD in and after few minutes of firmware updating i got an error. Have put SD in an rebooted....now getting //Firmaware Recovery...please insert USB drive" Put in a blank usb and it said "checking..." then went back to "Please insert USB drive". Is there a firmware download we can get to load from the USB?? figured i would have a few issues but this is just nuts.
Anyone else able to recover firmware??
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scratchie View Post

What a relief. I'm glad to hear there are no issues.

LOL.. What do you expect the POPBOXTEAM to say? Too funny.... BP said: "It isn't that much oil now is it"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDLehner View Post

Something else to keep in mind PopBoxTeam; I would say the users in here, for the most part, are experienced users. Either they have owned previous Syabas products, or maybe other streamers and NMTs and are trying the PB as their first Syabas product.

My point is, you can't minimize and say that the "few" bad experiences in here so far aren't exemplary of the overall release. In other words...if the geeks in here can't get it to work, what chance do you think the "average" user has?

CD

Right on the head. Again, not to belabor the point, but was this not the device that was meant to herald in the mainstream coming out party that was going to elevate the market from a niche hobbyist interest to a family-friendly necessity?
Old 07-16-2010, 02:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by popboxteam View Post

Dear Popbox Users,

We are currently monitoring and tracking the feedback provided to us in this thread. We will be working on resolving these issues as soon as possible. Please stay tuned for new updates.

How about sending me the firmware I need to recovery the firmware that was DOA when I turned on the unit at 10:00 am est?
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 12
UGHHH- What a PITA! I finally gave up. For a while I thought I had it working and I turned the machine off and walked away for a while and came back- turned it on.... NOTHING was there... no media! I tried to rescan my media and then the same music and videos that played b4 turning it off now produce silence. On to another streamer- Probably the View Sonic 75.
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDLehner View Post

LOTS of first-time posters all of a sudden. I think Syabas is among us.

CD

Wow CD we finally agree on something! Great minds think alike!
Old 07-16-2010, 02:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 158 Post(s)
Liked: 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by met64 View Post

UGHHH- What a PITA! I finally gave up. For a while I thought I had it working and I turned the machine off and walked away for a while and came back- turned it on.... NOTHING was there... no media! I tried to rescan my media and then the same music and videos that played b4 turning it off now produce silence. On to another streamer- Probably the View Sonic 75.

Met, I'm going to be trying the VMP75 as well; simply because it has composite out, which I need for the SD in my Bedroom. I also like the fact that it has an eSATA port. And, of course, it has Netflix.

I'm not expecting the kind of UI the PopBox has, and it won't pass-thru HD Audio (of course, PB won't yet either), but you have to pick your battles. If that works great, and the PB continues to struggle, who knows.

CD

Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything. -Plato
Old 07-16-2010, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackssr View Post

Wow CD we finally agree on something! Great minds think alike!

and mean in your store too!!!
Old 07-16-2010, 02:39 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 77
waiting for aaronwt to post how his box(es) all work perfectly and play his BD ISO images without a hiccup.
Old 07-16-2010, 02:41 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmpage2 View Post

waiting for aaronwt to post how his box(es) all work perfectly and play his bd iso images without a hiccup.

hahahhaha
Old 07-16-2010, 02:45 PM

Ok.....I had absolutely NO problems getting mine hooked up, updated, and library scanned (dlink 323). Everything works fine......but how in the HELL do you choose subtitles? How do u BITSTREAM audio? HELL, how do you even CHOOSE between different audio streams? If I can't do ANY of these it has to go back!
Old 07-16-2010, 02:46 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by klyph View Post

Ok.....I had absolutely NO problems getting mine hooked up, updated, and library scanned (dlink 323). Everything works fine......but how in the HELL do you choose subtitles? How do u BITSTREAM audio? HELL, how do you even CHOOSE between different audio streams? If I can't do ANY of these it has to go back!

The Popbox was not supposed to bitstream HD audio at launch

Cheers,
Damian

MSS.net blog (contributing editor) - http://www.mediasmartserver.net

Windows Entertainment and Connected Home MVP 2010-2012

Old 07-16-2010, 02:49 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Listen guys, we have a representative from Syabas monitoring the thread here (popboxteam) and there is a temporary forum set up on the NMT site as well. Lets use this as an opportunity to list out all the issues and things that should have been done differently (i.e User manual, did anyone even know an SD card was required, etc...). Lets keep it constructive so that hopefully when I get my Popbox on Monday everything will be fixed lol

Question for current owners, I assume the quick start guide says an SD card was needed, but did anyone know this was a requirement before they actually received the player?

Cheers,
Damian

Old 07-16-2010, 02:50 PM

Not HD audio, regular old DTS. Maybe its just in my head, but I swear my receiver does a better decoding job.
Old 07-16-2010, 02:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone1026 View Post

Question for current owners, I assume the quick start guide says an SD card was needed, but did anyone know this was a requirement before they actually received the player?

Isn't the 2GB SD card included in the box?
Old 07-16-2010, 02:53 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 77
Quote:

Listen guys, we have a representative from Syabas monitoring the thread here (popboxteam) and there is a temporary forum set up on the NMT site as well. Lets use this as an opportunity to list out all the issues and things that should have been done differently (i.e User manual, did anyone even know an SD card was required, etc...). Lets keep it constructive so that hopefully when I get my Popbox on Monday everything will be fixed lol

If I'm understanding correctly it ships with an SD card and some users just failed to insert it before starting the player?

If an SD card is required and they don't include one of any capacity (2GB ones are practically free now) then shame on them.

I would go further and say it should have been shipped installed into the unit if it won't function correctly or update correctly without it.

I really was hoping we'd get at least one short video, etc, of the unit in operation today but so far all we see for the most part are user problems.

If mine shows up early (tomorrow) then I will do an unboxing video as well as a short video of the thing actually running and upload to YouTube so people can make their own minds up.
Old 07-16-2010, 02:54 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Not HD audio, regular old DTS. Maybe its just in my head, but I swear my receiver does a better decoding job.

Yeah, that should at a minimum work. Is it just downmixing everything to stereo?

Cheers,
Damian

Old 07-16-2010, 02:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:

ok.....i had absolutely no problems getting mine hooked up, updated, and library scanned (dlink 323). Everything works fine......but how in the hell do you choose subtitles? How do u bitstream audio? Hell, how do you even choose between different audio streams? If i can't do any of these it has to go back!

RTFM HaHa
Old 07-16-2010, 02:59 PM

No, it comes out 5.1 but I just don't trust it. I like seeing that DTS logo on my receiver! Oh, now for some reason due to random button presses I've switched the audio stream on one of my movies.....but now I can't switch it anymore! DAMN!
Old 07-16-2010, 03:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 63
Quote:

That will not last long as the forum Admin has already said that he won't allow PopBox threads on his forum. To quote him:

Quote:

and for sure if there will be popbox threads in here then i will delete it

i can't support a product which i can't use, and as i said the popbox is no NMT so it can't be in that forum

thats not my decission if they wanna make a forum or not, but my decission is that popbox can't exist in here!

No mistaken there on their decision to support the PopBox on the NMT forum.
Old 07-16-2010, 03:09 PM

All hope of selling my c-200 and getting one of these has been lost.

Quite a shame, because I LOVE the look and performance of the GUI.
Old 07-16-2010, 03:11 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:

waiting for aaronwt to post how his box(es) all work perfectly and play his BD ISO images without a hiccup.

all 10 of them...
Old 07-16-2010, 03:11 PM

Well.....back it goes! I think I'm gonna get a new Egreat instead!
Old 07-16-2010, 03:16 PM

Quote:

well.....back it goes! I think i'm gonna get a new egreat instead!

plan!
Old 07-16-2010, 03:16 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I had a few issues when I got it this morning with wrong video mode. From what I saw it was a cool product until I changed video modes and I had to finnaly hook it up to a PC monitor to fix it. Do you guys have a reset to Auto mode or anything that can be done from the control? I'm back home and will play with the product some more.

It cant be more then holding a few buttons during boot maybe? or something? Its fixed now but sure would like a solution. I'm going to go play with it now and have it scan my library and see if it works.
Old 07-16-2010, 03:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

yep... it is that Pixie Dust he uses!
Old 07-16-2010, 03:21 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by watchy View Post

I had a few issues when I got it this morning with wrong video mode. From what I saw it was a cool product until I changed video modes and I had to finnaly hook it up to a PC monitor to fix it. Do you guys have a reset to Auto mode or anything that can be done from the control? I'm back home and will play with the product some more.

It cant be more then holding a few buttons during boot maybe? or something? Its fixed now but sure would like a solution. I'm going to go play with it now and have it scan my library and see if it works.

Looks like I spoke to soon. I ran to the store while it was doing another firmware update. I'm back and I just checked it. It said error and when I rebooted it it says its in recovery mode and insert usb drive. Why the hell did I pay for a POS. Get me the firmware now so you bastards so I can have a useable device before I sent the son of a bitch to Will it Blend. If i have to s pend all weekend with it and i t doesn't work i'm going to be so pissed off and will flame every forum that your product sucks. My god this is so idiotic

Tags
Popbox 3d Multimedia Player Black