Nixeus Fusion HD - Official Thread - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #91 of 557 Old 08-04-2010, 09:42 AM
AVS Special Member
 
dogmanky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Spring Hill, TN
Posts: 1,129
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgvroadster View Post

That is crazy... what media players are you currently experiencing this with? I also never heard of "mkvmerge version 4.1.0 and header removal compression."

Not all players have an issue with this. My A100/A110's do not have the issue, so my guess is any of the NMT/Syabas chipsets that run these should be fine (eGreatM34A, etc).

This is where having good Firmware support is a must.
dogmanky is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #92 of 557 Old 08-04-2010, 04:55 PM
Senior Member
 
wagabond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 325
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by teddystacker View Post

The FAQ listed in my post above outlines what Bitstreaming the Fusion does , the info from the FAQ is direct from Nixeus themselves.

OK, thanks. In that case according to official statements Nixeus indeed is supposed to bitstream HD-Audio (Would be nice to know it it is just for BD ISO or even for m2ts and mkv).

So one of the current owners has to find a friend with HD capable receiver
wagabond is offline  
post #93 of 557 Old 08-04-2010, 05:59 PM
 
CCONKLIN1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Oswego IL 60543
Posts: 2,461
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by wagabond View Post

OK, thanks. In that case according to official statements Nixeus indeed is supposed to bitstream HD-Audio (Would be nice to know it it is just for BD ISO or even for m2ts and mkv).

So one of the current owners has to find a friend with HD capable receiver

I have the receiver (well three of them) but no Nixeus! After the poopbox fiasco I don't really want to order another streamer that will not suit my needs!
Best,
Chris
PS I KNOW what Nixeus SAYS it does for pass through but would like a verified tester to actually show me!
CCONKLIN1 is offline  
post #94 of 557 Old 08-04-2010, 09:23 PM
Member
 
Obsession6789's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 16
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmanky View Post

Not all players have an issue with this. My A100/A110's do not have the issue, so my guess is any of the NMT/Syabas chipsets that run these should be fine (eGreatM34A, etc).

This is where having good Firmware support is a must.

Youre right, I found some update:
http://www.matroska.org/news/compressed-headers.html

Update:

mkclean now comes with a tool called mkWDclean that removes the compressed header and zlib compressed from tracks in Matroska. That's a workaround to play in hardware players like the WD TV. But we do not encourage people to prevent useful Matroska features from being used. Instead such players should be fixed. There is a petition in place to fix the WD TV firmware. There is no reason it could not support this feature when the PopCorn Hour based on the same chip can do it fine...


Hopefully the Nixeus staff can add it in the next firmware update. Teddystacker can you talk to them about it?
Thanks!
Obsession6789 is offline  
post #95 of 557 Old 08-04-2010, 11:55 PM
Advanced Member
 
sgvroadster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 571
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just finished watching a high bitrate 24 GB MKV movie on the Nixeus and it streamed prefectly with no jitters or buffering for the full 2 hours....

I have a laptop as a SAMBA Server and the Nixeus are both connected via ethernet cables to my router. I also have an External Hitach HDD connected to the NETGEAR WNDR3700 via USB 2.0... I had that same 24 GB MKV file on my laptop and the external HDD that is connected to the router - and both streamed perfectly to the Nixeus sustaining streams around between 30Mbps and 40+Mbps (depending on data)...

Also while watching some m2ts and mkv files I pulled up the info screen and for the audio it showed "DTS 6ch 48KHz 1.54Mbps" and some shows "DTS 6ch 48KHz 640Kbps" and some media files showed "DTS 6ch 48KHz" - does anyone knows what it means? My Fusion is connected to my HDTV via HDMI 1.4 (Even though the Fusion HD supports only HDMI 1.3)

Cheers!

Cameron
sgvroadster is offline  
post #96 of 557 Old 08-05-2010, 12:17 AM
AVS Special Member
 
jakmal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Posts: 1,059
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by wagabond View Post

OK, thanks. In that case according to official statements Nixeus indeed is supposed to bitstream HD-Audio (Would be nice to know it it is just for BD ISO or even for m2ts and mkv).

So one of the current owners has to find a friend with HD capable receiver

AnandTech has requested Nixeus for a review unit. We will confirm this as soon as we receive it ( if some other customer doesn't confirm HD audio bitstreaming before that ), even though the official review may wait for the firmware with full Blu-Ray ISO support.

Ganesh T S
Sr. Editor, AnandTech Inc.
jakmal is offline  
post #97 of 557 Old 08-05-2010, 06:25 AM
 
CCONKLIN1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Oswego IL 60543
Posts: 2,461
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am still on vacation but am intrigued enough that I will order one of these when I get home and test bitstreaming...
Best,
Chris
CCONKLIN1 is offline  
post #98 of 557 Old 08-05-2010, 06:34 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
teddystacker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Philadelphia PA USA
Posts: 835
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
@Obsession6789:

Can you please upload a small sample of one of these files to www.rapidshare.com and PM me the link.Also inclode a short txt file of what causes the problem.I will then ensure this gets passed onto the Nixeus guys , to see if they can add support for it.

Regards

Teddy

teddystacker is offline  
post #99 of 557 Old 08-05-2010, 08:03 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
teddystacker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Philadelphia PA USA
Posts: 835
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
[quote=sgvroadster;19000423]



I'm too afraid of beta firmwares - don't want to brick my unit...

I do notice it says "Network Media Tank" = Popcorn Hour or Syabas's firmware?

QUOTE]

Couple of things to note here..

You will not "brick" your Fusion by using a beta firmware for a couple of reasons..

1) The Fusion has a "Anti Brick protection scheme" , as outlined in the FAQ.

2) Any beta firmware will have already been tested to some degree by myself to ensure it loads and updates your unit corectly.I always do this before posting..

The only reason I mention the "use at your own risk" , is thet being as its beta, some of the new features may not work correctly or old features may be broken.But for the most part beta's from Nixeus do undergo some good testing before they get to "beta release stage"

If you don't like the beta firmware , you can always "downgrade" to a older one , several are now posted at the main Nixeus site..

I hear that a new Beta fw wil be released in the next few days adding at least a couple of new features (not sure what these are at this stage).

Ref that Egreat player for $149 , I am almost 100% sure it uses the cheaper Ritek chipset and is NOT a Sybas PCH clone in any way..

Regards,

Teddy

teddystacker is offline  
post #100 of 557 Old 08-05-2010, 09:12 AM
Member
 
Eug7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 78
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
iboum.com rates the VMP75 the kin to the Fusion HD as number 1.
Eug7 is offline  
post #101 of 557 Old 08-05-2010, 09:34 AM
Member
 
Obsession6789's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 16
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I got it with Megaupload because rapidshare was only 500mb and I wasnt able to make a sample.

louie.s01e07.720p.hdtv.x264-imme..mkv
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=E6YEJROR
They will have some information about it here:
http://www.matroska.org/news/compressed-headers.html

Thanks!
Obsession6789 is offline  
post #102 of 557 Old 08-05-2010, 10:13 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
teddystacker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Philadelphia PA USA
Posts: 835
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsession6789 View Post

I got it with Megaupload because rapidshare was only 500mb and I wasnt able to make a sample.


They will have some information about it here:
http://www.matroska.org/news/compressed-headers.html

Thanks!

Thanks for this , have submitted this to Nixeus for them to look into.. Suggest u delete the link from your post now , leave the file on Megaupload but delete the file link on here..
Regards

Teddy

teddystacker is offline  
post #103 of 557 Old 08-05-2010, 11:13 AM
Member
 
Eug7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 78
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
iboum rating criteria listed above:

? iboum Rating (descending). Ratings are our opinion and are subject to change. The top five players are ordered by our preference whilst the rest are ordered first by rating and then by price.
Eug7 is offline  
post #104 of 557 Old 08-05-2010, 11:25 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
teddystacker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Philadelphia PA USA
Posts: 835
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Nixeus HD Firmware v01.11.12.17.37 Beta.

The Nixeus guys have just sent me a new Beta firmware for testing , hopefully I will be able to release it later on today once fully tested.

Here is the changelog , as you can see, a couple of nice new features have been added , these may need refining a little.

The Nixeus guys wanted me to stress to everyone that hopefully this will show they do have a commitment to ongoing firmware development.From my experience with other players, two new firmware releases in a month is pretty good.

1) Support added for "sort by date" - at this time, only single files are sorted by date - This is a VERY useful feature if you have a download directory with 100's of un-sorted files in it.It allows instant access to the most recent file.I know of no other media player that has this feature.

2) Support for "My Favorites" added - this works on USB, HDD and Network shares.At this time only single files are supported but hopefully Folder support will be added in a later firmware.To use this, browse to the file you want to bookmark using the file browser , then go to the options on the right hand pane , click on the star , and that file will be bookmarked.The go back to the main page and click on the Yellow star , you can then play your file directly from there.

3) Support BD ISO playback - slightly improved , this feature will again be enhanced in a later firmware.

4) Copy and delete feature from USB or HDD is now working again (see page 42 of the manual for full setails).This was broken in the last firmware release.

5) Fixed date setting issue when first booting.
6) Fixed DVD menu not exiting correctly when USB removed.
7) Fixed DVD menu issue.
8) Fixed RSS "Value recording limit exceeded The following were not recorded" issue
9) Fixed YouTube homepage issue.
10) Better Twitter Support.

Regards,

Teddy

teddystacker is offline  
post #105 of 557 Old 08-05-2010, 01:02 PM
Newbie
 
RockyHolland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Althorne, Essex, UK
Posts: 13
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I understand from Nixeus that they are testing the PAL addition to the firmware, hopefully soon to be released.
Considering that in reality this is of little value to a lot of people, though indispensable to me at the moment, I think it highly commendable that Nixeus is taking time to add this feature.
Having followed comments in this thread about what media player to buy & what one is 'best' etc I think maybe people ought to consider the man hour cost to provide such excellent support.
This cost, built into the price of the Fusion HD, makes it truly exceptional value for money.
Incidentally I've yet to see or hear any negative reports about Nixeus support.
RockyHolland is offline  
post #106 of 557 Old 08-05-2010, 01:19 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
teddystacker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Philadelphia PA USA
Posts: 835
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyHolland View Post

I understand from Nixeus that they are testing the PAL addition to the firmware, hopefully soon to be released.
Considering that in reality this is of little value to a lot of people, though indispensable to me at the moment, I think it highly commendable that Nixeus is taking time to add this feature.
Having followed comments in this thread about what media player to buy & what one is 'best' etc I think maybe people ought to consider the man hour cost to provide such excellent support.
This cost, built into the price of the Fusion HD, makes it truly exceptional value for money.
Incidentally I've yet to see or hear any negative reports about Nixeus support.


To be honest I was a bit disappointed that PAL support was not added in this latest beta , I know that Nixeus told me a while ago that their engineers are close to having it complete , hopefully this will be added in the next firmware release.

Regards,

Teddy

teddystacker is offline  
post #107 of 557 Old 08-05-2010, 02:11 PM
Senior Member
 
wagabond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 325
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyHolland View Post

I understand from Nixeus that they are testing the PAL addition to the firmware, hopefully soon to be released.
Considering that in reality this is of little value to a lot of people, though indispensable to me at the moment, I think it highly commendable that Nixeus is taking time to add this feature.
Having followed comments in this thread about what media player to buy & what one is 'best' etc I think maybe people ought to consider the man hour cost to provide such excellent support.
This cost, built into the price of the Fusion HD, makes it truly exceptional value for money.
Incidentally I've yet to see or hear any negative reports about Nixeus support.

Is 200 USD the best deal out there for this unit ?
wagabond is offline  
post #108 of 557 Old 08-05-2010, 02:48 PM
Advanced Member
 
met64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 535
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by wagabond View Post

Is 200 USD the best deal out there for this unit ?

Having just purchased the FHD I don't think so. However, I struggled with the higher price as well. In the end the 2 year warranty was huge.... And I can personally vouch for their customer-tech support. Great experience!
met64 is offline  
post #109 of 557 Old 08-05-2010, 03:32 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
teddystacker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Philadelphia PA USA
Posts: 835
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
At The current time I don't think you will beat the $199+free ship+ Free HDMI cable these guys are offering:

http://www.xpcgear.com/nixeus-fusion...FQNHnQodFiGs4Q

There is also someone on Ebay a few cents cheaper with the same deal..


Regards,

Teddy

teddystacker is offline  
post #110 of 557 Old 08-05-2010, 04:56 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
teddystacker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Philadelphia PA USA
Posts: 835
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCONKLIN1 View Post

HD bitstreaming. Hd bitstreaming. HD bitstreaming. someone test this for me!

Everything comes to he who waits.....

This afternoon I Gained access to a Yahama Audio receiver for a short time , and was able to test as follows...

Bitstreaming on the Nixeus Fusion HD.

I have to confess I am no Audio expert but do I know the basics:

Receiver Tested on : Yahama RX-V567B

Connection from Fusion to receiver = HDMI 1.4

.mkv test files downloaded from:

http://www.demo-world.eu/trailers/hi...n-trailers.php

File: Bit Harvest (Lossless) Dolby TrueHD 7.1:

Played perfectly with 7.1 TrueHD Audio via the Receiver.
Did *NOT* mixdown to Reguar 2ch HDMI when connected direcly to a TV set.
---------------------------------------------------------

File: Terminator 2 (Lossless) DTS-HD MA 5.1:
Played perfectly with 5.1 DTS Audio via the Receiver.

Did also mixdown to Reguar 2ch HDMI when connected direcly to a TV set.
----------------------------------------------------------

Terminator 2 Bluray .iso

Played perfectly DTS HD Lossless via the receiver.

Also downmixed to regular 2ch HDMI when connected to a TV set.
----------------------------------------------------------

Regards,

Teddy

teddystacker is offline  
post #111 of 557 Old 08-05-2010, 05:18 PM
Senior Member
 
wagabond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 325
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by teddystacker View Post


File: Bit Harvest (Lossless) Dolby TrueHD 7.1:

Played perfectly with 7.1 DTS Audio via the Receiver.
Did *NOT* mixdown to Reguar 2ch HDMI when connected direcly to a TV set.
---------------------------------------------------------

While playing the Dolby TrueHD did you notice the Receiver detecting and reporting DolbyTruHD ? Is that a typo when you mention it as DTS 7.1 ?


Also with the DTS-HD samples did you notice the DTS-HD getting detected ? I ask this because the DTS5.1 core can get bitstreamed instead of the full DTS-HD MA/HR if full support is not yet in place.

Thanks for your efforts. I might take the plunge next week ....
wagabond is offline  
post #112 of 557 Old 08-05-2010, 05:42 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
teddystacker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Philadelphia PA USA
Posts: 835
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by wagabond View Post

While playing the Dolby TrueHD did you notice the Receiver detecting and reporting DolbyTruHD ? Is that a typo when you mention it as DTS 7.1 ?


Also with the DTS-HD samples did you notice the DTS-HD getting detected ? I ask this because the DTS5.1 core can get bitstreamed instead of the full DTS-HD MA/HR if full support is not yet in place.

Thanks for your efforts. I might take the plunge next week ....

Yes a typo , sorry about that , have now altered my post and the FAQ

Sorry , I did not notice the type of DTS-HD to be honest.I was listening more than looking :-)

As I said in my post , I am not a expert where audio is concerned.

If you do "take the plunge" next week , would be grateful of a more "in depth" audio review , as you clearly know much more about the ausio side of this then I do...

Rergards,

Teddy

teddystacker is offline  
post #113 of 557 Old 08-05-2010, 10:01 PM
Member
 
Shadowz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Adelaide, South Australia
Posts: 42
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I got my unit late yesterday and I like it, but I spent a lot of time following the book on how to delete a file and of course without success.

I am looking forward to the new firmware so I can delete.

I haven't been disappointed by anything yet but i was surprised it didn't have a rename function, this is the first media player I have seen without that function.

I have a LOT of shows on my drive that have many seasons and episodes.

I name them...
S01E01
S01E02
S01E03 and so on.

After I have watched an episode I like to ad an x to the name so I can remember what I have seen.

Tony said Delete will be in the next firmware, not sure when a rename function will be in it though.
Shadowz is offline  
post #114 of 557 Old 08-05-2010, 10:14 PM
Advanced Member
 
sgvroadster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 571
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by teddystacker View Post

Nixeus HD Firmware v01.11.12.17.37 Beta.

The Nixeus guys have just sent me a new Beta firmware for testing , hopefully I will be able to release it later on today once fully tested.

Here is the changelog , as you can see, a couple of nice new features have been added , these may need refining a little.

The Nixeus guys wanted me to stress to everyone that hopefully this will show they do have a commitment to ongoing firmware development.From my experience with other players, two new firmware releases in a month is pretty good.

1) Support added for "sort by date" - at this time, only single files are sorted by date - This is a VERY useful feature if you have a download directory with 100's of un-sorted files in it.It allows instant access to the most recent file.I know of no other media player that has this feature.

2) Support for "My Favorites" added - this works on USB, HDD and Network shares.At this time only single files are supported but hopefully Folder support will be added in a later firmware.To use this, browse to the file you want to bookmark using the file browser , then go to the options on the right hand pane , click on the star , and that file will be bookmarked.The go back to the main page and click on the Yellow star , you can then play your file directly from there.

3) Support BD ISO playback - slightly improved , this feature will again be enhanced in a later firmware.

4) Copy and delete feature from USB or HDD is now working again (see page 42 of the manual for full setails).This was broken in the last firmware release.

5) Fixed date setting issue when first booting.
6) Fixed DVD menu not exiting correctly when USB removed.
7) Fixed DVD menu issue.
8) Fixed RSS "Value recording limit exceeded The following were not recorded" issue
9) Fixed YouTube homepage issue.
10) Better Twitter Support.

Regards,

Teddy

Let us know when we can play with it... I want to try out that Blu-Ray ISO feature...

Quote:
Originally Posted by teddystacker View Post

Everything comes to he who waits.....

This afternoon I Gained access to a Yahama Audio receiver for a short time , and was able to test as follows...

Bitstreaming on the Nixeus Fusion HD.

I have to confess I am no Audio expert but do I know the basics:

Receiver Tested on : Yahama RX-V567B

Connection from Fusion to receiver = HDMI 1.4

.mkv test files downloaded from:

http://www.demo-world.eu/trailers/hi...n-trailers.php

File: Bit Harvest (Lossless) Dolby TrueHD 7.1:

Played perfectly with 7.1 TrueHD Audio via the Receiver.
Did *NOT* mixdown to Reguar 2ch HDMI when connected direcly to a TV set.
---------------------------------------------------------

File: Terminator 2 (Lossless) DTS-HD MA 5.1:
Played perfectly with 5.1 DTS Audio via the Receiver.

Did also mixdown to Reguar 2ch HDMI when connected direcly to a TV set.
----------------------------------------------------------

Terminator 2 Bluray .iso

Played perfectly DTS HD Lossless via the receiver.

Also downmixed to regular 2ch HDMI when connected to a TV set.
----------------------------------------------------------

Regards,

Teddy

Thanks Teddy for testing and verifying... now I don't have to buy my friend lunch to borrow his Receiver/Audio System...

Cheers!

Cameron
sgvroadster is offline  
post #115 of 557 Old 08-06-2010, 07:14 AM
Senior Member
 
Elpee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 386
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Of cousrse, besides HD audio bitstream, if anyone has a chance to test, pls check to make sure it can play DVD.iso and BD.iso with menu? Thanks.
Elpee is offline  
post #116 of 557 Old 08-06-2010, 07:17 AM
Member
 
Hoary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 106
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by teddystacker View Post


File: Bit Harvest (Lossless) Dolby TrueHD 7.1:

Played perfectly with 7.1 TrueHD Audio via the Receiver.
Did *NOT* mixdown to Reguar 2ch HDMI when connected direcly to a TV set.
---------------------------------------------------------

File: Terminator 2 (Lossless) DTS-HD MA 5.1:
Played perfectly with 5.1 DTS Audio via the Receiver.

Did also mixdown to Reguar 2ch HDMI when connected direcly to a TV set.
----------------------------------------------------------

Terminator 2 Bluray .iso

Played perfectly DTS HD Lossless via the receiver.

Also downmixed to regular 2ch HDMI when connected to a TV set.
----------------------------------------------------------

So, it does down-mix DTS-MA, but does not down-mix TrueHD. Exactly as VMP75.
Hoary is offline  
post #117 of 557 Old 08-06-2010, 07:28 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
teddystacker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Philadelphia PA USA
Posts: 835
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elpee View Post

Of cousrse, besides HD audio bitstream, if anyone has a chance to test, pls check to make sure it can play DVD.iso and BD.iso with menu? Thanks.

Dvd.iso - plays with FULL menus , just as if it were a "real DVD" , and you can navigate the menus.

BR.iso = At the moment only plays these by either selecting the largest .m2ts file or by Navigation to the required .m2ts stream - ie does not display a menu.it is hoped that FULL menus ala dvd .iso playing will be supported at some point in the future.

Regards,

Teddy

teddystacker is offline  
post #118 of 557 Old 08-06-2010, 07:30 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
teddystacker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Philadelphia PA USA
Posts: 835
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoary View Post

So, it does down-mix DTS-MA, but does not down-mix TrueHD. Exactly as VMP75.

Yep , I userstand it is capable of doing a mixdown of TrueHD but the license cost make it prohibitive , ie the unit would cost much more.. so that feature is NOT enabled.

Regards,

Teddy

teddystacker is offline  
post #119 of 557 Old 08-06-2010, 07:52 AM
Senior Member
 
wagabond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 325
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowz View Post


I haven't been disappointed by anything yet but i was surprised it didn't have a rename function, this is the first media player I have seen without that function.

After I have watched an episode I like to ad an x to the name so I can remember what I have seen.

or maybe an option to mark as "watched" the media of your choosing ...

Is there any mediajukebox supported /planned ?
wagabond is offline  
post #120 of 557 Old 08-06-2010, 08:29 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
teddystacker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Philadelphia PA USA
Posts: 835
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by wagabond View Post

or maybe an option to mark as "watched" the media of your choosing ...

Is there any mediajukebox supported /planned ?


Yep , there are plans to support YAMJ in some way , but at this time the Nixeus R and D dept and looking into if this is indeed possible.

Regards,

Teddy

teddystacker is offline  
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off