R.I.P. ToNMT? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 08-02-2010, 07:58 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 158 Post(s)
Liked: 308
I saw a post recently, where a user finally said goodbye to an old friend...in the form of TVersity...in favor of a new media server. I feel as if I am at the same crossroads with my old buddy ToNMT.

I know it's old-school, but I cut my BD-teeth on ToNMT...and it worked just fine for my purposes. Of course I tried Clown when its shiny, new self came out; it was good, but it did have a few more steps than the simple ToNMT...and all I really needed was to take care of the branching, and pull out my lossless audio.

I kept Clown, and use it when the situation calls for it...but if it ain't broke, I didn't see a need to fix it. Except now it is broke; my last 3 rips have all crapped out with some Java error. I didn't realize it with Days Of Heaven, because I haven't finished it up yet; but A Serious Man cut out on me with what I suspect is about 10 minutes left...and this morning I watched 9 cut-off its rip early.

Of course, it being a Java error, I thought maybe I needed a new version. Then I thought just the opposite; I'm stuck on ToNMT v5.3 (hey, I told ya...if it ain't broke, I don't fix it...lol)...maybe the Java is too new to run on the old ToNMT?

In any case, rather than work the issue, it's probably time to just let go of this old guy, and move on to the new standard. Rest in peace old friend...lol.

Anyone else still hanging on to ToNMT?

CD

Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything. -Plato
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming