post #7351 of 10940 Old 02-25-2012, 08:41 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone1026 View Post

Did you change your language file back to TMDB from IMDB?

I remember this now. It used to not work at all (IE it didn't scrape). Since it did scrape it never occurred to me this was a problem still. As soon as I went to make the change I remembered doing it on the last couple upgrades.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7352 of 10940 Old 02-26-2012, 02:25 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Yeah, unfortunately you have to re do this with every upgrade

Cheers,
Damian

MSS.net blog (contributing editor) - http://www.mediasmartserver.net

Windows Entertainment and Connected Home MVP 2010-2012

post #7353 of 10940 Old 02-26-2012, 02:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by tightrope View Post

My D1 powers on or off just fine using my Harmony One. Are you sure you mapped the Dune Toggle On/Off to your Harmony? The Dune has discrete On and Off commands, make sure you use the Toggle. Good luck.

Why would you use the toggle? Harmony is much more robust if you use the discretes.
post #7354 of 10940 Old 02-26-2012, 02:32 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottJ View Post

Why would you use the toggle? Harmony is much more robust if you use the discretes.

I usually try to be discrete about what I toggle

Cheers,
Damian

post #7355 of 10940 Old 02-26-2012, 04:54 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:

I usually try to be discrete about what I fondle

fixed the above for you! And yes, wtf are you using the "toggle" for your Harmony? ALWAYS use discretes when possible!
post #7356 of 10940 Old 02-26-2012, 05:02 AM
AVS Club Gold

Only thing I see sometimes is that it goes to full power off rather than standby, and then doesn't power on correctly with the remote. Not sure why. I do wish the E for enter was mapped to the Ok button on the remote and not up on the touchscreen. Drives me a bit mad.

Someday maybe I'll actually WATCH my projector...
post #7357 of 10940 Old 02-26-2012, 07:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 592
I just got a cheaper model Harmony 600 remote. It's pretty awesome. I can't believe I lived all this time without one

It doesn't work on my wife and kids though

I'm probably going to buy the Harmony One for the living room and the 600 will be for the master bedroom.

Media Server: UnRaid Server: 15TB of storage and growing :).

http://www.avsforum.com/lists/display/view/id/8599

Home Theater Set Up:

http://www.avsforum.com/lists/display/view/id/8597

post #7358 of 10940 Old 02-26-2012, 07:41 AM

Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by tightrope View Post

My D1 powers on or off just fine using my Harmony One. Are you sure you mapped the Dune Toggle On/Off to your Harmony? The Dune has discrete On and Off commands, make sure you use the Toggle. Good luck.

Well... if I may disagree... I would suggest the opposite. I mean, if you use activities in your Harmony, make sure your Dune has the discrete power on and power off commands correctly setup, then check your activity to make sure it will try to power on and off the Dune when entering or leaving that activity, respectively.

Using the power toggle is not wrong, but it may get out of sync if someone uses a different remote to power it on/off, or the front panel buttons, or if there's a power outage, etc.. The remote never knows if a particular device is on or off, it just assumes it is off until you choose an activity that uses that device, and sends the power on/toggle command when you enter the activity. If for any reason the device is already on, and the remote sends a power on command, it will stay on, but if it sends a power toggle, the device will turn off.

In your case, I would start by checking the power on/off commands. If you press "Devices", and choose the Dune, do you see the power on/off commands in the list? If you do, try them from there (if you don't, add them to the list using their software). If they are not working, you need to review your device setup. If they do work properly, you need to review your activity setup.

VMat

VMat
post #7359 of 10940 Old 02-26-2012, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madpoet View Post

Only thing I see sometimes is that it goes to full power off rather than standby, and then doesn't power on correctly with the remote. Not sure why. I do wish the E for enter was mapped to the Ok button on the remote and not up on the touchscreen. Drives me a bit mad.

I see this as well. Haven't figured out a pattern, yet, though.
post #7360 of 10940 Old 02-26-2012, 08:07 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GusGus748s View Post

It doesn't work on my wife and kids though

I have tried a variety of remotes on the wife and kids and no luck either Preferably the volume/mute buttons for them both and the turn on button for the wife would be all I would ask for

Cheers,
Damian

post #7361 of 10940 Old 02-26-2012, 08:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I have tried a variety of remotes on the wife and kids and no luck either Preferably the volume/mute buttons for them both and the turn on button for the wife would be all I would ask for

I wonder if the fondle activity would work on the wife lol.

Home Theater Set Up:

post #7362 of 10940 Old 02-26-2012, 08:22 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GusGus748s View Post

I wonder if the fondle activity would work on the wife lol.

Or maybe just something like this

Sorry, couldn't resist, this gave me a good chuckle.

On the Dune front, think I will finally pick up the Zappiti iPad App to test out. Been using the 10Muse App without issue so far

Cheers,
Damian

post #7363 of 10940 Old 02-26-2012, 08:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Or maybe just something like this

Sorry, couldn't resist, this gave me a good chuckle.

On the Dune front, think I will finally pick up the Zappiti iPad App to test out. Been using the 10Muse App without issue so far

I don't think that would work for my wife, but that was freaking funny as hell.

BACK TO THE ORIGINAL TOPIC!!!

Home Theater Set Up:

post #7364 of 10940 Old 02-26-2012, 10:15 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Ok I got a question....the way my system is hooked up it's a gigabit network with cat 5e from the router i have a direct connect to the Dune Duo and I have another cat 5e running to a gigabit switch from the router and off the switch I have a line running to my 900. When I use the file manager on the 900 and pull up network i can see the Dune and browse what's on the player, and if I select a movie to play it does just that but it stutters. Now is this a limitation of the Dune or of my network, kinda like using the Dune as shared folder. Now that I think of it I have the Dune mapped on the computer so I might be actually browsing the computer. Either way is it possible to use the Dune as some type of server?

On another note it looks like Dune is going to be back in Vegas for the NAB show!
post #7365 of 10940 Old 02-26-2012, 11:27 AM

The video clip above is gonna get that jerk cut off for a loooonnnngggg time... < grin >

Damian, I really enjoy your writings and reviews.
Q: has your opinion changed at all on Dune D1 vs the new PCH?

I'm looking to purchase one or the other.
Stability and reliability are my key points.
post #7366 of 10940 Old 02-26-2012, 12:07 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgavin View Post

The video clip above is gonna get that jerk cut off for a loooonnnngggg time... < grin >

Damian, I really enjoy your writings and reviews.
Q: has your opinion changed at all on Dune D1 vs the new PCH?

I'm looking to purchase one or the other.
Stability and reliability are my key points.

LOL.

No change in opinion. I have 2 Dunes (BD Prime and Smart D1), a PCH A200 and a PCH A300 in my house. The 2 Dunes are the primary players, the main reason being they play everything 100% of the time (which is extremely important since my wife is the one operating them all week long for our boys while I am at work). The PCH A200 does not downmix TrueHD (problematic because it is connected directly to a tv, but I always include a secondary AC3 track to switch to). The A300 does downmix properly, but I do run into issues with audio dropouts, handshake issues, etc... since the fw is new

Cheers,
Damian

post #7367 of 10940 Old 02-26-2012, 12:09 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 13
Quote:

I've been using a URC MX-980 / MSC-400 combination with good WAF. It took awhile to learn the programming but once I got it down, it is pretty foolproof. I can program around most anything my wife would get wrong. The most important button is the one that puts everything back to normal.

Louis
post #7368 of 10940 Old 02-26-2012, 12:11 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathelo View Post

I've been using a URC MX-980 / MSC-400 combination with good WAF. It took awhile to learn the programming but once I got it down, it is pretty foolproof. I can program around most anything my wife would get wrong. The most important button is the one that puts everything back to normal.

Louis

The only thing I hate about the Logitechs is that is unable to detect whether a device is on or off (I am guessing you would need to use some sort of IP control to achieve this)?

Cheers,
Damian

post #7369 of 10940 Old 02-26-2012, 12:25 PM

Quote:

The only thing I hate about the Logitechs is that is unable to detect whether a device is on or off (I am guessing you would need to use some sort of IP control to achieve this)?

ummmm, that is pretty much all consumer remotes! What remote do you have that DOES tell you whether a device is on or off? That's the beauty of using "discrete" codes versus "toggles". If a device sends a toggle and you want a device on, and someone had already turned it on, then it would turn that device OFF. With the harmony 900 I have it only sends a "power on" command, and if the device is already on, it stays on, if it is off the code turns it on! That's why we all love discrete vs toggle codes, especially for power. I could bore you to tears with the amount of discrete codes I have amassed for my Denon receiver but that is another topic for another thread...
post #7370 of 10940 Old 02-26-2012, 12:28 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by streamerlover View Post

ummmm, that is pretty much all consumer remotes! What remote do you have that DOES tell you whether a device is on or off? That's the beauty of using "discrete" codes versus "toggles". If a device sends a toggle and you want a device on, and someone had already turned it on, then it would turn that device OFF. With the harmony 900 I have it only sends a "power on" command, and if the device is already on, it stays on, if it is off the code turns it on! That's why we all love discrete vs toggle codes, especially for power. I could bore you to tears with the amount of discrete codes I have amassed for my Denon receiver but that is another topic for another thread...

Yeah, it was a general statement, not specific to the Logitech remotes. I believe some sort of IP control would be needed to actually get a device status (and of course every device would have to be connected to your network).

Cheers,
Damian

post #7371 of 10940 Old 02-26-2012, 12:31 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 13
Quote:

No IP with this device. The MSC-400 is old technology by today's standards but is still very effective and supports RC232 commands. URC has new devices for IP control.

The MSC-400 (the brains of the system) includes voltage and video sensing capability that can be used for this purpose and included in the programming but I've not had a need for this yet. Absent using the sensors it includes "variable" programming that allows the system to remember the last known status of an item. I imagine this can get out of sync but probably works just fine most of the time. I've yet to create this programing but I will.

One of the things I really like is the ability with one botton to set all the devices to a specific configuration. For example, when using the DUNE I want the video signal on my TV to be set to 'Dot by Dot.' Very simple to do with the URC and I could add any number of other commands into this one step including various AVR settings and dimming the lights.

And its RF, which is really nice. No more having to point the remote just so.

Louis
post #7372 of 10940 Old 02-26-2012, 03:28 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
Quote:

Yeah, it was a general statement, not specific to the Logitech remotes. I believe some sort of IP control would be needed to actually get a device status (and of course every device would have to be connected to your network).

Power status can be done in a few ways. It can be done with IP or rs232, but only if the unit being controlled supports 2way communication and has a feedback string in place for power. There are also voltage or video sensing modules by companies like AMX, Crestron, or RTI...to name a few.
post #7373 of 10940 Old 02-26-2012, 06:16 PM
AVS Club Gold

Hey guys, I'm having an issue that started today. Between Cars 1, 2, Thomas the Tank and a few others (I have a two year old) I'm getting picture freezes that usually end with a Dune reboot. I have completely shut down my whole system and it still persist. Not sure how to narrow it down. My Dune is connected to a switch over Cat5e to another switch then to a Synology NAS server. I have restarted everything twice. I've had this setup for about a year with no issues whatsoever. What says the hive?

Steve
post #7374 of 10940 Old 02-26-2012, 08:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevetd View Post

Hey guys, I'm having an issue that started today. Between Cars 1, 2, Thomas the Tank and a few others (I have a two year old) I'm getting picture freezes that usually end with a Dune reboot. I have completely shut down my whole system and it still persist. Not sure how to narrow it down. My Dune is connected to a switch over Cat5e to another switch then to a Synology NAS server. I have restarted everything twice. I've had this setup for about a year with no issues whatsoever. What says the hive?

I dont know anything about Synology, but can you turn the network speed down to half duplex 10/100?
I have several Netgear readynas and one day mine started stuttering bad on Cars 1. I think I had played that movie several times without issue and it suddenly started having issues. I spent like a week playing with wires and all kinds of time wasting goose-chases on my system and finally heard about half-duplex and it fixed all my issues.

So if you are not running (assuming the Synology will let you) 10/100 half-duplex. try that. It may do the trick.

Just enjoy HD in whatever form you can (Sat, Cable, D-VHS, OTA, HD DVD, or BD).
post #7375 of 10940 Old 02-26-2012, 09:59 PM

Well found a movie or 2 that I can't get the Dune to play...I wanted to put alien and aliens on converted the disk to iso and BMDV and the player won't pay from internal HDD or from the network. If I press info the box is yellow and it says under chapters some odd numbers! This does play over the network on the 900 and seems to have 4 diff play lists!
post #7376 of 10940 Old 02-27-2012, 04:02 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 192
Give it a few minutes to start up. Those two movies are probably the top two candidates for doing a main movie rip given how badly they screwed up the menu loading. My Oppo took almost five minutes to load Alien and then you had to start the movie and then quit because it would be all zoomed and then start again.

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence

post #7377 of 10940 Old 02-27-2012, 05:23 AM
AVS Club Gold

Someday maybe I'll actually WATCH my projector...
post #7378 of 10940 Old 02-27-2012, 05:44 AM
AVS Special Member

My entire collection is movie only ISO rips. It has been 99% reliable using clown_bd. for the odd issue, I use dvdfab. All iso's load very quickly.

post #7379 of 10940 Old 02-27-2012, 05:46 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 178 Post(s)
Liked: 212
Quote:
Originally Posted by diablozoe View Post

Well found a movie or 2 that I can't get the Dune to play...I wanted to put alien and aliens on converted the disk to iso and BMDV and the player won't pay from internal HDD or from the network. If I press info the box is yellow and it says under chapters some odd numbers! This does play over the network on the 900 and seems to have 4 diff play lists!

If you use AnyDVD to rip, be sure you do NOT use either of the "remove short video sequence" or "remove annoying trailers" options.
post #7380 of 10940 Old 02-27-2012, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony A. View Post

My entire collection is movie only ISO rips. It has been 99% reliable using clown_bd. for the odd issue, I use dvdfab. All iso's load very quickly.

I use Fab only! Hmmm the 900 plays them fine over the network and the Dune just sits there. I'm gonna try some of the suggestions here?
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Tags
Dune Hd Smart B1 1080p Media Player
Gear in this thread - 1080p by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page