Forum Jump: 

post #811 of 10932 Old 09-26-2010, 08:25 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDLehner View Post

OK, tomorrow being a back-to-work Monday...September 27th; I don't think it would be too early to ask for another update from Mike. In fact, I think I just did.

CD

WHAT IS THE UPDATE FROM mIKE?

Last i heard was the Dune where going on production on september 20th.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #812 of 10932 Old 09-26-2010, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmoney94 View Post

WHAT IS THE UPDATE FROM mIKE?

Last i heard was the Dune where going on production on september 20th.

Good God! You guys are worse than 5 year old son when we are going on a ride. Are we there yet? Huh, are we? Huh, when will we be there? Is it much longer? Huh?

i am pretty sure Mike has been told weeks ago EXACTLY what date and EXACTLY how many of each units he will be receiving and he is keeping us all in the dark! Yep, that is it! I know it!

OR.....maybe, just maybe he does not KNOW anything else from the last five times you guys you guys asked for an update. Knowing Mike, I am sure mass emails will be sent out WITHIN the HOUR when he gets any more info.

I am also pretty sure that if you don't want to wait anymore that he will NOT give you a refund and will instead run away with all of the pre-order money he has!

OR...maybe he will happily refund your money if you don't want to wait anymore.

Sheesh, I know we are all excited, but c'mon....
post #813 of 10932 Old 09-26-2010, 11:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 296
Well...in our defense: it's one thing when you're asking in the middle of September...when it wasn't "promised" until late September...because of wishful thinking. It's another when it's clearly late September, and you're curious what the word is, about what would have to be called...at this point...a "delay".

But you're right; we're impatient like 5 year-olds when we're excited for something (or when we sold our streamer in anticipation of this, and have nothing for the HT )

CD

Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything. -Plato
post #814 of 10932 Old 09-26-2010, 02:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Uh oh; not so fast with my love for Zappiti. To this point, I had only set-up my BD movies...and was holding off on TV Shows, because I had a feeling my naming conventions were going to need some major re-working there; I've been spoiled by XBMC's excellent scrapping in this regard.

So tonight I thought I'd delve in a bit, and I appear to be hitting a snag. On my unRAID server I have shares for Movies, TV, Music. In Zappiti, for the BDs, the share path is \\\\unraid\\movies and the movie path is \\\\unraid\\movies\\BD.

Now, for TV Shows, I just do Series for the sub-folders; \\\\unraid\\TV\\The Shield, for example. So before...when I tried to set-up the TV folder in Zappiti, I got an error saying "the folder must be a sub-folder of your share path". I initially thought it must need a sub off the TV share...like \\\\unraid\\TV\\ZapTV, which would have been a minor inconvenience. However, I'm trying that and still getting the same error. I fear what it's really saying is the TV path must be a sub-folder off the same share as the Movies share? So if Movies is \\\\unraid\\movies\\BD, the the TV path has to be like \\\\unraid\\movies\\TV?? That is a major inconvenience.

Do I have it wrong? Please tell me I do.

CD

No feedback on this? No one can say for sure if you can do Movies and TV on different shares in Zappiti? Should I post this over in the Base/Prime thread? More time with Zappiti over there?

This has got me bummed out, but I am moving my unRAID config in the next couple of days...so if I have to do a share re-structure, it'll suck...but I might as well tackle it then.

CD

Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything. -Plato
post #815 of 10932 Old 09-26-2010, 04:42 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:

No feedback on this? No one can say for sure if you can do Movies and TV on different shares in Zappiti? Should I post this over in the Base/Prime thread? More time with Zappiti over there?

This has got me bummed out, but I am moving my unRAID config in the next couple of days...so if I have to do a share re-structure, it'll suck...but I might as well tackle it then.

CD

You can try the other Dune thread or try the MPCClub thread as I know there are a lot of users who have multiple shares set up. I won't have time today to do a dummy test, but I am thinking that possibly the Dune cannot mount multiple shares at once?

Cheers,
Damian

MSS.net blog (contributing editor) - http://www.mediasmartserver.net

Windows Entertainment and Connected Home MVP 2010-2012

post #816 of 10932 Old 09-26-2010, 05:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Spoke with Mike from Duneplayer today.
He has been at the Cedia Show in Georgia the last couple/three days. I inquired about the new players arrival stateside and was told more information is to come once the work week begins. No definites yet.. Sorry.
post #817 of 10932 Old 09-26-2010, 05:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Quote:

CD

I currently have four shares (over 48 drives) and no issues whatsoever with any of them.
post #818 of 10932 Old 09-26-2010, 05:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killroy View Post

I currently have four shares (over 48 drives) and no issues whatsoever with any of them.

Did you read my error a few posts back? Any hints on what I'm doing wrong?

CD

post #819 of 10932 Old 09-26-2010, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackssr View Post

He has been at the Cedia Show in Georgia the last couple/three days. I inquired about the new players arrival stateside and was told more information is to come once the work week begins. No definites yet.. Sorry.

Thanks!
post #820 of 10932 Old 09-26-2010, 06:54 PM

Quote:

But but but....did you talk to him EARLY in the day. It's quite late now, maybe something has changed? Could you call hm again for me...
Best,
Chris
Ps I still need to hook up with you on my server questions. Now that my sons birthday WEEKEND is over (not enough to just have a DAY, you know) maybe I can get some ME time this week...
post #821 of 10932 Old 09-26-2010, 07:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCONKLIN1 View Post

But but but....did you talk to him EARLY in the day. It's quite late now, maybe something has changed? Could you call hm again for me...
Best,
Chris
Ps I still need to hook up with you on my server questions. Now that my sons birthday WEEKEND is over (not enough to just have a DAY, you know) maybe I can get some ME time this week...

My wife and I have "Birthday Week". Very expensive.
post #822 of 10932 Old 09-26-2010, 07:33 PM

Quote:

My wife and I have "Birthday Week". Very expensive.

I am NOT sh!tting you when I say my wife asked me for something said I should buy it for here because it is her birthday "MONTH", I looked at her and just bit my tongue and walked away.
Did you get a chance to call Mike for me yet?
Huh? Did you? did you?
Now the reall funny thing will be when we get our Max unit and functionality is the same as our base, and we just go "why did I buy something that already does the same thing as this thing I already have?" Because it is NEW (and does the same thing as this other thing we have)...
oh, and it looks cooler..
post #823 of 10932 Old 09-26-2010, 07:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I am NOT sh!tting you when I say my wife asked me for something said I should buy it for here because it is her birthday "MONTH", I looked at her and just bit my tongue and walked away.
Did you get a chance to call Mike for me yet?
Huh? Did you? did you?
Now the reall funny thing will be when we get our Max unit and functionality is the same as our base, and we just go "why did I buy something that already does the same thing as this thing I already have?" Because it is NEW (and does the same thing as this other thing we have)...
oh, and it looks cooler..

Dude I just purchased a new car for my wife today.... Her birthday is in January.
post #824 of 10932 Old 09-26-2010, 08:06 PM
TRT
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Quote:

Good God! You guys are worse than 5 year old son when we are going on a ride. Are we there yet? Huh, are we? Huh, when will we be there? Is it much longer? Huh?

i am pretty sure Mike has been told weeks ago EXACTLY what date and EXACTLY how many of each units he will be receiving and he is keeping us all in the dark! Yep, that is it! I know it!

OR.....maybe, just maybe he does not KNOW anything else from the last five times you guys you guys asked for an update. Knowing Mike, I am sure mass emails will be sent out WITHIN the HOUR when he gets any more info.

I am also pretty sure that if you don't want to wait anymore that he will NOT give you a refund and will instead run away with all of the pre-order money he has!

OR...maybe he will happily refund your money if you don't want to wait anymore.

Sheesh, I know we are all excited, but c'mon....

Great! Of course you realize that this is the "Player Hater" forum. Nothing you post will stop the bitchin'.....nothin' Don't bother wasting your time. They could build a one million dollar player and give them away for free, and this thread would have one million post trashing the player and/or company within a year. You know it..I know it..and the AVS Forum trolls know it!
post #825 of 10932 Old 09-26-2010, 09:49 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Did Mike say anything about the Smart D2 availability?

Still Learning
post #826 of 10932 Old 09-27-2010, 05:33 AM
Advanced Member

Now the reall funny thing will be when we get our Max unit and functionality is the same as our base

That is what I can't figure out.
Isn't this just a base that they figured out a cheaper way to make more money?

Isn't this the same thing doing the same thing just in a new box?
I know its $50 cheaper.
BUT no one is going to be going NOW it does ###### and FINALLY IT WILL DO &&&&&&&&&
post #827 of 10932 Old 09-27-2010, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by etrin View Post

Now the reall funny thing will be when we get our Max unit and functionality is the same as our base

That is what I can't figure out.
Isn't this just a base that they figured out a cheaper way to make more money?

Isn't this the same thing doing the same thing just in a new box?
I know its $50 cheaper.
BUT no one is going to be going NOW it does ###### and FINALLY IT WILL DO &&&&&&&&&

The base doesn't have an optical disc player so in that respect it'll be different. The Max is simply a Prime and Base rolled into one so essentially it can do what the Prime and Base can't do on their own.

I can still see a market for the Base but I would never buy a Prime at this point, if I needed an optical player I would pony up the extra $90 and get the Max.
post #828 of 10932 Old 09-27-2010, 06:43 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbanderic View Post

The base doesn't have an optical disc player so in that respect it'll be different. The Max is simply a Prime and Base rolled into one so essentially it can do what the Prime and Base can't do on their own.

I can still see a market for the Base but I would never buy a Prime at this point, if I needed an optical player I would pony up the extra $90 and get the Max.

Or you could get the Dune Smart B1 and save $200 vs. the Max if you just need an optical drive (of course assuming there are no other features specific to the Max that you would be losing)

Cheers,
Damian

post #829 of 10932 Old 09-27-2010, 08:47 AM

anybody talk to Mike today?
Chris
Ps I am kidding...
post #830 of 10932 Old 09-27-2010, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbanderic View Post

There are people who don't need or use the space for the hard drive but want an optical drive. A 500GB 2.5 drive is more than sufficient for me as a drive in the Prime. All my shares are connected to my computer. So for me, I am not going to spend an extra $90 for some empty space that I'm not going to use. Even still, adding $90 is nothing to sneeze at in its own right.
post #831 of 10932 Old 09-27-2010, 02:15 PM

I placed my order with the duneplayer.com guys this afternoon. ETA is still unknown. There should be an update coming from Mike over the next couple of days. I ordered the Max. Anyone else here has preordered the Max or Smart?

I wish I had more time to enjoy my gear
post #832 of 10932 Old 09-27-2010, 04:14 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:

Anyone else here has preordered the Max or Smart?

Probably about a hundred of us
Dave
post #833 of 10932 Old 09-27-2010, 08:00 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I'll stand by my guess still. I guessed around mid October. I hope I'm wrong though, I want to see everyone with a new player!

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...=#post19169254
post #834 of 10932 Old 09-28-2010, 05:00 AM
Advanced Member

Ahh the good old bait and switch... give us your money now and we'll send your order in Sept.... nah I mean Oct... well maybe...
post #835 of 10932 Old 09-28-2010, 05:13 AM
Advanced Member

well its not bait and switch but they are not supposed (any sales company) to charge you before they ship the item.
Most dealers of pre order anything are trapped into what the manufacture tells them. Yep you will get that shipment on sep 18, oh wait the 21st, no maybe the 26th.
Wait did I say September?
Well we were late in receiving the radiator bushings and that load of the new solid gold, titanium plated heat sinks were backordered.
solid gold, titanium plated heat sinks >>>>>sales talk for aluminum
post #836 of 10932 Old 09-28-2010, 05:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalhead View Post

Ahh the good old bait and switch... give us your money now and we'll send your order in Sept.... nah I mean Oct... well maybe...

Bait and switch implies they are offering a higher priced, higher margin product in place of an unavailable item. That is not the case here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bait-and-switch
post #837 of 10932 Old 09-28-2010, 05:45 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan Webel View Post

Bait and switch implies they are offering a higher priced, higher margin product in place of an unavailable item. That is not the case here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bait-and-switch

Correct. Also, and it has been stated several times already, DunePlayer acknowledged the issue and offered anyone who had an issue a full refund.

Cheers,
Damian

post #838 of 10932 Old 09-28-2010, 06:37 AM
AVS Special Member

For anyone interested:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-16132016-L02D

Enter promo code (EMCYXNW96) at checkout for $ 229.99
post #839 of 10932 Old 09-28-2010, 07:01 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 77
Quote:

For anyone interested:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-16132016-L02D

Enter promo code (EMCYXNW96) at checkout for $ 229.99

Guess I fail to see the connection between that and the new Dune players. Are there really that many people hooking up a multi-bay tower to a Dune? Why on earth would you not just stream the content through the network from a central location so that the same files were available to multiple devices in the home.
post #840 of 10932 Old 09-28-2010, 07:06 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmpage2 View Post

Guess I fail to see the connection between that and the new Dune players. Are there really that many people hooking up a multi-bay tower to a Dune? Why on earth would you not just stream the content through the network from a central location so that the same files were available to multiple devices in the home.

You could use it to expand your server to get more storage for streaming. You could connect it to an HP MediaSmart Server but you would lose access to many of the bays (depending on your MSS model of course)

Cheers,
Damian

Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Tags
Dune Hd Smart B1 1080p Media Player
Gear in this thread - 1080p by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page