Forum Jump: 

post #10861 of 11003 Old 05-31-2014, 11:48 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdgrimes View Post

No issues here with ISO using the latest (b) firmware. "Snow" in the image is not a very detailed description. Sparkles in the image is characteristic of an HDMI issue, but video noise is a processing issue. I'd probably try doing a full reset of the player to factory defaults and see if some video setting might be causing this. I'd also compare results with SD vs HD material.

Sparkles might be a more apt description, however, I swapped hdmi ports with other devices and the trouble followed the H1.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #10862 of 11003 Old 05-31-2014, 01:05 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 351 Post(s)
Liked: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevydee View Post

Sparkles might be a more apt description, however, I swapped hdmi ports with other devices and the trouble followed the H1.

That would usually be attributed to a cable. But don't assume its the cable attached to the player, any cable in the chain could do it.
Hyrax likes this.
post #10863 of 11003 Old 05-31-2014, 04:30 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdgrimes View Post

That would usually be attributed to a cable. But don't assume its the cable attached to the player, any cable in the chain could do it.

You are correct. After a lengthy session of troubleshooting, it appears that a hdmi cable was ultimately the issue. The cable was plugged into the 2nd port on the tv, but there was nothing attached to it. The hdmi out from the receiver is plugged into the 1st port. I removed the cable from the 2nd port for grins and the tv handshook with the receiver again the sparkles are now gone. I am now able to play ISOs also. I never would have suspected that this would prevent the H1 from playing a file remotely. I have had hdmi problems before, but the symptoms that the H1 was exhibiting had me thinking surely the trouble was with the unit. This was a new one on me.
post #10864 of 11003 Old 05-31-2014, 08:58 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 351 Post(s)
Liked: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevydee View Post

You are correct. After a lengthy session of troubleshooting, it appears that a hdmi cable was ultimately the issue. The cable was plugged into the 2nd port on the tv, but there was nothing attached to it. The hdmi out from the receiver is plugged into the 1st port. I removed the cable from the 2nd port for grins and the tv handshook with the receiver again the sparkles are now gone. I am now able to play ISOs also. I never would have suspected that this would prevent the H1 from playing a file remotely. I have had hdmi problems before, but the symptoms that the H1 was exhibiting had me thinking surely the trouble was with the unit. This was a new one on me.

Probably a flaw in the implementation of the HDMI board in the TV. But the list of bizarre issues attributed to HDMI cables is very long.
post #10865 of 11003 Old 06-01-2014, 07:08 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by stefuel View Post

Two questions about the smart series (might be the same on all of them)
How do you change the clock from 24 hr to 12 hr and how to chenge the temp from C ot F?

You cannot change from a 24 hr format. I have asked they guys at Dune to implement this.
post #10866 of 11003 Old 06-04-2014, 10:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiabloZoe View Post

You cannot change from a 24 hr format. I have asked they guys at Dune to implement this.

I can't believe that the option is not there for a 12 hr clock. Besides the military, who lives by a 24 hr clock? I did find how to switch temp from C to F in widgets. When you look at the clock page in the menu, it does look like you could type in a different source for clock information but I wouldn't know where to look.

Current owner of the last/best AmPro on the planet. The mighty 4600HD, and it's still running...better than Barco's, especially southern ones.
post #10867 of 11003 Old 06-04-2014, 11:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by stefuel View Post

I can't believe that the option is not there for a 12 hr clock. Besides the military, who lives by a 24 hr clock? I did find how to switch temp from C to F in widgets. When you look at the clock page in the menu, it does look like you could type in a different source for clock information but I wouldn't know where to look.

That field is for the NTP server to contact. It won't change the display of the time. Much of the world outside the USA uses 24h time.
post #10868 of 11003 Old 06-04-2014, 06:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottJ View Post

That field is for the NTP server to contact. It won't change the display of the time. Much of the world outside the USA uses 24h time.

It would seem that it would not be to difficult to do that in a firmware upgrade. While it's on my mind, what is the best firmware for the Smart D1

Current owner of the last/best AmPro on the planet. The mighty 4600HD, and it's still running...better than Barco's, especially southern ones.
post #10869 of 11003 Old 06-05-2014, 02:00 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 33
I would say B6 for Smart. I had some problems with B8, but it seems that I'm the only one...
post #10870 of 11003 Old 06-05-2014, 03:24 AM
AVS Special Member

What does B8 have to offer that B6 does not?

post #10871 of 11003 Old 06-05-2014, 03:48 AM
Advanced Member

nothing unless you use the MyMovies app as dune remote control.
post #10872 of 11003 Old 06-05-2014, 04:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Seen as though the 24 hr clock only serves to confuse my wife AND while using Yadis it's mostly covered up, is there a way to shut it off? Right now it's sandwiched between the covers and back-drop so that it's hardly seen anyway.

post #10873 of 11003 Old 06-05-2014, 05:02 AM
Advanced Member

use the "plain" UI mode and turn the weather widget Off (try this one first, for some people it's enough). this should remove the clock to appear over yadis' backdrops.
post #10874 of 11003 Old 06-05-2014, 05:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Eric View Post

nothing unless you use the MyMovies app as dune remote control.

Mr. Eric;

Can you please elaborate a bit more on this? I am familiar with the MM app on iOS, even though I do not use its remote control function. What difference does it make whether one runs B6 or B8 on the Dune?

Thanks!

_____

Axel

post #10875 of 11003 Old 06-05-2014, 01:46 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Forgive me if this has been asked but I'd like to start using something like Dune Explorer 2.2 to create posters and descriptions of all my movies and was wondering if it would work with multiple external drives? I have a couple 'My Passport" drives and now a 4tb seagate and will use USB for these. So I'm guessing I can use an internal drive in the D1/H1 to store the info and was hoping it will remember everything when I plug/unplug the external drives. I don't want to stream anything so all will be local and when I need to edit I'll just use the internal to make changes but really it would probably be a one shot deal with my current collection. Does this sound right?
post #10876 of 11003 Old 06-05-2014, 03:45 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axel View Post

Mr. Eric;

Can you please elaborate a bit more on this? I am familiar with the MM app on iOS, even though I do not use its remote control function. What difference does it make whether one runs B6 or B8 on the Dune?

Thanks!
_____
Axel

Apparently the b6 broke the playback launch command that the app was sending when pressing Play when on a movie sheet (so not the Play from the remote, but the dune path sent by the app). B8 should have corrected this.
post #10877 of 11003 Old 06-05-2014, 03:46 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PathofNeo View Post

Forgive me if this has been asked but I'd like to start using something like Dune Explorer 2.2 to create posters and descriptions of all my movies and was wondering if it would work with multiple external drives? I have a couple 'My Passport" drives and now a 4tb seagate and will use USB for these. So I'm guessing I can use an internal drive in the D1/H1 to store the info and was hoping it will remember everything when I plug/unplug the external drives. I don't want to stream anything so all will be local and when I need to edit I'll just use the internal to make changes but really it would probably be a one shot deal with my current collection. Does this sound right?

You can do this with yadis. Easiest way would be to use the basic mode (but normal mode can also do it)
post #10878 of 11003 Old 06-05-2014, 04:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Eric View Post

Quote:

Mr. Eric;

Thanks!
_____
Axel

Apparently the b6 broke the playback launch command that the app was sending when pressing Play when on a movie sheet (so not the Play from the remote, but the dune path sent by the app). B8 should have corrected this.

Thanks Mr. Eric;
Along those lines, I was wondering if there is a setting or hack for the MM app that would launch the selection menu for either launching the full movie or the 'speed menu'

______
Axel

post #10879 of 11003 Old 06-06-2014, 02:12 AM
Advanced Member

It's in the dune setup. You set the launch command to Play (with menus), Play lite (without menu straight to the movie) or Ask user.
post #10880 of 11003 Old 06-06-2014, 07:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Merci, Mr. Eric.

I am not sure if I found the correct spot you were referring to. I am also not sure I explained very well what I am looking for....:)

I found under the Dune / Setup / Playback / Preferences for a toggle between "Choose BD Lite Playlist" => Ask User.  I believe this determines whether one gets a pop up window to select Play or Play (lite) or Cancel when hitting Enter on the MM App Remote screen.

What I am looking for is to get this pop up menu when I launch a movie from the MM App Collection (Play). Here the Dune always launches the 'complete' disk.

I was on f/w 130515_2104_b6 and now upgraded to 140425_0132_b8, but the behavior is the same.

____

Axel

post #10881 of 11003 Old 06-07-2014, 10:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Liked: 142
Sorry I can't help you Alex, but I wanted to add that I bought the ipad Zappiti app last night and it's pretty nice. The in app remote is a nice touch.

My main reason for buying was with my movie collection getting larger it's getting harder to locate movies, especially the movies that start with 'the'. The app allows you to search with any word of any movie, where the on screen app does not. It's search is very limited.

Does Yadis have a better search feature? What about a movie watched indicator? Would really like those features.

FS- Netgear 550 .ISO player - PM me
My Gear-Pioneer, JBL Pro Cinema, Fi Car Audio 4- SP4 18", Peavey IPR2 7500 x 4 -Mini-Dsp 4x10, GIK Acoustics, Seymour Screens 110" AT, Dune Smarts, uNraid Server
Theater Build and Two Sono Sub Builds Here-
post #10882 of 11003 Old 06-07-2014, 10:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxrealtor View Post

Sorry I can't help you Alex, but I wanted to add that I bought the ipad Zappiti app last night and it's pretty nice. The in app remote is a nice touch.

My main reason for buying was with my movie collection getting larger it's getting harder to locate movies, especially the movies that start with 'the'. The app allows you to search with any word of any movie, where the on screen app does not. It's search is very limited.

Does Yadis have a better search feature? What about a movie watched indicator? Would really like those features.

That's why I like the MyMovies app. I rarely look at the Dune's front end anymore. I usually launch the movies directly from within the MM app (Collection). I use iRule for my HT remote, so all I have to do is jump between apps: MyMovies and iRule. (I would love to see seamless integration of the 2 - best of both worlds IMHO... one can dream...) 

_____

Axel

post #10883 of 11003 Old 06-07-2014, 11:05 AM
AVS Special Member

I launch into zappiti as well. I don't use Irule since all my devices have their own app and I prefer to use the specific app vs. a universal.

My Gear-Pioneer, JBL Pro Cinema, Fi Car Audio 4- SP4 18", Peavey IPR2 7500 x 4 -Mini-Dsp 4x10, GIK Acoustics, Seymour Screens 110" AT, Dune Smarts, uNraid Server
post #10884 of 11003 Old 06-09-2014, 02:34 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Merci, Mr. Eric.

I am not sure if I found the correct spot you were referring to. I am also not sure I explained very well what I am looking for....smile.gif

I found under the Dune / Setup / Playback / Preferences for a toggle between "Choose BD Lite Playlist" => Ask User.  I believe this determines whether one gets a pop up window to select Play or Play (lite) or Cancel when hitting Enter on the MM App Remote screen.

What I am looking for is to get this pop up menu when I launch a movie from the MM App Collection (Play). Here the Dune always launches the 'complete' disk.

I was on f/w 130515_2104_b6 and now upgraded to 140425_0132_b8, but the behavior is the same.
____
Axel

TBH i never tested it with the MM app (My Smart is configured to "Play full" and i don't use "play lite") and thought it was working in the same way whether you use the remote control or the "Play" button when on a movie profile... Strange that it's not working.
post #10885 of 11003 Old 06-09-2014, 02:36 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxrealtor View Post

yadis is purely using the dune UI and dune_folder.txt, so the search is very limited and not really interactive. All you can have is a filter by year/actor/director/genre/... but only by browsing a list, you can't type anything for direct access or combine filters.
post #10886 of 11003 Old 06-09-2014, 07:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Thx Erich. Oh well.

The ipad app is real nice. Now I just need to find another dune for the bedroom to replace the netgear 550. smile.gif

post #10887 of 11003 Old 06-09-2014, 09:01 AM
Advanced Member

the MM app is clearly the best one, but lacks TV series support which is why i don't really use it with my dune. Brian seems to confirm that TV support might come with the app 2.0 and using MM 5.10; I hope we won't have to wait a few more years before seeing it for real biggrin.gif
post #10888 of 11003 Old 06-24-2014, 11:32 AM

Liked: 10
Has anyone used Clown to rip The Wolverine? I found that the forced subtitles didn't work with the rip and none of the manually selected subtitle tracks had them. I updated the tsmuxer version to the latest and pointed clown to it, and I got the correct forced subs track, but the forced subs aren't on by default with the Dune. Maybe this is the wrong thread, but figured someone else may have come across this.
post #10889 of 11003 Old 06-24-2014, 11:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by golobulus View Post
Has anyone used Clown to rip The Wolverine? I found that the forced subtitles didn't work with the rip and none of the manually selected subtitle tracks had them. I updated the tsmuxer version to the latest and pointed clown to it, and I got the correct forced subs track, but the forced subs aren't on by default with the Dune. Maybe this is the wrong thread, but figured someone else may have come across this.
Wolverine has the forced subs in a separate track, so you need to check the Forced Subs box in Clown to make it set them to forced.
post #10890 of 11003 Old 06-24-2014, 01:55 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottJ View Post
Wolverine has the forced subs in a separate track, so you need to check the Forced Subs box in Clown to make it set them to forced.
Hi ScottJ, I always have the forced subtitles box checked when I run Clown. Is there another setting or do I need to select the actual subtitle from the list and check something else?

Thanks!
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Tags
Dune Hd Smart B1 1080p Media Player
Gear in this thread - 1080p by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page