New Dune HD Max and HD Smart anticipation thread Q3 2010 - Page 372 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #11131 of 11141 Old Yesterday, 03:43 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by jconjason View Post
Mpcclub is closing?! Damn! Where will we be able to find out about future yaDis updates and skins?
I was a bit dramatic here, it will close "before end June" so I might have some time to back up the yadis thread with tutorial and the templates in the yadis existing topics about yadis that can be found here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11132 of 11141 Old Yesterday, 03:48 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnBlanker View Post
If the MPC forum is dying, does that mean Yadis is too? It's seems like a dying program.
Yadis is already very stable and full of options. There should be a 3.0 at some point but my guess is that the dev behind it (Fred) doesn't Find any fun in doing a new version. But yadis as it is is for me the best one (mostly because of the customization and UI).

You could consider zappiti as dead as yadis if you wanted, as for the smart serie you will be stuck forever with the 2.8
post #11133 of 11141 Old Yesterday, 08:06 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Liked: 27
I cuurntly see no way to input offline movies with zappiti. Will look into yadis.
post #11134 of 11141 Old Yesterday, 10:09 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Eric View Post
Use "guest" as login and leave the password field empty. But it's always better to use credentials...
No, still not working. I just posted on the MM forum too. I think MM is my only option since it seems it is the only one that will let me store off-line titles, and has the ability to add multiple titles to a category. Plus it has a great iPad app that I already paid for, not to mention paying $100 for MM back in the day. Would like to try out one of their new skins, once I get this thing going.

EDIT: Since Zappiti pretty much worked right from the start, I looked into on the their dune_txt files from the index it created. The path it points to is this:
item.0.media_url=smb://192.168.1.50/Movies/new movies/A MOST WANTED MAN/A MOST WANTED MAN.iso

If the dune can access a movie through this path, why can't MM? Maybe I should put in the SMB

Last edited by johnBlanker; Yesterday at 10:13 AM.
post #11135 of 11141 Old Yesterday, 10:21 AM
Advanced Member

I think I know what the problem may be. In MM I set the monitoring location to be //86htpc-pc/movies
Movies is the share. Inside this share I have 4 folders
/Blu Ray
/new movies
/dvd
/mmindex

I changed the MM monitoring, and added each of these 3 movie folders separately.
post #11136 of 11141 Old Yesterday, 12:23 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 641 Post(s)
Liked: 328
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnBlanker View Post
I think MM is my only option since it seems it is the only one that will let me store off-line titles,
FWIW, Zappiti allows you to have offline files, it just won't let you add offline files, since it needs to scan them to add them. Once added, they can be offline forever. Just be aware that if you do a new scan while files are offline, it will mark them for cleanup (which you just ignore).
post #11137 of 11141 Old Yesterday, 12:51 PM
Advanced Member

I could even go as far as creating a 5 second video with text that reads"this title is offline". Dummy video files. Then scan them in. When I click to play the video, my dummy video will play.

I like yaDIS a lot.

What i need is an icon on the cover so that when browsing I can see what tiles are offline. WMC used to do this. I loved that.

I could also create my movies in .avi format, hoping that the movie details screen would show the format. Since I don't have any avi files, I would know right there whether the movie is offline.
post #11138 of 11141 Old Yesterday, 01:59 PM
Advanced Member

Got MM to work. Had to have a password on my windows user account. Once I created that I ticked "SMB" and put in my credentials. So strange that MM requires this, when Yadis, Zappiti, and 10muse all don't.

Well, nobody said I can't have more than one jukebox. Maybe I will keep MM for when I want to browse my entire setup, and use 10muse for just local titles. I really like the browse by actor/director, and the bulk-add feature. It also allows you to automatically add a movie to a category upon insert (like "unseen"). That is a great feature!

Last edited by johnBlanker; Yesterday at 02:06 PM.
post #11139 of 11141 Old Yesterday, 09:07 PM
Advanced Member

With MPCHD closing, should we start an official YaDIS for Dune thread? I was thinking of a Dune Jukebox thread, to encompass yaDIS, MM, Zappiti, 10Muse, but that might be confusing since there is an Official MM for Dune thread. What do you guys think?
post #11140 of 11141 Old Today, 02:59 AM
Advanced Member

I found an old mixed thread for Zap/MM/yadis : Zappiti, Yadis, and MyMovies for Dune

I think we can use it at least till I'm able to back up things from MPCC into an new yadis thread that i will make. Unfortunately I don't have much time right now, so it won't be before a few days (I hope...). there's also an "emergency" thread that I created some time ago as a backup for yadis templates that I need to update as well (will take quite some time to do, any help will be appreciated), this could be the new home for any yadis related questions : Yadis templates for Dune HDI players (emergency backup thread)
post #11141 of 11141 Old Today, 10:47 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Eric View Post
I found an old mixed thread for Zap/MM/yadis : Zappiti, Yadis, and MyMovies for Dune

I think we can use it at least till I'm able to back up things from MPCC into an new yadis thread that i will make. Unfortunately I don't have much time right now, so it won't be before a few days (I hope...). there's also an "emergency" thread that I created some time ago as a backup for yadis templates that I need to update as well (will take quite some time to do, any help will be appreciated), this could be the new home for any yadis related questions : Yadis templates for Dune HDI players (emergency backup thread)
let me know what I can do to help. PM me.

I'm all for a separate yadis thread. Since there is a separate MM thread. Or we could just revive the all in one thread. my 2ยข.
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Tags
Dune Hd Smart B1 1080p Media Player
Gear in this thread - 1080p by PriceGrabber.com