New Dune HD Max and HD Smart anticipation thread Q3 2010 - Page 375 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #11221 of 11243 Old 03-23-2015, 09:40 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 143 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Okay, after adding the year to everything, it seems to work okay. The only exception is The Karate Kid which I have the 84 and 2010 versions. On my computer it displayed both, but on the Dune, only the 1984 version. Not sure why that is.

So, is there a way to have the Dune automatically load up zappiti upon startup? Is that what the "internal storage" is for?

The Hodor Theater - In Progress
Projector - Panasonic PT-AE8000U
LCR speakers - JTR Noesis 228 HT
Surround/Back Speakers - Klipsch Pro Cinema KPT-8000M
Subwoofers - Dual Passive JTR Captivator Pros
Receiver - Onkyo TX-SR608
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11222 of 11243 Old 03-23-2015, 10:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 218 Post(s)
Liked: 78
There is, but it has been so long since I set it up I may not remember correctly. I think you set zappiti as a favorite and then tell the Dune to boot to favorite.
post #11223 of 11243 Old 03-23-2015, 06:03 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 123 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Popping noise?

Hey guys, I am hearing a loud popping noise from my receiver from the Dune. It happens right after the studio title, like the 20th century fox logo. When that ends and the movie first starts, that pause in between, I hear this pop sound. It's pretty disturbing. Anyone hear this before? Full disc ISOs.
post #11224 of 11243 Old 03-24-2015, 07:05 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnBlanker View Post
Hey guys, I am hearing a loud popping noise from my receiver from the Dune. It happens right after the studio title, like the 20th century fox logo. When that ends and the movie first starts, that pause in between, I hear this pop sound. It's pretty disturbing. Anyone hear this before? Full disc ISOs.
Does it do this with a blu-ray player? My receiver clicks all the time when the audio type changes, but never pops. I had an old receiver that used to pop that eventually died, the dog had peed on it.

post #11225 of 11243 Old 03-24-2015, 01:39 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChldsPlay View Post
So, is there a way to have the Dune automatically load up zappiti upon startup? Is that what the "internal storage" is for?
You need either internat storage or a SD card where you export the Zappiti files to. Then in the Dune explorer you navigate to the Zappiti folder, using the Pop Up function from the Dune remote you add this to the Favorites. Then you navigate to Favorites and again using the Dune remote selecting Pop Up select the "Display upon power up" That is how mine works. Using a SD card makes the loading very fast.
post #11226 of 11243 Old 03-24-2015, 01:41 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by one_2go View Post
You need either internat storage or a SD card where you export the Zappiti files to. Then in the Dune explorer you navigate to the Zappiti folder, using the Pop Up function from the Dune remote you add this to the Favorites. Then you navigate to Favorites and again using the Dune remote selecting Pop Up select the "Display upon power up" That is how mine works. Using a SD card makes the loading very fast.
^ This. I have my Zappiti export on my Server. My Dunes load up directly to Zappiti when they turn on

Cheers,
Damian

MSS.net blog (contributing editor) - http://www.mediasmartserver.net

Windows Entertainment and Connected Home MVP 2010-2012

post #11227 of 11243 Old 03-24-2015, 02:56 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Does it do this with a blu-ray player? My receiver clicks all the time when the audio type changes, but never pops. I had an old receiver that used to pop that eventually died, the dog had peed on it.
No, it doesn't make this sound with any other device.
post #11228 of 11243 Old 03-24-2015, 02:56 PM
Advanced Member

On a side note, anyone notice yaDIS taking a really long time to download images?
post #11229 of 11243 Old 03-24-2015, 06:12 PM
Advanced Member

Has anyone had any problems with Mockingjay Part 1? When I try to load it, it just goes to a black screen and the menu never starts. I have it in the full blu-ray folder setup just like all my other movies. I thought maybe it was because of the region issue as it was the title that clued me into the region problem as I tried the other Hunger Games after that. Those movies gave me an error though. After patching the dune to fix the region problem, the other titles play fine, but Mockingjay still goes to the black screen.

Any ideas?

post #11230 of 11243 Old 03-24-2015, 08:19 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 715 Post(s)
Liked: 356
Quote:
Has anyone had any problems with Mockingjay Part 1? When I try to load it, it just goes to a black screen and the menu never starts. I have it in the full blu-ray folder setup just like all my other movies. I thought maybe it was because of the region issue as it was the title that clued me into the region problem as I tried the other Hunger Games after that. Those movies gave me an error though. After patching the dune to fix the region problem, the other titles play fine, but Mockingjay still goes to the black screen.

Any ideas?
This title has befuddled all the ripping tools. DVDFab might handle it for you. AnyDVD can, but it requires forcing the SpeedMenu option. But there near to 10 different versions of this release, and they all have different JAVA protections. Assuming you are able to get the right playlist, your best option is to rip to MKV.
post #11231 of 11243 Old 03-25-2015, 02:18 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
On a side note, anyone notice yaDIS taking a really long time to download images?
no problem for me. Could be TMDB overload when you tried it.
post #11232 of 11243 Old 03-25-2015, 06:59 AM
Scott Horton, techht.com

Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Quote:

Any ideas?
ripped mine to mkv with makemkv. No issues.
post #11233 of 11243 Old 03-25-2015, 07:04 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdgrimes View Post
This title has befuddled all the ripping tools. DVDFab might handle it for you. AnyDVD can, but it requires forcing the SpeedMenu option. But there near to 10 different versions of this release, and they all have different JAVA protections. Assuming you are able to get the right playlist, your best option is to rip to MKV.
Yeah, I think I'll just re-rip it once they get it sorted out. It will play okay through BD-Lite, so if I really need to watch it, I can do it that way. But I'm in no hurry, just trying to get the bugs sorted out before my theater "opens."

On another note, how well does the Dune play with others? Say I wanted to get a cheaper player such as a KDLINKS 720 to put in my living room while my D1 was in the theater. If the D1 has an internal hdd and another drive or 2 attached via USB, would it be fairly simple to be able to stream from the Dune to the KDLINKS and watch my movies in another room if I wanted?

Last edited by ChldsPlay; 03-25-2015 at 10:23 AM.
post #11234 of 11243 Old 03-27-2015, 01:23 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
No, it doesn't make this sound with any other device.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but did I see you said you had popping in the KDLINKS thread as well? I saw a post in a thread yesterday where someone mentioned popping with their KDLINKS, and I thought the avatar looked similar to yours.

post #11235 of 11243 Old 03-27-2015, 03:51 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but did I see you said you had popping in the KDLINKS thread as well? I saw a post in a thread yesterday where someone mentioned popping with their KDLINKS, and I thought the avatar looked similar to yours.
WOW, you are good. Yes I did have popping as well. There is a difference though. The KDLINKS popping was in the middle of a movie (American Hustle). It was more of a crackling and it was insainly loud. I thought it was going to damage my speakers. It happened in the same part of the movie so I tested that pop with 2 different receivers and on the WDTV. Nothing else popped. That's when I got rid of the KDLINKS. Never have popping with the WDTV.

With the Dune, it seems to pop, (not that loud) only when switching from the studio logo to the movie. And not on all discs.

BTW, that's a sick theater you got there
post #11236 of 11243 Old 03-27-2015, 08:12 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Ugh. I didn't realize the Dune wasn't a region free player.
There is a patch that will allow you to change the region to what you need it to be. Search this thread, I believe ScottJ made the patch.

Alex
post #11237 of 11243 Old Yesterday, 08:17 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
WOW, you are good. Yes I did have popping as well. There is a difference though. The KDLINKS popping was in the middle of a movie (American Hustle). It was more of a crackling and it was insainly loud. I thought it was going to damage my speakers. It happened in the same part of the movie so I tested that pop with 2 different receivers and on the WDTV. Nothing else popped. That's when I got rid of the KDLINKS. Never have popping with the WDTV.

With the Dune, it seems to pop, (not that loud) only when switching from the studio logo to the movie. And not on all discs.

BTW, that's a sick theater you got there
Thanks. I hope it will be sick when it's finally done. It should be soon though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaggedEdge View Post
There is a patch that will allow you to change the region to what you need it to be. Search this thread, I believe ScottJ made the patch.
Yeah, I found it and got it working. Thanks though.

I knew one 4 TB drive wouldn't be enough, but thought I'd just be selective about what I put on there, but I decided to go ahead and get another drive and figured I could put everything on there, even my TV shows. Now I'm not even sure I'll get all of my movies on the 2nd drive. Looks like I might need a third to finish and for future movies. I'm almost done up to the letter T and should finish early this next week.

post #11238 of 11243 Old Today, 09:14 AM

Liked: 29
Does anyone have their dune HD smart 1 connected through a lumagen? When I do it the output resolution of the dune looks like your computer monitor is set to 256 colors instead of millions. If anyone has this combo could you lend some help?
post #11239 of 11243 Old Today, 09:36 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel 48 View Post
Does anyone have their dune HD smart 1 connected through a lumagen? When I do it the output resolution of the dune looks like your computer monitor is set to 256 colors instead of millions. If anyone has this combo could you lend some help?
Changing output resolution on the Dune is problematic to say the least. A different set of color space settings apply to SD vs HD video output. It can be done, but one can't help wondering if its worth the effort. Suffice it to say there's no such thing as "native" or "source direct" output from the Dune so if you want another device to process video be prepared for a lot of fiddling.
post #11240 of 11243 Old Today, 10:54 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Changing output resolution on the Dune is problematic to say the least. A different set of color space settings apply to SD vs HD video output. It can be done, but one can't help wondering if its worth the effort. Suffice it to say there's no such thing as "native" or "source direct" output from the Dune so if you want another device to process video be prepared for a lot of fiddling.
Can you elaborate on this? I am going to have the Dune running through a Lumagen as well. I'm not worried about SD video output though, only HD.

post #11241 of 11243 Old Today, 11:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I have a docking station connected directly to the Dune in an "external hard drive" configuration, with My Movies as the front end media browser. The docking station is set to automatically turn on when the Dune is powered on, and turn off when the Dune is turned off. The problem I"m having is that if I don't have the docking station already up and running when I turn on the Dune, the Dune does not detect the hard drives, making them inaccessible---despite the docking station being ON with the fan and drives running. I then have to turn off the Dune for a couple of seconds, and then turn it back on before my docking station automatically turns off. In other words, it appears that the Dune searches for the external drives as soon as the Dune turns on, but if the connected drives need time to power up it does not detect them. One solution is to leave my docking station running 24/7, but I do not use my Dune every day, so I would rather not do that.
post #11242 of 11243 Old Today, 11:08 AM

Liked: 29
Quote:
Updated the Lumagen to the latest firmware and it is working now.
post #11243 of 11243 Old Today, 02:54 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Can you elaborate on this? I am going to have the Dune running through a Lumagen as well. I'm not worried about SD video output though, only HD.
Then you should be fine with default settings. Its when you try to get SD content to output as SD that you run into difficulty.
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Tags
Dune Hd Smart B1 1080p Media Player
Gear in this thread - 1080p by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page