New Dune HD Max and HD Smart anticipation thread Q3 2010 - Page 380 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #11371 of 11383 Old 07-17-2015, 01:28 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
A slightly bit of good news. I pulled the power and left it 24hrs for a reset. Turning it back on and the drive ejects which is good, but it still wont play anything. Even after trying a few different firmwares.

Im now going to order a new media player, (not a Dune one unfortunately), and get a stand alone bluray player. Im gutted as I love my HD Max but without the bd/dvd playback its kinda 50% useless.

Thanks for the reply Hyrax & Mr Eric

*edit* bought a bluray player and it fits on my tv unit, pretty much out of sight. So no need to get a new media player. Ill use the HD Max til it dies, or until Dune release a new one (if at all)

Last edited by Cyclone44; 07-17-2015 at 01:12 PM. Reason: more info
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11372 of 11383 Old 07-17-2015, 05:05 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I recently got an used Smart H1 since my C200 died (logic board, not PSU).
I have trouble getting system storage to initialize with an USB thumb drive.
The drive is empty (a single MBR partition, 4 GB) it shows up in the sources menu and can be accessed but when I try to use it as system storage it says "no suitable empty device found".

Is there something I'm missing?

What I've tried so far:

- Formatted the thumb drive's partition with FAT/FAT32/NTFS on a Windows PC
- Just a RAW MBR partition without any file system
- Used different thumb drive (16 GB) but all the same
- Tried multiple USB ports

The Dune's firmware version is the latest non-beta release (150227_0032_b9)

Any thoughts?
Thank you very much for your help!

*Edit*: Found the solution: Completely delete all partition data on the USB thumb drive, then plug it into the Dune, try to access it, it states that it isn't formatted - use the GUI to format it with EXT3 and then it can be used as system storage

Last edited by JohnnieBGoode; 07-17-2015 at 05:54 AM.
post #11373 of 11383 Old 07-22-2015, 06:15 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have an almost new Dune D1 barely used for about 2 years... PayPal accepted. I've decided to use the streaming on my Oppo 105D instead. Let me know if this should be posted elsewhere...

Thanks,
Eddy
post #11374 of 11383 Old 08-02-2015, 04:50 PM
EVT
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Can't find windows 10 shares

Hi guys,

My server is down temporarily for repair so I'm trying to use my WIN 10 PC to stream via SMB to my Dune - the trouble is my Dune can't seem to connect.

I had previously setup up manual paths on my Dune before upgrading from WIN 8.1 and that worked fine - the Dune was able to access the files. The files are still in the same place and the relevant folders appear to be shared but I can't seem to access anything via the Dune - anyone have any suggestions?
post #11375 of 11383 Old 08-02-2015, 06:11 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVT View Post
Hi guys,

My server is down temporarily for repair so I'm trying to use my WIN 10 PC to stream via SMB to my Dune - the trouble is my Dune can't seem to connect.

I had previously setup up manual paths on my Dune before upgrading from WIN 8.1 and that worked fine - the Dune was able to access the files. The files are still in the same place and the relevant folders appear to be shared but I can't seem to access anything via the Dune - anyone have any suggestions?

Boy, I remember I had trouble when I went from Windows 7 to Windows 8. I can't remember really how I got it working again. I'll look back and see if I posted here about my issues. I do remember I never was able to get the network browser working again.

Could you please let me know if you get it working? I'm going to be going to Windows 10. thanks
Dave
post #11376 of 11383 Old 08-02-2015, 08:06 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 932 Post(s)
Liked: 453
Quote:
Hi guys,

Win-10 is supposed to have more robust DNLA which supports MKV, FLAC and maybe more.
post #11377 of 11383 Old 08-03-2015, 12:21 PM
EVT
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbrons View Post
Boy, I remember I had trouble when I went from Windows 7 to Windows 8. I can't remember really how I got it working again. I'll look back and see if I posted here about my issues. I do remember I never was able to get the network browser working again.

Could you please let me know if you get it working? I'm going to be going to Windows 10. thanks
Dave
I managed to get it working and fortunately I didn't have to change anything on my Dune.

I fumbled around with the network settings and I managed to get it to work - it seems in my case what seemed to do the trick was unchecking the box that allows Windows to manage homegroup connections and instead selecting the box - use user accounts and passwords. My guess is that Windows must have changed this setting during the upgrade to Win 10 but in truth I don't know what I had it set to under Win 8.1 as it's been forever since I had changed anything in the network settings.

Of note, just like with Win 7 and Win 8 the network browser on the Dune still can't be used - you still have to create your paths manually.

Last edited by EVT; 08-04-2015 at 08:19 AM.
post #11378 of 11383 Old 08-03-2015, 02:41 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 932 Post(s)
Liked: 453
Quote:
I let you know if I figure it out. I know in Win 7 I had to manually entire the network locations on the Dune but when I upgraded to Win 8 and then later to 8.1 I didn't have to change anything. In Win 10 I set my share settings to what I believe is the same as before the upgrade but my Dunes are unable to access the shared folders.

There must be something wrong in Win 10 though as even my Oppo which is able to browse and find the shares can't access any files due to password restrictions which I have incidentally turned off! I guess this is what I get for upgrading so early.
Check the NTFS security settings for the shared volumes, maybe they got restricted. Sometimes just turning everything off including NTFS permissions, then turning it all back on again will do it.
post #11379 of 11383 Old 08-04-2015, 08:16 AM
EVT
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdgrimes View Post
Check the NTFS security settings for the shared volumes, maybe they got restricted. Sometimes just turning everything off including NTFS permissions, then turning it all back on again will do it.
Thanks for the tip, however it ended being one of the settings related to homegroups that probably got changed during the upgrade from Win 8 to Win 10.

Last edited by EVT; 08-04-2015 at 08:20 AM.
post #11380 of 11383 Old 08-15-2015, 06:51 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 11
yeah, I just upgraded to windows 10 today. I had forgotten about this and my shares weren't accessible. Looked here then unchecked the box about allowing windows to manage connections. I was still down then I noticed underneath that checkbox the setting for password protected sharing. I've had this turned off in Windows 8 but it was set to on. Turned it off and all my shares were back.
Dave
post #11381 of 11383 Old 08-31-2015, 05:27 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone44 View Post
A slightly bit of good news. I pulled the power and left it 24hrs for a reset. Turning it back on and the drive ejects which is good, but it still wont play anything. Even after trying a few different firmwares.

Im now going to order a new media player, (not a Dune one unfortunately), and get a stand alone bluray player. Im gutted as I love my HD Max but without the bd/dvd playback its kinda 50% useless.

Thanks for the reply Hyrax & Mr Eric

*edit* bought a bluray player and it fits on my tv unit, pretty much out of sight. So no need to get a new media player. Ill use the HD Max til it dies, or until Dune release a new one (if at all)
Well its any way not working -but next time you can pool-up plastic front lid and turn white wheel inside -drive will be eject disk.
post #11382 of 11383 Unread Today, 12:16 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Dune Max won't detect optical drive
My Dune HD Max stopped being able to detect its internal optical (Blu-ray, DVD & CD) drive.
It can still detect the hard disk and all other player functions seem OK.
The top menu previously showed the optical drive and the hard disk. Now it just shows the hard disk.

I guess my next step would be to open it up and check for loose cables, followed by trying to find a replacement drive.

Any advice?
post #11383 of 11383 Unread Today, 04:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked: 59
that's all you can do... Pray for a simple cable problem because finding a replacement drive is extremely hard.
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Tags
Dune Hd Smart B1 1080p Media Player
Gear in this thread - 1080p by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page