New Dune HD Max and HD Smart anticipation thread Q3 2010 - Page 388 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

Forum Jump: 
 26Likes

post #11611 of 11626 Old 07-21-2016, 12:49 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1575 Post(s)
Liked: 895
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChldsPlay View Post
Yeah, I don't want to do any rescanning or anything else where I have to redo all the customization I've already done. I was trying to figure out if I could go to the settings of where Zappiti looks and change that to reflect that it's attached to the Dune and not the PC. Something simple and fairly quick. I only add one or two movies at a time, and it's easy enough to scan them and just ignore all the ones it says need scanned or cleaned up. Certainly not worth an entire rescan.

It does ask for a complete export no matter how many things I have added. The one I did last night makes sense since I changed the theme, but usually it's just adding a movie or two and it still asks for a complete export.
You can modify the path to any drive in Media Center settings.
"Re-scan" doesn't exist. Every scan is a complete scan of all drives unless some are disconnected. Even if you just change the path for a drive, you still need to do a complete scan and clean up the broken file links. Changing a drive path means that all file links on that drive are broken. Zappiti won't go through and update file links for you, it creates new ones.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11612 of 11626 Old 07-21-2016, 01:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quoted: 598 Post(s)
Liked: 313
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdgrimes View Post
You can modify the path to any drive in Media Center settings.
"Re-scan" doesn't exist. Every scan is a complete scan of all drives unless some are disconnected. Even if you just change the path for a drive, you still need to do a complete scan and clean up the broken file links. Changing a drive path means that all file links on that drive are broken. Zappiti won't go through and update file links for you, it creates new ones.
New ones is not what I want since that means default images, and data, etc and not the ones I manually adjusted (which is probably 50% of the titles).

I was hoping there was a simple way, but it appears there is not.

The Hodor Theater - Now with Atmos
Projector - Panasonic PT-AE8000U
LCR speakers - JTR Noesis 228 HT (3)
Surr./Back - Klipsch Pro Cinema KPT-8000M (4); Atmos In-ceiling - Niles DS8HD (4)
Subwoofers - Passive JTR Captivator Pro (2) - Powered by Crown XLS 5000.
Receiver - Yamaha Adventage A3050
post #11613 of 11626 Old 07-30-2016, 07:39 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Ugh, Zappiti is being a real pain.

Ever since I switched to the grey theme it doesn't work right. I can only move around the initial titles that show up on the screen. Once it tries to scroll down to more titles it freezes up. This happens whether I'm looking at all of my movies, or just ones from a specific genre or letter. So I only have access to 15 titles or from the main movie section.

If I back out of Zappiti and use the Dune's standard interface it works without any problems. I have tried switching back to the default theme, but it hasn't improved things at all.

Surr./Back - Klipsch Pro Cinema KPT-8000M (4); Atmos In-ceiling - Niles DS8HD (4)
post #11614 of 11626 Old 09-27-2016, 06:00 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Missing VobSub subtitles

I've been using the Dune HD Smart D1 for some time now problem free, until recently. All of my movies are .mkv format with untouched audio/video and subtitles in vobsub format. I stream my movies over a wired home network. I've never had a problem before until recently, now when I hit the Subtitles button on my remote they don't show up at all. I've tried multiple files and used MediaInfo to ensure the subs are they and they work fine when playing locally via VLC on my PC.

Also, I have a few movies where I have subs in both VobSub and PGS formats. The PGS ones work fine but the VobSub still aren't showing up.

Any ideas?

Thanks
post #11615 of 11626 Old 10-04-2016, 05:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Hi-
I think my Dune HD Smart player is great. But I've had it for over 5 years and wonder if there might be something else out there that does a better job (or as good a job if worse comes to worse). The features I'd like in an ideal player would be support for all the likely video formats, video pass through and better subtitle support. While I like the fact that the Dune plays ISO files, it isn't a make or break feature. I am contemplating a HTPC, but would much rather have something like the Dune. I've been playing with Plex and Kodi - Having those types of a GUI is OK but I often prefer the simplicity of the Dune's file system view.

TIA
post #11616 of 11626 Old 10-04-2016, 06:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 363 Post(s)
Liked: 412
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyrax View Post
Hi-
I think my Dune HD Smart player is great. But I've had it for over 5 years and wonder if there might be something else out there that does a better job (or as good a job if worse comes to worse). The features I'd like in an ideal player would be support for all the likely video formats, video pass through and better subtitle support. While I like the fact that the Dune plays ISO files, it isn't a make or break feature. I am contemplating a HTPC, but would much rather have something like the Dune. I've been playing with Plex and Kodi - Having those types of a GUI is OK but I often prefer the simplicity of the Dune's file system view.

TIA
Are you aware of the Dune 4K Solo? I have a Dune Smart D1 and also purchased the 4K Solo when it was released back in March.

Samsung 65" KS8000
Denon AVR 6300H
Klipsch F-30 Fronts
Klipsch C-20 Center
Klipsch S-20 Sides
Klipsch B-20 Rears,PA 120 12" Sub,klipsch R-10SW
post #11617 of 11626 Old 10-05-2016, 07:22 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by azereus View Post
I've been using the Dune HD Smart D1 for some time now problem free, until recently. All of my movies are .mkv format with untouched audio/video and subtitles in vobsub format. I stream my movies over a wired home network. I've never had a problem before until recently, now when I hit the Subtitles button on my remote they don't show up at all. I've tried multiple files and used MediaInfo to ensure the subs are they and they work fine when playing locally via VLC on my PC.

Also, I have a few movies where I have subs in both VobSub and PGS formats. The PGS ones work fine but the VobSub still aren't showing up.

Any ideas?

Thanks
When a vobsub seems otherwise to be okay but won't play on a Dune HD Smart D1 it is probably because the vobsub is in a higher definition (720 or 1080) than the Dune can handle.

I have had good luck converting hi-def vobsubs to standard-def using BDSup2Sub (see https://github.com/mjuhasz/BDSup2Sub/wiki/Download). This is a generic Java application which can run on most any platform as far as I know. I use a command line something like this:
Code:
java -jar BDSup2Sub.jar -r 480 -o newvobsub oldvobsub
where "newvobsub" will be the converted standard-res file name and "oldvobsub" is the original hi-def file name.
post #11618 of 11626 Old 10-05-2016, 11:39 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by jconjason View Post
Are you aware of the Dune 4K Solo? I have a Dune Smart D1 and also purchased the 4K Solo when it was released back in March.
Thanks. I'll check it out.
post #11619 of 11626 Old 10-07-2016, 06:50 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Thank you so much; that's exactly what the issue was. I had no idea about the resolution limitation. The more you know.

Thanks again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdellera View Post
When a vobsub seems otherwise to be okay but won't play on a Dune HD Smart D1 it is probably because the vobsub is in a higher definition (720 or 1080) than the Dune can handle.

I have had good luck converting hi-def vobsubs to standard-def using BDSup2Sub (see https://github.com/mjuhasz/BDSup2Sub/wiki/Download). This is a generic Java application which can run on most any platform as far as I know. I use a command line something like this:
Code:
java -jar BDSup2Sub.jar -r 480 -o newvobsub oldvobsub
where "newvobsub" will be the converted standard-res file name and "oldvobsub" is the original hi-def file name.
post #11620 of 11626 Old 11-17-2016, 07:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Anyone have any issues with titles that have Atmos having some audio glitches when playing?

It seems the few movies I have tried playing that have Atmos have had sporadic cutting in and out during playback. It's usually very quick, but it gets a little annoying when it persists a bit.

This has occurred both with MKV files and with full blu-rays (file structure not ISO).

I have Atmos demos that all play fine, but the clips are relatively short.

I haven't noticed this problem on any title that is not Atmos.

post #11621 of 11626 Old 11-17-2016, 08:59 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Anyone have any issues with titles that have Atmos having some audio glitches when playing?

It seems the few movies I have tried playing that have Atmos have had sporadic cutting in and out during playback. It's usually very quick, but it gets a little annoying when it persists a bit.

This has occurred both with MKV files and with full blu-rays (file structure not ISO).

It'll happen with any title that's DTHD 7.1, which is what Atmos is. Its mainly a lack of processing power in the player, and you'll usually have it when bit rates spike.
post #11622 of 11626 Old 11-18-2016, 05:56 AM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I own the smart B1 and since playback is perfect, i am stuck a an old fw version.
Should i update to the latest version. Will Full Blu Ray menus still work ? Anything (bad) i should now about ?
post #11623 of 11626 Old 11-18-2016, 09:46 AM

Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by vadergr View Post
I own the smart B1 and since playback is perfect, i am stuck a an old fw version.
Should i update to the latest version. Will Full Blu Ray menus still work ? Anything (bad) i should now about ?
Full Blu-Ray menus do NOT work on my Smart D1 so expect your B1 would be the same. What fw are you on that gives you the Menus? Is it still available anywhere? I would back level to that to get the menus...
post #11624 of 11626 Old 11-18-2016, 10:31 AM
AVS Addicted Member

I had no issues with BD menus on my H1. Anyone can use any firmware version they want with the Smart series. Just go into setup and display the list of available versions, then install whichever you like.
post #11625 of 11626 Old 11-18-2016, 04:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 363 Post(s)
Liked: 412
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgoering View Post
Full Blu-Ray menus do NOT work on my Smart D1 so expect your B1 would be the same. What fw are you on that gives you the Menus? Is it still available anywhere? I would back level to that to get the menus...
They work fine on my D1.

Samsung 65" KS8000
Denon AVR 6300H
Klipsch F-30 Fronts
Klipsch C-20 Center
Klipsch S-20 Sides
Klipsch B-20 Rears,PA 120 12" Sub,klipsch R-10SW
post #11626 of 11626 Old Today, 01:06 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:

I have the same problem but only with titles that are made out of segmented M2TS pieces on the disk. It doesn’t matter how I rip the title – as MKV or reassemble the pieces in one M2TS file the problem is there.
On the other hand if the movie with Atmos soundtrack is the single M2TS file on the disk it plays flawlessly.
I have the same problem but only with titles that are made out of segmented M2TS pieces on the disk. It doesn’t matter how I rip the title – as MKV or reassemble the pieces in one M2TS file the problem is there.
On the other hand if the movie with Atmos soundtrack is the single M2TS file on the disk it plays flawlessly.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Tags
Dune Hd Smart B1 1080p Media Player
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page