Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked: 296
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan Webel View Post

My order status didn't change today.

Mine say "new"; what should it say?

CD

Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything. -Plato
post #1534 of 10963 Old 11-08-2010, 04:17 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDLehner View Post

CD

CD

I think we a vacation from preorders (tech Stuff)!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the longest i have ever waited for a product......
post #1535 of 10963 Old 11-08-2010, 04:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmoney94 View Post

CD

I think we a vacation from preorders (tech Stuff)!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the longest i have ever waited for a product......

Man, I'm coming full circle with regards to my streaming. When I started out, I couldn't rip enough, and do enough complicated 3rd-party GUI stuff; mods, the whole nine. Had to have the latest box, and blah, blah, blah.

I sold my 20-drive Norco, pared down to a reasonable server...and my $60 Roku is the best piece of CE I've bought in a LONG time. No waiting, $60, just works.

Yeah, this 2 1/2 month pre-order stuff is tiresome.

CD

Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything. -Plato
post #1536 of 10963 Old 11-08-2010, 06:44 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:

Man, I'm coming full circle with regards to my streaming. When I started out, I couldn't rip enough, and do enough complicated 3rd-party GUI stuff; mods, the whole nine. Had to have the latest box, and blah, blah, blah.

I sold my 20-drive Norco, pared down to a reasonable server...and my $60 Roku is the best piece of CE I've bought in a LONG time. No waiting, $60, just works.

Yeah, this 2 1/2 month pre-order stuff is tiresome.

CD

NOTE: Only 1080p24 and 1080p30 playback is supported on the Roku player. 1080p60 playback is not supported. Also, 1080p is supported on video playback only, the Roku user interface will be displayed at 720p.
post #1537 of 10963 Old 11-08-2010, 07:11 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:

CD

It would change to "completed" and clicking on the 'view order' link would show (among other things) the tracking info.
post #1538 of 10963 Old 11-08-2010, 07:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan Webel View Post

It would change to "completed" and clicking on the 'view order' link would show (among other things) the tracking info.

And does anyone have that?

CD

post #1539 of 10963 Old 11-08-2010, 07:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opentoe View Post

NOTE: Only 1080p24 and 1080p30 playback is supported on the Roku player. 1080p60 playback is not supported. Also, 1080p is supported on video playback only, the Roku user interface will be displayed at 720p.

I'm well aware of what it does...and doesn't do. For $60, what do you want?

CD

post #1540 of 10963 Old 11-08-2010, 07:50 PM
Scott Horton, techht.com

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 52
But, I didn't know what it wouldn't do. I was wondering. Now I'm not . I figured he knew you knew what it's limits were .

I wish someone would line up the Dune, Sage, and Netgear and do a 1:1 comparison.

Maybe I'll see if I can get a thread started....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #1541 of 10963 Old 11-08-2010, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetGray View Post

But, I didn't know what it wouldn't do. I was wondering. Now I'm not . I figured he knew you knew what it's limits were .

I wish someone would line up the Dune, Sage, and Netgear and do a 1:1 comparison.

Maybe I'll see if I can get a thread started....

I would actually like to see this. I mean I've put an H1 on my Christmas list, despite the fact I still do not know if it can do full 3D blu-ray. Would be nice, but at this point I'm not calling it a deal breaker. I'm just getting tired of using only a PS3 for all my needs.

Anyways though such a comparison would be nice for those doing research and considering their options.

post #1542 of 10963 Old 11-09-2010, 05:54 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 266 Post(s)
Liked: 354
I certainly hope those of you who have pre-ordered (especially the ones who like to post) do get your units soon so we all can start seeing some reviews/commentary of actual shipping product. With the Smart Series running neck and neck with the Netgear Neo 550 (only on paper at this point) it's about time we were treated to some real feature/performance data on shipping units.

- kelson h

The bitterness of poor quality lasts long after the sweetness of the low price is forgotten . . . life is too short to drink bad wine

post #1543 of 10963 Old 11-09-2010, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelson View Post

I certainly hope those of you who have pre-ordered (especially the ones who like to post) do get your units soon so we all can start seeing some reviews/commentary of actual shipping product. With the Smart Series running neck and neck with the Netgear Neo 550 (only on paper at this point) it's about time we were treated to some real feature/performance data on shipping units.

The Smart H1 and HD Max have been shipping and have been in use for almost a month now. I personally have the H1. It is the same chipset and firmware as the 3.0 units, so operation is exactly the same. I have been very happy thus far.
post #1544 of 10963 Old 11-09-2010, 08:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 49
Quote:

That is EXCELLENT news!! I'm really liking Zappiti, and it was working just fine when I started messing with after my pre-order (no need to talk about how long ago that was...lol). I know some people took the opportunity to jump, but I was really hoping there would be a quick fix.

CD

Just curious, with Zappiti or MM can you download either of them into the Dune to use it as a stand-alone player with one of those as the GUI? Will they both do album art for FLAC?

I know My Movies has a "Collection Management" program to catalog & add movie covers to the rips on my NAS, does Zappitti have same?
post #1545 of 10963 Old 11-09-2010, 08:23 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnrgagne View Post

Just curious, with Zappiti or MM can you download either of them into the Dune to use it as a stand-alone player with one of those as the GUI? Will they both do album art for FLAC?

I know My Movies has a "Collection Management" program to catalog & add movie covers to the rips on my NAS, does Zappitti have same?

Zappiti and MM are required to run on a PC, they cannot be run directly from the Dune

Zappiti is the equivalent of Collection Management

Cheers,
Damian

MSS.net blog (contributing editor) -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Windows Entertainment and Connected Home MVP 2010-2012

post #1546 of 10963 Old 11-09-2010, 08:25 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnrgagne View Post

you can load the index/interface onto a drive attached to the dune, but they have to first be set up and generated by the software on a pc, as damian indicates.

mymovies is just for movies, and zappiti does movies and tv shows. to my knowledge, neither have any interaction with music, flac or otherwise.

post #1547 of 10963 Old 11-09-2010, 08:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by absolootbs View Post

you can load the index/interface onto a drive attached to the dune, but they have to first be set up and generated by the software on a pc, as damian indicates.

mymovies is just for movies, and zappiti does movies and tv shows. to my knowledge, neither have any interaction with music, flac or otherwise.

Yeah, I asked the same question...because one of the things that I really like about Zappiti, is the "scraper" is built right into the GUI. So my eyes got real big, and I asked the same question; can you just store everything on a thumb and run it stand-alone.

I got the same answer as above...and if you think about it, it's kind of a blonde moment; there has to be an OS for the file generator to run on.

CD

post #1548 of 10963 Old 11-09-2010, 11:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 49
Quote:

Yeah, I asked the same question...because one of the things that I really like about Zappiti, is the "scraper" is built right into the GUI. So my eyes got real big, and I asked the same question; can you just store everything on a thumb and run it stand-alone.

I got the same answer as above...and if you think about it, it's kind of a blonde moment; there has to be an OS for the file generator to run on.

CD

Ah, okay. My interest in those two was predominantly to embed movie covers into my ISO files for the GUI in stand alone streamers. I have the Sage 300 and with the folder.jpgs in my FLAC files I get album covers, having the same for my movie collection is all I'm really after, I know the Sage will do it if the folder.jpg is in there. What I don't remember is if the Dune has a similar simple GUI without running off a computer?

I really like the idea of a Blu-Ray drive to have just one unit instead of a streamer and a player in my HT.
post #1549 of 10963 Old 11-09-2010, 01:20 PM

Looks like the new version of Zappiti is close. It looks like they have released a new beta version.

http://www.hdlandforum.fr/viewtopic....605&start=2470
post #1550 of 10963 Old 11-09-2010, 01:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by keenan9 View Post

Looks like the new version of Zappiti is close. It looks like they have released a new beta version.

http://www.hdlandforum.fr/viewtopic....605&start=2470

Great! Now if I could just...uh, you know; get my hands on the Dune!

CD

post #1551 of 10963 Old 11-09-2010, 01:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Just got a very quick e-mail reply from Mike. We all know he's not allowed to post status here, so I don't think he'd mind a customer updating the thread.

Unfortunately, DunePlayer has not received their shipment as expected. Mike says he was waiting for some info, as to when, before updating the site.

Hang in there guys.

CD

post #1552 of 10963 Old 11-09-2010, 02:01 PM

Quote:

Just got a very quick e-mail reply from Mike. We all know he's not allowed to post status here, so I don't think he'd mind a customer updating the thread.

Unfortunately, DunePlayer has not received their shipment as expected. Mike says he was waiting for some info, as to when, before updating the site.

Hang in there guys.

CD

Bummer.

Thanks for the update, though.
post #1553 of 10963 Old 11-09-2010, 04:00 PM

http://www.hdlandforum.fr/viewtopic....=790&start=160

Guys 10 more days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #1554 of 10963 Old 11-09-2010, 04:14 PM

I ran cat6 down to the first floor, network is ready.
I bought a 2tb hard drive from Newegg to stick in the D1 for 80 bucks, it arrived today.............no D1. sigh
post #1555 of 10963 Old 11-09-2010, 06:07 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmoney94 View Post
The site says, "Nous avons reçu des nouvelles de l'usine. Les Dune HD Smart D1 sont en transit Ã* Hong Kong. Elles vont commencer Ã* être dispatchées vers les différents revendeurs Ã* travers le monde. Nous pensons les recevoir d'ici environ 10 jours."

Here is the translation via Google:

"We have received news of the plant. The Dune HD Smart D1 are in transit in Hong Kong. They will begin to be dispatched to various dealers worldwide. We expect to receive within about 10 days."
post #1556 of 10963 Old 11-10-2010, 07:47 AM
Scott Horton, techht.com

Liked: 52
Hi guys: For any of you who have chosen this box as your preferred solution, I would be grateful if you could participate in a comparison thread. It would be off-topic to get into it here.

I'm trying to get a handle on the differences, the pros and cons of each of the 3 boxes, Sage, Netgear, and Dune. I know many of you have researched and come to the conclusion this box is or might be the "one" for you, please come and share why you chose it over one of the other ones.

edit link fixed:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1289018

THANKS

post #1557 of 10963 Old 11-10-2010, 07:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFees View Post

I would actually like to see this. I mean I've put an H1 on my Christmas list, despite the fact I still do not know if it can do full 3D blu-ray. Would be nice, but at this point I'm not calling it a deal breaker. I'm just getting tired of using only a PS3 for all my needs.

Anyways though such a comparison would be nice for those doing research and considering their options.

The H1 won't do 3-D blu-ray. Plus, there are many hurdles to even streaming the format. So far, I think 3-D BD's are converted to anaglyph (red/blue lenses) format for streaming. No polarized or active shutter technology for BD streams yet.

All the Dune states is that it will support RealD technology, which uses polarized lenses. This is sort of a useless feature, because LCD and Plasma TV's can never do RealD. The device that creates the images must be fitted with a polarizing device called a Zscreen To date, Zscreens only work on projection devices. Further, a Zscreen on your projecter just needs to be the size of your lens ( a couple of inches). To put the same technology on a 50" plasma would require a 50" Zscreen (and the current 4" zscreen is several hundred dollars). RealD is offering to license the technology to TV manufactures (licenses didn't open until just last month). However, I don't think any Tv manufacturers are interested yet.

All this Dune "feature" is really stating is that the Dune will output a1080p144 signal if it is fed one. Any device capable of outputting 1080p144 is technically "RealD compatible". You then need a Zscreen and a device capable of projecting 1080p144.

This is nothing more than a Dune marketing ploy to confuse the masses into thinking Blu-ray 3-D will work on their Smart line. To most people, 3D is 3D and they are not aware of all the various 3D formats.
post #1558 of 10963 Old 11-10-2010, 07:54 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 71
New version of Zappiti released:

Changes since previous version:
- Fix IMDb scrap
- Fix TVShow issue when scrapping again
- Add new function to change red wallpaper by a personal one (in PNG)
- Add new function Seen/Ongoing/Unseen
- Allow to choose font size of movie title (syno page)
- Fix some issues
- New installer
- Fix various issues

http://www.zappiti.com/Download/Zappiti-v1.3.1.2006.exe

Cheers,
Damian

MSS.net blog (contributing editor) -

Windows Entertainment and Connected Home MVP 2010-2012

post #1559 of 10963 Old 11-10-2010, 08:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone1026 View Post

- Fix IMDb scrap
- Fix some issues
- New installer
- Fix various issues

Cool; I'll look forward to checking it out tonight!

CD

post #1560 of 10963 Old 11-10-2010, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone1026 View Post

- Fix IMDb scrap
- Fix some issues
- New installer
- Fix various issues

Just installed it, what's weird is that the version is stated as v1.3.1.2006 above, but what I run the program it says the version is v1.3.1.2005.

It doesn't appear that the IMDB scraping is completely fixed. It's still not pulling information for some of my movies.

I am still playing around with it. Everything appears to be pretty good.
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Tags
Dune Hd Smart B1 1080p Media Player
Gear in this thread - 1080p by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page