Originally Posted by 720p
Netgear unlike Boxee keeps the to do list secret. Is your bug list secret as well or can you give us a rundown? I'd like to know what bugs are being worked on.
As usual I can't fault the hardware (especially in neo's case - acceptable quality & looks, nice form factor case, same for remote) but the firmware is terrible. I wish there was a software company making firmware for sigma chips.
Most important thing on the plate is not even a bug
My review will go out only after Netflix is enabled.
The priority of the devs is what the user wants (for example, stuttering over SMB wasn't even in the list of bugs I submitted because I always first test things from a local USB drive. If it doesn't work over local USB, I don't even bother to test over the network).
Some of the bugs that I have reported are as below (filenames refer to our test suite number):
1. Under Audio Passthrough settings, I still can't see an option to decode AAC to LPCM. I see Stereo, HDMI and SPDIF passthrough. However, some of the multi-channel AAC tracks did get decoded to multi-channel LPCM in the 'Stereo' setting'. I believe this just needs to be fixed in the settings GUI.
2. 1080p60 H264 playback is still not perfect [ 004-1080p60.x264.8ref.mkv ]
3. TrueHD m2ts gives static to receiver when set to HD audio passthrough [ 009-TrueHD.6Ch..m2ts ]. (Receiver in my testbed is Onkyo 606)
4. After file in (3) was played, subsequent attempts to playback some files resulted in video not being displayed [ 010-1080p24.x264.AAC.mp4 , for example ]. Choosing a few more files to play back made it OK again.
5. [ 011-FLAC.6Ch.ASS.Subs ] subtitles display is much more broken than it was in v275. Earlier, the subtitles with effects tried to appear on top, but now it appears at the bottom. Around 20 - 30 seconds into the clip, both audio and video as well as the subtitles started to freeze and stutter badly.
6. [ 038-1080p25.AVC.AAC.6Ch.MOV.mov ] didn't play back even though codecs are supported.
7. [ 048-PGSForcedSub.mkv ] : Subtitles are off by default. I think default behaviour should be 'forced subtitles on'. Any case, I turned forced subtitles on. After the forced subs started appearing, the clip just crashed in the middle of the forced subs.
Again, I have no idea what priority the devs are giving to these bugs. And this is just a subset of the bugs I had reported for v275.