Netgear NeoTV 550 - Page 76 - AVS Forum
First ... 74  75  76 77  78  ... Last
Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming > Netgear NeoTV 550
dropzone7's Avatar dropzone7 02:55 PM 12-15-2010
What is your latitude and longitude...?

Am_I_Evil's Avatar Am_I_Evil 02:56 PM 12-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Av8tr View Post

I'm at Fryes right now and they have a whole shelvefull of them. I am picking one up and will set it up later tonight.

Maybe I should pick up an extra one and ship it to someone who hasnt been naughty this year

so....did they decide to try and sell them in stores first and not honor any of the online orders at this time?
DoomBot's Avatar DoomBot 02:56 PM 12-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by skro View Post

What county are you in?

haha! your funny we must have posted at about the same time cause i didn't see your post yet.
jerome8283's Avatar jerome8283 02:56 PM 12-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by skro View Post

What county are you in?

What country are you in?
Am_I_Evil's Avatar Am_I_Evil 02:57 PM 12-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micker View Post

Well if that is true I would be pretty PO'ED. I placed my pre order weeks ago and still haven't even received an email!!

i'm annoyed because i emailed their customer service a question 2 days ago and they never got back to me...even if they don't have any information it would be nice to have received a response to my inquiry...
Av8tr's Avatar Av8tr 03:12 PM 12-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerome8283 View Post

What country are you in?

I live in riverside county California but I'm at the Fryes in Anaheim Orang County.

I called this morning and wad told they still had not arrived. I came here for something else and was stunned to see them on the shelve. The guy working here said he just put them out.
tima94930's Avatar tima94930 03:25 PM 12-15-2010
Can anyone confirm if the NTV550 supports Apple Lossless, and if so, is it gapless? Would there be any downside to using ALAC instead of FLAC WRT the NTV550?
Micker's Avatar Micker 03:30 PM 12-15-2010
Quote:

I live in riverside county California but I'm at the Fryes in Anaheim Orang County.

I called this morning and wad told they still had not arrived. I came here for something else and was stunned to see them on the shelve. The guy working here said he just put them out.

How can they put out an item that has a list of preorders that need to be filled?? They must have just received the shipment and some clueless employee put them out on the floor....
McCabe's Avatar McCabe 03:31 PM 12-15-2010
Quote:

How can they put out an item that has a list of preorders that need to be filled?? They must have just received the shipment and some clueless employee put them out on the floor....

I think B&M and Frys.com operate on separate systems. I don't believe you can return a Frys.com order to the store even. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.
720p's Avatar 720p 03:40 PM 12-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bozzeta View Post

http://forum1.netgear.com/showpost.p...6&postcount=10
http://www.hdlandforum.fr/download/file.php?id=416
bdallow file that 720p talked about...

Pour le support des lecteurs Blu-ray externes, il faut mettre un petit complémentaire "bdallow" sur une SD Card insérée dans l'appareil (en attendant que la licence soit officiellement validée).
Vous trouverez le fichier en question en pièce jointe.

Says you need to put the file on the SD-Card until the license is validated.
This is not a fw-file but one ini file and probably one crypto key

I'm aware of that file but that's not what I was looking for. I remember someone saying hdland "enhanced" the firmware by adding a couple of features but even after searching I couldn't find the reference. I was wondering if hdland found a way to modify the firmware as I need something better than one resolution. Ntgr doesn't understand this so I thought someone else will. The WDTV series had hacked firmwares which unlocked many features.
Todd248's Avatar Todd248 03:43 PM 12-15-2010
Frys.com and Fry's B&M are separate. Items purchased from frys.com can not be returned to a B&M store.
Av8tr's Avatar Av8tr 03:49 PM 12-15-2010
Quote:

Well as I'm leaving the store, there are still 12 on the shelve. I guess I'll go home and cancel my online order.
McCabe's Avatar McCabe 04:02 PM 12-15-2010
My two local Fry's in Georgia report no stock and have no idea when it will come in.
mather's Avatar mather 04:43 PM 12-15-2010
With those able to grab one at Frys, may the US complaining officially begin...

On a serious note, let us know what firmware it shipped with out of the box and the latest version updated with.
Fletcher's Avatar Fletcher 06:39 PM 12-15-2010
Fry's in Manhattan Beach, CA still doesn't have them out and computer doesn't register any in stock.
gpmc's Avatar gpmc 07:24 PM 12-15-2010
No news about the availability here in Singapore.
I'm very disappointed.
sean_w_smith's Avatar sean_w_smith 07:30 PM 12-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by tima94930 View Post

Can anyone confirm if the NTV550 supports Apple Lossless, and if so, is it gapless? Would there be any downside to using ALAC instead of FLAC WRT the NTV550?

Dunno if it supports it. both formats accomplish the same thing. they are both lossless, highly compressed and support tagging. If not you can easily batch convert lossless between formats although I have found that FLAC bootlegs which playback gaplessly will have a slight seam once converted to ALAC with dbPowerAmp.

Sean
sam_donut's Avatar sam_donut 07:52 PM 12-15-2010
I called fry's in anaheim earlier today after av8tr posted they had them in stock and was told they don't have any in stock.
skro's Avatar skro 08:48 PM 12-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_donut View Post

I called fry's in anaheim earlier today after av8tr posted they had them in stock and was told they don't have any in stock.

I've called fry's before to ask if they carried a 58" panasonic plasma I was looking for. They said no, but I went there anyway to double check and there it was! I'm going to check my fry's soon for the 550, and won't bother calling.
Av8tr's Avatar Av8tr 09:10 PM 12-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_donut View Post

It's there. The admin people don't know what they're doing.

Not too confident in their tech support either. I can't get the Neo to recognize my WD external hard drive which is attached to my Netgear 3700 router. They're trying to tell me that 2 TB is too big for the router to handle. My intial reaction to this new product is not too enthusiastic, but it's true that I'm not very tech savvy.
jmpage2's Avatar jmpage2 09:21 PM 12-15-2010
Quote:

It's there. The admin people don't know what they're doing.

Not too confident in their tech support either. I can't get the Neo to recognize my WD external hard drive which is attached to my Netgear 3700 router. They're trying to tell me that 2 TB is too big for the router to handle. My intial reaction to this new product is not too enthusiastic, but it's true that I'm not very tech savvy.

The 3700 is a great router (I have put in several for myself and friends) but the sharing functions on it are a joke.

Try plugging the drive directly into the streamer to do your testing... then you can worry about how to share the files to it after you determine it meets your needs.
Av8tr's Avatar Av8tr 09:35 PM 12-15-2010
Thanks. Yes it works fine when attached directly to the NEO. I also connected the usb directly into the 3700 and it recognizes the WD external drive. For some reason when it's connected to the pc ( and thus indirectly to the 3700 router) the NEO doesn't recognize it. I'm on the phone with tech support right now.
skro's Avatar skro 10:02 PM 12-15-2010
Not in the North San Diego Frys yet. In case you aren't aware, there seems to be 2 spots for these boxes. One near the pc section, and one in the computer component (routers, etc) section. I was told it would be in the latter (and I saw the NTV250 there).
tima94930's Avatar tima94930 10:06 PM 12-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean_w_smith View Post

Dunno if it supports it. both formats accomplish the same thing. they are both lossless, highly compressed and support tagging.

I'm tired of maintaining a parallel MP3 library to my FLAC library for the benefit of iTunes and thus am considering moving to ALAC. I'll use iTunes' on-the-fly conversion to 128 Kbps AAC when syncing, which should be the same quality as explicitly converting files to that bit rate in iTunes. I'm rarely able to ABX the result of the conversion to the original using my PC(S/PDIF)->receiver->decent headphones or speakers, so I've concluded it's basically nuts to go to the trouble of maintaining the parallel MP3 library at -V2 when AAC at 128 Kbps is so good, especially when the target is the portable device.

Quote:

If not you can easily batch convert lossless between formats although I have found that FLAC bootlegs which playback gaplessly will have a slight seam once converted to ALAC with dbPowerAmp.

What are you using to play the ALAC files? According to foobar2000's binary comparator, dbpa R14 converts FLAC to ALAC flawlessly.
saltydog4791's Avatar saltydog4791 10:14 PM 12-15-2010
After a 50 mile trek from Encino I just left the Anaheim Fry's with the very last one on the shelf. I guess it was a mad dash to that store today. The box sure looks nice fwiw. Will post my findings once I get to play.
Digz's Avatar Digz 11:04 PM 12-15-2010
I've just ordered one of these have i made a mistake. ?
OnlyMe's Avatar OnlyMe 11:16 PM 12-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digz View Post

I've just ordered one of these have i made a mistake. ?

Yes you have. You should have ordered two instead!
Digz's Avatar Digz 11:23 PM 12-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlyMe View Post

Yes you have. You should have ordered two instead!

LOL

Reason i asked is 76 pages is abit hard to take all in.
OnlyMe's Avatar OnlyMe 11:55 PM 12-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digz View Post

LOL

Reason i asked is 76 pages is abit hard to take all in.

I agree.

There is a comprehensive review of the NeoTV 550 here if you've not seen it already.

I'd say whether you're pleased or not depends very much on what you're trying to stream. Some things a faultless, others not so.
Digz's Avatar Digz 12:04 AM 12-16-2010
For now it will be used as a stand alone player with a HDD in a docking station.
First ... 74  75  76 77  78  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop