post #301 of 306 Old 10-06-2010, 09:42 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodosom View Post

While only a small part of it yes, the system was either horribly misconfigured or the reviewer was just making stuff up (possibly based on real reviews).

The main problem is as I previously noted but when reviewing a sportscar it's possibly relevant to note that it's not a backhoe should you need to set expectations. It's not okay to spend 20% of your word count complaining that it won't dig a ditch while simultaneously skipping important concepts.

No worries, just wanted you to expand a little more about your disagreement with the reviewer which would be helpful for others

Cheers,
Damian

MSS.net blog (contributing editor) - http://www.mediasmartserver.net

Windows Entertainment and Connected Home MVP 2010-2012

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #302 of 306 Old 10-06-2010, 10:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone1026 View Post

No worries, just wanted you to expand a little more about your disagreement with the reviewer which would be helpful for others

I believe Josh Topolsky's Engadget review is the best for the AVS crowd. Technical pros and cons neatly laid out by someone who is familiar with both the Apple gear in general and the current ATV-1g in particular.
post #303 of 306 Old 10-06-2010, 12:11 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 382
Wait a second, the AppleTV won't dig ditches while I watch Netflix? What a ripoff!

There is no difference in HDMI cables. If you can see the picture without visible dropouts or sparklies, the cable is working at 100%. No other cable will display a better version of that picture. You're simply wrong if you think there is a better digital cable than one that is already working.
post #304 of 306 Old 10-06-2010, 01:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogo View Post

Wait a second, the AppleTV won't dig ditches while I watch Netflix? What a ripoff!

No, but it will fill them in! My ditch digger/filler arrives tomorrow. It left China yesterday for some island in Hong Kong. Apple upgraded the shipping to FedEx Express for free. Got to hand it to them. All the Apple stores near me are sold out. Looks like the $99 price has made a big difference. Once AirPlay gets here it's really going to take off.

Philip
post #305 of 306 Old 10-06-2010, 01:35 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 293 Post(s)
Liked: 601
Any word yet on arrival at BestBuy stores? They still only list the old Apple Tv verison for over $300 online.
I'm still considering coming over to the darkside and getting an ATV. But it will have to be from BestBuy since I have a bunch of gift cards and reward zone dollars to use there.

39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

post #306 of 306 Old 10-06-2010, 05:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmcd View Post

All the Apple stores near me are sold out. Looks like the $99 price has made a big difference.

That's the opinion of JMP Research who are estimating 1M sales for this quarter. That's a lot in the streamer market but sadly it's still a niche to Apple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post

Any word yet on arrival at BestBuy stores?

To be purely speculative -- I believe secondary channels have been denied inventory when Apple can't stock their retail outlets. I'm sure they'll manage to get them by November.
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page