Apple TV owners' thread. - Page 163 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 311Likes

post #4861 of 4864 Old Yesterday, 08:02 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Improved PQ for AppleTV

Anyone else notice an improvement of the image quality of the Home screen and associated screens? Gen4 has been terrific out of the gate, but there is a noticeable change in the rendering, e.g., even crisper text and smoother backgrounds. I'm connected via Verizon FiOS 100mps matched to a Gateway Quantum router.

Perhaps Apple is upgrading the backend to prep for 4k?

Space | The Media Room: 10.5 L x 7.5 W x 7.5 H | FiOS 100Mbps Ethernet
Sound | 5.1.2: Denon AVR-S920W | Pioneer SP-BS22-LR/SP-C22/SP-T22A-LR Atmos | Polk OWM3/PSW10
Vision | 4K: 2015 Vizio M43 | MS XB1S | AppleTV 4 | Sony BDP-S3100 | FiOS Moto QIP7232-P2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4862 of 4864 Old Yesterday, 04:07 PM

Quoted: 177 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgpublic View Post
Anyone else notice an improvement of the image quality of the Home screen and associated screens? Gen4 has been terrific out of the gate, but there is a noticeable change in the rendering, e.g., even crisper text and smoother backgrounds. I'm connected via Verizon FiOS 100mps matched to a Gateway Quantum router.

I haven't noticed any specific change in the Home screen or text, but I've always thought that the Apple TV 1080p video looked noticeably better than any other streamer I've tried, and I've tried just about all of them. It's as if the ATV has had it's own ISF calibration! All it needs is 4K and an Amazon app to be perfect. I know, that's wishful thinking about the Amazon app.
post #4863 of 4864 Old Yesterday, 08:55 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1067 Post(s)
Liked: 661
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgpublic View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDBetaGuy View Post
I haven't noticed any specific change in the Home screen or text, but I've always thought that the Apple TV 1080p video looked noticeably better than any other streamer I've tried, and I've tried just about all of them. It's as if the ATV has had it's own ISF calibration! All it needs is 4K and an Amazon app to be perfect. I know, that's wishful thinking about the Amazon app.
The screen savers on the atv4 are particularly impressive. But right now I'm annoyed that the tv app has stopped tracking the latest episodes in my watch list.

Current theater & gear: "Nathan's Theater in Search of....".

post #4864 of 4864 Old Today, 06:18 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 352 Post(s)
Liked: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDBetaGuy View Post
Agree with you about the look of 1080p video. It's significantly better than other 1080p feeds I've seen.

LG 65 EF 9500,Yamaha 3050,Oppo 203
Directv C61 4K box, Apple TV, SONOS Connect
Triad Bronze Center, Triad Bronze LR-H Atmos, Elan inwall surrounds, Velodyne Subs,
Savant Remote, Harmony Ultimate Home remote
"It ain't 4K if it ain't shot in 4K"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Tags
Apple Tv Mc572ll A , Apple Tv Md199ll A
Gear in this thread