Apple TV owners' thread. - Page 176 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 437Likes

post #5251 of 5254 Old Yesterday, 10:09 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Mecak View Post
I've been thinking about this, and what's preventing Apple from decoding ATMOS internally inside the Apple TV, adding system sounds, then Re-encoding it into ATMOS (or 7.1.4 etc) via Dolby Digital Plus on the output? Win Win. Not perfect, but would suit most people.
I've been thinking about this too.

Earlier rumors I heard about Siri replies was that they could simply be written replies only on screen rather than audible. One way audio.

That combined with muted remote navigation bleeps and there's no need to decode and mix audio. Simply pass through the bitstream audio. Would this be a viable option for audiophiles, if it could be implemented?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5252 of 5254 Old Today, 02:00 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 547 Post(s)
Liked: 216
I sincerely hope that when someone has an Apple TV 4K in hand that they start a new thread for "owners" of the ATV 4K. Maybe then all this "atmos"/etc. will go away and actual operation/etc will commence .
Gerry
jeep05 likes this.

Sony XBR 75X850C - Marantz NR1501 AVR - Philips BDP-7501 UHD BD Player - ShieldTV Gen 2
post #5253 of 5254 Old Today, 02:55 AM

Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by sawfish View Post
Apple uses "RGB Low" to signify PC Levels (0-255), i.e. expansion of Video Levels (16-235) to 0-255. Apple's "RGB High" OTOH means Video Levels. YCbCr is the native format for video and uses Video Levels, so, there you go. Your TV is configured for Video Levels, and you have a levels mismatch when using RGB Low. With "Auto" gone, is there no longer an "RGB High" option? If you want to leave your TV settings alone, you need to use either it or YCbCr.

Sorry, I had been using RGB High, not low. So there’s no difference between High and YCbCr?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

post #5254 of 5254 Old Today, 07:49 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 17
After getting tvOS 11 I have HDMI-CEC issues. If I airplay from an iOS device it works great and my AVR switches inputs to the Apple TV. But if I reach for the ATV remote and hit, say menu, i see the light on the ATV but my inputs won't switch over. I have to switch inputs manually. It used to just switch over with any ATV command.

CEC is still on on my Pioneer AVR and Contro TVs and Receivers is still on in the ATV.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Tags
Apple Tv Mc572ll A , Apple Tv Md199ll A

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page