Aluratek Internet Radio Problem - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 10-10-2010, 06:24 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I've had the Aluratek AIRMM01F Internet Clock Radio for almost a year. I've been mostly satisfied. As everyone else has said, the LCD display is BLINDING, but I solved that problem by turning the display off when I go to bed. Yes, I can no longer see the time, but when my favorite NPR station comes on in the morning, I know its time to get up. And I turn the display back on.

Anyway, my problem is two days ago, the display did not turn back on. I thought the menu was frozen (which it sporadically is). But no amount of button pushing would turn it back on. I unplugged it, then plugged it back in. Now the Aluratek logo comes up and I get a blank screen. Nothing else. I tried the Reset button. Nothing.

When I hold the Reset button in and reboot the radio, I get "Recovery Mode V1.0". And...nothing. The status light flashes like its doing something, but nothing for 5-10 minutes. I logged a ticket with tech support, but its the weekend. Any ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 01-04-2011, 02:47 AM

Hi there;

I have the same issue as you but my radio has passed 1 year warranty term. Did you get any answer from support team? or did they tell you what to do (apart from sending the radio to them)?.

Thank's for the info
post #3 of 6 Old 01-11-2011, 05:59 PM

I just fixed the problem. I called technical support, and amazingly got a human inside 20 sec and the solution inside 2 min! The firmware is corrupt and needs to be updated.

Go to Aluratek.com --> Forums --> Firmware, and download the latest firmware. You'll receive a .pdf and a .bin. The pdf has the instructions for transferring the bin file to the radio- basically, transfer the bin file to a flash drive, plug the flash drive into the radio, turn off the radio, and turn it back on while holding down the reset button. The radio will detect the file, perform the update and finish at the main menu. All my favorites were still there. I'm pretty happy about getting this radio back working- I love it!
post #4 of 6 Old 01-26-2011, 08:42 AM

Hey, thank you for the info.

Unfortunately it didn't work for me, I just downloaded the beta 3 firmware and saved it to the USB flash drive and pluged it into the radio when recovery mode appeared.

The firware updated and then..., nothing, aluratek logo was still in the screen, the same as before.

I0'm going to try every other firmware to see if anyone fixes it though.

Aaaaargh!, I thought I found the solution!
post #5 of 6 Old 02-14-2011, 11:13 AM

Satisfied with 01 so bought an 02. After two weeks all time reporting on MM02 disappeared! Still under warranty. Returned ($18 shipping) and the 02 was replaced after about 3 weeks. New important glitch. If use Stop Time feature ( for drowsing off to sleep) the sound turns off after appropriate time....but so does the rest of the radio. To start up again need to push large button on right rear of the radio. This means that when the radio turns off, the time is no longer visible. More importantly, if the alarm had been set for the morning, it no longer functions. This could be a good, or bad, feature!
post #6 of 6 Old 05-16-2011, 01:10 PM

My boss and I both have one of these radios. His started doing the exact same thing. Even after recovering to the latest firmware, we still get a blank screen.

Since it was going to be thrown away anyway, I took it apart and did a little research.

It uses a RISC processor, which I though was interesting. It appears to use a wireless NIC, just like in a laptop and it comes out the same way the one does in a laptop.

Apparently, before Aluratek, this exact same radio came from a company called SAGEM. Under SAGEM, it is known as the Mydu@l player 700. You can find the firmware for it (apparently an older version as this radio doesn't appear to be valid anymore) at their website sagemcom. com). The product page is here: support.sagemcom. com/site/modele_fax.php?page=produit&numero_type=15&produit=501

Remove the extra space before the com in . com. This site doesn't let you post a URL in your message until you have 3 points of something! After all of the ridiculous security measures, I don't think we have to worry too much about spammers here!

If you want to try to get that firmware to load, select LOGICIELS/PILOTES from the menu on the left. It appeared to load on mine, but the version number did not change from what I had loaded from the Aluratek site (R1.47).

Mine still works but I'm not sure I'll trust buying another Aluratek product based upon what I'm seeing here.

Good luck!
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page